• Published 14th May 2021
  • 633 Views, 5 Comments

Kami: Flames of Amaterasu (Book 1) - Kitsune_Kenshi



One of the greatest weapons of the Gods were stolen, and Black Fox was sent to retake it, can he and his new friends make it in time?

  • ...
3
 5
 633

Chapter 1: The Solar Prince

Author's Note:

Okay, so as you see from the blog I posted about this new OC, he travels between dimensions, so he could use some anime in this book. Heh so you guys might encounter some stuff from Naruto... Since its similar to Japanese Mythology in one way.

*This is my first Japanese mythology crossover, I need to do some research on it. so it might take a while for me to update again.*

It all started when Headmare Twilight decides to assign the school an exploration project, which is to freely explore ancient historical sites. While the others were at places like the two sisters castle, ancient ruins of the Pillars' statues, and some other sites.

The six friends, well, mostly to Gallus; who wants to find a site where nopony/creature has found, deep in the Everfree Forest. At first they're a bit hesitate, since Everfree Forest is basically like another version of Tartarus except it had more plants and weird weather. But of course did hot headed Gallus went in anyway, the rest of them followed. After spending hours of searching in the deep parts of the forest, teh sun is beginning to set, and Gallus founded nothing.

"Gallus, we should get ready to leave now," Sandbar said, "it's getting dark and we have some unlearnt visitors here." He looked towards the bushes a few feet away from them, which has four pairs of eerie glowing yellow eyes staring at them.

"Aw com' on! We must be close! An ancient site must be somewhere in the deepest part of the forest," Gallus waved his talons as he pulled out a matchbox and a medium sized stick, "besides, I'm not stupid enough to not prepare some fire." He lighted the torch up, which successfully scared away the Timberwolves, he winked at them, "Let's go, that ancient site ain't getting nowhere."

Ocellus looked both hesitating and worried, "But, but what if Headmare Twilight gets worried?"

"We'll head back if we couldn't find the site in five minutes." Gallus said as he waved his talons, singling the group to follow. Sandbar sighed before following the stubborn Griffon into the woods, the girls looked at each other before following the two males.

As if the Goddess of Luck is adoring them, Gallus spotted some masonry stone stacks over a field without any trees, "See what I mean?" he said proudly, in front of them is a small house-like building made up with gray masonries with mosses on them, seems like it was here for a really long time. Ocellus gulped as she spotted some strange eyes staring at them from the bushes, some of them began to growl; the torch began to fade all of a sudden, then a sudden, cold breeze of air current roamed passed the Students, shindig chills down their spines.

"G-Gallus," SIlverstream stammered, "I-I think w-we should go now."

However, Gallus continued forward as if he heard nothing, he stared at the strange carvings on the wall; from the faint light of the torch, he could see some strange paintings; it looked almost like some strange creatures that walks on two legs with weird features like horns and spiked tails. Then there was this huge snake with eight heads, attacking those creatures. Then the next carving showed a figure similar tp those smaller two legged creatures, slaying the Eight-Headed snake. It looked like a male in a heavy set of armor, with a long sword engulfed in dark flames. Then the Young Six approached to this bigger stone carving, and right there was another of those figure, with rays of light behind her; Gallus assumed it's a 'her' due to the figure's physical appearance. The last carving showed two familiar alicorns; Celestia and Luna, bowing to that female figure, as if they were saying their farewell. Then the carving ended.

"W-Whoa," after a long moment of silence, Sandbar finally gasped in wonder, "That was something..."

"It's like... It's like trying to tell us a story." Smolder added.

"Plus that guy with sword and cool clack finely thingy on them!" Silverstream squeed.

"Uh, Yona don't like to interrupt but," the Yak gulped as she saw her Griffon friend going deeper into the hall, "griffon friend is not stopping."

The bond of friends looked to Yona's direction, and was shocked to see Gallus vanishing into the halls, "H-Hey dude! Wait for us!" Sandbar shouted as he galloped after Gallus, the rest of them followed. They found the blue Griffon entering a large room which looked a bit like a ceremony chamber. A large entrance-like object stood in the middle on top of a stage in the middle of the chamber, slight glow can being seen coming from the entrance, and Gallus was right in front of it.

Sandbar rush to his side, and saw what made Gallus so intersected; the entrance is made of stones, and on teh side of the entrance were poles, numerous symbols which he considered as an unknown language were carved all over.

"Is it ancient Equestrian?" Smolder asked Ocellus, however the blue changeling shook her head.

"I don't think so, those symbols are completely new to me, plus I've never seen such language in any of the books nor recordings."

"Ohh, sparkly..." Silverstream, meanwhile was attracted to something that's reflecting dim light from their torch, it was a sword; however, unlike those she saw, this sword is a bit thick, with twin sharp edges, the sword was forged in a weird shape, the handle was neatly decorated with fabrics and charms. On the surface of the blade, lies an ancient Equestrian word.

"Ocellus check this out!" Silverstream chirped, "I found an artifact!"

"Hm? Why is the word 'Snake' carved on it?" Turned out that the 'word' on it is an ancient Equestrian hieroglyphs, it it spelled out the word 'Snake', which is not making any sense at all, Ocellus pressed her forehead; this mysterious chamber is really creeping her out.

Suddenly, they heard a gasp from Sandbar, "Gallus what did you do?!"

Just a few seconds ago, Gallus started to mumble strange languages while reaching his talons to the entrance, which started to glow as his talons reaches closer, seeing this Sandbar immediately reaches his hooves to stop his griffon friend, but something was keeping him from doing so, it was a huge yet powerful coercion, as if Celestia was using her full force against her enemies.

As soon as Gallus's talons touched the entrance, the glowing light turned into a swirl of whirlpool. It's reflecting lights similar to Luna's starlight, then an even GREATER coercion erupted from the whirlpool, everyone lost their control of movements as they bowed down for no reason; as if the coercion is forcing them to do so.

And then, the whirlpool exploded as a shadow was launched from the now closing portal, it slammed right into Gallus as the two rolled onto the floor. Lastly, the whirlpool slowly faded away as the entrance became dead silence as it is before. The top of the chamber collapsed, revealing Luna's moonlight shining upon the ruined chamber.

"I-Is everycreature aright?" Smolder was the first to get up, seeing Ocellus moaning painfully, she rushed to her side.

"Ugh... My head..." Sandbar grunted, Silverstream meanwhile was losing for Gallus desperately.

"Gallus?! No, no, no...." seeing the collapsed stones which formed a hill, Silverstream began to tear up, he might be buried alive.

Suddenly, the top of the stone hill exploded into shards and dust, everyone covered their faces, when they looked to the explosion's location again, they were shocked to see that shadow which trusted from teh portal stood there with a certain passed out blue Griffon on its shoulder. Due to the bright moonlight, the students can see the figure's appearances; they assumed it's a 'he', his height at around 160 cm, a dark fox mask covering his face, dark, spiked mane on his head reflecting the cold moonlight, and weird clothing he wore; like a mix between armor and robe. He carried a bit TOO much weapons; a long bow, a spear, and two blades were tied to his back, a long, slightly carved sword was on his waist, and smaller blades were gripped in his right paw... Or whatever that is.

They couldn't see his eyes due to the mask, but they could tell that this 'creature' is staring at them as well. Then he placed Gallus down on the ground gently as he checked the Griffon's pulse.

"A local I see here..." his voice were the most creepiest, as if there were three voices mixed together; sounded like from a male, a teenager, and a female. Then he suddenly turned his head swiftly at the Young five, whom were frozen in fear as they met the creature's eyeless masked face, a cold feeling send chills down their spine. A coercion can be felt from him as well, although it's not strong as the one before.

"A brief explanation I see is needed here don't we...", he said in his creepy voice, as he started to walk towards them, seeing the students began to shake and cowered in fear, teh creature stopped and tiled his head, "Am I that terrifying?" he suddenly spoke in a normal male voice around 16.

"Eh?!" teh students looked to each other, then at him.

Finally, Sandbar spoke up, "Uh... Hi there... Mister..." he's voice fell apart as he felt the creatures vision lands on him.

After a few second seconds of silence, the creature spoke, "My name is Black Fox, or... call me the Solar Prince."

Comments ( 4 )

What myth is this a crossover with?

10815516
No specific myth outside of the legend of Orochi, mostly just Japanese mythology in general from what I understand.

10815575
Thanks for telling

awesome chapter mate keep it up cant wait for the next chapter:pinkiehappy::twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment