• Published 1st May 2020
  • 2,598 Views, 259 Comments

My Little Pony: The Days of New Equestria (Season 1) - ScorchingFlamesInc



Chrysalis, Tirek, and Cozy Glow, are now reformed. Leo, a former human from Earth, is now an alicorn trapped in Equestria. While these four live their new lives, an evil legendary ram will stop an nothing to bring utter conquest.

  • ...
17
 259
 2,598

Episode 6: Indoor Wars

It was a rainy day at the Ponyville Castle, and Cozy and I were both in the library. Chrysalis and Tirek were both in one of the lowest rooms of the castle, preparing for the final touches required to open their stand at the marketplace. I was slumped in a beanbag chair, getting bored of the book I was reading. Chrysalis and Tirek had my phone to make their duplicates. I still pray that they don't destroy the thing.

Cozy came up to me.

"Ugh!" she groaned. "There's nothing to do, other than reading books!"

"I know..." I mumbled. "I mean, if I had my phone, things would be more interesting."

"Don't you want to do anything else other than play your device?"

"Well..."

"Come on," said Cozy. "I want to do something."

"Like what?" I queried.

"Cards... drawing... something like that."

"I'm not usually one to play games..." I muttered. "But since I don't have my phone and I'm getting bored of this book, we can do something."

"Oh!" Cozy chirped. "What about a pillow fort?"

"A pillow fort?"

"I did say a few times that I wanted to do things a normal kid would do," Cozy explained. "Kids build pillow forts. And we have a lot of pillows here."

"I don't do forts, but I guess I could give it a try," I shrugged. "Where should we do it?"

"The biggest room, of course... the large enterance room past the doors."

I sighed.

"Alright..." I put down the book. And got off the chair. "We'll get what we need."

Cozy smiled.



One montage of collecting pillows later...



Cozy and I faced the large pile of pillows.

"Hey, I just had an idea," Cozy beamed.

"What do you have in mind?" I asked.

"Maybe instead of a fort, it could be like a warzone... small wall, and a pile of pillows to throw."

"I'm not sure..."

"Oh, come on. It will be fun, and last longer than building a fort."

I shrugged.

"Ok. If you say so."

"Perfect!" Cozy went to the pillows. "We'll give each other half of our findings..."

"I'll help."

And I came over to help collect my pile of pillows.



Chrysalis and Tirek...



Chrysalis and Tirek were both at a table, writing on clipboards while Leo's phone was nearby.

"Hey, how do you think Leo and Cozy are doing?" Chrysalis asked.

"If I had to guess, either bored out of their minds or doing something productive," Tirek said, not looking up from the clipboard. "We can check on them when we're done."

"I was thinking the same thing," Chrysalis nodded.


...
Intro...
...


I was behind a small wall of pillows, with a giant pile next to me. It felt weird that we were doing this, but it's better than just swinging them like teenage girls on television.

"This feels silly," I called to Cozy, who was across from me behind her own wall.

"Just go with it," Cozy replied. "You'll have fun. And we won't get in trouble as long as we miss the horns."

"Alright..."

But just then, Cozy caught me by surprise when she lifted a pillow and hurled it at me. It whizzed past me.

"AH!" I yelped. I picked up a pillow with my magic and threw one back at Cozy. It missed.

Then Cozy threw one and it hit my wall. And then I threw one and missed again. Then Cozy threw one...

WHUMP!!!

And it hit my face. It didn't even hurt.

"Are you ok?" Cozy called out.

I looked back at her, a playful smile on my face. "Oh, it's on!"

Back and forth, we kept on throwing pillows at each other. I know... it was weird. But I actually began to have fun. My heart would jump when the pillows hit Cozy, but she would be fine.

"Do you surrender yet?" I called to Cozy.

"Never!" Cozy playfully rebutted.

Pillows were tossed, the walls would sometimes be slightly knocked, and the room pretty much had pillows, of all things, going back and forth. When my fort was hit again and knocked off a pillow, I held a pillow as a blocker since we couldn't use our magic for shields. When holding the blocker up, I placed the knocked off pillow back on the wall.

Cozy would laughed. Again, it felt good to know that she was finally feeling like a normal kid. It was a though I had once, and a thought I'm having again.

"I gotta admit kid, I'm starting to have fun," I said.

"Me too!" Cozy lifted two pillows together and tossed them in angles where they would hit me at the same time.

I swatted them away with a pillow I picked up and tossed it to her in response.

Around five minutes into our fight, Chrysalis and Tirek came up and entered the room.

"What in the name of Celestia... or is it Twilight now?... Um... what is going on here?!" Chrysalis asked.

"Cozy and I are having a pillow war," I explained.

"A pillow war?" Tirek raised his brow.

"Yup!" Cozy nodded.

"Who's winning?" Chrysalis questioned.

"Well... I knocked down Leo's fort... so I'm doing better... meaning I have the better chance of winning," Cozy replied.

"Woah, woah, woah!" I began. "You knocked down my fort. But I'm doing well too. I think both of us have the better chance of winning."

Just then a pillow flew by and knocked a good chunk of my fort down.

"Hey! I thought we stopped playing!" I growled before throwing a pillow straight at Cozy. She ducked and blew a raspberry at me.

"This means war," I growled, no longer playful.

"Alright, you two will need to call off the game if this gets out of hoof," Chrysalis scolded. "Otherwise there will be consequences."

Tirek chuckled.

"What's so funny?" Chrysalis queried.

"Nothing it's just that..." Tirek chuckled a bit more. "You sound like somepony's mother."

"Really? Just because I wanted them to avoid causing trouble?"

"They can have fun, you know." Tirek said.

"I know that, but they need to tone it down."

"Another quote from a true mother."

"At least I look younger!" Chrysalis rebutted.

WHOOSH!!!

Chrysalis quickly dodged a pillow that whizzed past her. She gave Tirek a glare and threw a pillow back at him. It bounced off his large chest.

Tirek threw another, and it hit Chrysalis in the barrel.

The changeling and centaur glared.

Then they looked at our warzone.


...
...


Chrysalis and I sat behind an even bigger pillow fort.

I should probably tell you what happened. When Tirek threw that pillow at Chrysalis, they decided to join our game. Tirek joined Cozy and Chrysalis joined me. They also gathered more pillows and cushons for bigger walls.

Now, I thought they were both overreacting, and even undoing a bit of their character development, but I guess what's done is done. As for me and Cozy, we also have a bit of tension.

This war is no longer a game... it's pretty much just a war now. A war of... pillows, I guess.

"Hey, what about your crush on Tirek?" I asked Chrysalis, who was pacing while I sat.

"My crush has subsided. And I didn't sound like a mother. Did I sound like a mother?"

"Why do you care?"

Chrysalis opened her mouth to speak. But then closed it.

"I actually don't know. But then he thought he would be so smug and throw a pillow at me. And I threw one back. Then he threw one. So we decided that the only way to settle this was to join your game."

"Uuuummm..." I tell you, their motivations made no sense.

WHUMP!!!

A loud noise brought our attention as a pillow fell from the top of the wall. More pillows then fell from the top of the wall, nearly landing on us. A few hit the wall, causing minimal damage.

"We're under attack!" I exclaimed.

"Not for long!" Chrysalis picked up some pillows, went to a gap we made for launching pillows, and she opened fire. Tirek's fort had to be larger due to his size, so we were at a disadvantage. But when Chrysalis launched her pillows, she managed to knock a bit of the top of their fort down.



Cozy and Tirek...



A few pillows fell on Tirek's head as he launched pillows from the opening in front of his head. Cozy watched the other team from the opening close to the bottom of the wall.

A few more pillows knocked down bits of the fort.

"They are already rebuildig," Cozy said.

"Then we'll go big." Tirek backed away, bent down to his belly and began to gather up pillows. He started to group them into one ball, expanding in size as he added more pillows. Meanwhile, Cozy attempted to repair the fort while tossing more pillows.

Just seconds later, Tirek said "Alright. Here we go!"

Tirek got on his hooves. And with all his strength, he threw the large ball of pillows to the enemy wall.



Leo and Chrysalis...



"IT'S COMING RIGHT FOR US!" I bellowed as the large ball of pillows soared through the air.

"Huh?" Chrysalis looked, but it was too late. When the giant ball of pillows collided with our wall, within seconds, our area was filled with pillows. Our heads were the only things sticking out of the pile.

"GIVE UP YET?!" I heard Tirek call out.

"NEVER!" Chrysalis bellowed.

Quickly Chrysalis lit her horn and many pillows formed into a ball like the one from earlier. She hurled it, but then an orange shield manifested and the ball burst into many pillows.

"Hey! I thought spells weren't allowed for combat or defense!" I said. "Just for building."

"You cheaters!" Chrysalis shook her hoof. She lit her horn again, and within a matter of seconds, the wall was rebuilt.

"Wow..." I was amazed that Chrysalis was able to rebuild so fast.

"So he thinks he can use magic? Two can play at that game."

She lit her horn again, and some of the pillows began to swirl around before splitting into groups. The groups then each began to form the same shapes.. But instead of balls, what Chrysalis made appeared to be a bunch of ponies (or changelings. I couldn't tell), all made out of pillows.

"ATTACK!" Chrysalis yelled, before she lit her horn. The pillow-ponies all began to glow blue before they moved and charged out from behind the wall. I watched. They appeared to be flying all over the place. I heard Chrysalis come up and stand next to me. When she stood next to me, the pillow-ponies began to bash at the top of the wall, knocking off pillows.

Then, pillows glowing orange suddenly flew out from behind the enemy wall, and began to bash into the pillow-ponies, breaking Chrysalis' hold on them upon impact. They fell to the ground, emitted a red glow, and were taken to behind the enemy wall.

"They're taking our ammo!" I said.

"Two can play at that game," Chrysalis growled. "Be prepared to take whatever they throw at you."

Of course, after Chrysalis said that, Tirek and Cozy resorted to throwing pillows yet again, only this time their ammo appeared to be two pillows in one case.

"I think they are using two pillows in one case for ammo," I told Chrysalis.

"Smart," Chrysalis said as she made her way over. Quickly she used her magic and dragged the pillows behind our wall. She launched them with all her might.

For the next few minutes, it was back and forth. Pillows went this way and that way, bashing into each wall. With the best of my ability, I tried my hardest to get a perfect aim and a perfect throw.

"This is getting crazy..." I muttered, even though I was too focused on success to care.



Cozy and Tirek...



Tirek went all-out in launching his given ammunition to the enemy line. Cozy helped, launching pillows with brute strength. She knew that this was getting crazy, but she was to focused on success to care.

"This will last forever unless we do something," Cozy said.

"I have an idea," Tirek replied. The orb between his horns lit brighter, and an orange shield appeared around him, Cozy, and all the pillows surrounding them. Then, half of the pillows and cushons on the wall began to glow. The top half of the wall fell apart. Half of the pillows Tirek grabbed surrounded his fists, while others formed a chestplate on his torso. A few pillows were also brought to his horns, surrounding the points.

Cozy caught on. She lit her horn, grabbing a large bunch of pillows and cushons. She brought them to her body and somehow successfully covered most of her body in pillows. Thanks to the armor, she was now as tall as Leo.

"I'm surprised that worked..." she said.

Just then, a blue shield formed around the enemy area. A bunch of their pillow/cushon wall fell apart. Tirek and Cozy both watched as the pillows began to form armor around Chrysalis and Leo.

And the two sides stood opposite each other.


...
...


"THIS ENDS HERE!" Chrysalis erupted.

"AND WE'LL BE THE VICTOR!" Tirek claimed.

"Isn't this a bit dangerous?" Cozy asked.

"Relax, we're using pillows," reminded Tirek.

"Oh yeah..."

"CHARGE!!!" Chrysalis called before the duo suddenly charged. Tirek and Cozy immediatly took notice and charged.

Chrysalis flew around Tirek, who kept throwing pillows at her, while Cozy grabbed Leo in an attempt to tackle him.

Leo swung around, with Cozy's pillow-forehooves wrapped around his neck. Cozy kept beating Leo with a pillow, before Leo grabbed one and began to hit the filly with it as well.

As for Tirek and Chrysalis, Tirek finally managed to bring Chrysalis to the ground upon hitting her with a pillow. Chrysalis' armor fell, but then she put it back on, grabbed a few pillows, bunched them together, and hurled them at Tirek's face. It was a direct hit. Tirek and Chrysalis both growled.

Cozy was still wrapped around Leo, who finally had enough.

"Alright, enough is enough," Leo uttered before the glow on his horn went brighter.. "I should have done that when we started..."

A pillow suddenly flew and knocked Leo in the head. The pillow armor nearly fell off, but Leo was quick enough to put it back on. He glared at Cozy, who held a pillow with her magic.

Chrysalis kept zig-zagging around Tirek, both releasing onslaughts of pillows at each other. Tirek didn't hit Chrysalis once, but Chrysalis was more successful.

Leo and Cozy kept swinging their pillow-arms at each other while Chrysalis and Tirek kept throwing pillows at each other. Again, Chrysalis was hit with a pillow and fell, losing her pillow armor. But before she put it back on, Chrysalis was picked up by Tirek. Chrysalis scowled, before a pillow flew up from to Tirek's face. The pillow slapped Tirek's face a couple times, all impacts hard enough for the glow around his horns to fade after the last hit. Chrysalis fell, along with the pillows covering Tirek.

Lighting his horn and using his magic, Leo began to twirl Cozy around in the air, causing her to become dizzy. The red glow covering the pillows over Cozy faded in seconds, and when Leo dropped her, the pillows scattered all over the place. Cozy angrily frowned, before picking up Leo with her magic and tossing him. As he soared through the air, the pillows fell away from his body.

Chrysalis and Tirek charged, both holding pillows and sporting their armor yet again. Leo and Cozy also put their armor back on, and charged.

When Chrysalis and Tirek met, they began hitting each other with the pillows. Leo and Cozy did the same, their battle occuring next to Chrysalis and Tirek. Feathers started to fly out of the pillows.

For thirty seconds, they kept hitting each other with the pillows they held, before slowing down and stopping, the rage disappearing from their faces.

They were silent.

Then Leo began to laugh.

"Hehe... heheheheh..."

Then Cozy began to laugh. Then Chrysalis. Then Tirek.

They all laughed, Chrysalis wiping a tear from her eye.

"Oh man... hehehehe... this is so... silly!" Cozy giggled.

"I mean, what are we even doing?" Chrysalis chuckled. "Tirek and I were both going against each other for such dumb reasons..."

"I guess this is an example of when games go to far," Tirek said. "What do you all say? Truce?"

"Truce," the rest of us agreed.

"Well, this will be a big mess to clean up," I say as I scan the room.

"Why clean?" Cozy gave a knowing smirk.



Ten minutes later...



I sipped my cold drink as I sat on a chair inside of the pillow fort we build. Using all the pillows in the room, we build one of the largest pillow forts I've ever seen.

"This definetly makes the things we were bored of earlier, interesting," Cozy said, nose deep in her spell book. Chrysalis and Tirek were nearby, playing a card game.

"Or just a place fun to hang out in," I point out before returning to my video game.

"Today was definetly an example of activities going too far," said Chrysalis.

"No matter what we say, let's not go against each other," Tirek says before placing a card.

"Agreed," Chrysalis nods. "I mean, I'm technically a mother anyway, so my reaction to what Tirek said was definetly not what I should have done." Chrysalis placed a card.

"And... I lost." Tirek put his cards down. "I'm going to check and see if it's clear out. Just because I'm curious."

"Alright. Thank you," I said as Tirek left the large enterance of the fort.

I heard Chrysalis sigh. Cozy and I brought our gazes to her and we saw her giving a dreamy glare to where Tirek exitied the fort.

"You have a crush on Tirek again, don't you?" Cozy asked.

"Some things are just strong enough to stay," Chrysalis cooed.

Cozy and I gave each other knowing glances.

Author's Note:

Cast
Leo............................................Himself
Chrysalis..................................Kathleen Barr
Cozy Glow...............................Sunni Westbrook
Tirek.........................................Mark Acheson

Count how many times the word "pillow" is used in this story, and the winner will get the description for the season finale early.

Next episode will have the return of a few more familiar faces. It will also be the first to not star all of the New Mane 4.


Link to other stories (if you want to read them. You don't have to): https://www.fimfiction.net/user/345991/CartoonopolisAdventures/stories

Feel free to make theroies on what will happen. And always let the Brony or Pegasister within conquer your creativity.