• Published 14th Nov 2019
  • 468 Views, 6 Comments

Adventures in the Bermikun Triangle - Rakoon1



Dusk will embark on an adventure where he will have to lead a squad to open all the gateways that keeps a certain realm sealed, all while dealing with the bad guys that lurk around.

  • ...
2
 6
 468

Trials by Fire

A few days after they opened the Sino Waypoint, the Sea Raiders returned to the Sea of Blazz. While Chaos flew over the sea of lava beneath them, Dusk and Clover were playing against Star and Mallet in a variation of buckball Dusk had come up with where they could pass the ball between themselves to pass it over the baskets that were positioned in a high position.

At that game, while Mallet was blocking Clover, Star was trying to take the ball from the Dusk. Since the two brothers had experience with the game and their skills were practically even, it was taking a while for each one of them to try something.

“Hey, Dusk!” Clover called. “Here!”

But because of Mallet’s size, it would be hard for Dusk to pass him the ball. So he decided to teleport to the other side of the deck.

“Clover a cheater!” Mallet protested.

With Clover completely alone, Star thought for a moment that Dusk could pass the ball to him. However, that little doubt caused Star to drop his guard and allow Dusk to throw the ball to the basket, making it pass through it.

“Yeah!” Dusk celebrated, while being joined by Clover, climbing to his shoulders.

“Great invention, this game!” Clover exclaimed, teleporting then to Dusk’s side. “And you made it up all by yourself.”

“I had a little help, but you could say that” Dusk said.

“Dusk, you do realize we’re from the same place and time, right?” Star asked. “Even Opal must know about buckball.”

“I don’t know if you have noticed, dear brother of mine, but this is not buckball” Dusk said. “It’s just a little variation I came up with to better pass the time.”

“Ok, point taken” Star replied.

“Hey, Opal, how are we?” Dusk asked to his engineer who was at the bow with her device.

Ignoring his question, she replied:

“The seismic activity is increasing sharply. The Blazz Waypoint can’t be far away.”

“No, I meant where were we with the score” Dusk clarified.

“Oh that…” Opal said, not so enthusiastic. “You’re tied with thirty-eight points each. You have one more game to play.”

They prepared for the game, with Dusk saying to Star and Mallet:

“Look at this way, guys. If you’re going to be beaten, at least you’re losing to the best.”

Mallet took the ball and passed it to Star who then replied to Dusk:

“I wouldn’t be so sure, little brother.”

And the game resumed with Star and Mallet with the ball. While the latter had the ball, Star moved to near the basket, while both Dusk and Clover tried to take the ball. It was then that Chaos suffered some turbulence that caused Mallet to drop the ball. Seeing it, both Star and Dusk headed to get it, but Dusk was faster to take it, but Star placed himself in front of him to prevent him from getting to the basket.

“Hey, Dusk, I’m opened!” Clover said to his teammate.

But, appearing to ignore him, Dusk was able to pass by Star and then head towards the basket to score. He jumped but it was then that he found Mallet appearing right in front of him. Because of his size, he was able to take the ball from Dusk and he went to score on his adversaries’ basket.

“And with that, Star and Mallet win” Opal proclaimed.

Star and Mallet celebrated, while hoof bumping.

“That was just luck” Dusk commented, not very pleased for losing.

“Or stategy” Star replied. “Given the choice of passing to Clover or trying to score, you always go for the shortest route. Predictable.”

“Oh yeah?” Dusk said, taking the ball again. “How’s this for predictable?”

And he tried to advance for the basket again, being able to dodge Mallet easily thanks to his size and agility.

“Well played” Calabrass congratulated.

Dusk advanced for the score and jumped to pass the ball through the basket, but a sudden turbulence caused him to fail.

“Ok, but you have to admit in a real buckball field it would have gone in.”

Suddenly, the alarm started to ring and Opal said, consulting her device:

“We have to talk about it later. We’ve arrived to the Waypoint.”

They all looked ahead and then Star said to Dusk:

“Looks like game is over. We win.”

“Not even” Dusk replied, while throwing the ball and making it pass through the basket. “I want a rematch as soon we unlock that Waypoint.”

After saying that, he went to the helm and said:

“Sea Raiders, to your stations! This one is going to get toasty!”

And they headed towards the Waypoint.

Nearby, the Demoniac was stopped, with the lava boiling with intensity. Bones was at the bridge looking through the periscope observing the Chaos. It was then that his new first-mate, a skeleton named Carver with a metal piece covering half of his face, approached and said, after saluting Bones:

“General, we cannot continue our pursue by getting any close of the volcano.”

“Clearly” Golden Bones agreed, while letting the periscope go. “Get a squad and prepare the pteros.”

Carver saluted him and then retreated to do what Bones had ordered him. After he had left, an hologram of Skullivar appeared and he said:

“Bones, the machine is ready. All that it requires is the legendary sword… and for you to succeed for a change.”

“Your confidence is inspiring, master” Golden Bones replied. “I swear, I shall wretch from Dusk Storm’s hooves myself.”

The Chaos arrived to the volcano and started to climb it with his metallic legs. Arriving to the top, they noticed that the crater was nothing but a single hole at the middle with some stone protrusions around. Before that, Calabrass said:

“There’s definitely a Waypoint somewhere in that smoking chimney. I feel as hard it colds. Like I’m going to explode.”

Those words caused Clover to get worried and step back away from Calabrass.

“It’s okay, Clover” Dusk told him. “Calabrass was forged on Blazz, so, whenever he comes here, he charges himself up to the max.”

“And you’re hundred and twenty-three per cent sure that he’s not going to go boom?” Clover asked.

“Don’t worry, Clover” Dusk reassured, while chuckling. “It’s just a figure of speech.”

Clover then approached himself to Calabrass, all while looking carefully to him. Suddenly, Calabrass shouted “Boom!” causing Clover to jump in fear and teleport away to one of the sails of the Chaos, while the talking sword laughed.

“What a lily-livered that ectoplasm is!” Calabrass exclaimed, laughing.

Clover didn’t enjoyed very much that prank of Calabrass on him, but he didn’t get time to think about it, as something caught his attention.

“Lily-livered, but eagle-eyed” he replied. “Skeletons ahoy!”

They looked and saw skeletons on pteros approaching, including Golden Bones.

“Battle stations!” Dusk told to his crew. “Chaos, hook me up with the Plank, please.”

“What madness are you planning?” Star asked Dusk, after hearing him requesting the Plank.

“I’m going to draw Bones away” Dusk replied. “You take the helm.”

And so he jumped onto the Plank and flew away.

With the skeletons approaching, Mallet took the ball and then used his sword to bat it against a skeleton, causing him and his ptero to crush.

“Mallet invented ptero-ball” he said, proudly.

“Where I come from, that is called baseball, but you go for it, big guy” Dusk said, while going to knock down one skeleton.

After he saw Golden Bones, Dusk said:

“Watch this awesome move.”

He then positioned himself at the other side of the volcano, head to head with Golden Bones.

“What game are you up to now?” Calabrass asked Dusk, not so sure about that.

“This one’s called chicken and I never lose” he replied, starting to go against Golden Bones. “Bones will bail out first.”

Bones laughed, as he also headed towards Dusk.

“Is the chicken fried or boiled?” Calabrass asked.

“Bones is a coward” Dusk told him. “He’ll chicken out.”

But Golden Bones continued advancing.

“He’s not moving!” Calabrass said, becoming worrier.

“He will” Dusk ensured.

But moments later, Dusk realized that wouldn’t happen, but it was too late. Dusk and Golden Bones burst into each other, with them and Calabrass falling from the Plank and the ptero and then into the volcano through the chimney. While Calabrass ended up in a stone platform, Duks and Golden Bones continued to fall deeper, ending up at a lower level, near the magma. Dusk tried to stand up, but he ended up passing out.

Outside, Clover was trying to see if he could find Dusk, Calabrass or Golden Bones from the crater, with his chain connecting him to the Chaos.

“Can you see him?” Dusk asked him from the helm.

“There’s too much smoke” he replied, while trying to withstand it. “Smoking is bad for you, volcano. Stop it!”

Carver and the other skeletons, after seeing their general falling, stopped, but Carver, from his ptero, ordered them:

“Don’t stand there just swinging. Surround them!”

And the skeletons continued their attack on the Chaos. Reacting to that, Opal advanced to one of the side cannons and started firing at the skeletons, with the Chaos helping with his main cannon. The shooting caused some debris to fall down the chimney and into the magma, causing the inside to shake. That caused Dusk to start wakening and then rise up.

He saw that he was on a pillar and that Golden Bones was lying on a lower level, not very far. It was then that he remembered about his trusting sword.

“Calabrass! Calabrass!”

“Up here” his voice replied.

Dusk looked up and saw his blade coming out of the platform above.

“How are we going to get out of here?” Dusk asked him.

“You’re the chicken master” he replied.

“This is no time to get snarky” Dusk told Calabrass, while looking for a way up. “And, PS, that makes no sense.”

He sled down to the lower level and then said:

“I’ll climb up to you.”

While trying to find the best route for him to climb, he approached Golden Bones, passing by him quietly to not wake him up. He found the best route and prepared to climb. But little did he know that Golden Bones was waking up. When Dusk jumped to get to a ledge, one of his back hooves was grabbed by Golden Bones. But the damages he had suffered caused him to let Dusk go, allowing the young colt to climb into the ledge.

“Come back here, Storm!” Golden Bones demanded, kneeling. “Come down and face me!”

“Sorry, Bones, but you don’t understand the life of a hero” Dusk replied, continuing to climb. “I have a sword to rescue and a Waypoint to open. No time for chitchat.”

He continued to climb, but Golden Bones wouldn’t give up that easily and so he also tried to climb to get to Dusk. However, unlike the young captain, he wasn’t so light and agile, not to mention he wasn’t at his best.

“Be careful, the water is warm around here” Dusk said, while keeping climbing. “I’m certain your skeleton buddies will find you one of these days.”

“Hurry up, captain” Calabrass told Dusk. “I can feel the Waypoint. It is really close.”

His last words echoed through the chimney and were heard by Clover.

“Oh, I heard Calabrass’ voice!” he exclaimed. “And… wind whistling through my head. Being a ghost is so weird!”

“Is… Dusk alive?” Mallet asked, while he knocked down a skeleton trying to get on board.

“I’m certain of that” Star replied. “But he won’t be for long if left alone in a volcano.”

He dodged a shot from a flying skeleton, before shooting him with his magic beams.

“Chaos, we must rescue him now” Star told to the living ship.

With him pulling Clover back, the Chaos started approaching the chimney. But Carver shot near his legs, causing Chaos to start sliding down and get big debris to fall inside the crater.

“No!” Clover shouted.

The debris ended up covering the crater, preventing anyone from getting in or out. Inside, the tremors caused Dusk’s balance to fail, but his biggest problem was the debris falling down that caused him to fall down again to where Golden Bones. Falling right at the general’s hooves, he was picked up by him who told him:

“I waited so long for this moment, Storm.”

And he placed him right above the magma, preparing to drop him. In that situation, Dusk hasted to say:

“Exactly, it would be a pity to rush things. Let’s enjoy the moment.”

“I’ll take good care of Calabrass” Golden Bones told him. “Trust me.”

It was then that Golden Bones sensed something coming behind him. He turned around and he and Dusk saw a monster appearing before them.

“The Guardian of Blazz…” Dusk said.

This Guardian looked like a big canine made of volcano rocks and dark orange in color. It had a feather-type tail and three large yellow eyes with no pupils that blinked sideways. It roared at Dusk and Golden Bones and the former, taking advantage of Golden Bones’ distraction over the Guardian, is able to free himself and started climbing to get Calabrass.

The Guardian attacked Golden Bones, but he jumped away to a lower level and continued to run away from it, when the monster continued to attack him and pursue him. Golden Bones then found a cave that he used to try to run away. The Guardian breathed fire at him, but it would appear Golden Bones was out of its reach.

Meanwhile, Dusk was able to get to Calabrass and take him.

“I’ve never been so happy to see you” Dusk told Calabrass, placing him at his scabbard.

After that, Dusk hasted to hide himself, as the Guardian went to look for the other intruder he had detected. Noticing another cave at the other side of the volcano, Dusk started running towards it, but the Guardian, seeing him, started running after him. Reaching him, the creature casted his fire at him, but Dusk dodged it, as well the Guardian’s attempts to bite him. Like Bones, Dusk eventually reached the cave and run through it, with the Guardian unable to pursue him.

“You made a new friend” Calabrass observed, sarcastically, as Dusk run.

“Yeah, I’m a winner…” he replied.

Outside, the Sea Raiders and the skeletons to fight each other. However, it would appear the Sea Raiders couldn’t handle all the firepower of the skeletons, forcing them to search for shelter. It was then that Star noticed their fight was causing the crater to get even more blocked. Knowing that fight would not help neither side, Star decided to end all that.

“Clover, drew out the white flag!”

“What?!” Clover, Mallet and Opal exclaimed at the same time.

“Trust me!” Star exclaimed. “Do it!”

Clover then teleported, appearing then at the tip of Chaos’ bow, spreading two white flags to the skeletons. But Carver didn’t care about that and shoot, ending up hitting one of Clover’s flags. Before that, Star started telling him:

“Listen up, you ossified idiot! Your chief is trapped down below with our captain.”

“So what?” Carver asked.

“The volcano may blow at any moment” Star replied. “If we continue battling, everyone will lose.”

His statement was supported by another tremor.

“What do you say about a very temporary truce?” Star suggested.

All that made Carver considerate Star’s suggestion. He then ordered to the skeletons:

“Cease fire!”

The skeletons obeyed, despite doing it with a little confusion.

“Very well” Carver said, recollecting his weapon. “Come closer.”

Star looked to Mallet who nodded his head to him and said:

“This is trap.”

“We have no choice, Mallet” Star replied.

Star then took flight to meet Carver at the middle of the distance between them, with the latter landing his ptero and going to meet the former.

“I agree to your truce” Carver said. “Let’s settle how we’ll proceed.”

“Simple” Star replied. “Once the rescue is over, you go your way and we go ours.”

Carver thought for a moment and then advanced towards Star and extended his hoof. Star bumped his hoof with his, settling the agreement.

Meanwhile, Dusk was walking through the cave he had used to escape the Guardian, who was still looking for the invaders.

“The Waypoint is this way” Calabrass told Dusk. “Straight ahead.”

After a few steps, Dusk noticed the Guardian through the holes of the cave to the chamber and so he went into hiding, hasting to passed the holes. Soon after that, Dusk found Golden Bones, lying on the ground and standing up. Pointing Calabrass to him, Dusk said:

“Look who we have here all tired and shaky.”

“You weren’t so clever without your sword” Golden Bones replied, getting up while using his hook to move away the blade from him, forcing Dusk to move back.

“I was still clever” Dusk told. “Just not as dangerous.”

They clashed their weapons again, with Golden Bones trying to punch Dusk, but the latter dodging it, allowing him to kick Bones in the ribs. After that, Dusk cut some of Bones’ cape and then kicked him down. Despite that strong blow from Dusk, Golden Bones didn’t give up and attacked the young captain, who dodged. They continued fighting until Dusk made a jump using Bones’ back as an impulse, but when he went to attack him with Calabrass, the skeleton general blocked it with his hook.

After they moved back from each other, Dusk grabbed Calabrass with his hoof and called:

“Calabrass, give me the Eye of Sino!”

After transforming, Dusk waved Calabrass’ blade and shot a blast of ice against Golden Bones, freezing him hard.

“Naughty skeleton…” Dusk said, detransforming and putting Calabrass back on the scabbard. “This is too easy.”

Dusk then continued his way until he reached a well.

“Jump in there” Calabrass told Dusk.

“Are you serious?!” Dusk asked him.

“When am I not? Me blade is being attracted by the Waypoint. I bet me body it is this way.”

Dusk kicked a pebble to the well to see how deep it was and it took some seconds to hear when it hit the ground.

“It’s deep” Dusk said.

“Fortune favors the bold” Calabrass replied. “So does surviving a volcano.”

“Good point.”

And so Dusk jumped in.

Outside, the Sea Raiders and the skeletons were trying to come to agreement about how to help their respective leaders.

“We dynamite the rocks blocking the entrance” Carver suggested.

“I think it would be better to remove the rocks with Chaos’ legs” Star replied.

“Ah, typical royal, all bluster and now boom” Carver commented, with some skeletons laughing.

“Excuse, are you insinuating something about me?” Star asked, displeased.

“Oh no, I’m not insinuating, I’m telling it” Carver replied.

Fortunately, before the arguing could escalate, Opal went to the middle of the two and said:

“Okay, let’s put an end to it. Boys…” she turned to Carver. “You, if you blow up the rocks, you can trigger a complete collapse of the volcano” she then turned to Star. “And you, if the Chaos tries to take out the rocks all by himself, he risks being pushed down by his weight. We must work together. We go down with ropes attached to the Chaos to hold him when he gets to a rock and use the pteros to lift them.”

Before that plan Carver and Star traded a look. Silently they agreed that strategy was the best they could follow at that moment. Carver then turned to the skeletons and told them:

“You heard the pony! So get to work!”

“By the way, you better not call me the pony” Opal told him. “It’s very rude. My name is Opal. Unless you want me to call you bonebag.”

There was a pause and then Carver told to the skeletons:

“And make the ropes tight. Miss Opal will show you.”

“That’s better…” Opal replied.

And so they were all do their respective task.

Inside the volcano, Dusk went down the well, ending up crushing at the bottom of the chamber, right under the Guardian. When getting up, Star started to comfort his sore parts, but Calabrass told him:

“Save your bodyache for later! Look!”

Star looked ahead and then saw it: the Waypoint. It had a triangular form and positioned against a wall, having a red lock at the middle with the symbol of Blazz. But it was located at the other side of the magma, having only a bridge of rocks to jump on in order to cross it.

“The Waypoint!” Dusk told. “We just need to jump onto the ledge to reach it.”

Dusk prepared an impulse and jumped to the first rock, making his best to not loose balance. He continued to jump from rock to rock, all while making no much noise to not call the attention of the Guardian. But then he reached a rock that was further away than the others.

“Ye can do it” Calabrass reassured Dusk in a whisperer.

“I need more power” Dusk realized.

“No, you’ll attract the Guardian” Calabrass replied.

“Don’t worry” Dusk told him. “I’ll be faster than it.”

Grabbing Calabrass, he called:

“Calabrass, give me the Eye of Sino!”

And Dusk transformed again. Like Calabrass anticipated, the Guardian noticed that and hasted to place itself on the next rock, blocking Dusk’s way to the Waypoint.

“Ice explosion!” Dusk exclaimed, casting an ice blast against the Guardian.

But it would appear it didn’t do anything against it who casted fired against Dusk. The young captain reacted by turning Calabrass into a shield and defend himself.

“Dusk, ice can’t fight fire” Calabrass told him.

“Then, give me the Eye of Blazz!” Dusk replied.

Now transformed with fire element, Dusk casted a wave of fire against the Guardian, but it only absorbed it and became bigger.

“Genius…” Calabrass said, sarcastically, while Dusk run away from the Guardian. “You’re wasting my energies.”

Dusk jumped the stones back to where he started, while the Guardian went after him. However, to Dusk’s luck, because of the creature’s new size, it couldn’t move much. But that didn’t prevent it from shooting fire that casted Dusk against the ground when he jumped to the beginning of the bridge of rocks, causing him to drop Calabrass and ending the transformation.

When Dusk came to himself he noticed the entrance had been blocked with rocks.

“Yeah, I don’t thinking is going to cut it, pal” Dusk said to Calabrass.

Getting up and putting Calabrass on his scabbard, Dusk prepared to climb the well again, but a new tremor caused more debris to fall.

“The volcano is going to blow in any second” Dusk said. “We can’t fight the Guardian and I can’t count on being rescued. We’re on our own.”

“But at least, finally, we got rid of Bones” Calabrass replied.

“Wait… Bones!” Dusk exclaimed, getting an idea. “We’re not on our own. He can help us.”

“Is your brain boiling?” Calabrass asked, thinking that idea the most ridiculous Dusk ever had. “That bag of bones will never help anycreature.”

But Dusk didn’t listen to him and called, while taking Calabrass:

“Calabrass, give me the Eye of Aeria!”

After transforming, Dusk said:

“Whirling!”

And he elevated himself up until he reached the top of the well. After that, he approached the frozen Bones and prepared himself to free him.

“I can’t believe I’m doing this” Dusk said.

“Neither can I” Calabrass replied.

And so Dusk pointed Calabrass and casted lightning that broke the ice covering Golden Bones, what also caused him some pain. Kneeling, he saw Dusk and said:

“Storm! You’ll pay for this!”

“Normally, I know that’s what you would say and normally I would say something cool like I’m shocked that you think you can beat me. But this isn’t normal. We don’t have time.”

Golden Bones got up and tried to attack Dusk with his hook, but he blocked it and said:

“If we don’t join forces, we’ll both disappear!”

They moved away from each other and Golden Bones replied, while holding to his sore ribs:

“I don’t join forces with rats! I’ll never help you, Storm!”

They continue to fight, but Dusk then kicked Golden Bones to move him away and continue to try to convince him, detransforming:

“Just listen! With that fire-breathing watchdog around, we can’t escape. But if we can open the Waypoint of Blazz, it’ll disappear. Poof, we win. And even better, we don’t get burned into a crisp. But I need you to distract it.”

“Why don’t we do it the other way around?” Golden Bones asked. “Give me the sword and you distract the Guardian.”

But then another tremor happened and Bones could feel his pain increasing. He then found Calabrass’ blade pointing at him and the latter said to Dusk:

“If he doesn’t want to help, we can feed him to the Guardian. That will distract the beast.”

“Make up your mind, Bones!” Dusk told. “The volcano is going to blow in any minute.”

“I’m sure we can find another way out of here if we go for collaboration” Calabrass said.

It was then that Golden Bones noticed the Guardian and then Dusk could see the fearful look he was giving it.

“Wow, Bones, are you scared of the Guardian?” Dusk asked.

“I fear nothing!” Golden Bones replied, standing up. “We will survive today, so that I can destroy you tomorrow.”

“That’s your bad guy way of saying work together, right?” Dusk asked.

But all that Golden Bones gave was a grunt that Dusk considered as being a yes.

The Guardian continued looking for the intruders, as it could feel they were still around. It was then he heard Dusk calling:

“Hey, firing barky!”

The Guardian looked up and saw Dusk on top of a pillar, waving to it.

“Looking for me?” he asked it.

“This is your last chance” Calabrass said to his wearer. “After that, there won’t be another truce for a while. You’ll have to manage for yourself… with Bones.”

“I know” Dusk replied, taking Calabrass. “Calabrass, give me the Eye of Zite!”

And Dusk and Calabrass transformed. The Guardian climbed to where Dusk was and then he casted light from Calabrass that blinded it. Taking advantage of that, Dusk hasted to climb down, while the Guardian found itself losing its grip on the pillar.

After recovering from the temporary blindness, it restarted his pursue on Dusk. But when was about to get it, someone pushed its tail, with that being, for Dusk’s glad, Golden Bones.

“Guardian of Blazz, I, Golden Bones from Netherwhere, challenge you!” he shouted at the creature.

The creature turned to him and attack him, while waving his tail, causing Bones to be dragged by it. But he was able to jump off and land of the bridge and go to safety. With Bones’ distracting the Guardian, Dusk hasted to go down and to the Waypoint, detransforming.

“The Waypoint, Dusk!” Calabrass exclaimed. “Hurry!”

Dusk then started jumping through the stones, but, suddenly, he got knocked down by the Guardian, throwing Dusk to a side stone, causing also Calabrass to be thrown to the other side and get stuck to a stone. It was then that he was picked up by Golden Bones, who raised him, laughing, while the Guardian was focused on Dusk who had got into a hiding place.

Seeing that Bones had Calabrass, Dusk told him:

“Bones, throw Calabrass to me!”

“Your destiny is to become the sword of Netherwhere, the sword of Skullivar, not of that runt” Golden Bones told Calabrass.

“If that runt doesn’t open the Waypoint, I won’t become the sword of anyone” Calabrass replied.

“Bones!” Dusk called from his hiding place.

Golden Bones then turned to the Guardian and told it:

“Guardian, is this what you want?!”

He then started to climb the pillars to attract the Guardian and then threw Calabrass to Dusk who caught him with his magic.

“Do it now!” Bones said to Dusk.

He then run through the stones and reached the Waypoint. Once there, he inserted Calabrass’ blade in the lock. A red light came out of it and then the Guardian dissipated, before it could attack Golden Bones.

Meanwhile, outside, the Sea Raiders and the skeletons were working together to take out the rocks blocking the crater. With Chaos being held with ropes by the pteros, where Mallet was riding one, the ship was heading towards the rocks, commanded by Star with Clover telling him the directions:

“A little to the right… Left… A bit further… Stop! That’s it!”

Stopping the Chaos, Star made him pull the rock, but it was too heavy to move.

“It’s too heavy!” Clover said to Opal. “The Chaos will be smashed!”

“We can do it” Opal said, turning to the pteros. “Over to you!”

The pteros started pushing and, together with Chaos’ turbines and sails, they were able to start moving the stone, eventually getting out of the cratter. Everyone got very happy for their accomplishment and Opal said:

“We should work together more ofter.”

It was then that they saw a light coming from there what could mean what thing: the Waypoint had been opened. That caused immense joy to Clover who said:

“Unless some other crazy pirate had opened the Blazz Waypoint, Dusk is still alive!”

Suddenly there was another tremor and Star said:

“We’re almost out of time! Go!”

And he took flight, followed by Craver that nodded to him. They entered the chamber and found Star on a pillar, holding Golden Bones.

“Hey, guys, what took you so long?” Dusk asked. “Bones and I can’t do everything, you no?”

And so Dusk took Star, while Carver took Golden Bones. Seeing them, the Sea Raiders and the skeletons went to where Carver’s ptero and Star landed. Dusk had a great reception from his friends and then told them:

“Guys, thank you so much.”

It was then that Golden Bones stood up and said:

“Carver, seize the sword!”

Now that the truce had come to an end, the Sea Raiders and the skeletons returned to their battle positions.

“Yeah, we’re not doing that right now” Dusk said. “We were hugging and being thankful and stuff. It’s over.”

Turning to Carver, Star told him:

“A promise is a promise.”

Carver agreed with him and commanded the skeletons:

“Low down your weapons.”

“What are you doing, Carver?!” Golden Bones asked. “I ordered you to arrest them!”

But despite receiving orders from their general, the skeletons knew the best thing to do was honoring their agreement with the Sea Raiders.

“Assist General Bones back to his quarters” Carver ordered. “His wounded and not fit for command.”

“Carver!” he shouted, while two skeletons took him. “Traitor! You’ll pay for this!”

Carver then turned to the Sea Raiders and told them:

“Now get out of here before I change my mind.”

“Thank you for keeping your word” Star said.

“And you” Carver replied. “But this truce has come to an end.”

“Does it have to be?” Star asked.

“Next time we meet, we shall be enemies once more” Carver told.

And so he and the skeletons headed towards the pteros and flew away. The Sea Raiders also went back to the Chaos and, in a matter of moments, they were sailing away from the volcano which came into eruption. Dusk observed the lava getting out of it, while the Chaos moved away and then told to his brother:

“I’ve seen crazy stuff ever since we came to the Triangle, but I think teaming up with Bones has been the craziest of them all.”

“No contest on that” Star replied.

“Speaking of contest, ready for a rematch?” Dusk asked. “I promise I’ll pass the ball more often than try to do it all by myself.”

At that moment, Mallet made an awkward smile and said:

“We have no ball now.”

“I can make you a new one, if you want” Opal said. “I can even modify it with some boosters.”

“Vortex ahoy!” Clover exclaimed from the end of the bow.

As they went to the vortex, Dusk said:

“Just four more Waypoints to open and we’re going to be home in no time.”

“So does that mean we won’t have more time to play improvised buckball?” Star asked.

“In your dreams!” Dusk replied.

And so he pulled the level of the engine and Chaos advanced and crossed the vortex.