• Published 1st May 2020
  • 2,597 Views, 259 Comments

My Little Pony: The Days of New Equestria (Season 1) - ScorchingFlamesInc



Chrysalis, Tirek, and Cozy Glow, are now reformed. Leo, a former human from Earth, is now an alicorn trapped in Equestria. While these four live their new lives, an evil legendary ram will stop an nothing to bring utter conquest.

  • ...
17
 259
 2,597

Episode 16: The Storm That Casts a Shadow

It was a peaceful day today. So peaceful that Chrysalis decided that we'd all go on a walk in the Everfree Forest, and we'd also visit the Treehouse of Harmony (that was Cozy's idea, which gave Chrysalis the idea for a walk).

I was in the forest before, when I was being chased by large swamp monsters. But now that I wasn't in danger, I was able to take in my surroundings a bit better. And let me just say... this forest is creepy. Though at the same time, it wasn't too frightening. Definitely better and less creepy since it's day.

"This place is creepy..." Cozy muttered, putting my earlier thought into words.

"Well, at least we're out during the day..." I mutter. "I can't imagine what it will be like during the night."

Probably not creepy as the show perceived it to be, aside from some higher chances of encountering dangerous creatures. But then again, this was on TV. I'm living in their world right now, so it would probably be different.

"I, for one, think it's a great example of nature," Chrysalis admired, being the recently converted changeling that she is. "The last time I was here, I obviously didn't care at all."

"And the creatures?" asked Tirek, not that he was afraid, though he was clearly wanting to be informed for the sake of our safety.

"There are always exceptions," Chrysalis shrugged. "That is, when they're angry or hungry."

"Or hangry," I pointed out.

"What he said," Tirek agreed.

"So, is there going to be some place to stop for a moment?" Cozy asked. "I'm hoping to have a few of those snacks you brought."

"Actually..." Chrysalis stopped walking, so we all stopped too. "... we're already there."

In front of us, the trail kept going, though dividing the trail in two was a large patch of ground that had no trees, almost like a campsite. There were some scattered logs. I picked one up, and there was the faded image of an evil changeling on it.

I looked at Chrysalis. "You were here before, weren't you?"

Chrysalis blushed. "Maybe."

"Let's just... um..." Tirek picked up some of the logs with his magic and tossed them into the woods. "...set those aside, and eat."

Chrysalis opened her basket, and took out a blanket. None of them noticed someone unsees watching them from the distance.

"Would you call this a picnic?" they heard Leo ask, unaware of it's precense.

The figure then disappeared behind the bushes.



...
Intro
...



We all relaxed, eating our food, and talking.

"...so, if we're something that was perceived as a human's idea..." Tirek said. "Doesn't that mean we didn't exist until the idea of us came up."

"I think Equestria existed like every other place, but sometimes, the idea of existence is put in someone's head, and it's interpreted as a fictional idea," I explained. "After all, life works in many ways."

"Equestria is a place of magic..." Chrysalis agreed.

"You know, aside from the spooky vegetation, and the monsters that come out at night, I don't really mind this place," Cozy said. "Just as long as we don't come out at night."

"Sounds strange coming for you. You were pretty fearless, back then," I tell her.

"I mean, I still am..." Cozy explained. "I don't know. I've never been out here at night either. Twilight and her friends got used to this place in a matter of time. Plus, I had a bad experience with some animals, the last time I was here..."

"Yeah, you told us. You had a run-in with a bunch of..." I snickered. "...squirrels!"

"I'll admit, it's funny."

"Well, I think it's time for us to proceed..." Tirek said as we all got up.

"So I guess we'll eat the rest of the food at the Treehouse?" I ask.

Chrysalis nodded.



Treehouse of Harmony...



For the first time in my life, I saw the Treehouse of Harmony.

"Woah..." I mutter as we get closer to the very shiny structure.

"This is far different the tree..." Chrysalis whispered.

"Too bad I have to stay outside..." Tirek whined.

We all went inside (except for Tirek). None of the Young Six were there, which was fine, since that meant we had the place to ourselves. That was pretty much what we did... we looked around.

The first thing I noticed was that there were rooms. I entered one, interested at what it held. I closed the door behind me.

"This place looked a lot smaller on the outside..." I muttered, repeating one of Starlight Glimmer's quotes. I turned my head, and as if life was poking fun at me, I saw a photo of Starlight resting nicely on a shelf.

"Very funny..." I mutter.

I continued exploring. I wasn't really sure if the rooms had thin or thick walls, because I could barely hear any of what the others were doing.

Eventually, I left the room and continued exploring. In the next room, I noticed another door in that room. When I opened that door, I realized it was a back door: because it led outside.

"Interesting..." I say quietly.

I stepped further out, and even closed the door behind me. It wasn't much... just a trail. With trees surrounding it.

Though, something caught my eye.

I squinted my eyes, and looked to the left side of the trail. There was some sort of structure in the distance. And something about it looked familiar to me.

I went back to the door, and opened it.

"Chrysalis!!! I found something! Can I go check it out?!?" I called out.

"Is it safe?!" I heard the reply.

"Yeah!"

"Alright, be careful!!"

I headed off into the trail. Honestly, I find it funny that Chrysalis adopted the personality of an overprotective mom. And besides, I'm not Cozy's age. Though then again, Cozy's done a lot more crazy things that I did.

It didn't take as long as I thought it would to reach the structure, though it was probably because I picked up speed on my way. When I approached it, my confirmation on what this structure was became official.

It was a ship. Not like a yacht or a pirate ship, but it kind of looked like an airship. A very familiar one... It looked like the manner it was placed wasn't meant to be the way it currently was. What I remembered about this ship was that it had sort of a rounded bottom, and a huge... I don't know what it's called... an upside-down shark fin. But this wasn't the case. It looked like an eighth of the bottom was buried along with the fin underneath. The real giveaway, however, was the colors... purple and black!

"Who are you?" I heard a voice say.

I jumped, slightly startled, and looked behind me.

I saw a figure approach me, though not too cautiously.

Should have seen this coming... I think.



...
...



I recognized this pony. She was unmistakable.

"Wait... I've heard of you..." she said. "You and the others. I've heard it all."

"You have?" I ask.

"Just because I live in this forest doesn't mean I don't get news. I admit, I was surprised to learn that there was an alicorn stallion in Equestria."

The pony started forward and I watched her walk past me. I turned around.

"Well... you know who I am... sort of... but who are you?"

I already knew the answer, but I didn't want her to know that. Not yet.

She turned around again.

"Tempest Shadow..." her mouth cracked into a smile. Which was a relief. I wouldn't want some depressed mood with a hardened personality be her life. "Pleased to meet you."

I guess she still prefers the less goofy name. Can't say I blame her.

"Name's Leo," I nod. "And likewise."

In all my life, I never thought I'd say that.

Tempest nudged her head to the ship.

"Do you want to come in?"

"Well, I came with others..." I say.

"Oh. The three-"

"Yep," I nod.

"What are they like?" asked Tempest.

"Hmmm... think of what they'd be like in a parallel universe with a very very slight bit of their past personality. I know you've never met them, but it's the best I can think of."

"I see... well, it was nice to meet you. You should probably get back to them."

Tempest turned and continued walking to the ship. I stood there in thought.

Would it really be a bad idea if I explored Tempest's ship with her?

I mean, Chrysalis didn't really give me a specific time to come back. As long as I was safe, she was fine with it (I know, right?).

So, I changed my mind.

"Hey!" I called out.

Tempest turned her head.

"Wait up!" I started forward.



Meanwhile...



Grogar watched though his crystal ball. For a while, just like before he sent Sombra, he didn't do anything. He wanted there to be the perfect moment. And although the alicorn he was watching is currently with someone, Grogar knew he had to take action.

He knew the Storm King's story. All of it. So if he was correct, the desire for vengeance against the other broken-horned unicorn may prove useful. Especially with the Storm King's new power.

"Storm King!!!" Grogar called out.

The Storm King, moments later, walked into the room.

"What is it?!" he groaned. Although the Storm King appreciated Grogar and his plans, lately, he started to miss being in charge. Especially since he had it all.

"I have a mission for you," Grogar explained. "You're going to retrieve the items that Sombra foolishly failed to bring back."

"And why me, at this very moment?"

"Look into the ball," Grogar ordered.

The Storm King rolled his eyes and looked. There, he saw the alicorn who has been with the former villains the whole time. However, there was somepony else... a broken-horned unicorn he knew too well. Both of them appeared to have entered a ship, the large entrance closing behind them.

"I remember her..." he growled.

"Yes, and I know the story..." Grogar spoke. "She was your second-in-command, and then right when you had Equestria in your clutches, she led to your downfall."

"Well, I did betray her first and told her I wasn't going to restore her horn..."

"But she still could have admitted lost hope," Grogar stated. "She could have just let Equestria crumble into ashes. Even if Twilight Sparkle took part in her bringing upon your defeat, a choice is still a choice, and it was hers..."

The Storm King turned around, his claws clenching tightly, light blue sparks of magic swirling around. He felt the magic given to him by Grogar begin to charge with his vengeance.

"Yeah..." The Storm King opened his claws and brought them up, meeting his gaze. "...you're right!"

The Storm King growled with fury, as he hurled a blue ball of magic, which burst against a wall. Pieces of the wall flew all over the place, and a hole was left in place.

Grogar grinned. Even his lair now had a hole where it wasn't supposed to be, that will be something to deal with later. What currently matters now is the fact that the Storm King got the encouragement he needed to go out. And maybe take revenge.

After all, the Storm King has new immense power, and he'll be going against a broken-horned unicorn. Surprisingly, Grogar isn't worrying to much about the alicorn, partly because he didn't think he'd be too good at combat, in spite of training with three of Equestria's former foes.

"So?" Grogar's smile stayed. "Are you up for the task?"

The Storm King turned around. He raised his arm yet again, his claws in a position as if to snap.

"I'll be back..." he hissed, grinning as well.

He snapped his claws and disappeared.



Leo and Tempest... minutes later...



You would think that Tempest would resort to a cabin or something when she lays low. Though I find it smart and time-saving to use your former ship as a home. It was pretty neat and tidy, too.

As I suspected, the bottom of the ship was put into the ground, so it could be a permanent home. However, there's more. Tempest doesn't use the usual entrance, which is one of those doors that open and a ramp comes down. Instead, she and some others carved an entrance and put on a door, which makes sense, because the door with the ramp would not function as well.

And when I went inside, there were things that you would never find in these kinds of ships. It felt weird seeing average household items in rooms big enough for large guards (hint, hint... Storm Guards).

Come to think of it, did this ship even have as much walls or rooms as it has now?

"So... anyone here, or is it just you?" I asked.

"It's just me," Tempest admitted. "There were others, but they aren't here too often. A majority of them work as Princess Twilight's backup guards, and they reside in a town called Kludgetown. There was one that wasn't a guard, but he insisted on a 'me-time vacay', as he calls it."

Well, I guess that means no Grubber... at least for now.

"That's interesting..." I mutter.

I continued poking around.

"So... what's your story?" Tempest asked. "I mean, I do know you on some level... living with those former villains. But before that... it's like you showed up out of nowhere."

I sighed.

"I mean... I basically did. I don't even belong here. This isn't even my body. I mean, it sort of is, but..."

"Hold up..." Tempest held up a hoof.

I went quiet. But then I heard it... the sound of footsteps.

"It... may be Tirek?" I ask, unsure.

"I don't think so... It sounds like it's from something-"

CRRRREEEEEAAAAAAAK

The loud sound of squeaking metal, as if something was being forced open, was as loud as a firework. Our ears folded down, as it wasn't a pleasant sound to listen to. It sounded like it came from the original opening to the ship... which was in the room we were currently in!

The large door was being pulled down, and I noticed a blue aura on it. As it was pulled down, I started to make out who was doing it. I looked at Tempest, and she seemed to get an idea as well... and she looked shocked, yet I could also make out slight fury.

"We need to run," I warned.

"No..." Tempest looked at me. "We need to-"

The door was torn down. My heart jumped.

The Storm King stood a decent distance away from the opening.

"Missed me?"


...
...


I took a step back, which was probably a stupid thing. The Storm King lifted his glowing claws, and I suddenly noticed my vision go blue, before I felt my body lift into the air... which was exactly what was happening. I saw the same thing happen to Tempest in the corner of my vision. We were lifted out of the ship, and were levitating of the ground a few inches from the ship.

The Storm King just stared at us menacingly.

"H-how?" Tempest stuttered.

Just then, I felt a sharp pinch on my head.

"Ow!"

I saw a glowing blue squiggly line float over to the Storm King.

"How what?" he sneered as the hair went into a bag, and a camera came out.

"What are you doing?" I ask.

"How are you here?" Tempest continued, before the camera flashed and my retinas briefly felt sore. "And how do you... have magic?"

"It's a story that's very simple to explain..." the Storm King spoke, after he lowered the camera and removed the photo that was printed out.

I started to get worried. Not only was I being held hostage with Tempest, but the Storm King was doing something that I've seen once before.

"...Grogar remade me, and gave me power," the Storm King continued. "Power that feels far better than any lousy staff. I have a new outlook on might, and I feel like I can do more!"

In my peripheral vision, Tempest struggled.

"Of course, I knew that one of the first ponies to get revenge on would be you," the Storm King finished.

"You betrayed me, and made a promise that you didn't keep!" Tempest rebutted.

"And yet you could have chose to let it go!"

"You only wanted me until you got what you wanted. I was the least of your worries, after that."

"And lucky for you, you're not anymore..." The Storm King proceeded to lift his other arm. "Now you have a new purpose for me... to be the first, and most important, pony I exact revenge on."

He got ready to do whatever he was going to do to her, as the blue magic started to crackle on the tip of his claws, before enveloping his whole hand. I could see Tempest's pupils shrink to pinpricks, but then, she looked as if she was going to accept what was coming to her.

I looked back at the Storm King... right as a ball of ruby magic hit his head.

"Hey!" he barked.

Tempest and I fell to the ground.

"You wanna mess with them?" I heard Cozy bellow out. "You mess with us."

I heard hoofsteps as I got up and dusted myself.

"Are you ok?" Tirek asked.

"I'm fine..." I muttered. "Thanks for coming to help."

"Heed my warning," Tirek started. "One day, we won't be there to help you."

"I'll keep that in mind," I nod.

We all watched the Storm King as he got up. He lifted his glowing blue hand, and hurled a beam of magic at Tirek and I.

The bolt was fast, but Tirek was faster. He quickly lifted an orange shield, and the beam collided with the shield.


Third-pony view...


Tempest decided to take action. She took a jump toward the Storm King, and quickly tried to light her former horn. Luckily, because she's been doing this for a while, it would not take too long for the sparks and magic fireworks to fly out of the stump.

So that's what happened. Sparks immediately whizzed out of her horn, and burst right in front of the Storm King.

He growled, getting distracted from the beam that he was firing at Leo and Tirek. The beam stopped, and Tirek lowered the shield.

The Storm King was able to quickly recover, before firing a bolt at Tempest. Tempest leapt at a diagonal angle, and rolled out of the way.

The Storm King immediately felt another bolt of magic impact the back of his head. He turned his head and saw Chrysalis and Cozy Glow flying beside him.

"You know, you really need to not underestimate how many of us there are," Cozy grinned. "You wouldn't even fight back if we all attacked you at-"

Cozy was interrupted when Chrysalis was flung to the ground by The Storm King's magic. He then used his actual arm to swat Cozy to the ground.

He blasted a tree, which begun to fall... with Cozy in it's landing spot.

"GAH!" Cozy yelped.

But before the tree hit the ground, she felt something impact her, and she landed on her side a mere few inches from the tree. She looked up, and saw Tempest above her.

"Thanks," Cozy smiled.

Tempest got off of Cozy. "Don't mention it..." she smiled.

They both then heard a loud pounding. They looked. Tirek and Leo were together, in separate forcefields. Chrysalis was by herself, under a forcefield of her own.

Cozy fired a third bolt at the Storm King, intending to do actual damage instead of just stunning him. But a shield manifested around him, making the beam burst on impact.

"Quick!" Tempest yelled. "Leap!"

Tempest and Cozy both took a leap, but the delay for Cozy caused her to get trapped in a forcefield.

"I guess you can't attack me at once now..." he snarled.

Tempest backed away, but then she got an idea...one that was risky, considering the shields weren't far from the Storm King, but not very close either. However, Tempest took a risk many years ago, and she got out alive. She's no Earth Pony, but she's trained her agility many times.

"You want me?" she moved her back leg back, ready. "Come and get me..."

She ran for the Storm King. For every bolt fired, big or small, she successfully dodged them. She did a backflip, she ducked, she jumped, she went off to the side, and even did a circle around the Storm King, closing in.

And after one of the bolts, Tempest leapt onto the Storm King's torso, her hooves clutching him as tight as she could.

"What are you-" the Storm King started to say.

But he was cut off when Tempest lit her broken horn again, and fireworks started to erupt.

The Storm King shrieked, his eyes squeezing shut.

"ARGH!!! I CAN'T SEE!!!"

The Storm King put his glowing paws on his eyes.

Tempest looked to Chrysalis' forcefield. It started to flicker. Tempest checked the other three, and the same thing was happening.

"NOW!" Tempest shrieked.

Everyone got the message. They all charged their magic, and they all blasted their forcefields. They all shattered into the ground, and faded.

And then they took action.

When the Storm King lowered his arms and opened his eyes, tears slightly pouring out, his left arm was pulled hard, and he saw it was by Chrysalis and Cozy. The same thing happened to his right arm, and he saw it was Leo and Tirek.

His blue magic started to form again, but it was no use. When his enemies saw it, they quickly put shields around both of his claws. He was trapped!

Tempest took a triumphant step to the Storm King. He looked at her with fury.

"It's over..." Tempest declared.

The Storm King did nothing for a moment. But then he looked down for a brief moment. And when he looked back at Tempest, he had an evil glare on his face.

"Not yet..." he hissed.

And just like that, the Storm King's body got covered in fizzling yellow magic, before completely fading away.

"Seriously?!" Cozy exclaimed. "He got away!"

"Well, let's look on the bright side..." Chrysalis started. "This is something we can take as a warning. We now know that we'll have to be prepared. Because not only did the Storm King get away..."

"...But it was clearly Grogar's magic that helped him..." Tirek realized. "He's back!"

Everyone looked at each other, concerned and worried.

"Well, whatever it is, you're friendship will be what beats him," Tempest encouraged. "And if you need me... I'll be happy to help!"

"Oh no..." Leo's eyes shrank, as he realized something.

"What?" Cozy asked.

"When the Storm King came here, he did something..." Leo started. "He took a picture of me... and he took a strand of my hair!"

Chrysalis reacted first. "What?!" she exclaimed.

"That's right..." I say to her. "You know what it means. And I do to. I know that you did the spell. One of the things I learned about your past actions... and now... it looks like Grogar's going to do something with it!"


In the swamp...


Grogar, King Sombra, and the Storm King, all appeared in a part of the swamp with many trees. What they had with them was a satchel... and six colored logs!

"You have both done well..." Grogar said, not grinning. "Though thanks to you, Storm King, they are now more aware that we're back."

"Well, if those other three didn't interrupt my near-victory, I may have won!"

"That doesn't matter, anyway..." Grogar groaned. "Because with this plan, if everything goes flawlessly, we can successfully enact revenge. You two! Lean the logs against the tree. I'll take care of the rest.

And so that's what was done. Sombra and the Storm King leaned the logs, while Grogar put the photos, and the hair strands that go with them, on trees. And for every photo and hair strand on the tree, Grogar used his magic to burn a symbol into the tree.

And when it was done, Sombra and the Storm King were out of the ring of trees, while Grogar stood in the middle.

"I've been researching these two spells ever since I got this idea..." Grogar sneered.

"I actually gave the idea to you," King Sombra pointed out.

Grogar ignored him. He lit his horns.

And ten yellow beams shot out. Six struck the colored logs. And four struck the trees.

When the deed was done, the logs started to glow white, and started to change form. And the trees around Grogar began to crumble.

"Rise, my new allies... RISE!!!"

Author's Note:

I considered having this episode take place in fall, but since The Dusk of Troubled Views takes place in the summer, that would be inconsistent. So sadly, there will be no Christmas-themed episode for a while. I don't think we'll get one until next year. My best bet would be a bonus Christmas special that would occur in season 2. Just like the Bonus short that will be released when this season ends, though that will not be related to the holidays.

I will post a blog on when the events take place.

Cast
Leo............................................Himself
Chrysalis..................................Kathleen Barr
Cozy Glow...............................Sunni Westbrook
Tirek.........................................Mark Acheson
Tempest Shadow...................Emily Blunt
The Storm King......................Liev Schreiber
Grogar.....................................Doc Harris
King Sombra...........................Alvin Sanders


WANT TO CHECK OUT MORE OF MY CONTENT? CLICK HERE: https://www.fimfiction.net/user/345991/CartoonopolisAdventures/stories

Feel free to make theroies on what will happen. And always let the Brony or Pegasister within conquer your creativity.