• Published 14th Nov 2019
  • 467 Views, 6 Comments

Adventures in the Bermikun Triangle - Rakoon1



Dusk will embark on an adventure where he will have to lead a squad to open all the gateways that keeps a certain realm sealed, all while dealing with the bad guys that lurk around.

  • ...
2
 6
 467

The Eternal Forge

The Chaos was at the Sea of Dezer, a vast sand desert where pyramids with strange runes lurking around. Clover was alone at the deck, playing with some marbles. He tossed one against another in order to put some inside of three cups. Meanwhile, Dusk, Calabrass, Star, Opal and Mallet were investigating the inside of one of the pyramids. With the two unicorns and alicorn providing light with their horns, they walked through the hallways.

“I don’t know about this, Dusk” Opal said, as they walked. “The former inhabitants of Dezer protected their pyramids from plunderers with all sort of traps and curses.”

“We’re just looking for one of the waypoints of the Triangle so I can get us all home” Dusk replied. “There’s no plundering ahoy. You can relax, Opal.”

“No plundering?!” Calabrass asked, offended. “You do know I got up of bed, right?”

They then arrived to a door where there was a figure of a triangle with an inverted triangle inside and circles at each endpoint, with a symbol of flame on each side.

“Wow, a symbol!” Dusk said. “So, whatever is behind this door, I bet it’s important.”

“I’ve seen that shape somewhere before” Star said.

Mallet advanced and tried to move it, but without success.

“Why don’t we take a long step back and analyze the situation first?” Opal asked.

“A true pirate never backs away, mate!” Calabrass replied to her.

“Exactly!” Dusk agreed.

He then approached the door, while Mallet tried to pull it, and then pressed the inverted triangle. However that caused the ceiling to start crumbling.

“Oh no, it’s going to collapse!” Opal shouted. “And right on top of us!”

Pieces of rock started to fall hard from above and Star, seeing that, said:

“We don’t have time to escape!”

“No worries, I’ll get us out of here” Dusk replied.

“I don’t reckon any one of my powers is strong enough to get us out” Calabrass told him.

“Not one power, but what about all of your powers?” Dusk asked, while going to grab Calabrass.

Hearing what his brother planned to do, Star yelled:

“No, Dusk!”

“Calabrass, give me all the Eyes of the Seven Seas!” Dusk exclaimed, while raising Calabrass.

Calabrass released an intense light, as all the Eyes of the Seven Seas started glowing and an immense burst of energy came out of Calabrass, going up and piercing through the pyramid, blowing it up. That explosion was so intense it was sensed by Skullivar’s radar. Seeing that, the villain said, while chuckling:

“Dusk Storm… you are doomed.”

At Dezer, the wind of the desert started clearing the dust released by the explosion and, when it was all cleared out, Dusk appeared, standing and panting, while the others were sitting against the ground after being thrown by the explosion.

“I knew Calabrass was powerful, but… I had no idea he could do this” Star said.

Dusk turned to Calabrass and told him, amazed:

“Dude, you completely vaporized the pyramid! Way to go, Cal!”

But seeing that he was not responding, he called again:

“Cal?”

He again didn’t replied, appearing to be unconscious.

“Calabrass!” Dusk called again, now really worried.

At Netherwhere, Skullivar was sitting on his throne, with Golden Bones and one of his soldiers facing him.

“All powers of the Seven Seas were unleased at the same time” Skullivar informed Golden Bones. “Not even Calabrass can bear a burst of energy of that magnitude. The Eyes are within our grasp.”

“You’ll have them, master” Golden Bones ensured. “I will dispatch all our forces to find them.

“There’s no need, Bones” Skullivar replied. “I know exactly where they’re going.”

The Sea Raiders returned to the Chaos, with Star telling his brother as they climbed back onboard:

“If you had just given me time to figure out what the symbol meant, we wouldn’t have triggered the trap and Calabrass would not have been damaged.”

“He’s fine” Dusk told him. “He just needs time to sleep it all.”

“What are you talking about?” Clover asked, confused. “What happened?”

“Not now, Clover” Star and Dusk replied at the same time, while moving away.

When Opal got onboard, Clover made her the same question:

“What happened? What was that…?”

“Not now, Clover” Opal told him, while going to her engine room.

Clover, still confused, went to ask Mallet, but changed his mind when he heard him saying:

“Mallet hungry!”

The little ghost really hated to be left behind when his teammates had all the fun.

The Sea Raiders returned to Beru and, while Chaos was sailing, Dusk, Star, Calabrass and Mallet were at the captain’s quarter. Star was looking through the books of the library, while Dusk asked his trusted talking sword, who was placed in the retractable table:

“Calabrass, back me up here. Tell Star the only way to know if the waypoint was there was to see for ourselves.”

“A pirate never… steps back” he said, in a weakened voice.

“Come on, shake it off!” Dusk said, frustrated and at the same time saddened.

Star placed a hoof over his brother shoulder, while securing a book with his magic, saying:

“We will find a way to heal him, Dusk.”

“But how do you heal a talking sword?” Dusk asked. “It’s not like we have mom or Mirror Coat to tell us. Calabrass, tell us what to do.”

“Heat…” he mumbled. “Fire… The Primordial Fire… Blazz…”

“Fire?” Dusk repeated. “A blaze? You’re talking about the Sea of Blazz, right?”

“That’s it!” Star exclaimed, while opening the book he was securing. “The symbol of the pyramid… I saw it in this book about Blazz. It belongs to an ancient civilization. They caused their own destruction by invocating a… pyrogenon, or something like that. They were weapon builders, the Pascuanites, and this is where they lived.”

He showed them a picture of volcanic island.

“Weapon builders…” Dusk said, thoughtfully. “If they built Calabrass, we can find a way to heal him there. Star, find us a vortex. Set a course to the Sea of Blazz.”

And so they started searching for a way to Blazz. While Dusk was at the helm with Star and Mallet by his side, Opal was at the lower deck working on her suit, modifying it so that she could use it on the Sea of Blazz. Seeing her working, Clover approached her and said, with a smile:

“Oh, I can give you a hoof. Look, if I do this…”

And he passed his hoof through the suit, with Opal then saying:

“No, don’t!”

But it was too late, as static started passing through the suit and then started attacking all the metal around, including her tools and gun. Opal then made a look of disapproval to Clover who said:

“I just wanted to help.”

“Clover, go back to your crow’s nest and let me work!” Opal replied.

And so he did it.

At the vortex to Blazz, the Demoniac positioned itself in front of it, with Golden Bones saying to his crew:

“Position the Demoniac in front of the vortex! Deploy all combat units!”

Chaos was approaching the vortex, while Opal joined the others and Clover was performing his duty as look-out. While steering, Dusk said, noticing the Demoniac and taking Calabrass from the scabbard with his magic:

“If Skullivar is keeping us from going to Blazz, that means it’s the right direction.”

“Captain, my gun is currently… stuck to my diving suit which is also not done” Opal said to Dusk.

“No problem, Mallet hit double hard” Mallet replied.

“Without Calabrass, there is no way we can fight all of them” Star replied. “We have to turn around and find another way in.”

Dusk looked to Calabrass, who was still in apparent unconscious state, and then remembered his words.

“A true pirate never steps back…” he said.

Seeing the Chaos approaching, Golden Bones laughed and then said:

“That’s it. Bring the Seven Eyes to me.”

And some skeletons in their waverunners and tanks started heading to the Chaos, along with others riding pteros.

“Get in your positions!” Dusk shouted to his teammates. “Don’t let them get onboard.”

And so they did it, with Mallet taking his sword out and Opal going to one of the side cannons. A few skeletons jumped from the pteros to the deck, but Mallet soon got rid of them with a simgle blow, throwing their bones away. The skeletons coming from the waverunners also couldn’t get closer, as Star was hitting them with his magic, with the young prince using his flying abilities to hit them from all the ways, having Opal as a back-up, all while Chaos tried to evade the tanks that tried to get him with the grappling hooks only to have their ropes cut by Dusk using Calabrass’s blade. Clover also helped, using his ball and chain to hit the skeletons that tried to climb onboard.

However, with the numbers of skeletons increasing, it was starting to get more difficult to fight them off. After getting rid of two skeletons, Dusk said to his friends:

“The Demoniac is not even firing at us. They must know we lost the powers of the Seven Seas.”

Seeing his brother overwhelmed with the amount of skeletons, even with him getting hit on one of his wings. Dusk went to help him and asked him:

“Are you all right, Star?”

“Yeah, but I have a feeling I won’t be able to fly for some time” he replied. “But there’s too many of them.”

Opal, Mallet and Clover went to join them, but they were already cornered by an overwhelming number of skeletons.

“Any ideas?” Dusk asked to his friends. “Hopefully like… right now?”

Opal, noticing her diving suit was near her, she had an idea and said:

“If only I can reproduce what Clover did to my diving suit earlier…”

“What, this?” the little ghost asked, putting his hoof through the diving suit.

And the suit started reacting the same way, attracting all the metals around, which included Mallet’s sword and all the skeletons aboard. Casting then a spell on the diving suit to nullify that effect, the one she used to release her gun, Opal caused all the skeletons to be thrown in pieces overboard. Now they only had to deal with the tanks that were pulling Chaos to the Demoniac.

“I’ll distract the others” Dusk said to his friends.

Going to the Plank, Chaos launched it and Dusk surfed around and then headed towards the tanks. Using Calabrass’s blade, he cut all the ropes that was connecting the tanks to the Chaos. Arriving to the deck of the Demoniac and seeing Dusk surfing on the Plank, Golden Bones said:

“I guess I’ll have to finish this myself” Golden Bones said, turning his hoof into a canon and starting shooting on Dusk.

But the young prince was able to evade the shoots, all while Chaos continued to approach the Demoniac with Star commanding it. Chaos got in his flight mode and then, using his metallic legs, climbed the Demoniac and passed over it, passing then through the waypoint, followed by Dusk.

“Foal’s play…” Golden Bones said. “That’s all they are capable of without the Seven Eyes. And they can’t run forever.”

Returning to the bridge, Golden Bones told to the soldiers nearby:

“Call back the troops! We’re going through!”

Arriving to the Sea of Blazz, which as an immense sea of lava with volcanic islands, Opal has returned to fix her diving suit, while Clover was playing with his marbles. Meanwhile, at the helm, Dusk was driving with Mallet and Star (who had his wounded wing bandaged) by his side and the latter consulting the book.

“None of my charts mention any Primordial Fire” Star said.

“Aye…” Calabrass said, weakly. “I can feel its heat…”

“Hey there…” Dusk said to his sword friend. “Feeling better? Do you want me sing you a song?”

“Keep your songs to youserlf, you scurvy landlover” Calabrass replied.

Dusk smiled, seeing that Calabrass’s grumpiness was only a good sign that he could only get any better. But it was then that the Eye of Sino got loose and casted in the air.

“Quick, the Eye of Sino!” Star exclaimed.

“Grab it!” Dusk replied.

The three of them tried to get it, but the Eye of Sino started to fell to the lava.

“No, no, no, no!” Dusk shouted.

Reacting to the situation, Clover said:

“I got this!”

And he threw one of his marbles, being able to hit the Eye and, with this, throw him back to Dusk who hasted to get it, releasing then a sigh of relief.

“Trick shot!” Clover exclaimed. “I save one of the Eyes! Did you see that?! I can be a hero!”

However, Dusk ignored that and said to Star:

“We have to reach the Primordial Fire before Golden Bones finds us again.”

Feeling ignored, Clover asked:

“Hello? Anypony?”

But nopony replied to him.

Arriving to the volcanic island the book was referring, Dusk, Star, Mallet and Opal (which was using her suit designed to help her support the heat) got out, with the first telling to Clover:

“If you see anything, Clover, give us the signal.”

“You’re sticking me here again?” Clover asked, a little frustrated, as his friends moved away. “Come on!”

They started passing through a way sided with what appear to be pig-like statues. Dusk then said, talking about the Pascuanites:

“I don’t get it. They built all this and then destroyed themselves?”

“Yes” Star replied. “The Pascuanites and their mad pursue of power.”

“Yeah, they must have been strong” Mallet commented.

“Strength is not just knowing how to destroy” Opal replied to him.

It was then that, suddenly, Mallet stepped upon a level. This caused the statues beside them to open some furnace and revealing fire in them.

“Fire!” Dusk exclaimed. “Run!”

And the statue shot the fire at them and the Sea Raiders tried to do their best to dodge them. They fortunately reached the end of that path, arriving to some stairs that they climbed. Finding another path but sided with what appeared to be lasers, Opal advised them:

“Wait!”

Using the visor of her suit she had modified, she became capable of seeing infrared light and saw some infrared beams coming out of the lasers.

“Just as I suspect…” she said. “There’s a laser detection system.”

“Can you deactivate them?” Dusk asked.

“Better, I can guide you through them” Opal replied.

Saying this, Opal took from her back some powder that she spread through the use of her magic, revealing then the lasers. She said then:

“I was hoping to use that powder for another thing, but I guess this situation is pretty special.”

At the Chaos, Clover was rolling, bored, one of his marbles when he noticed the Demoniac appearing. Before that, he went underdeck. Golden Bones and his soldiers get out of their ship and started heading forward. Appearing at helm, he started calling Opal’s decide through the commands there.

“Hello, can you hear me?” he would say. “Hello?”

Receiving the signal, Opal replied to the call through her suit, to which was added a communication device she had created to stay in contact with Chaos when from afar.

“Clover, stop playing with the radio!” she replied, as she and the others tried to pass through the lasers without touching them.

It was then that one of Mallet’s shoulders hit a beam and Opal shouted at him:

“Mallet, whatever you do, don’t move!”

“I’m not playing around” Clover said. “The Demoniac is hear! Golden Bones is right behind you!”

Hearing that, Mallet went to the hand of his sword, but Opal warned him:

“Mallet, if you move, you’ll set off the trap.”

“But we have to do something” Dusk said. “Calabrass is getting worse and Bones is almost on us.”

“What are our options?” Star asked.

“Only one” Dusk replied. “Calabrass told us to never step back and we’re doing exactly that. Run!”

And so the four of them started running, while traps of fire were activated on the ground. As they did their best to get out of there, Dusk told them:

“Come on, guys, don’t stop!”

But it was then that Dusk fell through one trapdoor which closed immediately. When getting there, Star called:

“Dusk!”

He was inside of a small chamber. Looking for a way to get out of there, Dusk said:

“Nothing. No way out. These Pascuanites’ traps are really getting on my nerves!”

“Dusk, can you hear me?!” Star called from out of the trap.

“There must be an opening mechanism somewhere” Opal said, while looking around.

Mallet then started trying use his sword to open the trapdoor while saying:

“I’ll use the Might Helm opening.”

While on the trap, Dusk noticed something.

“Is it me or is starting to get really hot here?” he asked.

Looking to Calabrass, he saw static coming out of him and then realized what was happening:

“We’re cooking in a giant oven!”

But that was not the worse of part, as the chamber walls started to move, causing it to get smaller.

“Hey, get us out!” Dusk shouted to his friends. “Oh… we’re so toasted.”

Opal went to a strange statue nearby and started to analyze it carefully, hoping it would hold the key to open the trap where Dusk was. In a triangle shape there, the surface opened, revealing a set of commands.

“Hey, I found it!” she said to Star and Mallet.

Opal then pressed one button but that caused the statue to shoot a fireball against Star and Mallet who were quick enough to dodge.

“Hey, Opal almost fry Mallet” the young Mighty Helmet reclaimed.

“I’m terribly sorry, Mallet!” Opal replied. “But these symbols make no sense to me!”

“Keep trying” Star said. “We have to get Dusk out of there.”

Dusk was trying to hold the walls, but that was a futile task.

“I’m sorry, Calabrass” he said. “I’ve failed. I couldn’t save you and me.”

“Use my last strength to get out of here, mate” Calabrass told him.

“Are you crazy?!” Dusk asked.

“You’ll prevail” Calabrass said. “It’s in your blood. I give you the Eye of Aeria.”

NOO!!” Dusk shouted, as the walls prepared to meet each other.

Outside the trap, Opal was trying to open it, but without success.

“Try again” Star told her.

“But I’m putting all of us in danger!” Opal replied.

However, that was necessary, as Dusk was able to pass through the doortrap using the power of the Eye of Aeria, landing then, with the others going to him. As he landed, detransformed, the Eyes of the Seven Seas fell at his hooves. Turning to his sword friend, Dusk called:

“Calabrass! Calabrass!”

But he didn’t answer, having lost consciousness completely.

“It’s all my fault” Dusk said, with tears starting to come to his eyes. “He sacrificed himself… because of me!”

“Using all of Calabrass’s power at the same may have seemed a bad idea, but it worked” Star said to his younger brother, kneeling before him and putting his hoof over his shoulder. “You saved us… both of you.”

“You’re right” Dusk replied, cleaning his eyes and taking the Eyes that were on the ground. “Calabrass never gave up and he would keep fighting right to the end. And so will we.”

“But isn’t this the end?” Opal asked, as Dusk and Star got up, with the former putting Calabrass at his scabbard.

“Not until we try everything” Dusk answered.

He looked and saw Golden Bones and his soldiers down there. Star, noticing them as well, told to his brother:

“Go for Calabrass. We will handle Golden Bones.”

“You’re the best, big brother” Dusk told him. “And I will save him.”

And Dusk continued to climb the stones. After he was gone, Opal asked Star:

“You do realize there’s more of them than us, right?”

“Yeah, too bad for them” Mallet said, holding his sword.

“You’re all forgetting where we are” Star replied. “Let us introduce them to the charms of this island.”

It was then that Golden Bones, as he was passing through the first path, enacted the trap there, starting to face the fire shots. Despite some of his soldiers were broken apart, he just said:

“Forward!”

Despite a little scared of the traps, the remaining soldiers followed him.

Dusk followed his way, running, until he reached his destination.

“The Primordial Fire… We made it!”

The place was a giant pit with lava down there. At the center there was a round platform with three pillars guarding an altar. The platform was connected to the outside of the pit through five stone bridges.

“Don’t worry, Call, this will fix you up” Dusk said.

Golden Bones and his soldiers reached the path with the lasers and saw Star, Opal and Mallet at the end of it, they all ready for him.

“Forward!” he commanded to his soldiers.

And so two advanced, but Opal was already prepared and pressed one of the buttons of the controls and a fire erupted from beneath one of the skeletons, breaking him apart.

“Uh, enough!” Golden Bones exclaimed, tired of all those traps, sending his other soldiers.

However, as they advanced, more traps were activated by Opal, breaking them one by one.

“No more traps!” Golden Bones shouted, as he advanced.

“That’s what you think” Opal replied, pressing another button.

The statue of the controls shouted fire at Bones and then Opal reacted by casting then a freezing spell that immediately froze Bones.

“I got him!” she exclaimed.

But then the ice started to break and Opal said:

“Looks like he’s harder than I thought to put on ice.”

Mallet advanced to hit Bones with his sword, but the skeleton general’s released caused a shock wave that sent Mallet back against the ground. And, before any of them could react, they were surrounded by skeletons.

“Keep an eye on them” Golden Bones told to his soldiers, heading then to the stairs. “Second squad, with me.”

At the Primordial Fire, Dusk started crossing one of the bridges to get to the center, doing it carefully. When he found the same symbol from the pyramid, he said:

“Not again!”

And so he crossed without touching the symbol. Reaching the suspended island, Dusk advanced towards the altar that was filled with lava and so he placed Calabrass’s blade there. He then retreated a few steps back, waiting for anything to happen.

“Come on, Calabrass…” he said. “Come back to us!”

Outside, Star said to Opal and Mallet:

“We have to get out of here.”

“Mallet has idea” Mallet said, with a smile. “But needs a hoof.”

And so he grabbed one foreleg of one skeleton, crushing him then, and tossed the foreleg against the controls, activating something Mallet, Star and Opal really knew about.

“Heads down!” Mallet said.

And the statue shot fired that hit the skeletons, breaking them apart. After the danger was over, Star told to Mallet:

“Nice touch.”

At the Primordial Fire, Dusk was still waiting for Calabrass to recover.

“Come on… Please, work.”

At that moment, he heard steps and saw Golden Bones and his skeletons getting to the suspended island.

“Looks like I got here just in time” the general said and advancing, causing Dusk to start retreating. “You’re alone, unarmed and yours won’t be coming to your rescue. So, save us all a little time and hand over the Eyes of the Seven Seas.”

Showing Bones the seven stones, Dusk asked:

“Is this what you want? Go fetch!”

And so he tossed them away to the lava. However, it would appear the lava was not hot enough to melt them. Seeing that, Golden Bones laughed and shouted to his soldiers:

“Go get me those damned stones!”

And the skeleton soldiers formed a rope, with them almost reach the Eyes. Star, Opal and Mallet got there and, seeing that, Star said:

“Oh no… It’s too late.”

After retrieving the stones, the rope of skeletons was retrieved and the soldiers who got them gave them to Golden Bones who said, while holding the stones on his hoof:

“You gamble, you lose. Say goodbye, boy.”

However, Dusk just laughed and said:

“Looks like you forgot one.”

And he revealed the one Eye he hadn’t tossed to the lava.

“I’m afraid the Eyes can’t be activated without a catalyst, Dusk Storm” Golden Bones replied. “And your sword is out of order.”

“You’re right to be afraid, Boneybutt!” a voice shouted.

It was Calabrass who had regained his strength back.

Despite that, Golden Bones didn’t show any concern, as he asked Dusk:

“You really think I’m going to let you put the Eye back on your sword?

“Yeah, and I even think you’re going to help me do it” Dusk replied. “You know, a little ghost I know taught me a little trick.”

And he threw the Eye, while advancing towards Calabrass. The Eye hit Golden Bones’s hook, being then thrown against the nearest pillar who went to hit another and after that, the Eye of Aeria was placed on Calabrass who was grabbed by Dusk, who said, while taking his trusted sword out of the lava:

“Calabrass, give me the Eye of Aeria!”

“My pleasure, laddie!” Calabrass replied, as he activated the Eye.

Using Calabrass (turned into an axe), Dusk casted a light against Golden Bones, blinding him and causing him to release the other Eyes which magically returned to Calabrass and placed themselves in their rightful place, as he and Dusk detransformed. Before that, Golden Bones shouted:

“Stop him!”

“Hey, Calabrass, up for a fight?” Dusk asked.

“I feel newly forged” he replied. “Let’s give your powers a test-run, Dusk. Ahoy!”

“If you say so” Dusk replied. “Give me the Eye of Blazz!”

And the Eye was activated. As Dusk used his fire attacks against some skeletons, he said:

“It works… Now give me the Eye of Sino!”

Dusk got the ice powers who used it to freeze the floor and cause skeletons to slip into the lava.

“The Eye of Dezer!”

He used his rocked foreleg to hit a pair of skeletons.

“The Eye of Beru!”

He shot a blast of water against another pair of skeletons.

“The Eye of Zite!”

He turned Calabrass into his shuriken form, using him against other skeletons.

“And Vapir!”

With this power, Dusk didn’t had to anything much. When the skeletons went to get him, they just passed through him, falling then on the lava. After that, Dusk turned to Calabrass and told him:

“You’re in a perfect shape, Calabrass! This is awesome!”

He turned then to Golden Bones and asked him:

“So, Bony, who’s alone now?”

But the villainous golden skeleton just laughed. And so more skeletons appeared from the entrance, threatening Dusk’s friends.

“Give me the sword or your friends will take a one-way ticket to die in a very hot pot” Golden Bones demanded, while approaching Dusk.

“We ain’t surrender, you scuffed brain!” Calabrass replied, turning then to Dusk. “Use all my powers again and blast those bony fools to smithereens!”

“No way, I’m not risking your life again” Dusk replied, looking around to find a way out.

Suddenly, he noticed then the mark he had seen before, the one he knew it would activate a trap and saw it as his only way to escape Golden Bones.

“I’m sorry, Call” he said, while retreating. “I know a real pirate never steps back. And neither does a good friend.”

He then stepped on the symbol and then the ground started shaking, what really caught Golden Bones by surprise. Taking advantage of that, Dusk called:

“Calabrass, give me the Eye of Aeria!”

And so he transformed, giving a big jump and landing on the skeletons, breaking them apart. He then told his friends:

“The all place is going to collapse!”

“Again?” Star asked.

“We can talk about it later” Dusk replied. “Let’s move.”

As his friends started retreating, Dusk turned to Golden Bones and told him:

“Hey, Bones! Watch your head for falling…”

But then he noticed the way the lava was forming what appeared to be a face.

“Look out! It’s another trap!”

“The pyrogenon…” Golden Bones said, fearful. “It’s real!”

“Forget everything I said!” Calabrass exclaimed to Dusk. “Now’s the perfect moment to step back! Dusk, step back!”

“Friends never step back, Bones” Dusk said, while starting to follow the exit of the Primordial Fire. “I’ll leave you with yours.”

From the lava beneath the Primordial Fire emerged the pyrogenon, an immense three-legged creature made of lava. Bones intended to fight it, but the creature was so immense he and his skeletons didn’t have any other choice but run away from it, as it released an intense fire from its mouth.

As the Sea Raiders returned to the Chaos and sailed away, the volcano of the island started erupting. With Star at the helm, Dusk told him:

“Find us a vortex home, Star.”

“Aye, aye, captain” he replied.

Dusk then turned to Clover, who was leaning over the taffrail, with him seeming to be pouting for being ignored.

“Clover” Dusk called him.

“I didn’t do it!” he said, while turning to Dusk, expecting to be about something bad he had done.

“Really? Because I was going to say you saved us all.”

“Really? Me? In that case, I did do it. Yey!”

“You’re a hero” Dusk told him. “Remember your shot you did with the marble? I used that trick before to trick Golden Bones. We were completely surrounded, with no way out. Bones had the seven Eyes… or so he thought. And Calabrass was too far away from me when I…”

But he stopped as he saw that Clover was too much occupied making a celebratory dance than listening.

“Are you even listening to me, Clover?” Dusk asked.

Turning to him, Clover said:

“Hey, you had me at You’re a hero.”

And he continued to celebrate, while Dusk just gave up the attempt to tell his friend the events and just watched him have his moment of happiness.