• Published 1st May 2020
  • 2,591 Views, 259 Comments

My Little Pony: The Days of New Equestria (Season 1) - ScorchingFlamesInc



Chrysalis, Tirek, and Cozy Glow, are now reformed. Leo, a former human from Earth, is now an alicorn trapped in Equestria. While these four live their new lives, an evil legendary ram will stop an nothing to bring utter conquest.

  • ...
17
 259
 2,591

Episode 4: It’s a Big World

We all sat around the cutie map table. Tirek held my phone, careful not to bust it.

"You know, when I think about it, selling phones is... not that good of an idea," I said. I usually don't say ideas are terrible, but what are you gonna do?

"What makes you say that?" Tirek raised a brow.

"Phones worked for humans because we have fingers," I say. "And what do we have here? Hooves, claws, paws, and talons."

"Look, I know it's a bad idea, but we have magic," Tirek replied. "With the right amount of magic, ponies can somehow manipulate the screen without fingers. Chrysalis and I have been both working on spells and tests to see how the screen responds to creatures when they tap on it. Those who don't get a response are marked down, and we later attempt spells to help the phone respond to what they do."

"So you've been inviting others here or..."

"Not really," Chrysalis said. "I'm a changeling, remember?"

"RIght..." I sheepishly chuckled.

"We'll also work on spells where the phone has a link to the user's mind in case the owner is an earth pony or yak... if there is a chance the yaks will try phones," Tirek said.

"Something tells me they won't," I replied.

"Speaking of which, should we try our next test?" Tirek asked Chrysalis.

"I don't see why not," answered Chrysalis, getting off her seat. "We'll be back in a bit."

"Ok," I nod. Chrysalis and Tirek left the room, leaving me and Cozy alone.

I looked over at Cozy, who was muzzle-deep in a spell book.

"You seem determined to learn about that size-spell, aren't you?" I said.

"Mmhm..." Cozy nodded.

"You haven't told me what spell you're practicing."

"It's a surprise... wait a bit," Cozy mumbled.

"Why? It's just a spell."

"It's a complicated spell."

"Fine," I shrugged. "If you don't want to tell, then don't tell."

"Well you won't have to wait," Cozy closed the book. "I'm done."

"So what do you have in mind?"

"Stand in front of me," Cozy got off her seat.

I obeyed.

"Now watch..." Cozy muttered before putting a large rock right between us.

"Ready?" she asked.

I nodded.

Cozy lit her horn and my vision became covered in a red hue. My body then began to feel the usual odd magic tingle, but it felt different compared to teleportation.

And suddenly, her magic burst.

My vision was blinding white, and I couldn't see anything. But luckily, it came back in seconds.

And my eyes shot open at the major difference I saw.

The whole room was larger, the ceiling appearing to be half a mile higher than us. I looked at the map, which was very large, along with the chairs.

"COZY?!?" I screamed. "COZY!!!"

I looked ahead. I saw Cozy a few yards away from me.

I began to gallop.

"Cozy..." I growled when we both reunited. "What did you do?"

I knew the answer, but I wanted to hear it from her.

"I was just trying to shrink the boulder with magic..." Cozy nervously said. "But when I shrunk it, I may have shrunk us as well... heh heh... whoops."


...
Intro
...


"So you wanted to show me your magic by shrinking a rock..." I muttered. "But you shrunk us too. Can you change it back?"

"Don't worry," Cozy promised. "I know of a reverse spell. Just give me a second..."

Cozy shut her eyes and grunted, but nothing happened. Her horn gave off no glow.

"I can't do magic!" she exclaimed.

I looked at the rock and pointed my horn at it. I mentally repeated the steps needed to perform the spell. I had no luck.

"I can't do magic either!" I said. "When you performed the spell, did you do something else?"

"No!" Cozy replied. "I don't know what happened. All I was trying to do was shrink a rock, but I might have performed a wrong step, resulting in us shrinking as well!"

"And our magic?"

"That, I don't know."

I groaned.

"Hey!" Cozy got my attention before she opened her wings and hovered in the air. "We can still fly. We can just go to the table and get the attention of Chrysalis and Tirek."

"And what if we get crushed?" I panicked.

"We won't get crushed if you'll listen to me."

"Right," I scoffed. "I'll listen to a kid."

"I almost ended Equestria. Twice," Cozy pointed out. "I know what I'm doing."

"But... what about flying?... I'm afraid of heights... and I still can't fly," I spoke.

"Well what else are we gonna do?" Cozy rebutted.

I sigh.

"I don't know. I wish we've practiced," I folded my ears down.

"Ok look... how about you go somewhere safe," Cozy suggested. "I'll get Chrysalis and Tirek, and as long as I know where you are, we'll be fine if I get their attention."

"But what about rats?" I sputtered.

"We don't have rats," Cozy promised. "We checked."

"And insects?"

"Checked. Don't worry. You'll be fine."

"Alright," I gave in. I turned around and saw a towering bookshelf on short stubby legs. It looked to be a few yards away (even though it wasn't really a few yards away). I recognized the bookshelf. It was delivered to us yesterday when we got home after our job hunt.

"What about the bookshelf delivered to us after our job-hunt yesterday?" I suggested. Cozy turned around to see.

"Not a bad idea..." Cozy replied. "I'll see you there."

"Yeah... see you."

Cozy turned back around, opened her wings, and flew off to go to the map.

I looked back at the shelf and gulped.

And I began my venture to the shelf. I galloped as fast as I could. It took half a minute before I finally arrived and ran under the shelf.

I stopped when I was finally under and I saw what it was like under the shelf. It wasn't much. It was a little bit dusty and I saw some dust bunnies around my size, but nothing more than that.

I turned around and peeked out of the bookshelf. I looked at the door I expected Chrysalis and Tirek to enter, before turning my focus back to the map. I couldn't see Cozy, but for a brief moment, I could make out a faint pink dot.

I then heard sudden noises, causing my stomach to jump.

I slowly turned around.

And there were two rats slightly bigger than me looking at me with curiosity.

"EEP!" I yelped. The rats reeled back, but they didn't do much else.

I guess Cozy didn't realize that there were, in fact, rats here.

"H-hey," I stammered. "Listen... I might be overreacting. I saw Equestrian mice on TV, and those mice seemed to be nice. And if those mice are nice, then rats like you must be nice too. Right? So how about I hang out here for a moment until my friend comes to get me? Does that sound okay?"

The rats looked at each other.

And then they bared their teeth at me and growled.

I shrieked.

"AAAAAAAAAAAH!"


...
...


Cozy Glow continued her flight up to the top of the map. Three quarters of the way up, her wings were starting to get tired. She was occasionally looking for a ledge along a chair to sit on and get some rest, but she knew that there were no ledges.

So the filly had no choice but to power through.

When she was finally there, her wings were sore, so landing on the table was an instant relief.

"Phew... made it!" she said to herself. "Now to... make it to the top of one of these chairs... then wait for the right time to get their attention! But I need to rest first..."

And Cozy sat down.



Leo...



"N-nice rats," I muttered, backing away.

The rats roared.

I screamed and began to gallop away, dashing out of the shelf. I heard the thumping of the rats paws as they ran after me.

"So this is what it feels like to be chased..." I muttered. "COZY!!! HELP!!!"

I continued running.



Cozy...



Cozy Glow looked at the door, expecting the arrival of Chrysalis and Tirek, but then something on the floor got her attention.

She saw two rats chasing what appeared to be a very familiar miniature green pony.

"Uh-oh..." Cozy whimpered when she saw what was happening. She opened her wings. "Don't worry! I'm coming!"

Cozy flew off of her perch on the chair and began to dash down to Leo's rescue.

She continued flying after her friend, not caring that her wings were slightly sore.



Leo...



I continued running. My strong lungs were starting to get tired, and I needed to hide. I had no time to check and see if Cozy was coming to my rescue.

I needed to find a spot to hide that could fit me, but not the rats. I turned my head left and right as I ran, my limbs getting sore.

But I then saw it... a crater in the wall that looked big enough for my whole body to fit. Out of reaction, I ran over and entered the hole... I was the perfect size. I turned around and backed my rump into the end of the hole.

The rats stopped at the entrance and tried to crawl in, but their snapping jaws were inches away from my face. They continued to snap, trying to bite at me. I tried my hardest to not get hit by drops of rat slobber.

CRASH!!!

Suddenly, the rats perched up and looked behind them before immediately running away.

My chest kept heaving up and down as I was recovering from what just transpired.

Then, a familiar filly hovered down to the front of the hole and closed her winds. She had a concerned look.

"Cozy..." I uttered. "W-what just happened?"

"Remember that wall shelf we installed?" Cozy brought up.

"Yeah... we install a lot of things."

"Well, the hole was under the wall shelf. So I flew up and pushed something off the shelf without harming the rats."

Cozy pointed her hoof to a broken bottle of quill ink on the floor, ink spreading everywhere. There was also a quill soaking in the puddle.

"Well..." I began. "It was convenient the wall shelf was above the hole."

"Yeah... but Chrysalis and Tirek might be mad we spilt ink," warned Cozy.

"They'll understand," I proclaimed.

"How about you stay in here while I attempt to communicate with our pals when they return."

"Trust me... I'm staying here," I backed further into the wall.

"Alright then," Cozy opened her wings.

"Good luck," I said.

"Thank you. Stay safe," Cozy replied before she opened her wings and flew off.



Cozy Glow...



Cozy, ignoring the slight soreness in her wings, yet again landed on the top of the chair. She opened her wing and massaged it, while keeping her eyes on the door.

It opened.

And Chrysalis and Tirek walked in. Tirek carried a phone in his giant fist while Chrysalis carried a tall glass of water.

"Another test successful," Tirek proclaimed. "If we keep up the positive test results, we could have this stand open after our first week at the School of Friendship."

"Indeed," Chrysalis sipped her water and made her way to a chair. "But the biggest challenge is figuring out the spell where the phones are linked to the minds of users that aren't able to levitate things."

Both Chrysalis and Tirek then stopped upon laying eyes on the small Cozy.

"CHRYSALIS! TIREK!" Cozy waved.

Chrysalis and Tirek made their way over to the shrunken filly perched on a chair. Cozy shook a bit due to the slight vibration from Tirek's hoofsteps. Chrysalis had to hover a few inches off the ground to see the child on the chair.

"Cozy?" Tirek said when he and Chrysalis got to the chair. "Is that you?"

"Yes!" Cozy piped.

"What... how... what happened?" Chrysalis asked.

"I tried to perform a spell," Cozy explained. "But the result was a little more different than expected... when I tried to shrink a rock, I shrunk myself, along with Leo, as well."

"Why didn't you two change back?" queried Tirek.

"Our magic was restrained. Any chance you could change us back and have our magic be accessible again?"

"Of course," Chrysalis nodded. "Where's Leo?"

"He's in a hole under that shelf," Cozy pointed to the hole under the wall-shelf.

Chrysalis and Tirek came over to the hole. Chrysalis lowered down so she could see inside of it.

Cozy watched as Chrysalis peeked into the hole and said something to Tirek. The duo then returned to Cozy.

"I'm not sure if Leo is in that hole..." Chrysalis said. "He's not in there."

"What?!" Cozy exclaimed.


...
...


"Are you sure?" Cozy asked. "Maybe that wasn't the right hole!"

"There was only one hole, and he would be calling for us," Tirek pointed out.

"So where could he be?" Cozy questioned.

"We'll look for him," Chrysalis promised.



Leo...



I don't know what happened. I was in the hole, awaiting Chrysalis and Tirek to come over and get me, before a hole opened under my hooves and I fell in. I kept on sliding on a slide in the crystal walls.

"EEEEEK!" was the only sound I made as I slipped through the slip n' slide. It felt like a water slide... only without water.

What felt like a few minutes later, I came to the end of the slide and arrived in a large room. I landed in what I discovered was a moat when I swam up to the surface.

The room I was in appeared to be a giant space, with a bunch of holes in the walls. In the middle of the room was a large slab of crystal. I swam up to that slab and crawled out of the moat.

"HELLO?!" I called out. No answer.

I then heard scuffling and noticed a detail of the room I haven't seen before... a hallway nearby, connected to the crystal floor with a bridge. I then noticed two familiar rats approach me. They stopped when they crossed the bridge and stared at me.

Then they bared their teeth again, causing my heart to jump. But then, the rats got on all fours and arched their backs, and their eyes changed to a piercing... yellow?

They started to slowly crawl closer to me, growling. I backed away.

"Easy now..." I whispered.

I stopped and turned my head, and caught sight of my hooves only centimeters from the moat.

I looked back at the rats.

And I gulped.

CRACK!!!!

I snapped my head to the noise behind me, and saw the wall starting to crack. I looked back at the rats, both beginning to back away.

I turned my head back to the wall, which began to glow blue.

CRUNCH!!!

And then the wall was torn clean off, and I saw the friendly, yet concerned face, of Chrysalis.

"CHRYSALIS!" I exclaimed. "How did you find me?"

"With the help of a feather we found on your bed, I was able to use a tracker spell to find you in a matter of minutes," explained Chrysalis.

"Great! Hey, since I can't fly and am afraid of heights, could you maybe..."

I didn't need to finish my sentence, since Chrysalis willingly grabbed me with her magic as she lit her horn.

"Thanks," I said.



Minutes later...



Cozy and I both felt the tingle of magic as Chrysalis and Tirek lit their horns and performed their spell. Not only did I feel my body grow, but I could actually feel a small surge of energy flow through my body.

When it was all over, Cozy and I examined our bodies and surroundings before embracing each other in a hug.

"Oh thank goodness we're normal..." Cozy chirped.

"Yeah..." I said before Cozy and I seperated. "So what should we do about those rats?"

"Rats?" Tirek raised his brow.

"Rats," I explained. "Twice I encountered the same pair of two rats. But the second time their eyes began to glow... yellow."

"Yellow?" Chrysalis rubbed her chin.

"Yeah, so what should we do about them?"

"I don't have a good feeling about this..." Tirek muttered. "We'll get them safely apprehended and tested for any signs of... unstable magic."

"But for now, you two need to get your rest," Chrysalis said.

"You said it," I replied. "Maybe Cozy and I can figure out what went wrong with her spell..."

"I probably got a step wrong," Cozy shrugged. "But I was sure I got it right."

"This day is definitely one of the weirdest days..." I whispered.



Meanwhile...



Grogar watched the crystal ball.

"I knew I shouldn't have mind-controlled rats..." the Father of Monsters groaned. "I had an opportunity to shrink those two and I took it. And then, when I finally had the chance to use those rats I mind-controlled a while ago, I took it. Even though they were mind-controlled long enough to the point where I had them make their own lair, they still were scared of minor things... give me a break."

"Well, you know, there's always another opportunity," the Storm King began.

"Not with rats! I'll need something else! Obviously, the castle will be searched top-to-bottom for any other uninvited guests."

"You went for a simple 'wait for an opportunity' plan," King Sombra pointed out. "You need to go with a plan that you can put into action at the right time... like what you did earlier... but there will be a higher chance of success!"

"I don't normally listen to the plans of my assistants..." Grogar scowled. "...but I'd like to hear what you have in mind."

"Oh, I don't have a plan," Sombra admitted. "But I think I found something in my room that might give you an idea..."

"You have my interest," Grogar nodded, getting off his seat and making his way to Sombra.

"Right this way," King Sombra nudged his head to the direction of a hallway.

"Stay here," Grogar ordered the Storm King.

And Sombra and Grogar both made their way to Sombra's room.

Author's Note:

Leo............................................Himself
Chrysalis..................................Kathleen Barr
Cozy Glow...............................Sunni Westbrook
Tirek.........................................Mark Acheson
Grogar.....................................Doc Harris
King Sombra...........................Alvin Sanders
The Storm King......................Liev Schreiber


WANT TO CHECK OUT MORE OF MY CONTENT? CLICK HERE: https://www.fimfiction.net/user/345991/CartoonopolisAdventures/stories

Feel free to make theroies on what will happen. And always let the Brony or Pegasister within conquer your creativity.