• Published 29th Oct 2020
  • 315 Views, 27 Comments

Fluttercheer's "Everypony is important." Flashfic Anthology - Fluttercheer



A simple submission for all of my Flashfic 150 entries, after I could finally join the competitions this year. The stories have at most 150 words and are about any genre and any ponies/creatures. The titles give an idea of the stories' plot.

  • ...
3
 27
 315

PreviousChapters Next
May 2023: Ponyville's First Witches' Night (Prompt: carousel)

.

Rarity looked at the little fillies who had gathered in front of her, slightly aghast. She had hoped for a success of her new offering, but by long and far, never would she have reckoned with a large attendance as this. Half of all the fillies in Ponyville must have come tonight, she felt.

There they stood, grouped together inside Carousel Boutique, and all of them wore the black witch dresses, including a magnifique witch's hat, that Rarity had tailored for them. The make-up would come later, but some of them already practiced themselves in flashing wicked, vile witch smiles, with a hint of deception. Hopefully, this wouldn't mean she gets cooked tonight, Rarity found herself with a weird thought, but one that came completely naturally, for a moment.

Witches' Night was new in Equestria, a holiday invented to satisfy the increasing demand for another spooky tradition to pass the time until Nightmare Night, and Rarity had used the chance to hop onto the new trend. She hadn't been exactly sure if it would catch on..... but this sight was proof she had made the right decision. And the dresses were perfection, Rarity praised herself while looking them over. Long enough to be accurate to the depictions in the old witch books, but short enough not to become a hazard once the fillies would dance around the bonfire. Some of the more daring ones among them, like Tornado Bolt, in whose eyes she could already read the dangerous intent, would even jump over the fire.

Her witch dresses were beautiful, practical and safe. They would do their part in Ponyville's first Witches' Night. Rarity felt a sense of pride.
.

Author's Note:

This flashfic is above the wordcount because I deliberately participated out of competition in the flashfic contest of this month.

PreviousChapters Next