• Published 1st May 2020
  • 2,600 Views, 259 Comments

My Little Pony: The Days of New Equestria (Season 1) - ScorchingFlamesInc



Chrysalis, Tirek, and Cozy Glow, are now reformed. Leo, a former human from Earth, is now an alicorn trapped in Equestria. While these four live their new lives, an evil legendary ram will stop an nothing to bring utter conquest.

  • ...
17
 259
 2,600

Episode 15: The Good, the Bad, and the Redeemed

The castle doors opened, and we all walked out.

"*sigh...* Another day, another sunshine, am I right?" Chrysalis beamed.

"I'm not sure if that makes sense..." I mutter.

"Well, either way, a trot through town in nice weather is always relaxing."

"To you, it is..." I reply. "I'm not one for walks."

SPLAT! CRUNCH!

"Ack!"

I lower my head and raise my suddenly wet, sore, and sticky hoof. Yellow and white slime oozed down it. Not only that, but it was sore and had some super small hard white fragments.

I immediately knew it was an egg.

"Are you ok?!?" Tirek bent down and looked at my hoof.

"I'm fine... just startled. Why is there an egg here?"

"Um... guys?" Cozy began. "You may want to turn around..."

We all turned around and gasped. The castle was all covered in eggs, and images of the three former villains were spray-painted onto the castle, and crossed out. Whoever did this probably did it when we were sleeping. And considering we slept in, Starlight and the others were gone.

"Who..." Chrysalis put her hooves over her mouth. If she didn't try to become fully at peace, she'd probably be more mad. "Who did this?!"

I saw one of the doors slightly close, and I saw something nailed on it. I went over and took the paper off the wall.

"What does it say?" Tirek asked.

I read the message written on the paper.

"Go back to your stone prison, villains..." I crumpled up the paper. "Well... should have seen this coming."

"Well, what are we going to do?" Cozy asked.

"I don't know..." Chrysalis muttered. "For a while, it was obvious that there were still many out there with grudges against us. I guess they finally decided to do something. Question is... are they individuals, or are they separate groups, or are they one big group?"

"At least it's not like with the Grogar incident..." I mumble. "They don't want to use the distrust of you all as an act, so they can take Equestria. This is just regular protests against you all being around."

"Should we be worried about the Princess?" Tirek questioned.

"I think we should send her a warning letter, just to be sure," Chrysalis suggested. "Only time will tell, after that."

Chrysalis sighed when we all turned around to re-enter the castle. "I guess a walk isn't a good idea after all..."

"We got through in the past, we can get through again," Tirek encouraged.

"But this is a sign that the ponies and creatures against us are starting to get impatient..." she pointed out. "Something tells me that if we do go out, we'll need to be cautious."

The castle doors closed behind us.


...
Intro...
...


The letter whisked away in ruby-colored flames.

"And the letter is sent," Cozy nodded.

"Not bad," Tirek nodded with approval.

"Thanks!" Cozy smiled. "Only took me thirty minutes to fully learn the spell."

"We're gonna have to clean the place before we go out again..." I groaned.

"It won't be too bad!" Chrysalis encouraged.

"Tell that to the size of the castle..." I mutter. "Besides, I can't fly."

"Yeah, we really need to practice that," Cozy pointed out.

A letter suddenly burst in green flames. I guess Spike sent that.

"The Princess' dragon must have sent that..." Tirek brought the letter to him, and opened it. "*ahem*...

Dear Chrysalis, Tirek, Cozy, and Leo...

I am aware that residents are starting to get impatient and upset at your presence. However, so far, nopony or creature holds any grudge or blame on me. I will try to resolve the issues if they get out of hoof. I will be sure that none of you are put in any danger. For now, try to ignore anyone who tries to start something. I wouldn't go too far in trying to prove yourselves, but maybe some good deeds wouldn't be such a bad idea. As for you, Leo, although you were never a villain, you might as well do what the other three do, since you are with them. Or there may be other circumstances, too.

Also, on an unrelated note, I am letting you know in advance that Luster Dawn and one of her friends is coming over to the castle. I trust that you will make them feel welcome. They arrive at 12:30.

Best Regards,

Princess Twilight Sparkle

"Well, at least the Princess is safe," I shrug.

"Luster's coming over with a friend?" Chrysalis said. "That's nice. I wonder why nopony here brought it up."

"The decision for them to come here was probably enforced today," said Tirek. "Back on the subject, it's a good thing the Princess will keep things in check."

"I agree," Chrysalis nods. "It's simple, too... avoid any aggression, passive or not."

"Well, obviously," I chuckle. "How would it be hard?"

"Hey, the Princess said that Luster was coming at 12:30. What time is it?" Cozy asked.

Tirek looked at a nearby clock on the wall.

"12:29. She may be here any minute."

"I haven't met Luster yet," I stated. "Meeting her while she's hypnotized doesn't count."

"Too bad we didn't have time to clean... Hopefully, she and her friend will be fine with helping us..." Chrysalis said.

Knock! Knock! Knock!

"Well... only one way to find out..." I say. "I'll go get it."

I left the room, and went down the hallways. It surprised me that I knew my way around the place, and to the exit/entrance.

I opened the large doors, and right behind those doors stood two ponies.

I immediately recognized one of them... she was Luster Dawn. However, the other one caught me by surprise. I expected to see one of Luster's friends that she met when the MLP show ended. But instead, there stood a stallion that I don't remember ever seeing.

He was taller than me by a... I guess I can say a foot. Mainly because of his tall legs and his large body. This stallion, a unicorn, had a horn as long as Luna's! His mane Was red, though I realized it was the outline of the mane, while the center of the mane (on the side) was black. Same applied for the tail. I leaned a bit to see his cutie mark, and it showed an image of a bursting volcano.

"Oh, hey! You must be Leo!" Luster waved a hoof.

"And you're Luster Dawn," I reply. "It's nice to meet you when... um... you're not under some sort of hypnotic spell."

Luster sheepishly smiled.

"And who's your friend?" I ask.

"Magma Burn. Pleased to meet you," he held out a hoof, and I bumped it in typical guy fashion.

"Sorry about the mess..." I begin. "We woke up with the castle like this."

"I wouldn't mind helping you clean," Luster offered. "Would you be fine with it too?"

"Absolutely!" Magma nodded.

"Awesome! I was actually going to ask you for help anyway. Please, come in."

I turned and led them inside.

"I'll lead you to where the others are, if that's fine. We'll probably do some stuff that we can agree on before we clean the castle," I said.

"Sounds good to me," replied Luster.

Magma Burn said nothing.

Soon, we arrived at our designated room. The doors opened, and the three former villains greeted us.

"Luster!" Cozy. "Who's your friend?"

"Magma Burn," Magma answered.

"Cool name," Cozy beamed.

"Well, I guess we should get comfortable," Luster told Magma. "Though the last time I've been here, I haven't seen much. I would like to look around."

"Want me to help?" I offered.

"Sure."

"Oh, um... I'll stay here," Magma insisted.

Luster cocked a brow.

"Really? You don't want to explore?"

"I insist. Maybe I can explore later."

Luster shrugged.

"Alright then... if you say so."

"Where do you wanna go first?" I ask as we turn around.

"I actually want to see the cutie map again," Luster said before the doors closed behind us.


(Former) Legion of Doom...


When the doors closed, Magma Burn shifted his gaze back to the former villains. They seemed shocked when he expressed nothing but anger and disgust.

"So, you three are the ones who nearly brought Equestria to an end..." he bitterly hissed with venom. "It’s amazing how my friend, that stallion Alicorn, and even the Princess, all fell for your evil tricks."

The former villains blinked.

"Um... what?" Tirek uttered, confused at what he just heard.


...
...


"You heard me..." Magma growled. "When Luster Dawn told me she redeemed you all, I didn't believe it. I assumed you three tricked the poor mare into thinking that you've changed. And then, when Grogar came along, you three decided to fight with him to prove that you all are Equestria's most powerful beings, and the rightful rulers. And not only that, but it would solidify your reputation, so your foul plans wouldn't be suspected."

"That's... not true at all," Cozy defended.

"It isn't? Please... I see it. You three are just waiting until all are vulnerable, so you can finally catch them by surprise! You three are the reasons why I've been gathering ponies and creatures with my point of view to finally persuade the princess that all you've done was for a lie! And not just you! Even Luster's own mother. I feel sorry for Luster... having a mother like her. Same with her godmare, Trixie. The list goes on. There are many who deserve justice, and think that they're too smart for me!"

"But-" Tirek started.

"Enough! Your lies won't work on me!" Magma barked. "What about that alicorn? Is he with you? Is he your ally, or some poor brainwashed prisoner?!"

"He's our friend!" Chrysalis rebutted. "And you're missing the big picture, here! You're not understanding! Just because somepony or creature did villainous things doesn't mean that they're villains for life! We're better now!"

Magma Burn stomped his hoof.

"Don't you see it? I'm a thousand times better than you three could have ever been! Better than you in every single way!!"


Leo and Luster...


"So... how long have you known Magma Burn?" I ask.

"Oh... for a while," Luster admitted. "Since we were young, actually. But since my views on friendship were complicated, I didn't really consider him a friend until two months ago. He's a pretty good pony, though... I'm not sure how I feel about bringing him here."

"What do you mean?"

"When he's around ponies or creatures that were once evil... he becomes an entirely different pony. He holds a burning hatred for anything evil, and wants justice. He wants it gone. I usually don't want him near anyone who was once evil, especially my mother. So when he found out that I reformed Chrysalis, Cozy, and Tirek when the news spread, he was very cautious of me and even heartbroken, because he assumed they did something to me... and he cares about me a lot. Eventually, things between us returned to normal when he finally came to the conclusion that I was simply tricked by the three... even though I wasn't. He still acted suspicious of me from time to time, but things were fine. When I decided to come here to visit, Magma wasn't all to pleased and wanted to come to protect me. I insisted that instead of protecting me, he tries to make friends with the three, including you, since he has complicated views on you too. He refused at first, but when I asked him to at least do it for me, he reluctantly agreed. Though... even though he cares about me... I'm not really sure if he'll hold his promise."

I stopped, and so did Luster.

"You at least didn't warn me?" I asked, slightly panicked.

"Well... I'm sorry, alright? I just thought that maybe I could convince him to at least give it a try... maybe, though, we should meet back up."

"I agree!"

And I started down the hall, a bit faster than earlier. Luster followed at the same speed I was going.


Meanwhile...


"Look, I understand that you're skeptical, and we all expected there would be ponies like this," Cozy said. "But can't you give us a chance? The Princess did!"

"The Princess was lied to!" Magma hissed. "So we decided to take matters into our own hands!"

"We?" Chrysalis asked.

"Yes. Me and a few others, who had the same beliefs. Our goal is to prove your villainy, even if we have to poke the bear like last night!"

"The vandalism..." Tirek realized. "That was you?"

"Not exactly," Magma admitted. "I stayed behind, while the true heroes did all of this, to get you all to fess up and show your true nature. And if you'd hide it, you'd probably hunt each of us down and brainwash us."

"You wouldn't look good to the community," Cozy explained.

"Sometimes, you have to be the bad guy to be good... now, listen here! I am going to prove to this world that you three are still wretches, and always will be! And if you still hide your true nature, I'll get rid of you myself! My magic, is something that you wouldn't want to mess with! So enjoy freedom while it lasts!"

Magma turned around and stomped out the room, slamming open the doors. He turned his head to the left.

And there, he saw Luster and the alicorn, who appeared startled at the opening doors.

"You go talk to him," the stallion alicorn whispered loudly. "I'll go meet up with them."

And the alicorn ran forward, past Magma Burn, and into the room.

"I... take it it didn't go well?" Luster asked.

"Let's take this somewhere else..." Magma said, before walking past Luster.

And Luster Dawn followed.


...
...


"So... didn't go well?" I ask.

"You're not wrong..." Tirek muttered.

"Luster told me how he feels to villains, reformed or not," I explain. "And I heard the shouting."

"I... don't know how to feel about this anymore," Cozy said. "This is worse than some glares. He wants us gone."

"He's misunderstood..." Chrysalis muttered, earning our attention. "He doesn't see it. He's a good pony, but... something happened to him. Something that we'll find out some day... I hope."

"I wonder how Luster is doing..." I pondered.


Meanwhile...


"This is far enough..." Magma said, stopping. Luster stopped, too.

"You promised me you'd try!" Luster exclaimed.

"I know..." Magma brooded. "But just seeing them... the anger came back. Luster, I don't trust them. You should have known that it wouldn't play out well! That my anger is strong... I wanted to do it. But the fact I want them gone is stronger. Justice has to be served, and it has to be this way! I can't fake being their friend, if they're just going to take over and betray us all."

"They won't do that," Luster promised. "Trust me."

Magma shook his head.

"You don't understand," he said. "All I see in them is villainy. All my stomach tells me is that they're up to something. And I want to find out what!"

"I'm not going to let you search this castle for something. You're not going to find anything. Magma, you're my friend, but if you keep this up, you'll take it too far. You're not a bad pony, and they aren't bad either."

Magma sighed.

"You know why it's hard for me to accept it."

And Luster knew that was true.


Later...


After a while, the doors opened and Luster stepped in. Magma Burn was not there.

"So... what's going on?" Cozy asked.

"Magma and I are going to leave," Luster told us. "Let me explain... I had to choose between Magma, or you. And I chose him. But it doesn't mean I'm done being your friend. Listen very carefully... I didn't do it just because I'm his friend. I chose because he's misguided. I'm going to try and get through with him. He doesn't understand yet. So... do you trust me?"

We were all silent, before Tirek spoke.

"You've helped us understand friendship..." he started. "If you can change villains like us, you can change confused ponies like him. I trust you."

"We all do," Chrysalis spoke for us.

"Will you ever even explain why your still friends with him despite his views?" Cozy asked.

Luster sighed.

"It's complicated... and it's private. Maybe... if I can get through with him... he can explain everything himself."

Luster turned back and left the room, but before she closed the doors, she looked back at us and smiled.

"I know this isn't really goodbye... but take care. And wish me luck."

"Good luck," I say, waving my hoof.

And Luster closed the doors behind her.


Later (again...)


We all watched as Luster and Magma went further from the castle. I could have sworn I saw Magma give one last glare at the castle, but I brushed it off.

"Well... that was one chaotic hour," I chuckle .

"Do you think we'll encounter him again?" Cozy asks.

"I don't think we will. I know we will," Tirek says. "Whether she actually makes him understand is the true mystery."

"A very valid point," Chrysalis admired.

"It's too bad we don't have those extra hooves to clean up now..." Cozy muttered.

"Well, darn..." I mutter. "I'll go get the cleaning supplies..."

I turned and left to grab the cleaning supplies.

This was going to be a long afternoon, and possibly evening... and even though we have magic, and a changeling that can transform... it's still going to take quite a while.

Author's Note:

Everyone, I'd like to welcome Magma Burn, a character pitched to me by MarlonCalpe40000. Go follow him!

This is what Magma Burn looks like:


This won't be the last you'll see of him. Eventually, I'll flesh out his story, his relationship with Luster, and even with the villains and Leo.

Leo............................................Himself
Chrysalis..................................Kathleen Barr
Cozy Glow...............................Sunni Westbrook
Tirek.........................................Mark Acheson
Luster Dawn............................Sabrina Pitre
Magma Burn...........................Bill Nighy

One last episode before the finale! Let's just say, I'm going to hype you all by saying one name...

Tempest Shadow.

Alright, wish me a good two weeks before the next episode is posted :rainbowlaugh::pinkiecrazy:.

WANT TO CHECK OUT MORE OF MY CONTENT? CLICK HERE: https://www.fimfiction.net/user/345991/CartoonopolisAdventures/stories

Feel free to make theories on what will happen. And always let the Brony or Pegasister within conquer your creativity.