• Published 26th Feb 2020
  • 967 Views, 12 Comments

The Addams Family - E Confusion



A new friendship problem is brought to Twilight and her friends, but why now, and why is this family crazy?! Plus what is to come of Pugsley's Mazurka?!

  • ...
1
 12
 967

Ep.2: The Mysterious and Spooky Guests

While Twilight took her chariot back to Canterlot castle the Addams family took their strange machine and drove it to the castle, but her friends on the other hand took the Friendship Express back, and that is when Spike had to ask.

“So~...what do you think of the Addams family?”

“THEY ARE ABSOLUTELY DREADFUL!!!” as Rarity screamed into Spike’s ear “Their attire is out of date and when we get to Canterlot I will suggest them a spa so they can freshen up!”

“Not to mention that they didn’t have space in their ‘car’ for their ‘pets’ so now we have to look after them…” as Rainbow Dash looked at Kitty.

“I can agree with Rarity here Spike, they do look a bit off, but that isn’t it. Did y'all see their children? They looked like they were deprived of everythin’. I’ll see if I can get Big Mac to deliver some of our apple pies to Canterlot, and see if the children will eat.” Applejack stated.

“Come on, the Addams family doesn’t seem bad at all. I think they're misunderstood.” Spike replied “And I don’t think the children are deprived at all. At least I hope not.”

“I can agree with Spike, they may look and seem bad, but they did say they’re home was burned to the ground. Plus I think it’s rude that we’re talking behind Twilight’s back.” as Pinkie added.

The group fell silent.

Rainbow Dash then saw that Fluttershy was grooming Kitty and Zelda “Maybe you’re right. It’s not right to judge them.”

The train stops at Canterlot and everypony leaves the train, but doing so the Addams family’s pets had also left by Fluttershy’s side. This left ponies and creatures staring at them which made the group uncomfortable. It wasn’t like they could do anything about it. The group leaves the station and then they start walking to the castle with many eyes drawing near.


Twilight stands next to the entrance of Canterlot’s castle awaiting her guest and before she knew it she hears screeching and metallic clanks drawing near, and she then saw the Addams family vehicle coming in hot. Ponies and creatures were jumping out of the way left and right, and before she knew it again, the car stopped dead in its tracks leaving marks all across Canterlot. The family exited their vehicle and walked toward Twilight’s castle. The guards looked at Twilight's expression and readyed their spears in order to protect her, but in doing so Gomez leaped in front of the spears and hoped behind them. To Gomez it was a game, but the guards took it as a sign of aggression.

“STOP!” Twilight shouted “Seize your weapons, these are our guests. They will be staying for a while...a long while.”

The guards pull back and return to their post.

“Aw why stop the fun Twilight I was just getting ready for their greetings!” Gomez stated eagerly.

“We’ll give you a proper greeting later in the castle Gomez. Now please let me show you around our living quarters.” said Twilight.

“If you insist princess… Lurch, do you mind getting our belongings?” as Gomez proceeded to stare at the guards spears.

“Lurch let my staff help you, those briefcases look cumbersome.” as Twilight signaled a team of mares to help Lurch.

In doing so the team grabbed a few briefcases and crates and brought it to the castle, but there was one crate that was three times the size of the mares. They tried to lift the crate to the best of their ability, but in doing so they just tired themselves out. Lurch then stomped up to them and the mares stared at the giant stallion that just lifted the crate like it was nothing as he took it to the castle. The guards held their amazement on Lurch’s strength, even Twilight stared a bit. Twilight guided the Addams family throughout the castle like a tour. Twilight revealed the living quarters for the family, which seemed to be scattered around the castle. When they arrived at the throne room, in it Gallus flew toward Twilight in a flash.

“Twilight where were you?! The School of Friendship has an issue and Starlight wanted to speak with you! She’s waiting in the other room.” as Gallus told Twilight the news he noticed strange individuals behind her “are these?”

“Right! Gallus I want you to meet the Addams family.” as Twilight was going to introduce each member of the family she forgot that Starlight wanted to see her. She then quickly teleported to go check in on her.

Right then and there Gallus stared at each member of the family individually, noticing their strange features. He knew that whatever they were, they were strange.

“Well if no one is going to speak up I might as well do it myself!” Grandmama exclaimed as she walked up to Gallus “Why hello there Gallus, it’s nice to meet you~” she said as she was shaking the talons of his.

Gallus noticed that her eyes were all over the place and her dress was a bit worn and torn.

“I’m Grandmama, and these two are my most devilish boys Gomez and Fester!” as she pointed out to them“This is my daughter in law Morticia, and these two are my two malicious grandchildren Wednesday and Pugsley, and I can’t forget Lurch and Thing!”

Gallus had already seen Lurch due to his size, but Thing was another story. He had trouble finding him until he felt something grab his talon once more. He glanced down and saw a grey aura and inside was a unicorn horn. Gallus quickly shook the “thing” off and it scurried back on Gomez’ shoulder. As much as Gallus wanted to leave he had to stay until Twilight returned.


A few hours go by and the rest of Twilight’s friends arrive at the castle with the Addams family pets. Spike notices that the family isn’t in the castle or so it seemed. The pets then run off into the castle. Rainbow Dash tried to stop them, but Fluttershy stomped on her tail to stop her.

“It’s alright Rainbow Dash, they aren’t going to cause trouble. They told me they were going to find their masters.” as Fluttershy explained to Rainbow Dash.

The group then hears a loud shriek cover the coradoors of the castle. This made Rainbow look at Fluttershy with a disappointed look, as they ran to the source, Applejack trailed off the group to go back to the entrance to wait for Big Mac. Rainbow was the first to make it to the source, as everypony else arrived next to her. They listened for any more sounds, but Rainbow then quickly realized the door had scratch marks all over it. The shriek was heard once more and Rainbow quickly bucked the door open only to see the giant manticore cover Starlight’s face. Starlight then chuckled begging for the manticore to stop licking her.

“I see you finally made it, we thought Kitty had you as a snack on the way here.” stated Morticia

“Oh don’t worry I bought something for Kitty on the way here. It was not a problem at all.” as Fluttershy explained to Morticia.

Rainbow Dash noticed that the rest of the family wasn’t there with her “You don’t mind if I ask but where is everypony else?”

“They're unpacking all of their belongings along with Lurch going to the Everfree forest.” Morticia stated.

“What could Lurch possibly need from the Everfree forest? Isn’t it still covered in those awful brushes and filled with cree---” Rarity caught her tongue before realizing who she was speaking to.

Starlight eventually got Kitty to stop and was wheezing with laughter along with it “I haven’t got a rush like that in a while! Phew, come on everypony, Lurch will be fine. I gave him a potion that Zecora gave to me, it’s a protection spell that will...you know...protect him.” Starlight stated.

“She’s right Rainbow, Lurch is fully capable of defending himself, and with that potion I’m sure he’s safe.” Twilight explained, “But I’m still curious, what can Lurch need from the Everfree forest? We haven’t seen anything there for a while Morticia.” asked Twilight.

“Oh don’t you worry Princess, Lurch is out there finding our other family members.” stated Morticia.

“Well Morticia darling are they a bit more...you know…’out there’?” questioned Rarity.

“You can say that, but it will be a while until Lurch will return. Anyone up for game night?” asked Morticia.

“I guess one game couldn’t hurt anypony right?” Fluttershy asked.

Morticia then told everypony to wait in the throne room while she went ahead and got her family together. Starlight eager for the little event headed straight to the throne room with the massive manticore tailing her. The group looks up to Twilight and see that she is unfazed by her guests unlike last time where she was questioning her actions a little. They eventually make it to the throne room with Starlight sitting near the west side of the walls with Kitty. Spike then realized that the guards were missing.

“Hey Twilight where are your royal guards?” Spike asked.

“They’re taking a bit of time off, they noticed that having a manticore, a vulture, and an octopus in the castle is kinda overwhelming for them. I’m pretty sure you can understand right?” asked Twilight.

“Yeah but-” Spike was then interrupted by Twilight’s question.

“Wait where is Applejack? Asked Twilight.

“Oh she went to get Big Mac, she wanted to get some food for the children. I don’t know if Big Mac got my message.” Spike explained.

Twilight looked puzzled, but before she could think straight she felt something crawl up her flank and with shock she rose from the floor and saw that Thing had arrived. With a little faint heart attack Twilight saw that Thing had brought tools of some sorts.

“Oh I know you’ll love this game Spike.” said Morticia.

“Really, why?” Spike asked.

“Why it’s Sunken Boats, I used to play this alot when I was young!” Gomez exclaimed.

“Isn’t it called Battlesh-”

“AH! It’s a legal thing.” as Gomez cuts Spike off. “Fester will not be joining us, he’s taking a bubble bath with his favorite rubber ducky.” stated Gomez.

“Oh well that's nice to know dear.” Rarity stated.

The group then hears the castle waterworks working and while they hear the water going through the pipes they also hear Fester sing to himself. The group squint and cringe at the sound of Fester singing off key the entire time. The group then hears hoof steps across the hall and see Applejack run across the throne room with an entire cart of different apple pies, tarts, juice, jam, cider, and sauce. Twilight looks at Spike seeing if he can explain the situation. Spike simply shrugs in response.

“I hope I didn’t miss anything important.” Applejack stated.

“Oh you didn’t miss anything, miss Applejack and it’s so nice that you brought snacks for everyone on game night.” Morticia happily pronounced.

“Oh I originally brought it for the kids, but I think there is enough for every pony. What game are we playing?” Applejacked asked.

“Sunken Ships.” as Pugsley was turning keys and pressing buttons on a box.

“Wait isn’t that game called Battlesh-” Applejack was cut off by Spike.

“It’s a legal thing apparently.”

Applejack shrugs in confusion but with agreement. As everyone got a few snacks they sat down on their chairs waiting for the game to start.

“Your majesty, why don’t you start off tonight's game night?” Gomez exclaimed.

“Oh, sure...what do I do? It’s been a while.” Twilight asked.

“You tell Pugsley what space you want and he’ll do the rest from there.” Morticia stated.

The entire group looked at each other in confusion, even Starlight questioned the game.

“Ok Pugsley…E5.”

Pugsley then flipped switches and pressed buttons on Twilights command. The group waited for something to happen.

“Sorry, your majesty, looks like you missed. Better luck on your next turn.” Morticia stated. “It’s your turn Pinkie Pie.”

Pinkie Pie had a shock of worry, but that worry quickly gave way to excitement and joy of playing with new ponies.

“BLOW F6!!!” Pinkie shouted.

Pugsley then again flipped switches and pressed buttons on Pinkie Pie’s command.


While everypony else was enjoying game night Fester took his time in his bubble bath playing with his favorite rubber ducky and little toy boat that he found while in the bathroom. Fester then sang "Every challenge along the way, with courage I will face! I will battle every day, to claim my rightful place! Come with me, the time is right, there's no better team! Arm in arm, we'll win the fight, It's always been our dream!" while finishing the rest of the lyrics Fester then hears little beeps. He looks around to see what it was, but then sees a little glowing dot in the tub with him. Fester then poked his head out of the tub and saw that underneath it was a pile of--


"FIRE IN HOLE!" Pugsley shouted.

Pugsley then slammed the button with all his might. Twilight and her friends wait for something to happen.

"Aw I guessed I mis--"

Pinkie was quickly cut off by the sound of little 'beeps', Twilight then saw that Pinkie's tail was twitching. Twilight took it to heart to always follow Pinkie's Pinkie sense.

"Everypony down!" Twilight threw her wings up covering everypony, including Thing.

Starlight looks at the family and back at her friends. "Come on Twilight, nothing is going to happen. Look the Addams are fine, and nothing has happened. just calm down and--"

Starlight was cut off by the sound of explosives going off above her, but instead of one explosion, multiple striked at once shaking the entire castle in the process. Then a sound of a heavy object that was falling through the floors of the castle finally entered the throne room with a collision with Starlight's name on it. She then quickly jumped out of the way to only slide across the throne room. In the mist of the rubble Starlight saw a perfectly attached tub in the middle of the throne room. Starlight then saw that Fester looked in shock while he stared at his boat sink into the tub.

"You have sunken my boat!" Fester exclaimed.

Everypony looked extremely confused. Twilight was more confused on how Fester wasn't mad or at least harmed from the little wake up call. Fester chatted with Pugsley and Wednesday and quickly turned his head toward Pinkie Pie.

"Well I gotta say miss Pie, you won! Congratulations!" Fester exclaimed.

As the Addams family congratulated Pinkie Pie, everypony else was left confused, except Starllight who saw this as a bonding moment for them.

Author's Note:

This was actually fun to type because of the sheer randomness of the chapter. I wish I ended it a bit differently, but we all can't be winners. :pinkiecrazy:

Comments ( 7 )

Twilight, I suggest you head back to where the Addams' home stood, and go talk with their neighbors. I'm pretty sure you'll get the same basic story over and over: "That family is insane!"

I can't wait to read more.

Will Lurch shock everypony with his piano playing?

Yeah, do you think the ponies from Manehattan, Cloudsdale, Appleloosa, Canterlot and Las Pegasus will react when they see the Addams Family ?

Login or register to comment