• Published 1st May 2020
  • 2,591 Views, 259 Comments

My Little Pony: The Days of New Equestria (Season 1) - ScorchingFlamesInc



Chrysalis, Tirek, and Cozy Glow, are now reformed. Leo, a former human from Earth, is now an alicorn trapped in Equestria. While these four live their new lives, an evil legendary ram will stop an nothing to bring utter conquest.

  • ...
17
 259
 2,591

Episode 3: Crush Currency

I opened the doors to the Cutie Map room, and already saw Chrysalis, Cozy Glow, and Tirek eating pancakes. There was an extra plate at the chair that Twilight sat at.

"Pancakes?" I spoke before I sat down. "Who made these?"

"I did," Chrysalis admitted. "Thought we'd get a breakfast better than the pies in the fridge."

"Alright," I said. Using my magic, I levitated my fork, took off a piece of pancake, and put it in my mouth.

It was actually very good. Though considering Chrysalis is a reformed changeling, there's no surprise there.

"Mmm... this is very good," I say with pancake in my mouth. "Reminds me of the pancakes my Mom made back home.

"I'm glad you like them," Chrysalis smiled.

The doors then opened again and in walked three unicorns... each of them familiar. A mare with a purple coat and a darker purple mane with a blue streak. Another mare with a blue coat and a mane that was a white-blue. And a stallion with an orange coat, though he had a white-ish color on his hooves and the bridge of his muzzle. He also had a darker orange mane and a long beard of the same color. Each of the ponies wore an interesting type of clothing.

I recognized them immediatly... Starlight, Trixie, and Sunburst! Upon sight of me, all of them stopped.

"Is that a... colt alicorn?" Sunburst pointed at me. He then lifted his glasses, which slightly slipped down his muzzle.

"My name is Leo. Nice to meet you three," I greeted. I pointed at each pony as I said their name. "Starlight... Trixie... and Sunburst!"

"How do you know our names?" Trixie asked.

"It's complicated," I shrugged.

"If I may ask..." Tirek began. "What are you three doing here?"

Starlight nervously chuckled.

"I thought you knew by now..." she said sheepishly. "The three of us live here."

The four of us had confused expressions.

"I'm sorry... what?" Cozy asked.

"In my defense, both times I encountered the two or three of you, I thought you knew," Starlight explained.

"Same for when I led Chrysalis to Starlight's office," Trixie shrugged.

"Well then how come we never saw any of you during the mornings or nights?" Chrysalis asked.

"We would either get home very late or leave very early," Sunburst explained.

"And they day I came here with Discord before the whole Grogar issue, we got home from a field trip that morning. Trixie and Sunburst returned to the school while I came here," Starlight explained.

"Well if I would have known you were here, I would of made extra pancakes," Chrysalis said.

"Don't worry," Trixe spoke. "The Great and Guideful Trixie can always wait for the most important meal of the day!"

Huh... so she still does that... does she still do it as often as she did twenty years ago?

"I'll be right back," Tirek left his spot and made his way to the exit doors.

"Where are you going?" Cozy asked while Starlight, Trixie, and Sunburst took their seats.

"Checking to see how many bits we have left," Tirek replied.

"Oh, ok."

And so Tirek left.

"Say..." I began. "Does any other pony or creature live here?"

"No. Just us three," Starlight answered. "All the school teachers have their own rooms. We insisted on living here."

"Interesting..."

"You know, we haven't really heard much details about you four," Sunburst began. "What's going on in your lives?"

"Well, I know this thing about Chrysalis..." Cozy smirked.

"What do you know about-" Chrysalis stopped herself before blushing bright red. "Oh... don't you dare!"

Cozy chuckled.

"Chrysalis has a crush on Tirek," Cozy nagged.

"No, I don't!" Chrysalis turned even more red. "I mean... I do... but it's just a crush and nothing more!"

Trixie erupted with laughter.

"Okay, that is hilarious!" she chuckled. "The former evil queen of the changeling has a crush! How can a changeling and centaur date anyway? It's silly! Dragons and ponies, I get. But giant centaurs that are way bigger than you?"

Trixie continued erupting with laughter.

"Okay, Trixie, that's enough," Starlight said. Trixie's laughter dulled down, but she still chuckled.

"Look, it's not my fault that I'm swooned by his red skin... and buldging muscles... and that deep voice..." Chrysalis trailed off and sighed.

Tirek came back into the room holding an empty bag.

"Bad news," he began. "We're out of money."

"Seriously?" I raised a brow. "We went through all that money already?"

"Where did you get that money?" asked Sunburst.

"Princess Twilight gave us a little bit of a ration to live off of while we got settled," Cozy explained. "She told us that once we ran out, a couple of us will have to get jobs."

"Do you have any openings at the school?" I asked.

"I wish we did," Starlight answered. "But you guys are already coming as students, and all of our jobs are taken."

"Right..." I put my hoof on my chin. "Well then I guess Chrysalis, Tirek, and I could go out and see what is avaliable for jobs. Cozy can come with us."

"Did you just refer to yourself with me and Chrysalis as if you are getting a job with us?" Tirek brought up.

"I'm old enough for a job. I had one back at my old home."

"I guess I wouldn't mind going out into town..." Chrysalis said, the redness missing from her face.

"Maybe if your lucky, you can work with your crush..." Cozy quietly teased.

Chrysalis blushed and groaned.


...
Intro
...



Chrysalis walked beside Tirek in the bright town of Ponyville. She wanted to be with him. It was even she who suggested that they split up into two groups of two. Mainly because she wanted to admit her feelings for Tirek to him at some point. But when she left the castle, her thoughts raced.

Maybe that school counselor is right... she thought. It's silly to think that a changeling has feelings for a creature bigger and stronger. Then again, Leo once told us that Twilight's dragon had a crush on one of her friends... which one was it again? Her name started with the letter r... Rarity, that's right! If Leo and Cozy didn't tell me her name, I wouldn't have known...

"The market Starlight told us about should be a few blocks away." Tirek looked through a large newspaper clipping. "If they let us, we can open a stand ourselves. Whatever we sell, we'll figure out."

"Y-yeah," Chrysalis stammered. "Not a bad idea."

"Are you alright?" Tirek asked, worried.

Chrysalis took a deep breath.

"Tirek, I... I..."

She gulped. What she said next was one of the many thing she'd never thought she would say to Tirek.

"...Do not think you chew your food loudly," Chrysalis gave a fake smile, while wondering in her head why she said what she just said.

Tirek and Chrysalis both stopped in each other's tracks before giving each other awkward looks.

"Riiight..." Tirek said. He then continued walking while Chrysalis facehooved.

"Stupid..." she muttered under her breath before following Tirek. "You can make clones of your enemies. You can pretend to be a princess and fool almost everypony. You can even nearly bring an end to Equestria multiple times... and yet you can't share your feelings to a centaur..."



Cozy Glow and Leo...



Cozy Glow, and I made our way down the street of Ponyville. I held a small newspaper clipping. Chrysalis and Tirek were exploring another part of the area. Maybe Chrysalis wanted to admit her feelings to Tirek? I don't know. I'm not her.

"This is my stop," I said as the movie theater came into view. "Wow. This theater looks like the ones I saw on TV back home."

"TV?" Cozy asked. "Oh, right... the black box that you watch things on. Why do you want to work at a theater anyway?"

"That was my job back home," I explained. "So I wouldn't mind keeping one thing I lost when coming here: a job at a theater."

"Oh... Well good luck," Cozy smiled.

I looked at my wings.

"We're gonna need it," I chuckled.

"Twilight solved the whole fame issue yesterday, remember?" Cozy pointed out.

"You saw some of the looks we got," I replied.

While talking, we entered the theater to pick up my application.



Chrysalis and Tirek...



Tirek and Chrysalis finally entered the marketplace and they were surrounded by multiple different looks.

The duo made their way down the street.

"Let's see..." Tirek pondered. "Starlight told us that in order to set up a stand, we would need to discuss matters with the owner of this marketplace."

Using his magic, Tirek grabbed a folded map of the marketplace from a cup that says "free maps". Tirek opened the map.

"Let's see..." he muttered. "The tent we go to is... right around the corner."

"Mm-hm..." Chrysalis stared at the ground.

"Are you ok?" Tirek asked. "You've been quiet ever since you've said that 'chewing food' thing."

"Me? I'm fine!" Chrysalis lied. "I'm just thinking about things."

"Like what?"

"Jobs. Our stand. What should we sell at our stand?"

"Hmm... that's a hard one..." Tirek scratched his chin. "I feel like the stands here are selling almost every item I have in mind."

"Do you think we can do something else other than selling?"

"Look. We can discuss it later. If we're lucky, the marketplace owner can give us some time to decide on what to do."

"Yeah..." Chrysalis muttered.



Leo and Cozy...



Cozy and I both walked out of the theater as I carried my job application in the form of rolled-up paper. The kind of paper with a peach-ish color that pretty much makes up most of the books in the library.

"The things this job offers are just like at home..." I admired. "Free food, free drinks, and free movies!"

"Yeah, yeah. You said that already," Cozy said.

"And I'll say it again: Free food, free drinks, and free movies are awesome!"

"Yeah, yeah..."

"And you'll get a job soon," I patted Cozy on the head.

"Not here," Cozy said. "I might get a job at the School of Friendship as soon as a spot opens up."

"Not a bad idea."

SPLASH!!!

Suddenly, I was soaking wet... and so was my job application! It wasn't like the paper at home... it was the peach-paper... but it was still paper! I don't know why, but the paper being lifted in my magic aura started to tear on it's own. Maybe the magic holding it is too much? How should I know? I'm no mage.

"My application!" I yelped.

I looked up.

"Oops!" I heard a voice from the window above say, before a pony I didn't recognize peeked their head out the window. "Sorry!"

I groaned.


...
...


Chrysalis and Tirek arrived at the booth, where a brown stallion with a white mane looked over a bunch of papers.

"Um... excuse me," Tirek said.

The stallion looked up and jumped.

"AGH!" he yelped. "Heh... sorry... I forgot that you two were reformed."

"Don't worry about it," Tirek shrugged.

"Anyway..." said the stallion. "What can I do for you two?"

Chrysalis overcame her unusual quietness and spoke up. "We heard that there was a rental opening for a stand. So we came to apply. You're the boss of this marketplace business, right?"

"Yes, I am," the stallion nodded. "Apply for a spot, eh? What do you have in mind."

"We actually-" Tirek stopped himself. A lightbulb appeared over his head. "More advanced technology!"

"Technology?" the stallion raised his eyebrow. "Our technology is already advancing. What sort of technology?"

"We bring it to you tomorrow!" Tirek proclaimed.

"Bring it tomorrow, show me how it works, and I'll get you two hooked up for your stand."

"Perfect! We'll see you then."

And so Tirek and Chrysalis said goodbye to the stallion and began to venture out of the marketplace.



Leo and Cozy...



"Well, at least you're lucky enough to not have your second application ruined," Cozy said as we both left the theater... again.

"Sometimes I do feel unlucky, but that's just me..." I muttered. "Oh, well. This was just a dumb moment."

"Sometimes life is filled with dumb moments," Cozy smiled.

"Yeah. Besides, it's not like something else will happen to my-"

I was cut off when a bird flew down and swipped my application.

"Seriously?" I shrieked, earning a few glares and a chuckle from Cozy. I didn't care, though.



One application retrieval later...



"Alright, now that I got my third application, we can head home," I say before looking behind me and above me to make sure I wasn't going to get unlucky again.

"Hey, how do you think Chrysalis and Tirek are doing?" Cozy asked.

"Hopefully, better than me," I replied. "Do you think Chrysalis will admit her feelings to Tirek?"

"Beats me. I've never had crushes."

"Do you think they belong together?"

"A changeling and a giant centaur dating sounds weird..." Cozy muttered. "But then again, it is possible for creatures of different types to go out."

"How do you know that?" I asked.

"I read a book on romance from the library once."

"And why would you read a book on romance? How would the library even have a book on romance on different creatures? I don't wanna know."

"I only read it because I was bored," said Cozy. "There was nothing to do that day."

"But why romance?"

"Again... I was bored and the thought to do it just came up."

"Hey, you do you," I proclaimed. "Onto yet another subject... what are you gonna do while we are out on our jobs during the weekends?"

"You can just trust me to be home alone," suggested Cozy. "If I almost brought Equestria to an end, I can handle being home alone."

"Well. you'll have to run that through with Chrysalis and Tirek. They're technically our guardians."

"Having them is better than being alone, anyway," Cozy admitted. "Hey, imagine if they got hitched."

"So we're back to the subject of changeling-centaur romance now?"

"Yup!"

"Well let me talk about your fans if we're going to do that..."



Chrysalis and Tirek...



Chrysalis and Tirek made their way through the town on their way home. Their plan was to take Leo's device... a phone, it was called... and duplicate it. They would keep duplicating the device and sell it... if it was allowed, of course.

While Tirek walked with focus on heading home, Chrysalis was locked in her head.

Okay... Chrysalis said in her head. We just need to somehow duplicate Leo's phone so I can get a job with Tirek... maybe feel his biceps... GAH! What is wrong with me? Am I easily swooned? Or does my heart desire to experience true love? Ok, Chrysalis... whatever you do... don't think of anything relating to love! But you're with Tirek! Why do I feel like my reformed life is more complicated than my former lifestyle? You know what? Maybe this will all go away if you tell Tirek your feelings for him. It can't be that hard... just the words "I have feelings for you". Yes. Perfect!

Chrysalis' eyes shifted to Tirek. She took a deep breath.

It was now or never.

"T-Tirek?" Chrysalis began.

"Yes?" Tirek replied.

"I...I..."

Chrysalis felt her heartbeat increase, and get louder witn each thump. She gulped.

"I... need to use the ladies room up ahead!"

"That's fine," Tirek shrugged.

"I promise I'll wait for you!"

And she ran off.

Tirek scratched his head.

"Is there even a bathroom up ahead?" he pondered.

...
...


Chrysalis continued running. She was panting, and covered in sweat.

She didn't notice when she passed by Cozy and Leo.

"Hey Chrysa-" was all Chrysalis could hear Cozy say before she zipped past the duo.

She only made it a block away from them before she felt her body become suddenly enveloped in rose colored magic.

"No! Don't say rose!" Chrysalis screamed at the narrator.

Jeez... sorry.

Chrysalis felt her body rotate to face Cozy and Leo as they made their was closer to them.

"What the hay is going on?" Leo asked with worry. "And where is Tirek?"

"You know of that crush I have on him?" Chrysalis brought up.

"Yeah," Cozy and I answered, both giving each other knowing smirks.

"Twice I tried to tell him my feelings..." Chrysalis admitted. "And twice I choked! He's a few blocks back, thinking I'm in the bathroom, when really, I'm just asking two ponies far younger than me about crushes! I mean, can changelings and centaurs even date? Are my feelings just stupid feelings? I mean..."

Chrysalis sighed.

"I don't even know... look at me... I was once an evil queen, who wanted to harvest love! And now, I'm a reformed ex-changeling queen. I knew love, despite only wanting it to feed on, but I thought telling my feelings to some centaur would be easy. And yet twice I failed. I even told Tirek that he doesn't chew his food loudly!"

"Even though, no offense to Tirek, he does," Cozy pointed out.

"Didn't you tell me the signs that Twilight's dragon had a crush on her friend?" Chrysalis continued. "The looks... the devotion... the little fantasies he had about saving her."

"Listen, I'm not socially smart, but I guess some crushes can be different than others," Leo explained. "Just take my advice. Relax. Breathe. And look forward to the two possibilities. Either you admit your feelings to Tirek, or the crush fades. Just rely on time."

"Last I heard, you never rely on letting time pass by," Cozy said.

"But this isn't about me," Leo brushed aside Cozy's comment. "Just trust us. As your friends, we can help you with whatever path you choose to take."

Chrysalis smiled.

"Huh... so that's what it feels like to hear that friends will be there with you..." she admired. "Feels nice?"

"You think that's nice?" Leo raised my eyebrow. "You're in for a wild ride."

Leo and Cozy both put Chrysalis down at the same time we began hearing large hoofsteps. We turned our heads and saw Tirek enter our view.

"Leo! Cozy!" Tirek waved. "How did the job-search go?"

"I got an application for the theater that opened half a year ago," Leo held the rolled-up piece of paper. "Just need to sign it, turn it in, then wait for an interview. You guys?"

"We didn't get the application," Tirek said. "I need to show the stallion in charge what we're going to sell before he considers giving us the forms."

"What do you need to sell?" Leo asked.

"Duplicates of your phone."

Leo raised a brow.

"Don't worry! We won't let there be a mix-up or anything," Tirek promised.

"There better not be..." Leo muttered. "Though I suggest you discover how to connect to the internet first."

"How does... that, work?" Cozy asked.

"I don't know. We may need to research."

While her three friends talked, Chrysalis said nothing. She looked at Tirek.

And she felt herself blush.

This is going to be a long few months... she thought.

And the group of four continued their trek back to the castle.

Author's Note:

Leo...........................................Himself
Chrysalis, Trixie......................Kathleen Barr
Cozy Glow...............................Sunni Westbrook
Tirek.........................................Mark Acheson
Starlight Glimmer...................Kelley Sheridan
Sunburst..................................Ian Hanlin
Marketplace Owner...............Unlisted
Voice........................................Unlisted


New goal... get these episodes over 4,000 words. Just imagine them as 11-minute episodes with half of the non-dialogue bits cut out. Or not.

I can already predict this story getting out of whack... I'm not always happy with the different tone this has compared to the previous two stories, but this is the best I can go with. Can you blame me?

WANT TO CHECK OUT MORE OF MY CONTENT? CLICK HERE:https://www.fimfiction.net/user/345991/CartoonopolisAdventures/stories

Feel free to make theroies on what will happen. And always let the Brony or Pegasister within conquer your creativity.