• Published 16th Oct 2021
  • 1,433 Views, 1 Comments

Reign of nightmares - SeiryuofEast



A young woman, who knows little about MLP, find herself in the world of Equestria with a strange but familiar body with others who had experience the same change

  • ...
6
 1
 1,433

Chapter 1: Crazy day

Ruins of the old pony sisters castle, one hour before dawn

Selene Light's POV


Hi, I'm Selene Light, Princess of Equestria, in the past I was both a human from earth and the infamous Nightmare Moon, today I was going to have a peaceful morning, I woke earlier to work on my schedule. But today was gonna be special morning because I was planning on playing a prank on Tia, I was going to her fridge were she keeps her cakes and I was going to put in a harmless bomb that would explode and cover her in cream. Earlier I mentioned the word 'was' right? For some reason, the moment when I opened the fridge I found a portal inside that end up sucking me in. When I opened my I eyes, I found myself in a familiar place. I was now inside some place in ruins that I quickly recognized as the old pony sisters castle, why I was here? I have no idea, maybe it was a prank that Tia prepared anticipating my prank.

I could teleport myself back home to Canterlot, but I want to be sure that this was her payback for the pranks that I have done to her in the past. So I began walking, looking for any sign of who brought me here, it been quite of time since the last time I explored these ruins, still, there hasn't been any sign of Tia or Luna since I began my search. I entered the throne room, the place where I was defeated as Nightmare Moon, I move into the gloom and suddenly felt something brushing against my foreleg, when I turn to my left I was astonished by what I found, there on the floor was a filly version of myself, she was looking at me confused, she was me in every way, the wings, the horn, her black fur, and her eyes were the same as mine, how this was possible?


"Moony? Is that you?" asked the filly in front of me with a soft and sweet tone in her voice while she was looking at me unsure, her behavior reminds me of Fluttershy a bit.

"Ok this is enough..." I said as I turn around don't paying much attention to the filly's words. "Very funny Tia, but this a little too far for your pranks you know? You can't involve a filly in this..." I said to my surroundings waiting for a reply that never came, then I turn back to the filly. "Ok little one, who are you? Are you one of the crusaders?" I asked with a friendly tone to the filly as I was smiling to her.

"Eh no, I'm not one of the crusaders." said the filly looking at me still confused.

"I see, don't worry, I'm gonna use a spell of dispel on you and this costume will disappear in a moment..." I said as I use my magic and shoot at the filly, her body was covered with my magic for a brief moment, when it was over I noticed that the filly was still the same. "Wha-what?" I said surprised.

"What it this? My magic is not in bad shape, so why the filly is not back in her original form? Unless, that this is her true self." I thought concerned and looking to the filly, trying to understand what is happening.

"Eh, Moony? Are you ok?" asked the filly to me worried and confused.

"What? 'Moony'? I don't quite understand, but what do you say if we introduce ourselves to clear our confusions?..." I proposed to the filly who nods to me in replied. "Good, my name is Selene Light, Princess of Equestria, in the past I was formely a human and also Nightmare Moon, I got here from a portal that has opened in front of me and brought me here." I told to the filly, omitting the part of the prank that I was going to do to Tia.

"My name is Stellar Nova, I'm a Princess of Equestria, I was also a human in the past, I don't how but, when I was playing with my friends at the Sweet Apple Acres I was crossing in between some bushes with my eyes closed, when I opened my eyes I found myself here for some reason." explained Stellar to me who looks concerned about her problem.

"I see, so you were a human too?..." I asked and Stellar just nods to me in replied. "That's quite interesting, I wonder if is that some connect-" I try to said but I was suddenly interrupted.

"Watch out Selene! Behind you!" exclaim Stellar to me scared.

"What?..." I said as I turn to look at my back. "Wh-what?!" I exclaimed astonished with what I saw that was coming behind me.


There was something walking to our direction behind my back from a dark corridor, when it was out the corridor and it got closer enough, both Stellar and I got a good sight of the intruder, it was a Nightmare Moon like us, but she was a lot different than Stellar or me, this one instead of having hoofs on her forelegs, she has claws with five fingers in each hand, she has a long tail that has a semblance similar to a dragon's tail, just that her tail's tip has a purple fur, but the most astonishing traits that this Nightmare Moon were on her head, she has a bit curve and pointy horn that looks sharp, from her eyes were coming a neon blue haze that for some reason I think I saw that trait in other pony but I can't remember who and finally, she has two visible fangs from her mouth and they were shining in a bio luminescent neon blue light.

I don't want to take any risk, so I covered Stellar behind me with my body as I took a fighting stance and point with my horn to this creature, it doesn't matter how but I have to protect this filly, when I prepared my magic ready to shoot, this Nightmare Moon quickly sit on the floor and raised her arms while she was looking at me concerned with a nervous smile on her face.


"He-hello there." said the Nightmare Moon with the same voice as mine as she was smiling to us.


Samantha's POV


My name is Samantha Brown or Sam for my friends, I'm a 26 years old woman, I have green eyes, a long red hair and an athletic figure, I try to stay in form as I workout in the gym at the weekends when I have free time, I'm finished my college studies earlier and also got my title of medicine, I live alone in my apartment, I recently start working at the hospital in my own hometown and my parents were proud of me, my life was quite of normal...Did I said normal? I was wrong with that term, I should have say boring, B-O-R-I-N-G, this is a very simple life for me, my routine can be resume in this: Going to my job, going back home to rest and going to the gym. Most of my friends 'spread their wings' out the town so I don't have much people to fool around and my friends at the hospital are always busy, I would kill for doing something fun and exciting for at least one time.

Today I comeback home after my schedule at the hospital, I was so tired that I left my bag on the floor as I walk to the living of my apartment and take a seat on my big sofa in front of my tv and with the remote control I turn it on as I try to find something good to watch. I should go to have a shower first but I want to lazy around for a while, when I was 'surfing' to the channels I found something that make me recall some memories from the past:'My little pony friendship is magic' a cartoon for little girls that got pretty popular, a friend mine recommend me this show, at that time I only watched the first episodes when that winged black unicorn appeared who was gonna do something very stupid, still it was funny to see how it was going to work a world when there was only night time, but after that character was defeated, the next episodes become kind of boring, well it was a kid show I can't expect something good from it so I drop it, but for this time after so long from don't watching this show, I decided to give it a chance for now.

Now the episode that I was watching was when the the main character Twilight, who it seems that she got wings from the last time I watched the show, was fighting some kind of red horned centaur, Tirek was his name, but what was surprised me the most of this fight it was that was a lot like the Dragon ball anime, I would lie if I say that I wasn't enjoying this fight, in fact I was laughing my ass out about it, I never expected that a show for little kids would have a fight with this kind of dynamic.

After the fight was over, Tirek won against Twilight and after absorbing more magic he becomes a giant and he began to terrorize and destroy things, I didn't get to watch how the things end since I was really needing a bath, so I left the living room to go to my bathroom, I take my clothes off and left them on the floor as I entered to my shower closing the door behind me and I start to wash my body. The time pass while my eyes were closed as I feel the water touching my skin, I was still thinking how fun and interesting was that fight on that cartoon, I haven't feel that kind of joy in a long time, maybe I should watch more anime or try to find more kid shows with that kind references, just to laugh about them.

Suddenly I felt something odd at my feet, I was feeling the water touching me over my heels, did the drain is clogged? When I opened my I eyes and look down my blood got cold in a blink, there down closer to my feet, a whirling vortex was opening and as the seconds passed, it was getting bigger and bigger, also I can look some multi colored lights inside the vortex. In my state of panic I didn't have the time to wonder how this was even possible and I try to get out my shower but the door was stuck, desperately I try to slide the door to open it but the stupid thing doesn't move not even a bit, then suddenly my right foot slip and I end up falling on my butt, too bad that under my butt was the 'vortex of death' that now was bigger enough to suck my entire body in, then after screaming like a little girl while I was falling in this vortex, I was looking up to the vortex's entrance to my shower and I noticed how it was shrunken until it got closed, leaving me here falling in a space of multi colored shining lights.


"Oooooohhhhh my head." I said upset with my head spinning as I was slowly opening my eyes.


After that crazy experience, I was laying on a hard surface as I opened my eyes, my vision was a bit blurred in fact I feel dizzy and weak as I try to stand but I barely manage to use my arms to lift my upper body. As my vision was getting better, I noticed that I was not in my bathroom anymore, this place where I'm now looks more like an abandoned bedroom, I can noticed the dust and spiderwebs around, the furniture were made of wood and they were in a bad state, the walls and floor were of stone but they look like in ruins in fact there was a hole at one of the walls that it was coming the light from the outside, moonlight to be exact.


"Where the hell I'm now?..." I said looking around but then I look down to my arms. "Eeeeeeekkkk!" I yelled both scared and astonished when I saw my arms.


My arms were now covered in a black fur and my hands doesn't look like hands anymore, they look more like claws, I try to stand up but after a few seconds I fell on fours legs, at this point now in my senses fully awakened, I noticed how different my body feels than the usual as also feel something at my sides, I turn around to look better at my body and I found a broken mirror, even with the scratches that it has, with it I can now see that I'm not a human anymore. My body was covered with the same black fur, my back legs were the ones of a horse, I have a tail that have the semblance of a easter dragon and the fur at the tip of my tail were purple and I also have black wings at my sides.

But I was more shocked when I saw my face, it looks like that character from the first episodes of my little pony, just with very distinctive traits. The first one was my now horn, it was a bit curve like the ones that has an antelope, it was pointy and looks sharp, my eyes were same as the character just that there was a neon blue smoke or energy coming out from the tips of my eyelids, my long red hair has been now replaced by the same ethereal mane of that character, but the most weird detail were on my teeth, I have fangs now, fangs that were bio luminescent in a blue neon light, have you see the movie Attack the block? That movie that has those picth black aliens? Well my teeth are now shining like the ones that have those aliens of that movie.


"But what heck happened to me?..." I said in my now mature and sexy voice. "Wow, my voice sounds gorgeous." I said a bit excited as I move my right hand to touch my right cheek as I look to my reflection in the broken mirror.


At this moment I did the obvious, I pinch my right cheek hard until I felt a tear coming out my eye, I stopped and quickly began to gently rubbing off the pain of my cheek as I was regretting of doing that.


"Yeah not a dream...Ouch." I thought in silent waiting for the pain to go away.


After hurting my cheek and discovering that this was not a dream, I decided to get out this room, it was not a easy task, I fell like ten times to the floor, two of the times I got hit on my face, damn who would thought that walking on four legs would be so hard? But after those failed attempts, I finally was able to walk and now I can properly explore this place. When I was out that room I walk for a while as I was looking to my surroudings, true to be told, there was nothing interesting here, only ruined corridors and old destroyed stuff, I'm at some ruins or something like that? I want to get out of here.


Luckily my prayers and patience were rewarded as I heard some voices coming from the end of a corridor that it seems that it was leading to a room, maybe those people can help me in my situation. I haste my walk but when I was at the end of the corridor I heard the voices more clearly, there was a voice who sounds like my actual voice and the other voice was of a little girl. I took a small glance from my position and I was surprised with what I saw, there was that character from the first episodes of MLP and it...Well she...Was accompanied by a small version of herself...How is that even possible? Well looking down to myself I pretty much don't have a bit of sense either, the small one looks cute that's for sure, they seen to be talking about something.


"What should I do? Should I approach to them? Yeah that would be a cool idea, I will walk and talk to them and it could be like: 'Hey, how's the weather today?' Oh god that would be so stupid, but I don't have any better idea, well, let's get over with this." I thought and took a deep breath before looking to the pair.


At this moment I come out from my 'hiding spot' walking normally to these two ponies, I put the best calm and friendly smile that I could make as I was approaching to them from their back. Then the small black winged unicorn saw me walking to them and she quickly got a sight of my looks as she got scared and let out a scream, the mature one turns around and saw me, she was surprised at first but she reacts moving in front of the small version of herself and took a stance ready to fight me a she points her horn at me, I quickly put my claws up as I sit on the floor trying to look harmless to them, I feel like if a cop just caught me stealing something and is pointy me with his gun.


"He-hello there." I said a bit surprised trying to remain serene as I put my most friendly smile to work.

"Who or what are you? State your intentions now!" yelled the 'normal' me at me with her horn now sparking with dark electricity.

"Hey hey, calm down girl, I'm not going do anything to you two, I just want to know where I'm, ok?" I told a bit nervous to 'normal' me with a cheeky smile while she was still pointing her horn at me.

"..." the 'normal' me was looking me unsure of my words for a while, with my looks, I don't blame her, she then continue asking to me. "Do you know something about some portals?" she asked this time to me.

"If you are talking about some random vortex that suck me out when I was using the shower, yeah, its pretty sucks." I replied a bit annoyed as I remembered what happened to me, but I was being honest with my words.

"I see, now answer this, do you were human before?" asked me 'normal' me with a serious expression on her face.

"Yes...Do you like anime?" I said joking a bit but it was to say something relate to earth, but it seems to work since 'normal' me seems to be calming down.

"I see, so we are in the same boat...Sort of, I think." said 'normal' me who was a side of 'kid' me looking at us.

"What do you mean?" I asked to 'normal' me.

"First let me introduce myself, my name is Selene Light, I'm one of Equestria Princesses and in the past I was partly a human before I become like this." said Selene as she moves and puts her right hoof on her chest.

"Partly?" I said a bit confused and curious about it.

"Oh oh my turn my turn, my name is Stellar Nova, Princess of Equestria and I was also a human." said Stellar smiling excited as she was jumping a few times, then both of them were looking at me waiting for my introduction.

"What? They are expecting me to say my name? But they have silly but cool names, that's not fair, what they expect me to say? 'Hello my name is Samatha formely a human, I'm a regular nurse from my hometown, nice to meet you' No! I refuse to say something so casual, think Sam think, Selene is something relate to the moon and Stellar is about stars and space...What about...Oh yeah why not use that?" I thought for a while until I got a good name as I smile to the pair.

"You can call me Asteria...I'm not a princess of anything, I was formely a human who was a young and nice woman, I just got here via crazy vortex and I was hoping that you two could tell me how I end up here, looking like this." I said as I point to myself with my right claw.

"Asteria? Is that your name?" asked Stellar to me looking unsure.

"Hey kid at least my name doesn't sound silly like yours." I thought upset throwing daggers with my look at her and she instantly regret what she said.

"So-sorry." said Stellar a bit scared taking a few steps back while looking at me with a fearful puppy eyes.

"What are you doing Sam? She is just a child." I thought for a moment looking at Stellar and I sigh in defeat.

"Hey, I'm sorry for looking at you like that, I really didn't want to scare you or anything." I said as I apologize to Stellar who now has a smile on her face after hearing my words.

"Is fine, your name actually sounds nice." said Stellar now in better mood as I smile to her.

"Well, girls right?..." said Selene calling our attention as Stellar and I nod in replied to her. "Good, well I'm gonna suppose that the three of us come here in the same way from a portal almost at the same period of time." explained Selene to us.

"What do you mean?" I asked curious to Selene.

"I say tha-" try to say Selene but she is suddenly interrupted.


Out of nowhere, a dark laser was shoot from our left in front of Stellar and I, unfortunately it hit Selene by her right side, sending her to fly away and she crashed to a wall suprising us, then we heard some footsteps coming from the direction of the 'death ray' has come from and when we turn around we saw another version of us, this one was male and was bit taller too, his horn was sparking with dark energy, he was wearing an armor and he looks pretty piss off when we look to his face.


"I finally found you Luna! You are gonna regret that we aren't sharing the same body anymore right now!" exclaimed 'male' me very angry as he was looking at the direction where Selene have crashed and was walking to her.

"What that hell is he talking about?" I said confused and quite surprised for what is happening, but then 'male' me stops and turns to looking at us.

"What?! Who are you?!" asked 'male' me pointing his horn at me ready to shoot his death ray to me.

"Hey hey calm down buddy, we aren't your enemies..." I said to him with nervous smile and I look down to Stellar. "Right? Eh?" I said confused when I noticed that Stellar was not at my side anymore.


When I turn around to look for Stellar I saw her flying in the direction where Selene was, speaking of Selene, I can see that she was rising from the rubbles of he wall and turns to look at 'male' me and she was very angry with him for what he has done a moment ago.


"Are you ok Selene?" asked Stellar concerned about Selene as she was flying at side of her.

"Yes I'm ok Stellar, thank you..." said Selene to Stellar and then he turns to look at 'male' me and walks to his direction. "You...What is your problem?! If I wasn't an alicorn you could have kill me with that, are you mad or what?!" exclaimed Selene to 'male' me who now looks confused looking at the three of us as his horn has ceased with the sparking.

"What the...Are any of you Luna?" asked 'male' me to us, now he looks a bit more calm than before.


Selene just sigh upset about what just happened and she took a deep breath to relax a bit. At this moment she began to tell the situation to 'male' me, he still haven't told us his name, so I will continue calling him 'male' me for now on, he seems to be in the same boat as us for what he has told us that he was a human and he was here because of a crazy portal, at this moment the sun appears to be rising, because we can see the sunlight coming from the hole that was in the ceiling, after our introductions, 'male' me, instead of tell us his name he just sighs and turns around looking down.


"Really? I'm still not in earth? If at least I could find Luna, that way I could solve one of my problems." said 'male' to himself, I suppose since he was not looking at us.

"You want to find Luna? Why?" said Stellar curious about it as she walks a side of 'male' me while I stood a side of Selene.

"I have to talk with her about a issue that we have, but I don't even know where is she right now." replied 'male' me to Stellar.

"Oh I know where Luna is right now." replied Stellar smiling to 'male' me.

"Oh really? Can you tell me about where she is?" asked 'male' with a small smile on his face to Stellar.

"Oh wait minute, I know were this goes." I thought with a smirk looking at the situation.

"Wait Stell-" try to say Selene, but I quickly move my right claw to cover her mouth.

"Oh no lady, you aren't gonna ruin this moment." I thought as Selene was trying to move away my claw of her mouth, but it seems that I'm stronger than her since she can't get free of my grip.

"Luna might be sleeping at this moment at Canterlot's royal castle." replied Stellar to 'male' me.

"Oh really? Then you know where this Canterlot's castle is?" asked 'male' me smiling as Stellar nods to him.

"If we are in the ruins of the pony sisters castle, then Canterlot might be at that direction." said Stellar pointing with her left hoof to a direction of her left.

"Really? Thanks kid." said 'male' me as his smile become an evil grin.

Suddenly, the horn of 'male' me shines with a dark light and shoots to the ceiling making a new and big hole, he then spread his wings and he quickly ascends to the sky as he is leaving the castle through the hole that he just made a moment ago, leaving the three of us behind.


"Just wait a bit Luna, soon I will make you PAY!" exclaimed 'male' me from the outside as we heard him laughing like a maniac as he fly away.

"Oh no..." said Stellar as she turns looking at us with a worried look on her face. "I-I think that I shouldn't have told him that." said Stellar concerned.

"Nah, it was ok..." I said as I take my claw off Selene's face, she then tries to breath air. "But I has to say, that was kind of badass of him." I said looking at the hole of the ceiling.

"Kind of...'Badass you said?..." said Selene panting a bit while looking at me angry. "Are you out your mind?! Why did you covered my mouth? Haven't you not notice that guy's intention? Now who knows what that maniac is gonna do when he finds Luna." said Selene very upset at me.

"Upsy daisy." I simple said with a mischievous look to Selene.

"Ugh..." said Selene irritated as she puts her right hoof on her face, did she do a facepalm? Then she look at me and Stellar with a serious look. "Ok listen, we may still have time to stop that crazy guy before he do something at Canterlot, I can teleport us to that place but I don't think that is a good idea, because of our looks and somepony could have a misunderstanding with us, so our only option is to fly to Canterlot so let's go." said Selene to us while she spread her wings and take flight.

"Right..." said Stellar as she follows Selene, but then the pair stops at the moment when they noticed that I wasn't following them. "Are you ok Asteria?" asked Stellar looking down to me.

"You know, you two seems to have experience with your wings while I just got mine not too long ago, well you know what they say, time is money, so I better go walking to Canterlot..." I said walking a way a bit until I stop to look up at Selene. "Oh yeah, do you know where's the exit of this place?" I said in a sarcastic tone with a smile mocking Selene.


Selene was now grinding her teeth angry while looking at me as I was laughing at her in my mind, I think I'm going to enjoy teasing her.

Author's Note:

Good, I finally finished the first chapter of this short story, still I'm still deciding in what time this story is developing, one idea was before Starlight's revenge, and the other was at the Grogar events :twilightsheepish:

If you want to have a better image of Asteria, just imagine a Nightmare Moon with a Hippogriff body :twilightsheepish:

Btw, for Asteria's personality, I'm inspired in a character from a tokusatsu series for her character, I wonder if someone would notice the reference :ajsmug:

Anyway, I just hope that you have enjoyed this chapter, if I had done any mistake, please let me know :twilightsmile:

Comments ( 1 )

I would love to see where this story goes.

Login or register to comment