• Published 8th Dec 2020
  • 206 Views, 0 Comments

The Lorekeeper’s Tome - Bravery



Come take a seat and listen to a tale from The Lorekeeper

  • ...
 0
 206

Alicorn Amulet

Oh, that old trinket? What a tale to tell! The alicorn amulet is a powerful trinket, composed of red jewels and black metal. It grants the wearer powerful magic, with the consequence of losing their morality and being corrupted. I heard that Princess Twilight, our lovely princess, back when she was just a unicorn, she had to face against another unicorn named Trixie, who had the amulet on. Trixie had outclassed her in every way, and Twilight could only barely beat Trixie by outsmarting her through illusions and friendship. It was checkmate, and Twilight was able to get the amulet off of her.

So where did the amulet come from, and where is it now? Well, I got a tale for you.

"Once upon a time, a great wizard (not Starswirl the Bearded) saw the royal sisters and studied them from afar. He observed how they were able to move the heavenly bodies with ease, unlike the unicorns that had to struggle and drain their magic just to raise the sun every morning, but here, these sisters, these young girls, they were able to move them with ease. The wizard wanted that power.

"The wizard, whose name was lost to time, started to build an amulet. One that can grant him the power of an alicorn. He began to go mad when going deeper into his work. Nothing was powerful enough for him. So, he turned his gaze north, towards the incredible city-state of The Crystal Empire. There he learned the magic of crystals and how some could grant him unimaginable power.

"After much blood sweat and tears, his amulet was complete, but at what cost? The wizard lost his life to the powerful amulet, the madness drove him to dark magic, and his soul was absorbed by the amulet. To this day, users of the amulet can still hear the voice of the wizard whispering in their minds.”

So, where is it now? It is right there, in my possession. When Princess Twilight took the throne, she entrusted me to keep it safe. What an honor. Although the whispers at night are annoying from time to time.

That’s all for this chapter. I hope you enjoyed my tale. Would you like to listen to another?

Return to the Library

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment