• Published 24th Jan 2022
  • 487 Views, 0 Comments

Two Sides - Venomsbite



What if using the elements wasn't so easy for Celestia?

  • ...
1
 0
 487

Chapter 3

The hut I was led to was embedded into the trunk of a still living tree. There were strange jars hanging vicariously off of ropes and vines from the lower branches, promising a solid headache if one were not paying enough attention. A few strange masks were littering the ground in seemingly random places. Were all modern zebras like this, or was this Zecora the odd one out? I couldn't begin to answer, yet I still was trusting my future in her hooves. I liked this plan less with each passing second, but maybe I could become a Hippotigrian citizen when all is said and done. And that process begins with the striped creature currently beckoning me into her house.

"Please, do come inside from the night," the cryptic mare said. "I promise I do not bite." I wish I could be as jovial about this situation as my new host was. Ignoring her pointed smirk, I stepped inside into what could be called, if one were being generous, a home. There were even more jars and ingredients hanging from ropes and vines, and masks littered the surrounding shelves. In one far off corner, I could make out the bed Zecora presumably slept in, and taking up the center piece of the one room hut was a giant cauldron, currently empty and sitting upon a heap of smoldering logs and branches.

Following me in, the striped host addressed me. "I hope this is suitable for now. At least you will not hear the manticores howl," she said, already starting to pull out a fur lined sleeping bag from one of the surprisingly numerous nooks and crannies. It seemed like every word she spoke, every step she took, answered no questions and only raised more. Was the comment about manticores factual, or merely a joke? Only the most foolish, or hardened, individuals could live in manticore territory, but it has been known to happen rarely. Keeping silent, I trotted over to the sleeping bag she had provided and started to inspect it. It would be foal's play to cast simple guarding and detecting spells, but I was more than handicapped in that regard. I had to make do visually- It seemed there were no dangers, and so hesitantly I reached inside with my hoof. Satisfied there were no hidden spiders or knives, I tentatively left it in one of the various corners of the hut.

While I was busy inspecting her generosity, it seems Zecora had started preparing dinner. "I know your thoughts must be hectic, but please eat and allow me to explain it." The zebra said, pushing a plate of various greens and fruits onto the stool in front of me. Sitting on top of my new bed, I started eating after the third inspection of the day. Seeing me eating, Zecora started to explain and catch me up to speed.

"As your highness is sure to know, it has been a long time since the day of a thousand years ago. Manners and speaking have changed much, but the heart and mind are not as such. Ponies still care and love, but the rule of Celestia has changed much from above. Celestia, right after your fall, devoted herself to research in her grand hall. As the years passed and grew, so did the laws and the sister you once knew. Equestria is prosperous and fun, while we are under the rule of the sun." Well, that definitely would make sense. I mean, how could I not have been just a burden, holding Celestia back? The more I learn, the more I wish to leave.

Seeing my despondent glare, Zecora spoke with an increasingly caring voice. "However, the sun has a dark spot that not many suspect, and I think you can heal the hurt that was left." She said. Well how the hell am I supposed to heal the pony who ran an entire fucking country for a thousand years successfully? Apparently, I had voiced these thoughts out loud, as Zecora thought fit to reply "You left in a broken state, and now you can heal years of hate." After a quick and anger-filled glance, the zebra took the hint and the night quickly lapsed into silence.


"I suppose you can take a message at the very least, right?" I asked of the quite nervous filly at the front desk. Finally regaining her confidence when faced with a task she knows well, the receptionist bobbed very quickly while bending over to take some forms out form underneath her desk. Coming back up for air, she shifted into a clearly practiced tone while telling me where to sign and leave my message. While I was explaining the need to meet in very vague terms on paper, I let my mind drift to what legislation could be written to allow quick contact in case of outside emergencies. Maybe I could create a law saying that if you are high enough, you can have access to every institution's information on request? No, the chances for tyran- snap.

Sighing, I dropped my now broken pencil and my thoughts, and looked up at the counter filly. "Excuse me, but may I have a different pencil?" I asked, neglecting to mention exactly why I needed a new one. I saw a quick flare of red magic come from her, directed towards the abused piece of wood before quickly surrounding a new pencil in a pale blue aura and hovered it over to me. Taking it quickly, I finished the form without allowing my magical focus to waver.

After giving the form back to her, I quickly left the university and began to fly to my room. All the roles I could be expected to fill have been filled, and now nothing more to do then wait. And with the day I just had, I would need a major recuperative episode before I would be able to raise the sun in the morning, let alone take on extensive princess duties. Landing in my chambers, I allowed my magic to fade into the background for the first time in 2 weeks. All at once, my surroundings disappeared and my hell returned. Navigating to where I knew my bed to be, I landed snout-first and allowed my overclocked brain to stop.

Of course, she would return. She always did. "Wow, you really suck. My progenitor came back and I'm still here! You depressed fuck, did you really think your sorry ass can truly get rid of me? Even if you heal the pussy that is my mother, you think that the universe would magically fix everything and make everything better? Like the universe would ever give the major fuck up that is you a break! Ha, like you even deserve it!" Wow, I must be really lucky to only be getting the usual. Maybe I can even get 2 hours of sleep tonight.

As the hours, and taunts, went on, I slowly fell away from consciousness and into a dreamscape.

I am so tired.

Author's Note:

Sorry for being slow folks!
Schools and stuffs are taking up my time :p
Thanks for reading, and let me know what yall think in the comments!
<3

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment