• Published 13th Aug 2020
  • 313 Views, 3 Comments

Saddle Arabian Nights: The Mysterious Lamp - MoonStar GalaxyChaser



One Lamp To Rule Them All

  • ...
 3
 313

Prologue: The Mysterious Lamp

In the vast land beyond the borders of Equestria, there lived a region where stories are heard, but none were so bold to enter at their own risk. A land that many have perished from the hot sands and the rumors of thieves and snakes are alive…

Saddle Arabia.

This is the world where mares belly dance for bits and stallions hunt and steal for treasure for trades and wealth galore. Many rumors are to believe that it is the land where it is said that it is very barbaric and they cut off your ears and tongues, but that isn’t true. The merchants travel every day from city to city, town to town, only to increase their pockets with gold and hope to feed off themselves or family. Saddle Arabia has a flowing sea to the west called the Kab Kik River, and to the south lies the Alfursia Ocean.

The history of Saddle Arabia goes back eons before the foundings of the pony subspecies of Equestria and each pony living in that region were known to create their own numerical system and study the stars and moons above their heads through astronomy and science. Their belief in magic helps them achieve results none could ever achieve. The Arabian ponies believe that everyone is capable of wielding magic, not just unicorns alone. Each pony must believe in the magic in their hearts, hoping they can harness that energy and ensure their studies are not lost in vain and to time. Ensuring that their studies in astronomy and magic are preserved, they cast their writing in an ancient Arabian Pony Language that is forever written down in Papyrus paper and engraved with their policies and legacies.

The ponies of the sand believe that Silistia and Saylin are their goddesses and ensure that their protection is met every day and night. One major city to hold the pilgrimage to worship Silistia and Saylin is the holy city of Akhtan where all Saddle Arabian ponies bow and respect their deities and hoping their wishes and requests are met and serve them forevermore. Silistia and Saylin came before the birth of Celestia and Luna, but who is to say that these two deities might be one and the same...

~~~~~

In the merchant city of Misbah, MoonStar and her parents were checking out the city due to winning a lottery raffle in Canterlot one day. As Nebula Dusk and Terra Dawn were minding themselves, MoonStar happens to walk the streets alone and checking out the many wonderful decors and snacks the merchant travelers are offering. These merchants were calling out to MoonStar that their stands are going on a sale and are calling her a beautiful mare that if they buy from their stand, they will throw in a bag of apples at half price.

While MoonStar wants to get away from all these annoying merchants, she made a small turn in a small alley and looks back to see that nopony was following her. Once she was finally alone, she walks down the small alleyway, and along the way, she stumbles upon a mysterious wagon that instantly catches her attention. She was a bit puzzled that there was only a wagon in this alley, but she didn’t want to waste an opportunity like this.

She enters the small wagon and inside were so many mythical items and trinkets that she has never seen before. She gasps in awe and looks around the wagon for more, browsing time. She said, “Hello? Is anypony in here?”

Out of nowhere, a tiny gypsy pony appears before MoonStar and she screams in fear. Her amulet was slipped from her neck and he slowly picks her amulet up with ease. This gypsy is a stallion and slightly laughs at her fumble. He speaks in a raspy Saddle Arabian accent and said, “Welcome to my humble wagon of wonders. Here...I hold items and artifacts the world of Equus has never seen. From small gems to giant books, I got it all. Please, my dear friend. Take your time.”

MoonStar slowly gets up and takes back her amulet before he keeps it for himself as it is her deepest treasure of all. As she explores and checks the wagon, she notices that all these things are something that she wishes she can purchase altogether, but only has enough bits to buy one item. After searching long and hard, she sees nothing of value.

She said, “I am sorry, but there is nothing I see that catches my eye. I apologize for wasting your time, sire.”

The gypsy said, “No...No...You have done nothing wrong. Please, come back another day.”

The gypsy walks away and enters the deep part of his wagon. As MoonStar was getting ready to leave the wagon, a shiny glare shine in her eyes and it happens to be...a lamp. She didn’t take her eyes away from it and grabs it carefully. She inspects the lamp and was truly engaged by it.

A raspy voice appears behind her and said, “The lamp of the magic genie.”

MoonStar heard the voice and she instantly jumps away from it, tosses the lamp up in the air, and landed herself on top a stack of boxes. The old gypsy grabs the lamp and looks to MoonStar with ease.

She was a bit flutter and angry and said, “DON’T DO THAT! I nearly had a heart attack! Anyway, what is this?”

The gypsy looks to the lamp and said, “This...is no ordinary lamp. This was once a lamp that belongs to a genie mare that tells the story of a thief stallion, a belly dancing mare, and a villainous stallion who had ambitions and a desire to rule the world. Perhaps, you would be interested in hearing the story?”

MoonStar looked at the lamp again and silently nodded yes to the gypsy’s request.

The gypsy said, “I will give you the lamp for free; I never have done this before, but you...you once remind me of...her. Now...the story begins on a hot sunny afternoon, in the city of... Mawja...” He takes the lamp and pours it down to his old and wrinkly hooves; magic sand appears before MoonStar’s eyes and the old gypsy blows the magic dust around them, showing nothing but a long and endless desert…

TO BE CONTINUED...

Comments ( 3 )

Shouldn't MoonStar be two words?

10383778
That's how her name is spell out.

Login or register to comment