• Published 30th Nov 2020
  • 159 Views, 12 Comments

Fragments - Lore



"Time is my enemy, Space is my foe, I am both, near to neither, let's try again. These are my memories. When you've read them, read them again." A story of a soul lost in time and space.

  • ...
 12
 159

100

______________________________.:([ - 100 - ]):.______________________________

The air shrieked and light flared! All around me there is nothing but a cold light that cuts through my eyes and deeply into my soul. I scream, yet I hear nothing of it, only the wailing torture of the air around me. I feel nothing but pain, coursing, pulsing through me. Agony and plight.


Yet despite all the pain a thought forms: Something went wrong! Fix it! For your friends. So in defiance of pain and death; I sang.


Everything stops.

Comments ( 6 )

So, is this the tragedy?

10558147
If you are confused by the story, don't worry, you're supposed to be. As for your questions let me address them in the order you commented:

#97: No, Celestia and Luna are in the same time frame/space, however, Fate (aka Fausticorn) is in another time frame/space which he is also in while being with Celestia and Luna also at a different time experienced at the same time. They then communicate with each other via him.

#55: Laurence is a ponification of Lawrence of arabia.

#1: It wouldn't be a mystery if I told you now would it? That said, I'll say that the protag was experimenting with time at some point in his subjective past, with disastrous consequences to himself.

#99: The protag exists simultaneously at several points in time/space and experience these simultaneously and non-linearly. This coupled with his inability to recognize this (his own brand of madness) results in him having a conversation with multiple people of which only he can see them all.

#100: The tragedy is implied to be that he is doomed to repeat his story over and over. But if you look closely at #0 and #100 you'll see a subtle difference and with it a sliver of hope for the protag to escape his entrapment in time.

Aah, the perfect, inescapable time loop. :trollestia:

One question still stands: what happened before the first iteration? :duck:


Edit: Nevermind, you've already answered in the comments section.

Also, I must commend you on making a story built on the whole "lost in time and space" concept. I really liked how you'd done it.

10560537
Thank you, I'm glad you like it! To be honest I was half convinced I'd made the narration too obtuse for people to properly read. Very happy to hear it tickled your fancy!

10563251
In my opinion, the narration itself is what serves the story right. Its ambiguity is what gives the story its flair — only giving clues and not outright telling what's happening. It is true that not too many people can get their heads around this style of exposition, but those who are able, endorse it and treasure it — myself included. :twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment