• Published 14th Oct 2021
  • 551 Views, 24 Comments

Our Inner Demon - BlueDiamond



Sunset Shimmer is pretty, popular and happy. Yet, when she is abandoned, her and her unlikely new group sense their inner demons..

  • ...
 24
 551

One.

Sunset Shimmer woke up with her crimson locks slightly tangled and worn, her heart beating a mile a minute. She rubbed her eyes, then got out of bed and slowly started to dress. She wasn't feeling good.

She had the nightmare again.

Sunset wasn't new to nightmares; they had haunted her more times than she could count during the aftermath of the Fall Formal. This nightmare, however, had been repeating itself from the time she was Celestia's personal student to the present.

She hated this nightmare. She hated it.
But she hated telling her friends about it more.

So her friends had no idea of the supposed 'nightmares'.
Although, she had a tendency to black out during the day the nightmare happened. But as the nightmares only happened once a month, they didn't notice it that much. Thankfully.

The amber-skinned girl briefly touched her cheeks, having noticed they were slightly wet and it turned out, unsurprisingly, that there were tear tracks on them. She turned to the bedside table for some spare cloth, or tissues, and found out that she had somehow woken up earlier than even Applejack.

Huh. Just glad I didn't wake up screaming or something.
I guess I'll have a shower then come back.

After a quick shower, she decided to wear a orange cut out shoulder top with her normal black leather jacket with a pair of blue jeans. But when she reached for her bag

OH SWEET CELESTIA-

She forgot her books! The girls had brought all of their homework to Rarity's to do it there, (much to Rainbow's annoyance), and she had said she had already done it.

But she forgot to bring the homework books!

The girls had planned to go immediately to school like yesterday. What was she supposed to say when she didn't have her homework?!?! She never missed giving her homework!

Calm down, calm down. The girls won't mind if you go back home and take your books and go straight to school.

Right, that is what she was going to do.
She took her bag containing her toiletries, then ran out the room.

"Mrs. Crumbles!" She burst into the kitchen, her hair bouncing in waves around her shoulders, panting. "I need to go back to my apartment to-"

"Calm down, dearie, you're in a right state!" Mrs. Crumbles said. The girl, who was called Sunset, if she remembered correctly, seemed to be frantic about something. 'Now, calm down and tell what you need. Pancakes? Toast?"

"N-no." she said, breathing heavily. Her heart was still beating fast from running down the stairs. "I left my books at my apartment and I was wondering if you'll tell the girls where I went?"
"Sure thing."
"Thank you!"

Sunset hoisted her bag up her shoulder and walked down the driveway, ignoring the ring of her phone and not realizing that four of her friends were watching her.

She reached her motorcycle and put on her helmet, which was on the motorcycle still. Safety first, after all.
She whirred the engine and went on her way, not hearing Rainbow calling her name as she sped off to her neighbourhood.


Author's Note:

Next chapter: KABOOM

Yeaaahhhhh, I decided making you guys waiting for 2 months was enough....
And for a measly chapter too! I really need to write more. I profusely apologise to the readers of my story and were looking forward for probably a 2,000 word chapter. :C.
Sorry! But I kinda was struggling with writer's block for the past 4 weeks :<

And happi new year ^-^



Also, the outfit Sunset is wearing is basically the outfit she wears now, except with blue jeans :>

Ooh, the next chapter is what is going to make this story uNiQuE.
sO kEeP oN aNtiCiPitAtiNg!!!

And hopefully I post it in less than a week-

Comments ( 4 )

Say what!? Mrs. crumble you are a bad adult don't you know it is not advisable to allow someone who either just suffered from a panic attack or about to suffer one to ride a bike nor a car😣 tsk tsk tsk bad🤣 Also cliff hanger no matter the year nor day never seems fail to popup everywhere 🤣

11108451
Lol! Glad ur not angry at the two months gap.

And I forgot about that cliffhanger :rainbowlaugh:

So far, so good. Can’t wait for the next chapter.

when the next chapter gonna coming ?

Login or register to comment