• Published 26th Apr 2020
  • 5,527 Views, 85 Comments

The Ponyville Nursery Chronicles - Foal Star



A anthology of stories about many ponies and their experinces in a nursery run by robotic nannies.

  • ...
40
 85
 5,527

Chapter seven: Fluttershy's Playtime

It was now about midday at the Ponyville Nursery, and the Robot Nannies had gathered all the ponies in a giant playroom. It was filled with all kinds of plastic slides, a ball pit. There was an enormous T.V screen overhead with the head nanny's face overlooking everypony and their two robot nannies placed at each exit to make sure there were no more escape attempts for the day. Twilight and Pinkie pie were both in a "special playpen" monitored by a robot nanny, both playing with blocks and talking about how they escaped.

Fluttershy was in the corner of the room as she listened to the faint crinkles of her padding as she sat down with a happy sigh. Wrapped around her form was a fuzzy brown bunny onesie with a matching hood. Big floppy ears covered up her own, keeping them all warm. Around her were other dress up ponies, the whole playroom being nature themed. Despite the rough treatment when she was first brought into the nursery, the nanny bots had been nothing but kind and gentle to her caring for her every need. Even if that meant the embarrassing times, she needed a diaper change. On the plus side, it did help her understand what those baby animals would feel when she'd care for them. A smile formed on her face as she lightly squeezed on the carrot squeak toy she found. There were no worries at all despite the fact it was forced on her.

But Fluttershy felt sort of conflicted about it all. She was staring around at a few others around many being a bit fussy while others were having fun just like her. She'd heard that Twilight had been causing issues to try and escape. She, however, felt somewhat safe, almost like she didn't want to leave. "This is nice," she muttered, giving her stuffed bunny another squeak.

One of the nannies walked over and reached down to pat the diaper bulge on the mare. After a bit of prodding, the robot smiled. "Aww, still dry good filly," she cooed nuzzling Fluttershy. The mare laughed at the feeling as the nanny cooed. "Does the little bunny want anything else to play with?"

Fluttershy shifted about and let out another happy giggle. "I wanna bunny!" she cheered, any worries melting away.

"Alrighty, little one, I'll go get you a friend." The nanny patted the foal's head before heading along to get it.

As Fluttershy waited, she glanced around for any of her friends being happy when she saw Rarity and Shining Armor. She waddled her way over and cooed. "Hello, Rarity, Shining."

"Oh, hello Fluttershy," Shining replied, his body covered in a very poofy sheep costume. It was so poofy that it hid his padding beneath it.

"Hello Darling," Rarity said, wearing a white cat onesie with paw mittens. "How are you holding up?"

Fluttershy squeaks her toy. "I'm good," she paused as she shuffled some looking away for a second.

"Something wrong, Fluttershy?" Rarity asked with a confused look on his face.

Fluttershy rubbed her hooves together. "W-well it just that I um...I don't want to leave." she squeaked.

Rarity gasped, giving her a look of surprise while Shining rolled his eyes. Rarity got up and scoffed, "But Fluttershy darling, we're being treated like foals against our will. It's simply degrading." Rarity whined, putting a hoof to her forehead.

"B-but they are just nice and caring," Fluttershy argued. As she thought of how to explain, the nanny bot returned, setting the white rabbit plush into her hooves and patting her head. "T-thank you."

Shining Armor was also a bit peeved at Fluttershy and snapped. "Seriously, can't you understand that most of us don't want to be treated like foals?"

The butter-yellow pegasus hugged the plush close. "W-well, maybe if you gave it another day, you'd like it?' Fluttershy snuggled her plush close to her chest as she squeaked meekly. "The world is often so scary, but here there isn't a worry here." After seeing Rarity huffed, she whimpered. "I" m sorry," she squeaks.

A nanny quickly came over, sensing the distress. "Oh dear, Rarity, why did you go and make her upset." she scolded Rarity.

"Oh, please, I didn't do anything! We were just talking!" The mare snapped back at the nanny who was about to send the pampered unicorn to timeout. Then out of nowhere, Cheerilee waddled over and squealed, "oh, Rarity! Shining Fluttershy! You two would be perfect for a little play I thought up...though you'll have to do without scripts."

Fluttershy looked excited as she squealed, "yay! I would love to be in a play!"

"Well, it can't be as bad as playing with blocks or plushies." Shining gave a deep sigh getting up and waddling over to the mares.

Rarity was less than enthusiastic about this and scoffed, "Cheerilee darling, I rather not be in one of your childish plays."

The robot nanny glared at Rarity. "That's enough, young lady! For punishment for your rude behavior, you'll help Cheerilee with this play or get a timeout and an early naptime!"

"F...fine!" Rarity shouted, waddling over grumbling to herself as Cheerilee clopped her hooves together. "Alright! I want to do a play of "Shiny and Cady defeating the evil Sombra!"

Shining giggled, "that actually sounds like fun! I get to play myself, right?"

"Of course!" Cheerilee exclaimed, "unless you want to be Cady," she added jokingly.

Rarity placed a hoof to her chest. "I should play Cady, darling! I am the most princess-like, after all!"

Cheerilee blushed as she replied, "actually, I'll play Cady...since Twilight can't play with us, I was hoping you would play as her seeing that you're a unicorn and my coat is pink."

Rarity shrugged kind of annoyed but wasn't too angry at the decision. "She's a princess, too; I don't mind."

Cheerilee was getting more excited as she bounced on her padded bottom and squealed, "Wonderful! Fluttershy! I want you to play as the crystal heart!"

"Oh...ok…" Fluttershy blushed wondering how that would work?

Rarity turned to see that Spike and Derpy were near a makeshift stage already discussing things about the play. Spike himself looked rather adorable in a quite sizable diaper between his legs with little "ABCs" printed in primary colors all over his padding. He had a gem pacifier wrapped around his neck and a bright blue baby bonnet tied around his head.

Derpy giggled, "so you are with the actual foals," she snickered behind her hoof.

"Yeah! They think I'm a baby! You have no idea how relieved I am in talking with ponies who don't just babble, cry, and use their diapers." Spike sighed, seeing he was quite annoyed in his predicament. "It was hard enough to get to come here."

Cheerilee waddled over and exclaimed, "alright, let's get you in your costumes, then we can start the play!"

Rarity was quite surprised and exclaimed, "wait! We're going to start the play without rehearsing!"

"We don't have time! We only get an hour before naptime!" Cheerilee shouted as she put on a cute frilly pink princess dress over herself.

"Oh, so we're just playing pretend," Derpy clapped her hooves as Cheerilee strapped a curved horn on her head and dressed her in a frilly black dress.

Fluttershy wore a pink onesie with a crystal heart stitched in the middle of the outfit while Spike took out a knight costume and dressed himself with a foam helmet and Armor over his bulky diaper. Shining Armor found a bright red prince style onesie with gold seems threaded in the middle and gold shoulder pads and had to ask a robot nanny to help him get dressed in it. Rarity was a bit unsure of what to dress in and dug around in a chest full of silly outfits. She took out a fairy costume before dressing herself in a silvery tutu with sequins embedded in the frills, some fairy wings tied around her waist, and a plastic tiara on her head. "There! That'll have to do!"

Twilight looked overseeing Rarity's costume and got a little pouty as she shouted, "Hey, I'm not a fairy! Wear a wizard's hat or something!"

"Sorry, darling, but you're also a princess, and this outfit works best to represent you!" Rarity nagged back as she twirled about like a little filly showing off her cute outfit.

"I wasn't a princess when we stopped Sombra so ha! Your costume is all wrong!" Twilight snapped back mockingly.

Rarity scoffed, "I am not changing my costume! Next time if you want to do this stupid play, you can pick your costume!"

"Oh yeah! If I play as you, then you're gonna regret it!"

"Girls! Stop fighting! Now Rarity, come along; we have a show to perform!" Cheerilee shouted, grabbing Rarity by the hoof over to the back of the stage. Soon everypony in the nursery was sitting before the stage, and Cheerilee came forth on the scene. "Alright, fillies and gentle colts settle down as we tell how four brave ponies stopped an evil tyrant!"

Soon the curtains opened, and somehow for fake snow foal powder was being shaken down from one of the robot nannies onto the stage. Rarity waddled out with an embarrassed look on her face seeing everypony giggling at her fairy costume. She sneezed a bit as some of the foal powder went up to her nose, making more ponies giggle. The mare paused, cleared her throat as she started to do her best Twilight impression. "oh um...I am in the middle of the frozen north looking for my brother! Where can he be!? If I can't find him, I will fail a test, and Celestia would be so mad at me!"

"Oh, that's me!" Shining waddled out proudly in his prince outfit, shaking his padded rump. "I am the great Shining Armor and the hero of the story! And I'll tell it as it happens!"

"Uh, nuh-uh! I am Spike. The glorious is the true hero!" Spike shouted, waddling out in his knight outfit, sticking his arms out, trying to keep his balance, causing the audience and daww.

"Nuh, uh! You just grabbed the crystal heart Cady, and I defeated Sombra ourselves!" Shining snapped back.

"You were out for most of the time! Twilight and I did most of the work!" Spike snapped back.

"Um, guys! You both are great heroes!" Cheerilee exclaimed, trotting out in her cute princess outfit. "Oh..right... I'm not here yet." she slunk back through the curtains as Rarity slammed a hoof to her face. "Alright! Let's just um...find the crystal empire and stop Sombra."

Shining and Spike stopped their bickering, but they both glared at each other as they then saw Derpy come down on strings she was wiggling her hooves as she had an overly spooky tone. "Oooh! I'm Sombra, and i'm here to...um...what was my line?"

Rarity rolled her eyes and whispered, "we don't have lines! Make something up or just chase us!"

"Oh...but...what should I say then?"

Shining, smirked and replied," say i'm the great padded Sombra! And I'm going to put you in diapers forever!"

"Oh, ok…" Derpy raised her hooves again. "Now i'm going to put you in diapers forever!"

Spike doubled over in laughter as Rarity gave an overly dramatic scream. "Oh no! Sombra is going to get us run!"

Rarity grabbed Shining and Spike, and they all waddled offstage into a padded poofy explosion, making everypony laugh out loud.

It took a few minutes, but eventually, the curtains pulled back as there were some terrible cardboard cutouts of painted houses covered in glitter trying to look like the crystal empire.

Cheerilee came waddling out with a hoof to her head, doing a swoon as she exclaimed, "Oh my! I'm using my magic to keep Sombra at bay, and I'm so weak!" A few ponies flickered flashlights on and off on the walls to activate the shield flickering.

Rarity seeing "Cheerilee's acting" getting all the attention from the other padded ponies, she committed to her role coming over and waddled out and shouted, "Oh, I have to find the heart or else I'll fail my test."

Shining got a bit of stage fright as he slowly waddled over to "Cadance" and turned directly to Spike as he acted. "Oh dear, I'll have to stay here and help my wife! To keep the crystal empire from being taken over!"

"Oh, that's hard! While you're sitting here doing nothing, Twilight and I will have to find the Crystal heart and save the Crystal Empire!" Spike snapped back with his claws crossed across his chest.

"Oh look Spike Stairs," Rarity pointed to the setup staircase made out of foam pushed out.

"Ok, let's go up the stairs!" Spike exclaimed, and they both walked up the fake foam steps as the curtains closed and then opened to have Fluttershy sitting in her cute onesie squeaking and hiding her face with her wings. Many of the audience members dawwed as Rarity and Spike came back onto the stage.

Rarity pointed and responded, "look, Spike the heart." She hurried towards its foam cage, and as soon as she lowered it, the cage rose and trapped Rarity inside it. "Oh no, a trap! Spik,e help me!"

Derpy came over and stood on her hind legs making silly ghost noises. "Ohhh! I'm a spooky, Sombra!" She then slipped and fell backward, showing off her diaper with a poof of foal powder, making everypony laugh at Derpy's antics.

Spike blinked as he held onto Fluttershy. "I shall take the heart to Cadance before it too late!"

Derpy got up and shook her "I gotta stop ya!" She threw a box of rock candy at Spike and Rarity. The mare squeaked dancing about trying to dodge the candy rocks as Spike took some of the rock candy and suckled on it and cooed, "hmmm, that's good!"

Everypony was laughing hysterically as Rarity grabbed Fluttershy and hoofed back behind the curtains as Spike chased after her. "Hey, I was supposed to grab Flutter- I mean the crystal heart!"

The curtains then opened as Rarity hoofed Fluttershy over to shining and Cheerilee. "Here's the heart now time to use its magic."

Shining took a Cadance plush and chucked it at Derpy as she made a dramatic nooo as the ponies shined a bright light on her. Somehow a ton of powder explodes out of her diaper like a sonic rainboom. With foal powder raining all over the ponies in the audience. The ponies then came out onto the stage and bowed as the pampered ponies all clapped their hooves. The head robot nanny on the T.V appeared as she exclaimed, "that was amazing! Now little ones, it's nap time."

The robot nannies started taking the ponies away to their respective nurseries, and Rarity sighed, "that was the most embarrassing thing I have ever done in my entire life."

Cheerilee hugged Rarity close to her chest and nuzzled her. "Oh, you were so cute! And you did a pretty good job staying in character despite all the craziness!"

Derpy nodded as she waddled over with her body covered from head to toe in foal powder chewing on rock candy. "Hmmm, tasty."

"Ah, yes, Derpy, next time, please have the nannies put less foal powder on your rump." Rarity replied with a blush. But they didn't have time to discuss more as the robot nannies took the castaway to their nurseries.

Rarity, being led away, gave a sigh, "so...am, I still punished?"

Her robot nanny shook her head. "Nope, and don't worry, we got the whole thing on tape! It'll be great to have the foals watch it once in a while before nap time." Rarity groaned as she waddled back, wishing if she'd had just gone to timeout instead.