• Published 14th Nov 2019
  • 466 Views, 6 Comments

Adventures in the Bermikun Triangle - Rakoon1



Dusk will embark on an adventure where he will have to lead a squad to open all the gateways that keeps a certain realm sealed, all while dealing with the bad guys that lurk around.

  • ...
2
 6
 466

Training With the Sea Beast

Author's Note:

Sorry, I miscalculated. Only the next chapter will get changes to the series.

Dusk was having a nightmare, finding himself reliving the events that preceded his arrival to the Bermiken Triangle. He could see himself on his surfboard, noticing the bright on the Eye of Beru and the sky being covered by dark thundering clouds. He could hear his parents calling for him and Star, with the twins and Timber beside them. And then he and Star getting in the portal and being separated.

He then woke up saying:

“Star! Mom! Dad!”

He looked around and saw that he was sitting on the captain’s sitting in Chaos’ captain’s quarter, facing the windows.

“Finally awake, Cap'n?” a voice asked.

A little jumpy from the sudden voice, he looked down and saw Calabrass on his lap. That only confirmed his worst fears of not being dreaming.

“No, this can't be…” he said.

“You know you snore when you sleep?” Clover asked, appearing next to Dusk. “And talk in half-sentences when you wake up?”

After saying that, Clover pulled a lever to turn Dusk’s chair around.

“Okay, Calabrass the talking sword and Clover not-really-a-ghost” Dusk said, while holding Calabrass with his magic, while Clover nodded in response. “So I wasn't dreaming.”

He stood up and started walking away, while Clover, a little offended by Dusk’s sentence, said:

“Okay, you think you're dreaming a lot. Wake up and smell my farts, Captain! This is your life!”

“Listen, you're nice, but I can't stay here” Dusk replied. “I have to go home! My brother is out there and my parents are gonna be worried...”

“You can't just leave the Bermikun Triangle! I thought I already explained it to you. Maybe that was a dream.”

Taking Dusk’s hoof, Clover pulled him to the door, but, since he was a ghost, he made Dusk bump into the door. Dusk then opened the door before closing it behind.

On Chaos’ deck, Dusk looked around and saw nothing but a vastness of ocean and his last hope of all that being a dream. As if noticing his worry of never be able to come back home, Calabrass told him:

“There are seven seas in the Triangle and a lock that binds each sea. You have to open the first six locks so that together they'll show you where the seventh one is.”

“Just open seven locks?” Dusk asked. “How hard can that be?”

“Well, first you have to find the locks” Calabrass replied. “Magical, of course. Hidden in the most treacherous depths. Then, ye must defeat their Guardians: pitiless creatures born from nightmares.”

“And then there's Golden Bones, Skullivar’s general” Clover added. “Also a general pain in the rear.”

“I beat him once, he doesn't scare me!” Dusk replied.

“You have a short memory, Cap'n” Calabrass told. “I did everything.”

“So help me again” Dusk said. “Come on, guys! I want to get out of this crazy place and get home!”

“Yer gonna be needing a crew before ye go anywhere” Calabrass replied.

“Then let's find one” Dusk said. “There must be others who want to get out of here, right?” he turned to Clover. “Don't you want to leave?”

“Oh, I do!” Clover exclaimed. “Yes, I do, I do!”

“Yer not a real Cap'n, yet!” Calabrass retorted. “You haven't mastered the powers of the Seven Seas. Yer serious about this fool's quest, yer gonna have to do some serious training!”

That gave Dusk an idea and, lowering Calabrass, he walked to the bow of the ship.

“Hey, what're you doing?” Calabrass said, turning then to Clover. “What's he doing?”

“I don't know but I'm all for it! Go, Dusk, go!”

“If I have to become the best captain in the Bermuda Triangle so I can get home, then let's get training” Dusk said, while walking on the prow until he reached its very end, starting then to talk to the open-sea. “Hey! Here I am! You wanted me, come get me!”

“Me thinks yer off your rocker, kid” Calabrass commented. “Must be seasickness!”

“You want me to train, right?” Dusk asked, as the Sea Beast started rising up in front of him and roaring at him. “Get ready, Calabrass. The training is about to begin!”

“That boy's crazy” Clover observed. “I like it!”

“What kind of superpowers you got for a giant octopus?” Dusk asked to Calabrass.

“This isn't training!” he protested. “It's madness! Acts of stupid heroism only lead to idiotic problems. I just hope this brother of yers isn’t as mad as ya, boy.”

The Sea Beast tried to attack Dusk with a tentacle, but the young unicorn was able to make a jump to retreat.

“You want to end up as a toothpick for a mega-monster?” he asked to Calabrass.

Knowing there was no other choice, the talking sword replied:

“Try the Eye of Aeria!”

Taking hold of Calabrass, Dusk said:

“Calabrass, give me the Eye of Aeria!”

After the tap beneath Calabrass, the cross guard turned until the purple jewel reached the top and it shone with a purple light, causing a burst of light and revealing Calabrass turned into an ax with a purple blade charged with lightning. Dusk gained a dark purple eye patch with a curved tornado shape with a light purple lent and also a sleek, clawed, purple gauntlet covered in white diamond patterns covering its left foreleg full of lightning.

“Awesome!” Dusk exclaimed, seeing his brand new transformation, turning then to the Sea Beast. “Let's see how you like whatever this does!”

Holding Calabrass tight, Dusk leaped against the Sea Beast, but the creature tried to attack him with a tentacle, but Dusk used a simple spell on his other hoof to hold on it and then jumped to another tentacles, before striking electricity from Calabrass to the Sea Beast's eye. The creature roar painfully, while launched Dusk back to the Chaos as it sank back to the ocean.

Dusk landed on his back, dropping Calabrass, what caused both to turn back to normal, and Calabrass, now a saber again, got stuck to the deck.

“Ah, electricity when you're soaking wet?” Dusk said, while sitting up and taking a hoof to his head. “Not cool! I think I knocked my teeth loose.”

“Mine too” Calabras said. “Lesson one: learn to choose the right power! Seven Seas, seven powers. Eye of Beru…” the blue stone shone “Sino…” the ice-blue stone shone “Dezer…” the yellow one shone “Zite…” the green one shone “Vapir…” the smoky-white one shone “or Blazz!” the red one shone. “Place your bets!”

Getting up, Dusk approached Calabrass, while saying:

“Okay, then…”

“Last thing: each transformation uses energy” Calabrass advertised Dusk when he prepared to take him with his magic. “And I'm not as spry as I used t'be.”

At that precise moment, the Sea Beast reappeared again, ready for a rematch.

“I don't know what to choose!” Dusk exclaimed, thinking that angering the Sea Beast was not a good idea after all.

“You're the one that wants t'train with a Sea Beast” Calabrass replied to him cynically, while Dusk took him.

The Sea Beast used its tentacle grab Dusk with Calabrass. Clover appeared where Dusk was and said in a motivating way:

“C'mon Captain! Give him the bam! And the pow! And the skiddly-boom!”

“Why don't you help instead of cheerleading?!” Dusk asked him.

“I love helping with fights!” Clover exclaimed, teleporting away.

“The captain gives precise orders” Calabrass retorted.

“He'll be fine” Dusk said, while grabbing Calabrass, knowing that, despite knowing Clover just now, the little ghost was very resourceful. “We need the Eye of Beru!”

Activating Calabrass’ power, Dusk made the Eye of Beru to move to the top position. It shone with a blue light, turning Calabrass into a circular shield with four nozzles, while giving Dusk a large blue oval-shapped water drop eye patch with a blue lent and water completely encasing his left foreleg. capable of shooting water from four nozzles.

While pointing Calabrass to the Sea Beast, the former said to Dusk:

“You shouldn't let that sprite do whatever he fancies.”

Appearing a part of the Chaos that had some bottoms, Clover replied:

“Don't worry, Capt'n, I got it under control!”

Taking hold of those controls, he fired from one of the corners of the Chaos a grappling hook to the beast's mouth, causing it to let Dusk and Calabrass go. However, because the grappling hook got stuck at the Sea Beast’s palate, the beast started to pull the Chaos with it.

“Clover, what're you doing?!” Dusk asked, as he Calabrass fell and landed back on the Chaos' deck.

“A dash of pepper, some lemon juice… and there you go, Sea Beast for everypony!” Clover replied. “We'll need a big lemon, but hey!”

The Chaos started to be pulled harder.

“He's doing just fine, huh?” Calabrass asked sarcastically to Dusk.

“You're gonna sink us!” Dusk said.

Underwater, the Sea Beast started to swim in circles, thus causing a whirlpool to appear and the Chaos to spin too as well. That was a bad situation for them. They needed to do something or else they would really sink.

“Yarr, we're done for!” Calabrass exclaimed. “It was fun knownin' ye for ten seconds!”

Sensing the problem, The Chaos placed the propellers in reverse and activated them, halting the ship from moving. Now that they were still, they just needed to do one thing, release them from the Kraken, but there was a problem…

“Too bad you don't have a sword” Calabrass commented with cynicism.

Dusk thought for a moment and then had an idea. He leaped down to the sea to where the Sea Beast was and, using Calabrass, he shot missiles at the beast's eye, making it let go of the grappling hook and swim away. To get back to the surface fast, Dusk fired down the missile to launch himself back up and he landed back on the Chaos' deck, detransforming along with Calabrass.

“Incredible!” Clover exclaimed, as he came out of the deck beside Dusk. “You are the best colt captain I have ever just met! I...”

But he stopped, as he started to be seasick.

“Time out” the little ghost said, while bending over the rail to to throw up into the sea. “Astral puke!”

Turning to Calabras, Dusk asked:

“Not bad for a beginner, huh?”

“One attack more and you would have spent all my energy” Calabrass scolded. “And more whirlpool equals no breathing underwater!”

After he said that, the Chaos started making an uneasy sound, while black thick smoke started coming off his left flank.

“Arrr, and you went and scuppered the old tub!” Calabrass exclaimed. “He's panting like a queasy musk ox! It's the clutch!”

“The clutch?” Dusk asked, looking there. “On a sailboat?”

“Land ho!” Clover exclaimed, pointing ahead.

Looking to where Clover was pointing, Dusk saw the most weird view: a small island, alone in that immense sea. But the island itself was also weird, as it was topped by an amazing lighthouse that, like a giant tree, seemed to cover completely all the extension of land with its knobby roots.

“Confound it!” Calabrass exclaimed. “That's the lighthouse in the mythic bizarre of Marituga! That swarming haven of monsters, thieves and villains. Arrr!”

“And candy!” Clover added with gluttony.

“Aye, they make a good caramel, they do” Calabrass agreed. “Then use it to steal teeth from birdbrains!”

“Awesome!” Dusk said. “There's gotta be somepony that can help fix this clutch.”

Turning to Chaos, he told him:

“Set a course for...over there, Chaos. We'll get you fixed. And then we'll set out to find the seven locks and get out of this crazy Triangle.”

And so the damaged ship started moving slowly towards Marituga.