• Published 1st May 2020
  • 2,598 Views, 259 Comments

My Little Pony: The Days of New Equestria (Season 1) - ScorchingFlamesInc



Chrysalis, Tirek, and Cozy Glow, are now reformed. Leo, a former human from Earth, is now an alicorn trapped in Equestria. While these four live their new lives, an evil legendary ram will stop an nothing to bring utter conquest.

  • ...
17
 259
 2,598

Episode 14: The One Where Tirek’s Alone

Chrysalis waved goodbye as Leo and Cozy walked away from the castle.

"Come back safe!" she calls out before she turns and closes the castle doors behind her.

When Chrysalis turned, Tirek was coming down the stairs.

"What's going on?" he asks.

"Oh, um... they're going to the arcade. They're even bringing their own bits."

"I see..."

Silence.

"Hey, Tirek?" Chrysalis spoke seconds later. They were alone. She felt her heart beat faster with the familiar thoughts of her crush in her head.

"Yes?"

"I... um..." Come on, Chrysalis! Tell him!!! "I..."

Tirek looked at her... was he expecting her to say something?

"I... have to go to lunch with Starlight Glimmer!"

I choked.

"Oh, right..." Tirek replied, before scratching the back of his head. "I... remember hearing you two discuss that."

"Yes, yes..."

"Is there... anything you need to get?" Tirek questioned.

"I don't... know..." the changeling mumbled. She backed up, her rump bumping into the door. "I'm just... gonna go."

Chrysalis lit her horn, and before Tirek could say anything, she teleported in a blue spark. Tirek saw a dim blue light burst from the gap between the two doors, and then he heard fast running.

Tirek turned around.

For the first time in a while, he was completely alone. Tartarus didn't count, as he had the company of Cerberus and other prisoners. And when he was at the Canterlot Garden to meet up with Scorpan, there was quite a few visitors.

But Tirek wasn't afraid. He's just fine. He doesn't fear being alone...does he?

"Well, Tirek, you're alone..." he mumbled. "For the first time, away from all of your friends... it's fine..."

He facepalmed.

"What are you even worrying about!?" he growls to himself, before he started to pace. "You've got muscles... muscles that you still work on expanding not just for your figure... but to impress the beautiful queen living in this very castle! You can do this... in fact... before they go home, I'll have a great big meal prepared for her and theponies! Yes... work out, and cook... it's perfect! What could go wrong?"

Tirek stopped, and once again scanned the empty room.

He sighed, looking uncertain.

"You can't even cook..." he groans.


...
Intro
...


"It's about time we finally go to this place," I say. "We've passed it, but never got to go. I wonder how long it was here, anyway..."

"I've been told it was here for ten years," Cozy replied. "By my classmates."

"Alright, I'm going to be honest..." I cleared my throat. "I honestly can't believe that it's been 20 years, and yet Equestria is still in an era where arcade machines are the main go-to for video games. I mean, where I came from, it didn't even take ten years before humans made consoles, which went with TV's... I guess Equestria is slower in production?"

"Well, there are some handheld devices. And besides, you've brought phones to this world."

"I know... it's just funny on how while Equestria is at equal or even superior advancement in some subjects, they're behind in the manner of technology."

"You never know..." Cozy shrugged. "Maybe the first TV's have been made. Maybe they're more common in cities like Manehatten. Look, you've already brought over the concept of phones, so if TV's haven't been made, either the phones will pave the way, or you can spread the concept. But remember, we shouldn't let focus on tech outweigh focus on magic."

"I guess you're right... anyways, looks like we're here."

Our conversation came to a halt as we started to advance closer to a decent-sized building. I was indeed curious how it was gonna look.

We opened the door, and our eyes went wide.

There were many colored lights inside, giving the building a retro-feel. But that wasn't all... there was something on a wall with some couches on the center. And what it was.... was a TV. It wasn't an oldie, (a box TV), but it wasn't a modern-Earth one either. Judging from what it was, it looked like a 2000s TV that goes on a wall.

"No TV's you say..." Cozy gave me a smirk.

"I've never been in a building with a TV. How was I supposed to know."

"You didn't notice the TV in the lobbies of the buildings we visited while looking for my family?"

"There were TV's there?" I was surprised I didn't notice.

"I'm surprised you didn't notice," Cozy said, repeating my thoughts.

"Alright, so they have TV's... but they're not like the very high-tech modern ones in my world. And we still don't have confirmation on consoles."

Cozy Glow turned her head and noticed a stack of papers. Lighting her horn, the piece of paper on top gave off a red glow, and levitated over to her.

She snorted, as if she was holding back laughter.

"What?" I ask.

She showed me the flyer. It was a flyer advertising a console... for video games.

"Whatever..." I mutter. "The 3D graphics are similar to 1990s Earth consoles, anyway..."

"We haven't really payed much attention to this world... what's funnier is that we've been out a lot."

"I guess... but it still feels like someone randomly dropping things in a story, either for the heck of it, or to make more sense..."

Every pony and creature in the room, including Cozy Glow, paused what they were doing and looked at me.

"I get it! I get it!" I exclaimed.

Cozy giggled.

"Come on... lets go play some games."

She started forward. I immediately followed.


Chrysalis... minutes later...


Chrysalis arrived at the restaurant. Starlight told her that she would go to the restaurant earlier and grab them a seat.

She opened the door and stepped inside. She didn't even need to look around. She saw her former rival in a seat nearby.

"Hi." A griffon approached Chrysalis. It looks like creatures other than ponies worked there. Nice touch. "How many are coming?"

"I'm actually with her." Chrysalis pointed a hoof at Starlight, who waved.

"Alright. Right this way."

Although Chrysalis didn't really need to be led, she didn't mind. She followed the griffon, and when she was at the booth, Chrysalis seated herself across from Starlight.

"You're waiter will be here in a minute to get you drinks."

Chrysalis looked at Starlight as the griffon left.

"I insisted on waiting to get something until you came."

"Um... thank you." Chrysalis replied.

"So, what's new?" asked Starlight.

"Oh, nothing much. I'm a little more at peace with myself."

"That's good to hear. How?"

"Just... a little changeling activity. Helped me feel better about me. It's complicated."

"You don't have to share if you don't want to."

"Well, it's actually a long story... technically not long."


Tirek...


Tirek stepped out of his workplace area, and rolled his head around until he heard a pop in his neck. He didn't exercise for too long. He decided to get started with his kitchen work early. He ventured through the long corridors before he soon found what he was looking for: the kitchen.

Eventually, he found it, and took stock of the food.

"Hmmm... let's see here..." he muttered. "I have what I need for sandwiches... but I want to make it more special... maybe a stew? I have enough for stew..."

He went and checked out some cookbooks that Chrysalis purchased.

"Something nice, but not too complicated..."

After flipping through a few pages, Tirek sighed.

"This will take a while..."


...
...


Chrysalis and Starlight were doing pretty good jobs at occupying each other as they ate their food.

"These devices are quite impressive..." Starlight admired, holding a phone in her magic. "How were these made?"

"Cloning," Chrysalis shrugged. "If you want one for study, Tirek and I can get one literally under a minute."

"And that 'Leo' pony has the original one... impressive. Though I will ask: what is this internet? And why do some things take very slow to load?"

"According to Leo, you require internet to do some things. We're hoping to figure out how to do it soon. I'm not sure if we're losing time or not, but considering everyone is so impressed with this kind of technology, I'd say we have a week or two before they get impatient and want to try the internet-required items."

"I see..."

"So, Starlight, tell me a bit about yourself."

Starlight chuckled and scratched the back of her head with a hoof.

"Well, aside from being a Headmare, I'm also a mother."

"Really? Who's the kid?" Chrysalis asked.

"Her name is Luster-"

"Luster? Luster Dawn?!"

"Yes."

"How come both of you never told me?!"

"If it helps, I didn't say anything because I thought she already did," Starlight said in her defense. "And all those times we'd briefly see each other in the mornings and evenings, we'd never end up crossing to that subject. Plus, I never have dinner with you four because the School of Friendship has gotten far busier since I became Headmare."

"Who's the father?" asked Chrysalis.

"Her father... and my special somepony... is Sunburst."

"Him?!? I should have known... their cutie marks have odd resemblance. And for you, you never told me you two were intimate."

"Again... we've never crossed that ground, and we'd rarely meet because of how much work we do."

"Are you sure it's that, or is it because you two go out a lot?"

"I-" Starlight stopped herself. "Alright, maaaaaaybe I'm home late because we both go out to dinner a lot. Trixie comes too, but mainly so we can do a bit of magic training at the school on her way back."

"You could have told us, and not that you're home late. What were your intentions?"

"Um..." Starlight slightly lowered her head. "There were none..."

Chrysalis facehoofed.

"Look..." Starlight sighed. "I'm sorry, alright? Really, I am. If it helps, you tell me one thing you've either lied about or kept secret. That way it's fair."

"Er-well... alright, but only because it's fair."

Chrysalis looked to her left, and then to her right, as if someone was watching her.

"I... may have a crush on Tirek."

"Aha! I knew it..." Starlight hoof-pumped.

"You knew?!" Chrysalis asked.

"Are you kidding? It was obvious, since half the time Tirek talks, you'd give him a dreamy glare."

Chrysalis bit her lower lip and blushed.

"Don't worry, your secret's safe with me," Starlight promised.

"Thank you..." the pink left Chrysalis' face. "But I'm still telling the other three that you lied to us."

"Alright, alright... only because they need to know. Say, how are Leo and Cozy anyway?"

"They're doing great," Chrysalis smiled. "They get along so well. They're at the arcade right now."


Leo and Cozy...


"Well... that's it for me," I muttered, as the words Game Over appeared on my screen.

"You did well," Cozy assured, sitting in a seat a decent distance from the machines.

"Yeah, I know..." I sat down in the seat next to hers. "Your turn."

Cozy got up, and took a bit out of the bag in front of our benches. She put the gold coin in, and her turn started.

For a few minutes, I watched. She was doing pretty well.

"I'm going to get a snack," I soon said, before getting up. "Meet me there if you lose."

"Alright," Cozy replied, eyes glued to the game.

I grabbed the bag of bits. I went over, only to be greeted with a line of seven.

I hated long lines. They always felt like forever. But considering that I sometimes do things that I usually don't do, I stayed.

As time passed, the line shortened.

Strange... I thought. She's been playing for seven minutes, the amount of time it took for me to lose... she must be doing better than I am.

I soon got my snack, and she wasn't back yet. When I returned to the spot, she was still playing.

"You're still going? On that one bit?" I asked.

"Yep..." Cozy replied.

"You know..." I turned my head and saw the pony sweeping up garbage nearby. "That high-score hasn't been beaten in a while. If that kid beats it, I'd be impressed."

Do I smell a fictional scenario coming on?

"What's the high-score?" I ask.

"975350"

"Jeez!" I exclaim.

"I know, right?"

I looked at Cozy's gameplay. I went closer and looked at the score.

563150.

This kid was on fire!


Tirek...


Tirek opened the kitchen doors, only to be completely engulfed in black smoke.

He coughed, waving around his large arms.

He squinted open his eyes. The pots were bursting with flames, and so was the oven. The whole kitchen was a mess, and things were scattered everywhere.

Tirek frantically searched for something to extinguish the fire. He managed to grab a cup and fill it with water. He opened the oven and tossed it, but the flames instead roared, causing Tirek to jump back.

"This is becoming a disaster..." he groaned.


...
...


"Well, I've had enough..." Chrysalis put down her fork.

"I'm glad you liked the food," Starlight grinned.

The waitress went over to the table.

"Did you enjoy your food?" she asked.

"Very much," nodded Chrysalis.

"Great. Here's your bill," she said politely, before placing it. "Be sure to pay when you're ready."

"Will do," Starlight agrees.

The waitress walked away.

Starlight looked at the bill, and began to grab her bag to get the needed amount of bits.

"Let me..." Chrysalis picked up her own bag.

"No need. Let me," Starlight proceeded.

"Alright, how about this... we pay 50/50."

Starlight chuckled. "Alright."

She took out the amount of bits that would pay for half the food. Chrysalis did the same.

"It was nice to get to know you," said Chrysalis as she and Starlight got off their seats. "We should do this again."

"Absolutely," Starlight replied.


At the arcade...


So... Cozy didn't lose. She was still going. Although it was disappointing that a large crowd didn't group, a few ponies and creatures that passed would wish Cozy good luck when they were told on what was happening. I guess they played this game as well.

The score was going up, and Cozy was on her last life.

"You got this..." I muttered.

"Don't distract me!" Cozy warned.

She was nearing the goal.

I was shifting between watching the score and watching Cozy's gameplay.

And then, when I looked at Cozy's gameplay, something happened.

Her sprite did something that it was not supposed to do.

And the words Game Over flashed on the screen.

I looked at the score.

975360

Cozy won by ten points.

"You won!" I exclaimed.

"I did it!" Cozy shrieked.

We bumped hooves.


Minutes later...

We walked out of the arcade.

"Would you consider that a short visit?" I asked.

"Depends on the point of view," Cozy shrugged.

"Hey... I'm proud of you, kid."

"Thanks."

We talked, resuming our trek through town. Soon, the castle came into view.

"Hey!" a voice yelled.

We turned our heads. Chrysalis was nearby. We waved back, and she ran over to us.

"How was the arcade?"

"Good," said Cozy. "I got a very high-score on one of the games."

"Really? Nice."

"How was lunch?" I asked.

"Interesting. We've learned plenty about each-other."

"Looks like we've both had activities that played out well in the end," said Cozy.

We advanced closer to the castle.

"I wonder how Tirek's doing..." I say.

Just then, the doors bursts open, and Tirek dashes out. He leapt off the stairs and landed on the ground. He dashed right for us, and we all were suddenly encased in an orange glow. Tirek stopped in front of us, brought us to him, bunched us together, and lifted an orange shield.

We then heard a KABOOM, and chunks of the castle burst out the side, and a few small chunks flew out the door as well.

"What... happened?" Chrysalis asked.


Inside...


We all stood in the kitchen... or what was left of it. A large gaping hole was where the stove was, and junk was scattered everywhere.

"So... you were trying to cook for us?" inquired Chrysalis. I couldn't tell if she was angry or shocked.

"Mhm..." Tirek nods.

"What... what were you trying to cook?" Cozy sputtered.

Tirek chuckled.

"Stew... and casserole."

We were silent.

"Dear Celestia..." I muttered.

"So... should we sleep here?" Cozy questioned.

"I... don't even know..." Chrysalis shook her head. "It's going to take a large construction team to repair this, if they are even able to. Who knows if it's irreplaceable? At least there isn't damage in any other rooms..."

"Well... let me say this... I've definitely learned something today," admitted Tirek.

"What's that?" I ask.

"That I... am a very bad cook."

Our frowns faded and we all laughed.

Tirek wiped a tear from his eye. "Anyway... I'm truly sorry."

"Oh, it's fine," Chrysalis assured. "You were just trying to be thoughtful. Though it's going to have to be a rule that you don't cook anymore."

"Oh I agree!"

We were silent again.

"Oh, by the way, I think there are some things I need to tell you about Starlight Glimmer," Chrysalis piped.

We all looked at her.

Author's Note:

So... I got the idea of Tirek being an awful cook from a fanfiction that I recommend. Credits to them for that idea.

This is the link to the story: https://www.fimfiction.net/story/455529/scenes-from-a-life-post-villainy

Also, shortest chapter in the series!!! I wished I could have made it longer, but I guess last episode makes up for this. Also I get today is a Monday, but I am not making you folks wait for this Saturday.

Cast:
Leo...........................................Himself
Chrysalis.................................Kathleen Barr
Cozy Glow...............................Sunni Westbrook
Tirek.........................................Mark Acheson
Starlight Glimmer...................Kelley Sheridan

WANT TO CHECK OUT MORE OF MY CONTENT? CLICK HERE: https://www.fimfiction.net/user/345991/CartoonopolisAdventures/stories

Feel free to make theories on what will happen. And always let the Brony or Pegasister within conquer your creativity.