• Published 29th Feb 2020
  • 535 Views, 6 Comments

Abnormalities - Uzuluri



In a world where nopony is normal, three fillies dubbed the Cutie Mark Crusaders exist. The crusaders you know are humble, daring, cute and innocent. But these aren't the crusaders you know.

  • ...
 6
 535

Nightmare Night Part 2

"Thank Celestia, we're free!" Sweetie Belle squealed as she and the Crusaders ran down the street. Well, Sweetie Belle was anyway, Scootaloo was walking quickly and Apple Bloom was just trudging along silently.

"S-sweetie Belle... p-ponies are s-staring at us..." Scootaloo pointed out, shakily.

A group of young foals came up to Apple Bloom and started gawking at her.

"Wh-where's your costume, Apple Bloom?" A Pegasus filly questioned. She was a sweet little filly, she loved and respected everypony. And Apple Bloom decided to give her a proper answer.

"Ah dunno, this ain't scary enough fer yer, Goldy?" She growled like a wild animal and pulled her lips back so the foals saw as much of her teeth as possible.

The foals stared a moment, before screaming and running off.

"T-that wasn't v-very nice Apple Bloom..." Scootaloo pointed out.

Apple Bloom glared at her.

Scootaloo chuckled nervously and sprinted forward so she next to Sweetie Belle. The unicorn, however, was gone again in a second.

"D-don't leave me with her..." Scootaloo whimpered after her mischevious friend.

Sweetie Belle appeared infront of her, having just morphed back into pony form. She slung a hoof over Scootaloo's back and walked alongside her, "My dear friend, while your innocent mind may not be able to comprehend this, Nightmare Night is not just any normal night."

Scootaloo's usual jittery expression disappeared as it took on one of confusion, "B-but I do know th-that..."

Sweetie Belle shook her head slowly, tutting at her pegasus friend, "Scootaloo, Scootaloo, Scootaloo. I think you may have forgotten exactly who you're talking to. I am Sweetie Crystal Belle. Tonight is a night of terror, and I am going to make sure that everypony gets a first class experience."

Scootaloo's nervousness only grew as Sweetie Belle grinned, Oh no.

Sweetie Belle stopped walking and faced Apple Bloom, "Hey, AB! Wanna scare some kids into thinking Whitetail is actually the Everfree?"

Apple Bloom grinned, a action that was rare with the usually dull earth pony, "Hell, yeah."

Scootaloo just groaned and buried her head in hooves, "P-please, Apple B-bloom. Don't e-encourage her."

Sweetie Belle squealed in excitement as Apple Bloom agreed, hugging her companion. The earth pony, however, stayed silent with her eyes on the ground, smile dropping the second somepony came into physical contact with her.

Scootaloo whimpered as her two friends started walking towards Whitetail words, already discussing plans.

"Y-you guys, we d-don't have t-to..."

Sweetie whipped around, grinning, "Oh, but we do!"

Scootaloo crouched back, "W-why, though?"

Sweetie tapped a hoof against her chin, "Hmmmm, let me see..... because we can?"

"T-that i-isn't a g-good reason!"

"Sure it is! Look," Sweetie turned around, "Apple Bloom! Us doing this just because we can is a good reason right?"

"Eeyup!"

Sweetie faced Scootaloo again, "See!"

"A-apple Bloom i-isn't t-the b-best pony to g-go to for a-advice. S-she h-hasn-t g-got t-the best m-morals."

"Sure Ah do." The earth pony retorted, walking back to the pair.

"Y-you really d-don't A-AB. R-remember the d-dog incident."

Sweetie shivered, "Actually, you might be right Scootaloo."

Apple Bloom frowned, "Let's jus' go."


It took about ten minutes walking time before Sweetie decided to teleport the trio to Whitetail.

Sweetie grinned, taking in her surroundings, "They really went for it this year with the decorations, huh?"

Scootaloo looked at one of the trees, "T-this s-seems too realistic... a-are we sure w-we're i-in W-whitetail?"

"Where else would we be?" Sweetie questioned.

Apple Bloom picked up a plant between her teeth. It let out a screech and hid under the ground. She looked to the other two, "We're in the Everfree."

Three things happened at once.

Firstly, Scootaloo imediately went into panic mode, nothing could get through to her now.

Secondly, the magic of the Everfree decided to block off her teleportation powers.

Finally, a timberwolf howled.

"And it sounds like it knows." Apple Bloom stated in her usual monotone voice.

"H-how can y-you be so calm?!"

"Ah'm actually very sacred."

"Y-you d-don't sound it!"

Sweetie grinned, "Let's kill it!"

"N-no!"

"Oh, com'on, Scoots! Live a little!"

"W-we should j-just run away!"

"Why?"

"Ah agree with Scootaloo."

Sweetie Belle paused, "What?"

Apple Bloom repeated herself, "Ah agree with Scootaloo."

Scootaloo poked Apple Bloom experimently, she then looked back to Sweetie, "She is d-definately, a-actually s-saying this."

Apple Bloom sighed, "Timberwolves are foal's play anyway. We can come back another day. Let's just leave."

Sweetie blocked off Apple Bloom as she tried to walk away, "You love fighting, AB!"

"Well, Ah don't like timberwolves. And look at Scootaloo, yer really think she could handle 'em without havin' a breakdown halfway through?"

Sweetie considered this, "Good point. Let's go."

The trio started walking before the wolves caught up to them.

"Change of plans; run!" Sweetie yelled, picking up her pace. Scootaloo and Apple Bloom were quick to follow.

"S-sweetie, y-your powers!" Scootaloo yelled forwards.

"What about them?"

"Use 'em!" Apple Bloom yelled from ahead.

"I can't! Something's blocking it!"

"W-wha-" Scootaloo's hoof got snagged on a root and she fell forward.

"Scootaloo!" Sweetie turned back towards her friend.

They met halfway, and were about to continue running before timberwolves surrounded them.

"O-oh no..." Scootaloo murmured.

Sweetie tried desperately to get her magic to do something, anything, but it didn't work.

"Oh, this was a bad idea! Scootaloo, it's been a good run!"

"W-what?! W-we w-won't die!"

Sweetie scoffed, "How do you suggest we get out of this situation then?"

"Well, t-there's App--"

"Apple Bloom? She won't come back. She wouldn't waste time on getting out alive. She'd do whatever it takes to keep her skin."

Scootaloo looked to Sweetie, then back at the ground, "S-she will c-come."

"Oh my Celes--"

Suddenly, one of the timberwolves let out a painful howl. Pieces of wood were chipped off its back and it fell to the ground in a pile of debris.

Apple Bloom growled, "Anypony else?"

The timberwolves looked at each other then darted off.

Scootaloo smiled, "I-I told y-you!"

Sweetie bit down a wave of guilt, "Yeah, I know! I was just testing to see how much faster she would kill them if she heard somepony insulting her."

Apple Bloom rolled her eyes, "Let's go find our sisters and their friends."

"Y-yeah!"

Sweetie agreed with the other two, following behind them. She tried her hardest not to smile when she noticed Apple Bloom glancing at both her and Scootaloo out the corner of her eye.

She was worried about us.

Ponies are weird.

Shut up, Sombra.

Author's Note:

I'm baaaaack! And look what I brought with me! After my two year break I decided to get into the fandom again, I do not regret it. This will ne the story I plan om updating the most, and another update will be out shortly, either today or tommorrow!

See ya soon!