• Published 29th Oct 2020
  • 315 Views, 27 Comments

Fluttercheer's "Everypony is important." Flashfic Anthology - Fluttercheer



A simple submission for all of my Flashfic 150 entries, after I could finally join the competitions this year. The stories have at most 150 words and are about any genre and any ponies/creatures. The titles give an idea of the stories' plot.

  • ...
3
 27
 315

PreviousChapters Next
January 2023: The Second Arrow (Prompt: Second Chances)

.

The first arrow had missed its mark. The second arrow was in the quiver. And it was the last arrow.

Looming in front of Archer Bodkin was the fleshy abomination she was fighting against, a cave troll of the wildest, wickedest and most ruthless sort. In his clawed hands was the filly she cared about the most, little Noi, wearing a pink princess dress. Why did that beast have to attack on Nightmare Night? Archer was glad that she chose real arrows for her costume, not the fake plastic arrows from the toy store. But of concern was that she had taken only two with her. There wouldn't be a fight happening tonight, she had said.

With clenched teeth, eyes focused on the target, Archer put the last arrow on the string. And aimed for the head. This one had to strike home. For her.
.

Author's Note:

I have returned to the flashfic contests last month! In 2021 and 2022 I was very busy with my major writing projects, and also, a few other important things came up last year.
But 2023 is the year of things coming together, so I will write a flashfic in every month again now!

If you are wondering who Archer Bodkin is, read this blog entry, it will tell you everything you need to know about her:

https://www.fimfiction.net/blog/937172/lets-talk-a-little-about-pony-identities-archer-bodkin-the-background-filly-who-disappeared

And for Noi, I hope you know who Noi is, especially if you read certain past writing of mine. :ajsmug:

PreviousChapters Next