• Published 29th Oct 2020
  • 294 Views, 25 Comments

Fluttercheer's "Everypony is important." Flashfic Anthology - Fluttercheer



A simple submission for all of my Flashfic 150 entries, after I could finally join the competitions this year. The stories have at most 150 words and are about any genre and any ponies/creatures. The titles give an idea of the stories' plot.

  • ...
3
 25
 294

PreviousChapters Next
April 2020: Let it fall, let it fall. (Prompt: So Long and Goodnight)

.

The yellow filly, sitting on the roof of her house, looked at the sky. It wasn't the real sky, but that didn't matter. The stars and the sun weren't real, either, just glowing machines constructed by Sombra Corporation. Which also didn't matter. Nothing mattered anymore. Because the stars, the sun and the sky, they all came falling down on them.

And maybe that was for the best. They were poor, starving throughout the year and freezing in Winter. There was no perspective, nor hope. She did not mourn her fate.

“Let it fall, let it fall, we are small, so let it fall,” the filly sang quietly.

And in the last few seconds, as the plate was close to end the pain, she looked at the crying ponies below her. Their faces were so different than hers.

Her heart stung only for a moment. “So Long and Goodnight, Sector 7.”

PreviousChapters Next