• Published 29th Feb 2020
  • 535 Views, 6 Comments

Abnormalities - Uzuluri



In a world where nopony is normal, three fillies dubbed the Cutie Mark Crusaders exist. The crusaders you know are humble, daring, cute and innocent. But these aren't the crusaders you know.

  • ...
 6
 535

One Cloud, Two Cloud -- THIS ISN'T WORKING HOLY SHIIII----!!!!

"I-I can't b-believe S-sweetie's sick."

"Mhm."

"S-she's never s-sick!

"Mhm."

"...a-are you i-ignoring m-me?"

"Mhm."

Scootaloo groaned as she sat down at her desk, her disgruntled companion taking the one next to her.

"Y-you g-got up o-on the wrong s-side of the bed this m-morning."

"Ah don' sleep."

"O-oh, yeah. F-forgot a-about that."

Scootaloo spun around to face the front, ignoring the constant sharp pain her front hoof had. She almost cried when Diamond Tiara walked in, especially when their eyes met.

Smugly, the pink earth pony walked up to her, "Hey there, chicken."

Scootaloo shrunk back, "P-please, n-not today."

"Say that without stuttering and I might consider it."

Scootaloo bit back tears, and saw Diamond's grin go wider, before it fell completely.

"Hey, Diamond. Exist without wearin' that dorky lil' crown of yours an' Ah might consider not rippin' yer face off."

Scootaloo stared at Apple Bloom, shocked when Diamond cautiously moved to her own desk, muttering something about it being a tiara.

"A--"

Just as Scootaloo was about to question her friend, Cheerlie walked in.

"Hello, class! Today, we will be trying something new instead of our normal lessons!"


If Scootaloo didn't want to cry before, she did now. She couldn't understand how insane her teacher was.

"...now if you get stuck, don't panic! We will find your corpse sooner or later!"

Oh, yes, don't panic, we just had to go in pairs through one of the most dangerous caves in Equestria. Snakes, lava, Ursa Majors... and more!

She was just glad she was getting paired up with Apple Bloom. Apple Bloom would always make sure she was safe.

"So, that being said, Apple Bloom and Scootaloo, you're up first!"

"Are yer comin'?" Apple Bloom asked her, walking towards the cave.

Scootaloo nodded and followed on shaky legs.

"It'll be okay." Apple Bloom offered in a deadpan tone.

Scootaloo couldn't tell if she was being sarcastic or not.

Just agree. It's the best way with Apple Bloom. I can't say I'm scared, Apple Bloom would be so disappointed. Apple Bloom's never scared.


Apple Bloom tried to ignore how cold the cave felt. Tried to ignore Scootaloo's frantic whimpers. Tried to ignore them.

"H-hey, Apple B-bloom?" Scootaloo called out once they had been walking through the cave for about five minutes.

"Eeyup?"

"I-if you h-had to choose b-between getting o-out alive or--"

"We won' die."

Apple Bloom saw Scootaloo frown out the corner of her eye.

"T-that's not w-what I m-meant..." The pegasus muttered. Apple Bloom clearly wasn't meant to hear, so she kept silent.

They're gonna leave you sooner or later... all of them.

"Shut up..."

Scootaloo's ear perked up, "What?"

Apple Bloom bit her tounge, "Nothin', let's keep movin'."

Pathetic.

Apple Bloom knew exactly what kind of creature lurked in this cave, and she hated it.


Rainbow Dash was having a fairly normal day until she flew over a school field trip. She doesn't know why she decided to land, but assumed it had something to do with Cheerlie, the mare creeped her out.

"Oh, Rainbow Dash! How lovely to see you!" Cheerlie... well... cheered.

Rainbow gave a polite smile, "Yeah, same. So... what are these little squirts learning about?"

Cheerlie's unwavering smile continued, "Dangerous creatures!"

Rainbow did not like the sound of that at all.

"Uh huh, and what are they doing here...?"

"They're going in pairs to fight creatures!"

Rainbow blinked, "And who's in there now?"

"Well, Apple Bloom and your sister, Scootaloo."

"WHAT?!"


The pair walked in silence for a while. Apple Bloom was leading, only because Scootaloo struggled to keep up. She honestly just wanted to leave. She wanted the earth pony to say something, anything.

Scootaloo paused, Apple Bloom would never speak without needing to.

Scootaloo decided to break the silence.

"I wonder how Sweetie's doing."

"Ah'm sure she's fine."


"When I escape these mortal chains, I will continue to be so evil, I will cause chaos and darkness! I will rule Eques-"

Rarity cut her off, "Is that the stuffed ursa major toy I got you when you were three?"

Sweetie shuffled under her blanket, "HIS NAME IS LIEUTENANT SNUGGLEBUG AND HE IS SECOND IN COMMAND TO MY ARMY OF DARKNESS!"


Apple Bloom laughed slightly, "How much yer reckon Lieutenant Snugglebug has made a return?"

Scootaloo giggled, "Oh, he most d-d-definately will h-have."

A roar echoed throughout the cave.

Scootaloo felt a jolt of fear go through her, one that only worsened when she saw that Apple Bloom tensed up.

"Hide behin' that rock. Don' say a word, don't look up." The earth pony commanded, already pulling her along.

Scootaloo ducked her head the second she felt a cold presence nearby. She heard laboured breathing come from it. Gasping, rattly sounds that only worsened as it came closer. She knew she shouldn't look, but she just couldn't help herself.

She turned to look and suddenly she wasn't in the cave anymore, she was 700 feet in the air and falling, she tried to scream but nothing came out, nopony could help her. She fell and she fell and she fell. That's all she was doing. Falling, falling, falling, falling. She flapped her wings. Flap, flap, flapping. She couldn't fly. She will never fly.

"Hey!"

Scootaloo blinked and she was back in the cave, Apple Bloom was in front of her and apparently they had moved on from the rock, and the thing was gone.

"W-when did we...-"

"Ah said not to look up!"

Scootaloo recoiled, Apple Bloom's glare softened.

"Yer have no idea what that thing was, do yer?"

Scootloo shook her head numbly.

Apple Bloom sighed, "That was a Timor Viventom, more commonly known as a Mortemator. They show yer your greatest fears an' while yer vunerable they feed off yer life force. Luckily, Ah was there so that last part didn't happen to yer."

"Have you... seen them before?" Scootaloo asked, noting how her friend's eyes shrunk slightly.

"...Ah mean, there's no poin' tryna hide it, it's kinda obvious."

"Were you... scared?"

"Ah--"

"Kids!"

The pair looked up to see Rainbow Dash coming to a stop right in front of them.

"Rainbow!" Scootaloo hugged her leg.

"Are you two okay?"

Scootaloo nodded her head, "I am!"

"What about you, Apple Bloom?"

"....yeah."

"Right, let's get outta here."

Apple Bloom didn't want to admit she was scared.

Author's Note:

Here we go! Sorry for the lack of Sweetie Belle in this chapter! She seemed to have the spotlight in the last two however, and I wanted to work on the relationship between Scootaloo and Apple Bloom. As well as some forshadowing.

Also, to help you understand the personalities of some characters better, here is some songs they would sing from hamilton:

Sweetie Belle: "I know him"
Scootaloo: "Wait for it"
Apple Bloom: "The world was wide enough"
Twilight: "Non-stop"
Rainbow: "Hurricane"
Pinkie: "What'd I miss"
Applejack: "Dear Theodosia"
Fluttershy: "Helpless"
Rarity: "Satisfied"

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment