• Published 30th Jan 2020
  • 536 Views, 4 Comments

To trust an enemy. - mokaevans



Applejack is a supernatural bounty hunter who has been caught by her greatest foe, the vampiress Adagio. Her only hope of escape lies in the hands of a recently turned vampire named Fluttershy. Can Applejack place her faith in a monster?

  • ...
1
 4
 536

Chapter 1

Applejack woke to the feel of cold grimy bricks at her back. Her brain still fogged she began to take stock of her surroundings, trying to bring focus to the world. The air was chilled, wet and she could feel a slight breeze run over her bare skin. It was dark enough for sight to be all but useless. Her wrists felt heavy and surrounded by metal, shackles she realized.

It was then she remembered how she'd ended up here her calm mood vanishing instantaneously replaced by hot rage. She began to struggle attempting to break the chains which left her stuck to the wall. She had abnormal strength for a human but it was clear her enemy knew that for the shackles did not budge.

Applejack started as the door to her prison opened blinding her and revealing the last creature she wanted to see. "Adagio." she growled the name like poison on her lips.

"Glad to see you're awake Applejack. I was beginning to worry." She teased her lips held the kind of smirk that one has when one is in complete control. Applejack wanted to rip it off her face.

"Why am I alive?" She spat not wanting to play these games. "I know ya coulda killed me so why didn't ya?"

Adagio circled deliberately baring her fangs in a way knew bothered Applejack. It reminded her of a vulture one who wanted to play games with its food. "Maybe I wanted to eat you."

"Ya could eat me as a fresh corpse." She deadpanned an eyebrow raised.

"But that’s not as fun. Maybe I want to chase after you before I eat you." she drew closer almost touching her. "or maybe, " she purred "I want to turn you."

Applejack lunged forward, her hands might be bound but she still had her head. Adagio easily dodged laughing playfully. "I WOULD DIE BEFORE I JOINED YOUR CLAN!"

"You always were a feisty one. Well we'll see if you change your mind. In the meantime your going to be our newest member's first meal." Adagio opened the door throwing another girl into the room. "You two have fun now!" she cackled slamming the door behind her.

Applejack examined the figure in front of her. The newest member of the clan. Judging from the way Adagio had thrown her in and locked the door she assumed it hadn't been a voluntary joining. The girls frame was weak and she could hear sobs coming from underneath a curtain of pink hair. She wore a dark red dress presumably so she couldn't forget what she had become. Adagio liked to do those kinds of things.

The girl jerked upwards and Applejack tensed. She felt confident the girl did not wish her any harm but vampires did things when they were hungry. The girl stared at her, her turquoise eyes filled with shame and regret. They sat for a time, the stillness hanging thick in the air until at last the girl spoke.

"Do you think you could pretend I drank from you? Adagio won't let me leave until I drink from you, and the longer I'm here the less I can promise not to hurt you." The girl said softly, her voice tentative.

"I don't think that'll work. She can tell if you've fed off me or not." Applejack prided herself on being a good actor but she wasn’t that good.

The girl looked about the room as though trying to find a way to restrain herself.

"Look I get it. Ya didn't wanna be turned but she did it anyway and now she's trying to force ya into not letting yerself die by lockin you in a room with fresh meat. There's not much that can be done about it. Unless..." She trailed off not believing the thought that had just entered her mind.

"Unless what?" The girl asked her eyes full of hope. Applejack couldn't bring herself to crush those hopes.

"Unless you actually did feed on me." There it was an offer she’d never thought she’d make. A dangerous offer for all involved.

The girl looked horrified. "Oh no I couldn't"

"Look it's like ya said. If ya don't feed off me Adagio won't let ya leave an' if ya stay with me eventually yer gonna get so hungry you'll feed off me anyway. As much as I hate offerin my neck to ya I know I'll be hurt more if we wait until that happens." As much as she hated to admit it she was caught between two bad decisions. She was just taking the less bad one.

Slowly the girl nodded standing and walking towards her. The steps she made were small and she stared at the floor. Eventually she got there and Applejack, despite volunteering to do this, found her body tensing as her fangs unsheathed nearly touching her neck.

"Are you sure your okay with this?" The girl asked, giving her one last opportunity to back out.

"Just get it done an’ over with." She muttered tersely

As the girl bit into her neck Applejack felt a sense of pleasure fill her. She'd never been bitten before and, though she knew it was only the endorphins, she still couldn't believe how good it felt. A part of her brain yelled at her 'What am I doing? I've spent years huntin these creatures down and here I am letting one of em' feed off me.'

As the girl withdrew she found her mind clouded. the room was out of focus like a blurry camera lens. She blinked attempting to regain her eyesight. Despite her lethargy her mind cleared immediately as the door opened Adagio smirking in the entrance.

"Very good Fluttershy now that wasn't so bad was it?" The vampiress asked, a cruel smirk on her lips.

The girl, Fluttershy, let out a whimper. "C-can I leave now?"

The elder vampire moved out of the way. "Of course." As Applejack watched Fluttershy exit the room she saw Adagio give her a knowing look. She shuddered, the last thing she needed was Adagio knowin' she enjoyed that.

Applejack waited in the dark unwelcoming space.,chilled to the bone, hungry with many aches and pains. Her wrists had gone numb from being in the same position for so long. Her shirt was damp from the moist air.

She idly wondered how much time had passed. There was no way to tell time down here. Eventually ,after what she knew was more than a few days, the doors once again opened. Though she was exhausted she still managed a glare at Adagio. "Oh come now is that how your going to treat your first visitor in a week?" She said with mock sadness. She did not say anything letting the hate in her eyes speak for her. "Oh Applejack your making all this harder than it needs to be. I already know you let Fluttershy feed off you. Why not me as.well?” She already knew the answer, she just wanted to piss her off.

"Because Fluttershy isn't an applerottin' bi-" she cut herself off knowing the venom of her words would just encourage her.

"Whatever I'll have you eventually, in the meantime how about a visit from an old friend?" she smirked, pulling Fluttershy into the room after her.

"Who said we were friends?" Applejack muttered. Fluttershy winced at her words. Applejack didn't know why that made her feel bad.

" Who knew you could be so heartless." Adagio crowed as she shut the door behind her.

An awkward silence filled the room as Applejack silently cursed Adagio with every apple based profanity she knew. Fluttershy stared at the floor specks of water hitting the hard stone surface, revealing her tears.

"I should've known she'd send me back here." Fluttershy choked. "She knew I wouldn't feed off anything until she made me."

Applejack sighed. Of all the vampires Adagio could've left with her she had to leave the one she couldn't bring herself to hate. "Look I've been thinkin'" She paused, letting Fluttershy acknowledge her words. "Neither of us wanna be here so why don't we help each other?"

Fluttershy looked at her helplessly. "How?"

"Well when they captured me I had a bag of supplies. I'd bet a bumper crop of apples Adagio and her goons have it stashed somewhere." It seemed stupid, but if there was one flaw Adagio had it was overconfidence.

"But how does that help us?" The meek girl asked.

"There's a lighter in there among other things." 'Things ta hunt monsters like you with...' Applejack shook the thought off. "If you can get it in here and hold it up to the chains I should be able to break free."

"So you want me to look for this bag?" Fluttershy asked, sounding at once hopeful and terrified.

"Yep, an' if ya get me outta here I'll help you escape." She wasn’t entirely sure about this, it was her natural instinct to distrust vampires, but she knew it was likely the only way she’d get out of here.

For an undefined time there was silence as Fluttershy thought over her proposal. Then she spoke. "Let's do it." Applejack smiled at the determination on her face.

"Well we won't be doin' anything if yer stuck in here with me." Applejack said looking at her pointedly.

"Oh right..." As Fluttershy drew near Applejack found her body did not tense. That was a bit concerning, if she didn't tense when Fluttershy prepared to bite her would other vampires be able to catch her off-guard? Applejack felt the tips of Fluttershy's fangs at her neck.

"I'm sorry." she whispered before biting down. This time it felt even better and Applejack found herself drowning in the sensation. Amongst the whirl of pleasure was a speck of deep fear. What if she got addicted?
She felt the mouth leave her neck and saw the vague shape of Adagio let Fluttershy out. Being fed on twice without eating had really taken a toll, and though she tried to stay awake she found her eyes drifting close.

Days later the door opened, in her weakened state she nearly didn't react. Adagio smirked upon seeing this. Applejack had an inkling she'd been waiting for this to happen. As the vampire drew closer she tried desperately to rally her senses. Adagio's fingers had nearly touched her face when she finally found the strength to bite at them.

"So you are awake? Good." The vampiress smirked, a glint in her eyes. Applejack knew she preferred potential prey to be lucid. It was more fun for her. "You know." she whispered, her lips near Applejack's ear. "You can end this torment any time you want. All you have to do is agree to let me turn you."

Applejack didn't speak. She wanted to yell but she knew if there was going to be any chance of escaping she needed to save her energy. So she just glared letting the loathing in her eyes speak for itself.

"Suit yourself," As she let Fluttershy in she gave Applejack a look. It was the kind of look people got when they were eyeing a choice piece of meat.

"So any luck?" She asked hopefully.

"I know where they are I just haven't figured out how to get it yet." The timid girl muttered self consciously.

"Well ya need ta hurry I don't know how much longer I can hold out." As much as it hurt her pride to admit it she knew being forthright was best in this situation.

Fluttershy sighed. "I know... I was wondering... why do you think Adagio turned me? Her clan is only three members. Four if you count me, so that means she's only ever done this twice before."

Applejack knew the answer, Fluttershy wasn't gonna like it. "It's because yer so kind. So she knew having to feed off other people would be tormentin' for you. That also why she's been having you feed so often. You wouldn't have the same struggle if she lets to get the point where yer starving. She likes to play mind games." Also I'm pretty sure she wants me alive.

"I see... Applejack..." She trailed.
"Yes?" She asked back wondering what she wanted to know.

"Why is she interested in you?" Fluttershy didn’t sound accusing merely curious.
Applejack had secretly been hoping she could keep her occupation a secret from Fluttershy but she supposed it was only a matter of time before she found out. "I'm a bounty hunter. I hunt supernatural creatures. I think she likes the idea of turnin' her enemy into one of her minions."

Fluttershy did not look scared as she had been expecting rather she looked at her in awe. "That's amazing."

"You aren't worried I'll kill you?" She knew plenty of hunters who would.

"No, you believed in me. Let me feed off you and gave me hope when I thought there was no way we were getting out of here. If you're a hunter I bet you only hunt monsters who hurt humans. Like Adagio, and since I'm not like that, I don't think you'd hurt me." Her words were spoken with a sincerity Applejack heard rarely.
Applejack wasn't sure whether to be honored Fluttershy thought so much of her, or concerned she was so naïve. "T-thanks."

"I guess I have to feed off you now..." She didn’t sound like she wanted to.

"Don't worry I trust you to stop." This time Applejack was extremely concerned about her body's reaction. her veins tingled in anticipation of what was to come. Her body really wanted this. 'Great I'm addicted an' in only two bites.' She'd always thought it'd take longer than that...

As she felt the fangs pierce her neck she found herself lost in pleasure. Though she tried to hold onto her concern it was useless. The only thing she knew was that she didn't want to ever stop feeling this way. Slowly she felt the fangs leave her. Her body slumped.

"Don't worry." she heard as she drifted. "I won't let you down."

Applejack knew it hadn't been more than a few hours when the door next opened. Still dazed she stared as Adagio sauntered towards her.

"I've been waiting for this." She purred as she drew close. "It was all part of the plan, I knew you'd never let me drink from you but for dear sweet Fluttershy-" she chuckled. "I figured you'd make an exception." Applejack panicked as Adagio reached towards her trying desperately to move but her body and still recovering from Fluttershy's last bite. "With each bite You'd become weaker, your body more susceptible to the pleasure." She began to caress Applejack's face. "Until you wouldn't be able to fight against me." She had to move! Her humanity counted on it. Despite telling herself this she still couldn't move. "And now" Adagio whispered into her neck. "I'm going to make you watch as I turn you into the very thing you hate the most.

Applejack closed her eyes waiting for the bite. She waited seconds without any bite,curious she opened her eyes. Behind Adagio was a furious Fluttershy breathing heavily specks of blood on her face, and one of Applejack's stakes in her hand. A stake which was embedded in Adagio's heart. "No one hurts my friend." Adagio fell over.

"Applejack I've got the lighter!" She cried excitedly

Applejack chuckled bitterly. "Thanks but I'm pretty sure I'm too weak to break free."

"Oh..." Fluttershy pondered this, then she began to search Adagio.

"What are you doing?!" She had to run. Applejack might be stuck here but at least Fluttershy could escape.

"Rescuing you." Fluttershy beamed, unlocking Applejack's shackles.

"But-how?" She felt like the answer should be obvious but in her state she couldn’t quite figure it out.

"I figured Adagio would have the keys on her." Oh.
Applejack tried on stand but her legs gave out on her having not been used in weeks. "Just leave me I can't-" She gasped as Fluttershy lifted her into her arms.

"I'm not going anywhere without you." She said, her normally weak voice filled with determination.

As they ran through the halls Applejack heard Aria cry. "Sonata they're escaping!"

"Mmm-" She heard Sonata moan.

"Stop drooling over taco commercials! You can't even eat them!" Aria scolded her. Applejack chuckled, at least Adagio's goons were incompetent.

Eventually they came to a cave where Fluttershy would be protected from the sun. Fluttershy set Applejack against the wall, knowing she was too weak to sit up herself.

"I can't believe we beat Adagio!" She said excitedly. Her eyes were brimming with joy.

"Hate ta break it to ya sugarcube but Adagio isn't dead." She wished she didn’t have to crush that joy.

"She isn't?" Fluttershy sighed disappointedly.

" Adagio's a pretty powerful vampire I think ya need to burn her ta ashes. If you'd staked Sonata or Aria they'd be dead but Adagio's a different story. That said it'll take her a few weeks to recover. We should get as far away as possible in that time." She advised.

"What about my...diet?" The meek girl trailed guilty.

"After savin' my life I think I can help sustain your afterlife." She would have never thought she;d say that but after all they’d been through she didn’t want her friend to die.

Fluttershy smiled. "I don't think I'd be comfortable feeding from anyone else."

"Fluttershy." Applejack teased.

"What?" She asked tilting her head.

"Ya still have Adagio's blood on yer face."

Author's Note:

A couple of years ago I posted this oneshot on a fanfiction site. It received such backlash and negativity that I quickly took it down. I don't even think the people read it, because they just hated on it without explaining why. Recently I found it again, and I still really like it so I polished it up and decided to post it here. If the negativity happens again I'll just disable ratings.

Comments ( 4 )

Very rushed but I’ve seen far worse.

This seems pretty alright. Unfortunate that you had to resort to disabling the ratings. But from what I can see, maybe the summary made this fiction felt like was going to be at least 5 to 20+ chapters long.

10506027
I thought it might be because it was a humanized Flutterbat story. I know some people are sick of those types of things.

I really love this story, it's the first one i read on this site! its very well written and an interesting read. I appologise for the backlash in the past.

Login or register to comment