• Published 14th Nov 2019
  • 472 Views, 6 Comments

Adventures in the Bermikun Triangle - Rakoon1



Dusk will embark on an adventure where he will have to lead a squad to open all the gateways that keeps a certain realm sealed, all while dealing with the bad guys that lurk around.

  • ...
2
 6
 472

The Last Guardian

In Netherwhere, Steam Forge was explaining to Skullivar how the machine would work.

“Here we have il cristallito verde and qui the vapirirum” he explained. “E con questo the fusion will be done to make la stone.”

“I have endure your babbling for long enough, Steam Forge” Skullivar said in a threatening way, with Golden Bones behind him. “Begin or I’ll use the sword on you.”

With Calabrass’ blade pointed against him, Steam thought it was better to do what Skullivar was saying and replied:

“As you wish, maestro.”

Steam Forge activated the machine and it started to release static. The window was opened and so the machine started absorbing to itself the vapirium. That vapirium was mixed inside with the green crystallite and result was a stone like the ones on Calabrass. But this one was dark and had the same symbol that was on Skullivar. Golden took it and then handed it to Skullivar, saying, while kneeling:

“The eighth stone, master Skullivar: the Eye of Netherwhere.”

“At long last…” Skullivar said, while taking the stone.

Turning to Calabrass, he proceed to insert it inside his mouth, but the talking sword refused to comply.

“Accept your destiny, Calabrass” Skullivar demanded.

It was then that, at that moment, a soldier got in and said:

“General Bones, the Chaos has been spotted on Vapir, heading this way.”

“Dusk Storm has come to open the last Waypoint” Skullivar said, turning then to Calabrass. “He will meet the last guardian instead… and foe.”

“Storm will teach a good…” Calabrass started.

However, Skullivar took advantage of that moment to insert the Eye of Netherwhere inside Calabrass mouth, preventing then the sword from spitting it out. Laughing, Skullivar told:

“You never learn when to keep your mouth shut.”

After a few moments struggling, Calabrass ended up starting to feel the effects of the stone, with his eyes becoming filled with green fire and his expression changing drastically. The cross guard had also changed, becoming dark and having a new form.

“Calabrass, give me the Eye of Netherwhere!” Skullivar ordered.

“Aye, aye” he replied, while proceed to activate it.

After that, his blade turned into a much bigger one made of a dark hard material with green highlights and spikes on the edge. Not only that, but Skullivar also changed, with his skeleton structure being turned into a strong armor-like one of the same substance as the sword and his cloak disappearing.

“Let Storm come to me” Skullivar said.

“He will have the honor of being our first victim” Callabrass added.

The Chaos started approaching Netherwhere.

“Netherwhere fortress in sight, captain” Clover informed from the mast.

Turning to Opal who was fixing the teleporter, Dusk asked:

“How much longer to fix the teleporter, Opal?”

“It’s difficult to say” she replied. “There’s a lot to work with.”

“Try to do the best you can the fastest you can” Dusk said.

“Ah, Dusk, I think it can be a little too late” Star replied from the bow, where he was with Mallet.

Dusk went there as well and saw what his brother meant, as there was a strange energy coming from Netherwhere.

“No matter what happens, we have to get Calabrass, Star” Dusk said. “He’s not just a sword. He’s one of us.”

“Of course he is” Star said. “And just because it’s too late, it doesn’t mean we can’t still get him back.”

“Calabrass sword of the legend” Mallet said. “Key to return home.”

Clover appeared there and asked Dusk:

“We’re going to win, right, buddy? We’re going to open the last Waypoint.”

“Until we fight, we haven’t lost” Dusk replied.

“That was not an answer” Clover told, unsatisfied. “Ah, we’re going to die. Well, you are… I’m already dead.”

Once they were close enough, the Sea Raiders went to the prow and gathered together around the helm. Holding it, Dusk told Chaos:

“Chaos, submarine mode.”

After summoning the glass around them, Chaos submerged, heading towards the secret entrance they used to get in Netherwhere without being detected. After returning to the surface, Dusk told to Clover:

“Clover, tell us if the coast is clear.”

“Clearing the coast, captain” Clover replied, while saluting.

He teleported to the top of the mast from where he jumped onto the fortress, while leaving behind the chain that connected him to the Chaos. He phased through its walls and looked around. Seeing no one around, he run towards the turn and also didn’t see anyone. He pretended to look around a little more, but he reached the limit of the chain and was pulled back to the Chaos. Phasing through the sails of the Chaos once he got there, he saidm in a irritated tone:

“If I ever get my body back, I’ll never where necklaces or bracelets. Ugh! Not a bone in sight, captain.”

Nodding to him, Dusk turned then to Opal and told her:

“Opal, I’m counting on you to finish fixing the teleporter.”

“And I’m counting on that you’ll be careful, Dusk” Opal told him back.

“Don’t worry about that” Dusk replied, turning then to Star and Mallet. “Let’s go take Calabrass!”

Using one of Opal’s drills, Dusk force the entrance in the fortress, using it then as a weapon, with Star following him with his horn charged with magic and Mallet with his sword ready. They started following the halls that would lead them to Skullivar’s throne room. However, there was something strange, as all the halls were empty.

“Where are the skeletons?” Mallet asked.

“Bones must be waiting for us” Star said. “It’s a trap, Dusk.”

Hiding at the corner, Dusk noticed the door that would lead them to the throne room and replied:

“It wouldn’t be the first time.”

At the Chaos, Opal was working on the teleporter until she finally ended it. Wanting now to test it, she told Clover:

“Back up, Clover. It might be dangerous.”

“Are you for real?” the little ghost asked. “I’m already a ghost. What else can happen to me?”

And so Opal pressed the button and she disappeared, with her reappearing later at the prow.

“It works!” she exclaimed, excited.

Clover teleported to her side, but then Opal teleported to the bow, with Clover following her there through teleportation.

“Oh, you’re awesome!” Clover applauded. “Hey, do you think you can teleport further than me?”

He then teleport to the furthest point he could without being dragged back to the Chaos that was somewhere on Netherwhere.

“Wow, that’s quite impressive” Opal complemented.

“Well, thanks” Clover replied.

“Ok, now I just need to make one more adjustment and it will be ready” Opal said, while opening the teleporter again to do the adjustment.

Inside, the trio approached the door, ready to any trap that Golden Bones may have prepared for them. After they were ready, they opened the door and busted inside, where Skullivar and Golden Bones were, with Dusk shouting:

“Hey, Skullivar, I came to retrieve something that belongs to me!”

“Wrong!” he replied, turning to them. “Calabrass no longer exists.”

Dusk got a little confused by that statement to which Mallet asked:

“Where Calabrass?”

Skullivar just laughed and then showed them the mind-controlled Calabrass who said:

“Ye who oppose Skullivar shall fall before the sword of Netherwhere!”

“Calabrass, it’s me, Dusk” Dusk said.

“Your time has come, Dusk… Storm” Calabrass said.

Despite the control Skullivar had over him, it was possible to see that the fact he had his best friend and comrade before him had some effect on him, in such way that caused him to regain control again.

“Dusk?” he asked. “I…”

Noticing that, Skullivar tightened Calabrass, causing him to release a painful moan and the green fire to return to the latter’s eyes, returning Skullivar’s control over him.

“No!” Dusk exclaimed.

“Run away” Steam said to them from the machine. “It’s too late.”

But Dusk ignored him and continued to talk with Calabrass:

“Come on, Cal, whatever you did, you’re stronger. Are you gonna to settle on being a talking stick to that bag of bones?”

Calabrass was really struggling against Skullivar’s control over him.

“Captain…” he said.

“Silence!” Skullivar commanded to Calabrass, opting then for another approach that caused him to address to Dusk. “Don’t tell me that with all the excitement you’ve forgotten about your quest for the last Waypoint.”

And he made a gesture to his throne, whose base opened to reveal the Vapir Waypoint, whose base was inserted on the floor.

“Or that to open the Waypoint, you must defeat its guardian?”

The way he said that could only mean one thing…

“Skullivar is last guardian?” Mallet asked.

“Okay, little brother, this is the time where you tell me you have some awful plan that somehow comes together.”

“You’ll never defeat me” Skullivar told. “You’ll never open the last Waypoint. You’ll never leave the Bermikun Triangle! You have lost!”

“Until we fight, we haven’t lost” Dusk replied to him, saying the exact same words he had said to Clover.

And so he and Mallet started heading towards Skullivar to attack him, all while being covered by Star who started shooting his magic blasts. Despite some of those blasts had some effect on Skullivar, he was able to defend them. Mallet got closed to Skullivar, but Golden Bones appeared before him and punched him, throwing against the floor.

Dusk saw their situation wasn’t very good. Despite Star could hit Skullivar with his magic blasts, they had little effect on him and they couldn’t get closed for an attack as they still had to face Golden Bones. It was then that the Golden Bones problem solved itself when Skullivar prevented his general from attacking them and told him:

“No, Storm is mine!”

He then proceeded to try to attack Dusk with Calabrass’ blade, but he was able to dodge and then slide through the floor to the other side of Skullivar and shot a blast with the drill, hitting him right on the back that was obviously painful. Skullivar turned around and tried another sword blow, but Dusk dodged again.

Mallet and Star helped Dusk, by jumping and attacking Skullivar from behind, with the alicorn prince then trying to make Skullivar trip. Despite that caused the villain to lose his balance for a moment, he quickly recovered it and released a shockwave that sent Star and Mallet back, with them hitting the machine and Mallet drop his sword.

Both Golden Bones and Skullivar then noticed Dusk running towards the Vapir Waypoint. Before that, Skullivar pointed Calabrass at him and casted a beam that hit Dusk and started raise him in the air.

“Dusk!” Star called, seeing what was happening with his brother.

He wanted to help, but that last blow had left him a little dizzy and unable to focus magic. Not only that, but skeletons entered in the room and blocked him and Mallet, while they were getting up, preventing them from interfering with the fight.

Dusk was trying to get himself free from Skullivar’s grasp, but he couldn’t do it.

“You weren’t up to the challenge, Dusk Storm” Skullivar told him, throwing then Dusk against the floor, causing him to drop the drill.

Skullivar then approached him, while laughing. Dusk hadn’t quite recovered from the fall and Skullivar was already preparing to land a final blow. It was then that, at that moment, a light immerged, coming from at the other end of the room, right behind the machine. It was then that the Chaos appeared, before everyone’s surprise. The ship then used its legs to throw the machine against Skullivar, with it even hitting the skeletons who got deassembled. Skullivar was hit as well and pushed against his throne.

“It worked!” Clover shouted from the bow. “Opal, Dusk’s over there!”

Golden Bones and the other skeletons started recovering and the former commanded:

“Forward!”

“Oh boy…” Opal said, seeing that.

And so Clover headed towards the helm and activated Chaos’ channon and he started firing against the skeletons.

“Stop him!” Golden Bones ordered.

“Shall we teach them how to do a real battle” Star asked Mallet.

He nodded and so they advanced to fight the skeletons, with Mallet recovering his sword and shouting:

“Ragnasala!”

“Enough!” Golden Bones exclaimed, ready to face them.

Skullivar recovered from the blow and got up, starting to advance while dragging Calabrass’ blade. He passed by an unconscious Dusk and started deflecting all the blasts Chaos casted against him.

Seeing Skullivar getting closer, Clover started to get more nervous and said:

“Worry up, Opal!”

Using her magic, Opal threw a rope and lassoed him, pulling him back to the Chaos. However, Skullivar grabbed one of his hooves, preventing Opal from pulling Dusk further. Before this, Clover told Chaos, while steering the helm:

“Chaos, give this buster the bust he deserves!”

Chaos then moved in a way that give more force to Opal’s pulling, rescuing Dusk from Skullivar and getting him into the Chaos. After observing him, Opal said:

“He’s okay.”

“Well, then, wake him up” Clover said, while steering Chaos. “Hurry! I don’t know how long I can keep this up.”

Chaos was going wild, stomping on the skeletons that where beneath him, but with Skullivar avoided those stomps.

Inside the Chaos, Opal thought of a way to wake Dusk up. It was then that she had an idea and so used his magic to pinch him, causing him to wake up while moaning in pain.

“Hey!”

“Don’t blame me” Opal said. “Clover was the one to say to wake you up quickly.”

“How did you get here?” Dusk asked her.

“We teleported the Chaos” she replied, while handing him the teleporter.

“You were supposed to use to get away” Dusk told.

“The Sea Raiders don’t leave anyone behind” Opal reminded.

“Wow… You’re really awesome, Opal” Dusk said.

“Yeah, yeah, hugs and rainbows…” Clover said, while steering. “But I need help here.”

Dusk then went to him and took over the helm, saying:

“Thanks, Clover. I’ll take over.”

The Chaos and Skullivar advanced to attack each other, with their blows colliding and pushing them back. With some attempted blows, the Chaos caused Skullivar to leap back and then run while preparing his blade. The blade and the Chaos collided and started measuring strengths.

Dusk was doing his best to hold on, but Skullivar was too strong. He didn’t know how long he would be able to keep things like that. The only strategy he had was to try to appeal to Calabrass once more.

“Calabrass, come on, fight it” he said. “I know you can hear me. Fight!”

As if listening to his words, Calabrass once more was able to resist Skullivar’s control and the flames on his eyes disappeared. The fact Calabrass was resisting was causing the blade to get unstable.

“Yeah, that’s it, Cal!” Dusk exclaimed. “You’re doing it!”

With his sword getting unstable, Skullivar started to be pushed back by the Chaos.

Meanwhile, Golden Bones was battling both Mallet and Star. After defending and repelling one of Mallet’s attacks, he got to deal with Star who was flying around and casting magic blasts. But avoiding his blasts and Mallet’s attacks was something hard to do and required all of his concentration. It was then he was able to knock down Mallet and so he could focus his attention on Star who, despite being still able to fly, couldn’t go too higher as he had his wings sore because of the impact from earlier.

Skullivar continued to resist the Chaos, while Calabrass was resisting Skullivar.

“They’re nothing without me” the talking sword said. “You’re living borrowed time, Storm.”

“I’ll never abandon you, Calabrass” Dusk declared. “Just fight.”

Calabrass did that, with the flaming eyes returning periodically, while saying:

“I… Dusk!”

Sensing he was losing control over Calabrass, Skullivar put everything he had and released himself from the Chaos and prepared Calabrass’ blade for another blow. Despite having Calabrass fighting him, he cease control over him enough to slam the blade against the floor and causing a major shockwave that blasted the skeletons and push back the Chaos in such way that casted Opal and Dusk overboard, with the living ship becoming pending from the edge of the window. Dusk had fallen near the Chaos and Opal had been caught just in time by Steam Forge.

“Opal, are you bene?” he asked.

“Steam… you’re here…” she said.

“Of course I am” he replied.

Star got up too, at the same time as Golden Bones. Seeing what happened and his younger brother on the floor, he called:

“Dusk… Dusk!”

But before he could do anything, he was grabbed by Golden Bones who secure him tight so that he could not escape and then advanced towards the edge of the platform where they were, while laughing.

The situation looked dire, as Skullivar approached Dusk. It was then that Calabrass said:

“Let me finish him, master.”

Dusk was crawling back, trying to keep as much distance as possible. Noticing all that, Opal said to Steam:

“Steam… Dusk… the drill…”

He looked around and noticed the drill that Dusk had dropped and understood what she meant. Gathering all the courage he had, he went to do it.

When Skullivar was too close of Dusk, Steam appeared between them, facing the villainous tyrant while holding the drill, shouting:

Non! For too long I have been a coward. I stand with Dusk Storm!”

“Then you will fall with him!” Skullivar exclaimed to him.

Golden Bones was holding Star so tight that he couldn’t move. It was then that he grabbed one of his wings and said, while laughing:

“Let’s see if you can fly after I smash your precious wings to dust. Perhaps throwing you from here will serve as a good test, don’t you think?”

At that moment, Mallet recovered his senses and, seeing his friend in danger, he got mad and so took his sword and threw it, while shouting:

“Ragnasala!”

His weapon hit Golden Bones hard, causing him to release Star who came to a secure part of the platform. The golden skeleton, on the other hand, had his hook broken by the impact, while he fell from the platform.

“Thanks, buddy” Star said. “That was too close.”

Mallet just made a slight smile, while nodding with his head.

Steam shot the drill against Skullivar, hitting him, what caused the villain to attack as well. Opal was able to push him away with her magic, while Dusk rolled over.

Grazie” Steam thanked Opal.

“You’re welcome” she replied.

“Clover!” Dusk called, seeing his ghost friend floating around. “Do something to distract Skullivar. We need to work together.”

“Aye, aye, captain” he replied.

And so he teleported to the side of Skullivar, starting to make fun of him. The evil tyrant tried to hit him, but, because Clover was a ghost, his blows didn’t land on him, especially when Clover was always teleporting and moving around. Dusk took that opportunity to get to the Chaos. Star, Mallet, Opal and Steam went to help Clover distract Skullivar, attacking him with everything they could. One of Star’s attacks was able to cause Skullivar drop Calabrass for a moment, causing Opal to cease the opportunity and try to reclaim him with her magic.

“No!” Skullivar exclaimed, grabbing Calabrass again and taking him from Opal’s magic’s hold.

Mallet threw himself against Skullivar, grabbing him. Enfuriated, the villain used his force to throw them all against the floor. When he prepared to land a blow on Star, the Chaos immerged again, while being steered by Dusk, and grabbed Skullivar with his metallic legs, starting to pull him over to the edge of the window, and then they fell over it, ending up crashing on one of the Netherwhere’s legs.

After the crash, the Chaos tried to get up, but couldn’t do it. Dusk, on the other hand, was able to stand up and he noticed Skullivar, who was lying unconscious. Calabrass was lying beside him and he said:

“Dusk, help me!”

Hearing him, Dusk run towards him. He tried to get something out of Calabrass, being able to remove the Eye of Netherwhere. This caused Calabrass’ transformation to be undone and return to his original sword form.

“Ah, thanks kid” Calabrass replied.

“I told you I wouldn’t let you down” Dusk told, while picking Calabrass up.

“That was worse than a nightmare” he said.

“You’re free now” Dusk said. “Let’s go open the last Waypoint.”

He put Calabrass back on his scabbard and then he threw way the Eye of Netherwhere as far as he could. After that, he returned to the Chaos, went to the Plank and took flight. Little did he knew that Skullivar was about to recover his senses.

From the throne room, seeing Dusk coming, Star exclaimed:

“Hurry, Dusk!”

Noticing his worry, Dusk looked down and saw Skullivar had recovered from the fall and was now climbing his way up quickly. He was able to reach the Plank and, with just one slight touch, he was able to throw Dusk out of the board, causing him to start falling into Skullivar’s grasp.

“Oh no, Dusk!” Star shouted.

“Star, catch!” Opal exclaimed, throwing him the teleporter.

As Skullivar grabbed Dusk, the latter took the teleporter with his magic and then pressed it with his hoof, causing both him and Skullivar to teleport.

“Where did they…” Star started.

“Let’s just say I was able to make a few adjustments on the teleporter’s range” Opal replied.

In fact, when Dusk, Calabrass and Skullivar reappeared, they were in Blazz, falling into a volcano.

“What witchcraft is this?!” Calabrass asked.

Knowing what he had to do, Dusk said:

“Calabrass, give me the Eye of Blazz!”

And so he transformed, starting then a fight in midair with Skullivar. When they were about to hit the lava, Dusk just moved away from Skullivar. That was because, despite Dusk being protected from the heat of the lava, Skullivar wasn’t and his body was starting to get hot.

“Do you trust me, Cal?” Dusk asked to his trusty sword.

“Always, lad” he replied.

“Calabrass, give me the Eye of Sino!” Dusk exclaimed.

And the Blazz transformation was changed into the Sino one. After that, Dusk went to grab Skullivar again and teleported again, this time getting into Sino, where he caused Skullivar to hit hard the icy land. After a few moments, Skullivar got out of the debris caused by the fall, but showed signs of damages, as his already blazed body started to freeze, causing a thermal shock. Looking at the damages he was sustaining, Skullivar looked at Dusk, furious. The latter started to run, while telling Calabrass:

“Opal adjusted the teleporter to make me teleport to the sea that corresponds to the armor I’m wearing.”

“Which means we can beat up the scallywag through all the Seven Seas” Calabrass concluded.

“To get rid of the Guardian, I have to open the Waypoint” Dusk said, while getting to a dead-end. “But this time, we’re going to do the opposite.”

“I like it!” Calabrass told. “Wait, what?”

When Skullivar arrived to his side, Dusk jumped off the cliff and said:

“Calabrass, give me the Eye of Beru!”

And so he transformed, as Skullivar, who had also jumped, arrived to his side, asking:

“You want to escape, Dusk Storm?”

“Uh, your breath?” Dusk asked. “Yes. But this isn’t an escaping. This is surfing the all Triangle on one perfect run.”

When Skullivar was about to punch Dusk, he pressed the teleporter again and teleported them both to Beru, where they fell into its waters. After that, Dusk said:

“Calabrass, give me the Eye of Dezer!”

As he changed armor yet again, Dusk teleported them again, this time to the Sea of Dezer, with them falling on its sand. Dusk jumped and hit Skullivar with Calabrass in his hammer form, with the villain defending himself with his arm. Dusk gave him a few more blows with Calabrass with such strength that caused the arm to crack.

Suddenly, Dusk changed into the Eye of Zite, while teleporting to the same sea, at the time Skullivar tried to riposte. Because of the lack of gravity in Zite, Skullivar’s punch lost power, much to his confusion. Pieces of his armor started to float away as well.

“I told you Captain Dusk Storm would smash up your bones” Calabrass told Skullivar.

As he saw his armor breaking down, Skullivar replied:

“This battle isn’t over.”

“No, I want this to last a little bit” Dusk said, preparing the teleporter again.

Skullivar advanced to get Dusk, but he change into the Eye of Aeria, teleporting them to the Sea of Storms soon after. With his armor decaying even more, Skullivar tried to attack Dusk, but he used the winds of Aeria to dodge and, after getting enough distance, Dusk prepared an attack.

“Electric Blast!”

He shot an electric attack with Calabrass that hit Skullivar hard, breaking his armor all down. The damages done were so much that even the evil tyrant couldn’t even move, as he saw his own body disintegrating.

“Gust of Wind!” Dusk exclaimed, as he casted a final blow of lightning that pushed Skullivar into a nearby tornado.

NO!” Skullivar shouted as his body was reduced to nothing more than dust.

“Say goodbye to the last Guardian!” Dusk exclaimed, turning then to Calabrass. “Do you have any strength left?”

“That trip to Blazz recharged my battery” he replied.

“Then it’s time to leave the Triangle” Dusk declared.

And so he teleported away, returning back to Vapir, where he reappeared in Skullivar’s throne room using the Eye of Vapir.

“Who feels like going home today?” he asked to his friends.

They turned around, as Chaos arrived there as well, and got very happy to see him.

“Dusk!” they all exclaimed.

They went to his side and Star asked:

“Where’s Skullivar?”

“Somewhere in Aeria” he replied. “Thanks to the teleporter Opal hacked. Thanks, Opal.”

“Don’t mention it, captain” she answered.

“What about Bones?” Dusk asked.

“Ah, Bones not going anywhere” Mallet replied, pointing then to the broken hook that was lying nearby.

“So… it’s over” Star said. “We truly won, right?”

“Looks like it” Dusk answered, as he started to approach Skullivar’s throne.

The base of the throne opened, revealing the Waypoint. Dusk took out Calabrass, turning then to his friends and asking:

“Are you guys ready?”

They all nodded. And so Dusk approached the locked on the Waypoint and, taking a deep breath, he proceeded to insert Calabrass on the lock and turn him, unlocking it. A pillar of light immerged from the Waypoint.