• Published 23rd Dec 2011
  • 494 Views, 0 Comments

The Dreamcastle letters - Drilltooth



the story of a castle, as laid forth in letters from it's leader to the capital

  • ...
 0
 494

year 252

12 Granite, year 252
To Chancellor-regent Silverdancer

I wish it was under better circumstances that I was penning this letter to the Capital, Our situation here on the frontier is rather precarious at the moment. But, at the present time, it seems our enemies have yet to find this place.

Construction of the castle itself is proceeding well, Soon after arriving on-site we located a small rise upon which to construct the edifice. Despite the miscommunication that led to our being sent blue stone instead of the purple called for in the orginal plans. We have sucessfully completed the first two floors of the central keep that is meant to be the focal point of the structure, and Have begun work on the outer wall advised by Canyonveil to help keep the local wildlife from interfering with the daily lives of our citizens.

It is, however with the deepest sorrow I must inform you of the death of Syrup Singglitter, the beloved, and respected leader of our band of colonists, Fallen to the hardships of the winter that have claimed the lives of 13 of our band. However, we remain resolute to carry on, Even If, for a time, there was some speculation you had intended our expedition to be a death sentence, instead of the Colony so gossiped in the Streets; and debated most vigorously within the Guildhalls of, Tighttummy two years ago.
The mason Trimman and myself, have endeavored to silence these rumours, for fear that they would prove the undoing of the entire project.

Since assuming leadership, I've had my Hooves full trying to keep this place together, but, Gods willing, through our toil Dreamcastle will rise to become a shining jewel among the land, and a testament to the greatness of Ponykind.

Bewilder Testzephyr, Expedition leader, Dreamcastle colony.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment