• Published 29th Oct 2020
  • 315 Views, 27 Comments

Fluttercheer's "Everypony is important." Flashfic Anthology - Fluttercheer



A simple submission for all of my Flashfic 150 entries, after I could finally join the competitions this year. The stories have at most 150 words and are about any genre and any ponies/creatures. The titles give an idea of the stories' plot.

  • ...
3
 27
 315

PreviousChapters Next
February 2023: The Death of Love (Prompt: Love, Ambushed By)

.

Sweetie Belle looked at the crowd of ponies, regret and pain flashing through her soul and her heart. Her mind was bitter, her face tarnished with grief where there was normally the youthful, cute happiness that everypony, and especially her fellow adventurers, cherished. She moved her eyes over the crowd, taking in all the details of the terrible scene that took place in front of her, as if she were searching for one thing that would lift her heavy heart, but truth be told, she did not really have hope to find such. These ponies were fighting, they were trapped in their discontent and resentment for each other; if it was hatred and damnation as well, Sweetie Belle could not say, but in her heart, she feared the worst.

"There is no love here anymore." She turned around at her escort and her eyes filled with tears. "Love is the first thing that dies when life itself is dying." She sniffed, a short requiem for a world that was about to fall.

"Why did you do it? Why did you have to?" Questions asked that had been asked before and yet there was no answer. Only guilty faces that looked back at her.
.

Author's Note:

This flashfic has 203 words and is therefore over the limit, but I liked what I wrote here way too much to remove anything, so I participated outside of the competition this month.
It is also a sequel to my flashfic from November 2020, it shows an event that unfolded after the Tree of Life got killed.

PreviousChapters Next