• Published 22nd Dec 2019
  • 229 Views, 6 Comments

A Matter of Perspective - BorealStargazer



Trixie needs some help, and Lyra Heartstrings is happy to provide. Yet is it truly safe for a stage magician to team up with a pony obsessed with mysteries?

  • ...
 6
 229

Unspecified

Source: field agent Zeta

Recipient: designation "Night Sister"

Body of the message: Object "Magic" with accompanying person left for Crystal Empire from Ponyville station on schedule. Illusions of object "Trickster" continue to increase in complexity. Latest performance in Ponyville was directly related to the Moon. My assessment is, it is worth Your personal attention. Zeta, signing off.

Author's Note:

This story can be read as an indirect prequel to "The Good, The Bad and the Princess", if very, very loosely connected. It can easily be viewed as a standalone story, but if not, there is quite some time between the two.
Hope one day I'll be able to explore the connection.

Comments ( 1 )

10039063

Where it's, like, a topic that feels like it ought to be really serious and heartfelt, but it kinda pops out of nowhere and then nothing much comes of it

Probably kinda true.
I was going for a response for Pinkie's "Homecoming" remark. In my head, "homecoming" said by Pinkie is more personal (coming back to Ponyville) than coming from Trixie in the beginning (coming back to her routine shows after the "Penance Tour"). Even with Pinkie being Pinkie and throwing parties for every plausible occasion.
So Trixie's response was supposed to be... awkward. She tends to be like that in personal matters. That being said, I'm somewhat dissatisfied with how exactly this line was phrased and how it disturbs the flow. Don't know how to improve it (yet?).

On "unicorn", yeah, as an afterthought it wasn't the best pick. I tried to use it exclusively for Lyra to avoid any confusion, but probably using it was not a great idea in the first place when dealing with two unicorns at once.

Thanks for your input!

PS. Pinkie and Rainbow were a last minute addition. I was amazed by how naturally they fit in there.

Login or register to comment