• Published 12th Nov 2020
  • 4,709 Views, 738 Comments

Mark My Words - Goldfur



Prince Mark Wells may now be an alicorn and the coruler of Equestria along with Twilight Sparkle and his wife, Trixie Lulamoon, but that doesn't mean that his life has gotten boring. Something always comes up, whether he wants it or not!

  • ...
33
 738
 4,709

It Takes Six (prologue)

I was looking forward to this evening’s Ogres & Oubliettes session. Not because of the game itself but because it was the first opportunity I’d had to chat with Big Mac for a while. Annoyingly, the stallion had not arrived yet, although he was not late. Even Rainbow Dash was early and I chafed at having to wait.

At last, the farm pony arrived and everyone greeted him.

“Evening all,” Mac replied as he took a seat at the table where Spike had set out snacks and drinks for their pre-game refreshment. “Had a mite bit o’ trouble with the plow this afternoon. Slowed me down a smidgin.”

“Be glad that’s all you needed to worry about, Mac,” I said.

Big Mac raised an eyebrow. “Why would you say that, Mark?”

“It has to do with one of the latest universes that we checked out.”

“Oh? Some sort of trouble you needed to help out with?”

I shook my head while smirking. “Far from it. Let me put it this way – the return of Nightmare Moon went a whole lot differently there.”

“Oh boy!” Spike exclaimed. “This sounds like a good one.”

Discord frowned and said, “Well, it’s just going to have to wait. I’ve got the game set up and ready to go.” He snapped his claws and we were all bedecked with our O&O outfits.

I sighed. It looked like I would have to wait a few more hours before I got to relate the tale that I had been dying to tell. Spirits of Chaos were not to be denied their favorite game.

# # # # # # # # #

Mark and the players might have to wait, but you don’t.
This tale is continued in the new story –It Takes Six”.