• Published 22nd Dec 2019
  • 275 Views, 3 Comments

A Sister's Love - Daughterofwisdom



Rainbow Dash's sister comes to Ponyville.

  • ...
 3
 275

Chapter 1

Author's Note:

This all takes place before Rainbow Dash becomes a Wonderbolt.

It was a peaceful day in Ponyville, and Rainbow Dash was sitting on a cloud taking a nap. All of a sudden, Derpy crashes into the cloud, a flurry of letters flying all over the place. Rainbow Dash, who was now awake, helps Derpy pick up all of the letters.

"This one is for you, Rainbow Dash," Derpy stated as she handed the letter to Dash.

Rainbow was very confused. Who would be sending her a letter? And why would they be sending her a letter?

"Thanks, Derpy."

"Bye Rainbow Dash!" Derpy shouted as she flew off.

Dear Rainbow Dash,

I know I'm probably the last pony you want to hear from, but I thought I'd let you know that I will be visiting Ponyville. I was hoping that we could talk about the past and clear things up. I know that I left without an explanation, but I want a chance to explain. See you soon!

Your sister,
Sapphire Comet

Rainbow Dash grew angry as she read the letter. Her sister is coming to Ponyville? She hasn't spoken to Sapphire Comet since she left. There was no explanation as to why she left, either. When Sapphire Comet arrives, she is so going to get earful.


Sapphire Comet was taking things out of her Wonderbolt locker as she packed for her trip to Ponyville.

"Why are you packing?" Fleetfoot, one of Sapphire's teammates asked.

"I'm going to Ponyville. It's about time I talked to my sister."

"You have a sister? Why didn't you tell us?" Fleetfoot exclaimed.

"It didn't seem important?" Sapphire Comet said hesitantly. She knew she probably should have told her team about her family, but she didn't really want to think about what had happened in the past.

"How is that not important? We told you about our families, but you didn't tell us about yours. Have you told Soarin?" Fleetfoot said to her teammate.

"No, I haven't told Soarin. I don't really want to think about my family. I haven't spoken to them since I left. There are some things I need to clear up with my little sister. I don't want to admit it, but I've missed her," Sapphire Comet stated sadly. Now that she thought about it, she probably should have told her coltfriend that she had a sister. At least she knows Soarin will forgive her for not saying anything.

"At least you want to fix things with your sister. Good luck."

"Thanks, Fleet."


When Sapphire Comet arrived in Ponyville, she noticed that there were a lot of ponies walking around the streets. Looking around, she tried to spot a rainbow mane in the crowd of ponies. When she couldn't find one, she sighed sadly. Rainbow Dash probably wouldn't want to be found.

Sapphire Comet asked many ponies about where she could find Rainbow Dash, and all of them said to head to the big castle. As she walked, she grew more anxious about seeing her little sister after so long. When she reached the castle, she realized that she had no idea what to say to Rainbow, and started to panic.

After a few minutes, she calmed down enough to knock on the big double doors. In a few seconds, a lavender colored alicorn answered the door.

"Hi! Can I help you?" said the lavender pony, who Sapphire now recognized as Princess Twilight Sparkle, the princess of friendship.

She quickly bowed, but Twilight waved her off and told her there was no need to bow, even if she is a princess.

"Do you happen to know where Rainbow Dash is?" Sapphire Comet said in a timid voice.

"I do! She's been here all day. Rainbow Dash! There is someone here to see you!" Twilight called into the castle.

Hoofsteps could be heard as somepony walked toward the door. Twilight moved aside to let the pony see who was at the door. The minute she realized who it was, she was filled with anger.

"So you're here," Rainbow Dash snarled.

"Look Rainbow, I know your mad at me, but let me explain!" Sapphire pleaded.

"Why should I? You left without an explanation. We didn't know if you were injured, or worse! Do you know how worried we were? The only reason we found out that you were still alive was when it was announced that you were a Wonderbolt! That was two years after you left!" an angered Rainbow Dash explained.

"I know I left without an explanation. That's why I came back. I want to explain why I left," Sapphire Comet stated.

"Well guess what? I don't want to hear it. You shouldn't get to leave and then come back and expect me to forgive you! You have no idea what it was like to not have my older sister to help me when I needed it. It hurt so much when I realized that you weren't coming back," Rainbow Dash said with tears in her eyes.

Sapphire Comet blew up.

"Do you know how hard it was to live with parents that didn't care about anything you did? How it didn't even occur to them that they had two daughters instead of just one? Because I do! That's what my life was like. When you were born, it was like they completely forgot about me. It was like I didn't even exist!" Sapphire Comet shouted.

Rainbow Dash backed up as if she had been smacked in the face.

Sapphire took this moment to take off. This wasn't what she had hoped. She wanted to say all of that in a calm way. She flew as fast as she could, desperately holding back her tears as she neared Wonderbolt HQ. She flew through the hallways quickly, ignoring the shocked looks she received. When Sapphire arrived at the door to her room, she quickly went inside. Now that no one could see her, she burst into tears. Her past hurt to think about, and she had just yelled at Rainbow Dash. She probably ruined any chance she had at having a good relationship with her sister.

Through her sobs, she heard a knock at the door. Comet attempted to quiet down, hoping whoever it was would go away.

"Sapphire? Are you okay?" Soarin's voice, muffled by the door, asked.

Knowing it was safe to let Soarin in, she opened the door. Her coltfriend immediately hugged her and stroked her mane, attempting to calm her down.

"What's wrong, Comet? You can tell me." Sapphire calmed down enough to tell Soarin that she has a sister. Soarin was shocked, but didn't get mad at his marefriend.

"So you tried to talk to her calmly, but she blew up in your face, which caused you to blow up in her face?"

"Pretty much," Sapphire said sadly.

"How about you go try to talk to her again tomorrow? Would it help if I went with you?" Soarin asked.

"You'd do that for me?"

"Of course I would! I would do anything for you."

"Thanks, Soarin. I'll try again tomorrow."

Comments ( 3 )

So they’re both Wonderbolts, but somehow they hadn’t seen each other in years?

9999368
This takes place before Dash makes it into the Wonderbolts.

Login or register to comment