• Published 13th Nov 2020
  • 233 Views, 0 Comments

Luna Reunited - Theaterman

  • ...
 0
 233

When Three Became One

Author's Note:

Hello everypony. just in case it isn't clear i have given Star Swirl the Bearded a Scottish accent. Why? because i think its fun and it helps to show this is defiantly an AU. Also its fun.

I hope you enjoy my story

Chapter 1: When Three Became One

To most ponies it was a day of celebration, for it is the day that Dawn Breaker, and Discord were defeated. Unfortunately for Princess Luna, the sole ruler of Equestria, it is a reminder of the worst day of her long life. For you see it was on this day one thousand years ago she lost her beloved twin elder siblings, Astrum prince of the stars and Celestia princess of the sun.

*****

During the battle Prince Astrum, as the eldest of the three siblings and de facto leader, ordered Princess Luna and their teacher Star Swirl the Bearded to fall back to safety. Luna protested this of course saying “Nay brother we must fight her together, the three of us, it is the only way.”

“No dear sister I know what I ma doing and if this doesn’t work the people of Equestria need you to lead them.” The prince replied.

“I don’t want to do this without you brother…I can’t do this without you” Luna cried out

“Hopefully you want have to dear sister.” The prince almost whispered but Luna still heard him. Then the Prince and the old wizard Star Swirl exchanged looks and both nodded to each other as they came to a silent decision. It was then that Luna felt Star Swirls magic wrap around her barrel, lift her off the ground and start to carry her off away from the battle field. At this unexpected sensation she started to struggle to get free screaming at her brother “No! brother please don’t do this! I can help…please!” as tears roll down the dark blue fur of her cheeks.

As Star Swirl carried her away, he said “Calm doon lassie, he’s daein’ this tae protect ye. Dinnae mak’ this harder oan him than it awready is.” As he said this Luna saw a tear roll down the old grey wizards’ cheek.

It was then that the thing the both dreaded most happened. They both saw a blinding light and with it the world went silent. In the confusion caused by the blinding light Star Swirl let go of Luna. After they both regained the use of their eyes, they ran back to the battle field and confirmed what they both new to be true. Where the battle had been was now nothing more than an empty crater.

The crater was a little over six meters wide by three meters deep, and the surface almost had a glassy appearance to it. Where Astrum had previously stood was a circle of shiny things, but Luna didn’t care about that right now. She galloped over to where her brother had stood and wept.

As she wept, she felt Star Swirl walk up beside her and place a gentle and reassuring hoof on her shoulder but said nothing. He just let her cry, not just for the loss of her brother but her sister too. After she had cried all the tears her eyes could produce, only then did the old wizard speak.

“A’m sae sorry princess. Ah wish ah didnae hae tae gie this tae ye, but afore th’ battle gave me this letter.” With this he produced from his robes a letter that indeed bore the official seal of the prince, a replica of his cutie mark pressed into wax. He then continued “He said tae gie it to ye if th’ wirst shuld come tae pass.” The old wizard remained silent for a moment but after a moment said “Ah wull gie ye a moment o’ privacy lassie.” With that he walked a couple meters away to let the princess read the letter in peace.

*****

It is that very letter that Princess Luna now holds in her magic, and reads every anniversary of that day.

My Dear Luna,

If you are reading this, it means my plan worked

just not as well as I wanted. It also means our

teacher actually did as I asked for once.

This always made Luna laugh, remembering all the arguments they would get into. Of course, they would always embrace and have a good laugh afterwards. If Luna concentrated hard enough, she could still hear the deep base of both the stallion’s laughter. If it was a really good laugh her brother would make a very undignified snort, thus causing everyone in the area to laugh, even the castle staff. Not that Astrum cared, he knew he had everyone’s respect so it didn’t matter to him if they laughed with him.

I’m sorry dear sister, now is not the time for jokes

and I know that. The hour of our battle draws

near and I need to tell you what my plan was.

My plan is that if we, that is you Star Swirl and

myself, can’t defeat our fallen sister and that

monster that took her from us, then Star Swirl

and I have decided that I will have him take you

to safety and I will attempt to use the Elements

of Harmony to defeat them. Now I know that

they have never been used by a lone pony before,

but Star Swirl and I believe it will work. Our hope

is that the Elements will remove the evil influence

from Celestia, and either destroy or imprison Discord.

Now Star Swirl made sure I knew that there was a risk.

A risk that in the process I might over exert myself

and…well let us just say it wouldn’t be good. With

that risk Star Swirl and I decided that he should perform

a spell on me that would send me to the stars if the

worst should happen. While there my power would come

back slowly, we estimate one thousand years. I am not excited

about it either sister, but it is the best we could come

up with on such short notice. It is very unlikely that will

be necessary, but if it is, I decided to write you this letter.

As soon as I am finished here, I will give Star Swirl this letter

and we will be off to the battle field. I hope I get to see you

and Celestia when this is all over.

Your Loving Brother,

Astrum

After reading it for what feels like the millionth time, Luna folds the old and quite faded letter and puts it in her saddle bag. After she finished putting the letter away she heard a sound at the door.

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK

“You may enter” Luna responded.

As the door slowly opened Luna turned to see who it was. When she saw it was Twilight Sparkle, she relaxed her shoulders. She didn’t even realize she had tensed up. ‘wow I need a vacation’ she thought.

“Are you ready princess? It’s almost time to start” Twilight asked

“Yes Twilight, thank you” Luna replied rather sadder than her friend and student had expected.

“You must be excited for the one thousandth Unity of the Three siblings Ceremony.” Twilight said with a small smile

“Excited isn’t exact… wait what number did you say?” Luna asked excitedly

Twilight smiled to herself and said “One Thousandth, your majesty”

At this Luna busted into the largest smile Twilight had ever seen her wear, and started jumping around like a school filly. Giggling all the while. After regaining her composure, witch only took a few minutes thank you very much, Luna said “Thank you Twilight, thank you for reminding me what year it was.” Luna said as hugged her student.

“I am glad I could help” Twilight responded with a giggle. “Now let’s get you up on that stage so you can do your royal thing”

“Yes let’s” Luna laughed

Before she steps out onto the stage to perform the “The Unity of The Three Siblings Ceremony” Luna took a deep breath to calm herself. For this ceremony she raises the sun while leaving the moon and stars in the sky. Yes, this is as difficult as it sounds. It always leaves her in a weakened state. luckily Luna’s most faithful and trusted student Twilight Sparkle has accompanied her. In the last few years twilight has proved to be invaluable to Luna as a friend and confidante.

As Luna stepped out onto the stage, she looked out into the audience and smiled at all of her beloved subjects. She smiled at everypony as her horn began to glow with the magic required to perform this ceremony. As the celestial bodies aligned, she exclaimed “MY LITTLE PONIES! TO DAY WE CELEBRATE THE DEFEAT OF A GREAT EVIL, BUT NOT ONLY THAT. TODAY WE CELEBRATE THE UNITY OF MYSELF AND MY TWO SIBLINGS AS WELL AS THE UNITY BETWEEN ALL OF YOU.” She pauses as they cheer, then continues “FOR TOGETHER WE AS EQUESTRIANS CAN ACOMPLISH ANYTHING. NOW… LET US… CELBRATE” as she says celebrate everything finally came together and the crowd cheered loudly. After a few moments Luna reignited her horn and lowered the sun to start the day, and with her ponies would disperse and celebrate with parties and fun.

After Luna walked off stage she met up with Twilight and her number one assistant Spike the dragon. Upon seeing them Luna smiled and said “I think that went well”.

The other two chuckled and Spike said “It certainly seemed to go well.”

“Oh, I wanted to ask where you were earlier Spike? You weren’t with Twilight before I went on stage.” Luna asked.

“Oh, he was with Rarity” Twilight teased. Spike blushed so hard Luna thought she saw heat waves coming off of him.

She asked “Who is Rarity? Is she your special somepony Spike?”

“Not you too Princess” Spike moaned.

Luna laughed “I’m sorry Spike, I couldn’t resist. But really who is Rarity?”

“She Is one of the friends I made when you sent me here to oversee the preparations for today.” Twilight said with a smile.

“I look forward to meeting your friends soon” Luna said with a kind smile

“you can today if you want, Pinkie Pie is throwing a party, its kind of her thing, to celebrate.” Twilight offered.

“Thank you, Twilight, but I wouldn’t want to intrude on your friends party.” Luna replied.

Then all of a sudden, a very excited pink pony appeared next to Twilight and said “It’s okay your highness you wouldn’t be intruding, because this is an official invitation”

Lunas eyes went wide with shock, but she recovered quickly. “You must be Pinkie Pie?” The pink pony nods her head harder than should be possible. “Well then I guess I have a party to go too, Hahaha” Luna laughs.

“Yeah!!! This party is going to be Superific, It will be at the Golden Oaks Library as soon as we’re done here” Pinkie exclaimed excitedly. Then just as quickly as she appeared, she vanished.

Luna turned to Twilight and Spike and asked “Is that normal for her?”

Spike chuckles and says “Yeah that’s Pinkie Pie for you.”

*****

At the party

Luna walked up to the large tree in the middle of Ponyville, and knocked on the door.

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK

As she waited at the door, Luna heard a very excited squeal that must have belonged to Pinkie Pie.

“Pinkie calm down darling” said a voice Luna didn’t recognize.

As this was being said a familiar purple unicorn opened the door.

“Welcome Princess Luna, please come in and make yourself at home”

“Thank you, Twilight,” Luna said.

As she walked in Luna looked at all the guests, there were eight including the princess. Luna saw Pinkie, Twilight and Spike. Spike was staring hart eyes at a white unicorn that must be Rarity. There was also two pegasi and another earth pony that Luna didn’t recognize. Twilight walked up to the princess and asked “would you like me to introduce everyone?”

“That would be lovely” Luna replied

The walked up to the two pegasi and Twilight introduced them “Princess this is Fluttershy” she pointed to the pale yellow one “and this is Rainbow Dash” she indicated the blue one with rainbow hair.

“It is a pleasure to meet you both” Luna said with a slight bow of her head.

“I am very pleased to meet you, Princess Luna” Fluttershy said so softly that Luna almost didn’t hear her.

“It is super awesome to meet you your majesty” Rainbow said, and both of them bowed.

Luna leaned over to Twilight and asked “Is Fluttershy always so soft spoken?”

“She is but she opens up when she gets to know you.” Twilight whispered

Next, they went over to the earth pony Luna didn’t recognize, who was now talking to Spike and Rarity.

“This is Applejack” Twilight said indicating the earthpony “Her Family owns Sweet Apple Acres, and this” she indicated the white unicorn” is”

“Rarity” Luna interrupted, much to the surprise of everyone there. “So sorry, its just that Spik described you so well that I knew you on sight. So sorry to steel your thunder Twilight” As Luna said this she looked over at the unicorn and dragon, neither were looking at each other and both were blushing hard. Luna chuckled to herself.

“It’s alright princess” Twilight said with a small smile on her face because she too saw their expressions.

“It’s a pleasure to meet both of you” Luna says with another slight bow.

“Likewise princess” Says Applejack with a distinctive country twang. “an please call me AJ”

“I am honored to meet you” Rarity says after a quick elbow from AJ to snap her back to reality.

Last but certainly not least the walk over to Pinkie who is standing by the refreshment table eyeing everything hungrily. “you already know Pinkie Pie” Twilight says with a chuckle,

“Yes, and thank you Ms. Pie for inviting me.”

“Awww shucks, anything for the princess” Pinkie says with a big grin. “Can I get you two anything while you’re here?”

“Sure two apple ciders pleas” Twilight says.

“Okie dokie loki” Pinkie says before handing them both an apple cider.

As Luna is getting ready to take of the delicious smelling cider, there is a knock at the door, and a rather forceful one at that.

KNOCK! KNOCK! KNOCK!

Twilight looks confused and says, to no one in particular “I wonder who that could be?” She then goes to answer, and when she opens it she sees a face she definitely didn’t expect to see. “Shiny!!” she squeals “what are you doing here?”

“Hey Twiliy, sorry to barge in but I need to speak to the princess” he answers.

“Captain Shining Armor? What is it?” Luna asks concerned

“Well Ma’am, I just received a report that I think you will want to hear” the Captain whispered. Of course, it did little good since the entire party was now right by the door.

“Alright Captain, I’m listening” Luna replies, indicating it is okay for him to say this in front of the others.

“A report came in from the crater, two never before seen form have been spotted there.” The Captain said

“Do we know if one male and the other female Captain?” Luna asked

“We de ma’am. One is Male and the other is female”

“Are You certain, Shiny?” Twilight asked, seeing the tears starting to form in the princess’s eyes.

“100%” he replied

“Alright Captain lead your sister and her friends there; I need to see this for myself” Luna says as her horn lights up getting ready to teleport her back to that crater.

“Yes Ma’am, right away” Shining Armor says with a salute as the princess teleports away.

*****

In an instant Luna is standing at the edge of the crater. ‘Alright calm down Luna you can do this’ she says to herself. After taking a calming breath, Luna trots over to the body that must be her brothers. As she draws closer she can see him moving slightly, this calls her to speed up. In no time she was there, she could hear him moaning slightly, like one does when thy wake up in the mornig.

She leans down and nuzzles his neck and Whispers “Welcome home Dear brother”

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment