• Published 21st Mar 2021
  • 139 Views, 0 Comments

You're Kidding.. Right? - Rain Fall



Evergreen Rose has always been an out-there pony. One day she finds out something that she was never expecting..

  • ...
 0
 139

Chapter 1

It was a sunny day in Ponyville, perfect for the long day of work Lilac and I had ahead of us. Our friend Fire Spirit decided to join us today. It was strange, having him help us, but I guess he just wanted to be nice.

"Hurry up, Rose!" Lilac yelled.

"Coming!" I yelled back and came down the stairs.

"Jeez, I thought you'd never come down. We've been waiting for you for almost 5 minutes."

"We?"

"Aww, did you forget about me?" Wind Spirit got up from the couch he had been previously sitting on.

"Oh! You're here!" I walked over and hugged him.

"Of course, you said 9 o'clock sharp." he hugged back. It was nice to have someone, even though we're technically not together, it was still nice.

"Let's get to work before y'all get distracted now," my Grams, Applejack, came out from the hallway. My Grams was old, a little weak in the knees, but she still came out with us to observe.

"Alright," I let go of Fire Spirit and walked to the door to hold it open. First came Lilac, then Fire Spirit, and last but certainly not least Grams.

"Thank you sweetheart." Grams smiled.

"Of course." I smiled back.

"You be careful with him, alright. I don't want y'all getting hurt because of him." Grams looked at me. She was talking about Fire Spirit.

"I'll be careful Grams, I promise."

"Alirghty," Grams started walking off to the orchards.

She was a fast walker for her age, I had to trot to catch up to her.

"It's apple-bucking day, I want you to go carry the buckets over." Grams sat down in her rocking chair that was over where we were working today.

"Ok Grams," I nuzzled her cheek quickly and trotted off for the buckets.

"Before I forget, make sure y'all use protection!" Grams yelled out to me, she wasn't afraid to speak her mind.

I blushed. "I know!" I yelled back. Truth be told, I wasn't. I told everyone I was on protection. I just don't want to have another thing to worry about. Besides, its not like we do it that often. The last time was about a week ago. Well, I guess that's pretty recent, but still, its not like we have sex every week. I understand why they want me on protection, I tend to move on and jump around too much. They're just worried I'll end up dumping this surprise foal off to the orphanage. To be honest though, I might. I just graduated high school, I highly doubt I'm ready for a child.

I found the buckets at the back of the shed and dragged one out. These are heavier than I remember. I pulled it out of the way and went back for another one. A sudden nauseous feeling came over me and I laid down. I felt a little better, so I got back up and dragged another bucket out. The feeling came over me again, though this time it was actual vomit that came up.

Lilac trotted over for a bucket. "Hey, are you ok Rose?"

"Yeah, I think I'm fine," I got back up with shaky legs.

"You don't look so good, I think you should go lay over with Grams." Lilac always looked out for me, even when I said I did not need help.

"Alright, fine." I wrapped my wing around her side so I wouldn't fall over. We slowly walked back over the Grams, who was confused at the sight of us.

"What's wrong? She didn't break somethin' right?" Grams got out of her chair. This commotion made Mother, and Fire Spirit come over.

"No, she didn't break anything Grams. She just got sick, so I brought her over here," Lilac explained, helping me lay down on the grass.

"I'll go get Harmony to help her, y'all can go back to work," Grams started walking to the house.

"Alright, let's get this party moving again!" Mother yelled out and trotted over to the shed with Lilac.

"You sure you're alright?" Fire Spirit asked me.

"Yeah, it may have been just something I ate, no big deal," I smiled up at him.

"Ok, I was really hoping that we'd buck apples together, but that's probably not gunna happen today."

"Its fine, we have all week to do that."

"Alright," he bent over and kissed me on my forehead. "Get better soon." he trotted off.

I waited a minute or two until Mama trotted out worried. Grams walked out behind her back to her chair.

"Are you ok Sweetie?" Mama asked looking me up and down.

"Yes, I'm fine. I just got a little sick," I reassured her. She's always been very overprotective of me and Lilac.

"Let's get you inside," she helped me up and half carried me onto the couch. "Do you need anything? Food, water?"

"I'm fine Mama, really. I feel better already."

"Well, you should stay inside for at least an hour or two, and then maybe you can go back to help."

"Alright Mama." I sighed.

Author's Note:

Hey! For a little context Mother is Apple Pie, and Mama is Harmony. I just wanted to make that clear.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment