• Published 14th Nov 2019
  • 467 Views, 6 Comments

Adventures in the Bermikun Triangle - Rakoon1



Dusk will embark on an adventure where he will have to lead a squad to open all the gateways that keeps a certain realm sealed, all while dealing with the bad guys that lurk around.

  • ...
2
 6
 467

Recruiting a Crew

It didn’t take long for the Chaos to arrive to the docks of Marituga. Now that they were close, Dusk could see now that there were hundreds of buildings there, many of them seemed to be shops. But the most impressing thing was the lighthouse, which was even more impressing seen at close. It looked like a very tall tree with a thin and gnarled, housing in almost all its height small colorful chambers, tiny shelters. A ball of fire incased in the lighthouse’s branches dominated proudly its peak. Something like that caused Dusk to let out a wistle.

As Dusk put his hooves on the docks, holding Calabras with his magic, along with the clutch, he exclaimed:

“Ahhh, dry land! Civilization!”

“Wait until you visit before you call this civilization” Calabras warned.

Rolling his eyes before that, while smiling, he turned to the Chaos and said to his ghost friend, who was still on the Chaos:

“Come on, Clover! The candy isn't gonna come to you.”

Clover leaped down to the dock, with a chain appearing, connecting him to the Chaos. He started charging to Zak, but his chain wouldn't budge in any way.

“My runner's not running, Dusk!” he exclaimed.

It was then that the chain pulled him back to the Chaos. After getting up, he told to Dusk:

“I'm not really a ghost, but I do haunt the Chaos and only the Chaos. He and I have bound for life, until I find my body. Aye, it's complicated.”

“No kidding” Dusk commented.

“Believe me, it's better that way” Calabrass replied. “That’s one less chance we get spotted.”

Despite everything, Dusk knew he should listen Calabrass’ advice for once. So he walked away from the docks to the stairs that led to the marketplace. Once he got there, Dusk became amazed by the amount of smells and colors he was seeing. Having passed most of his life on the Bright Shore, he had never been in a place so loaded of ponies as that one. And it was not just ponies, as there were also griffons and deer. Many seemed to be sailors, ones that were unlucky to sail through the area of the Bermikun Triangle back on the Pony World. Dusk was so distracted that ended up bumping against some of the inhabitants.

“Unbelievable!” Dusk exclaimed, while walking. “So cool! Everything here is amazing. I mean, when it's not trying to eat, stab or drown me.

“The Triangle is a weird place” Calabrass warned. “And anything but calm. Arrr, keep yer eyes open and try to be discreet, by Jove.”

It is then that he passed through two particular ponies, both teenage-looking: one was a big earth pony with a moderate amber coat with an axe and a hammer crossed as a Cutie Mark, a luminous vivid scarlet and pale and using a helmet with wings on each side, light grayish cobalt blue eyes, having a large hammer with a propeller on his back; the other was a unicorn filly that shouldn’t be much older than Dusk with a moderate blue violet coat with two gears and a wrench as a Cutie Mark, a moderate rose mane with a golden tiara with three spiky points and persian bluish gray eyes. Having noticed Calabrass talking, the colt said to the filly:

“Princess, dah sword: it's speaks!”

She looked to where he was pointed and then saw Dusk talking to Calabrass, while the former chose a scabbard with a white buckle with a skull-like shape with a black crossed bones design at the middle. Seeing what he meant, the filly made a certain smile and said:

“Not very discreet. First chance we get, we steal that sword.”

“Mallet always ready to rumble!”

Taking the scabbard, Zak places Calabrass in the holder of the scabbard and then put the scabbard around his shoulder before paying one bit to the seller. He started walking away, but, unknown to him, he was being followed by the filly and the colt.

In Skullivar's lair, the villain was talking to Bones, who was kneeling before him.

“Losing the Eyes of the Seven Seas and the sword Calabrass, the Great Key, at the same time because of a little colt?” Skullivar said to Golden Bones. “Has my faith in you being misplaced, Golden Bones?”

“I'll find him, Master Skullivar!” Golden Bones promised with servility. “Spies have reported that he reached Marituga. I'm going to tear the sword and the Stones of Power from his little hooves and...”

“See to it” Skullivar interrupted. “Or my skeleton army will have a new general.”

And the general bowed his head to Skullivar, before leaving the room.

Dusk was walking on the alleyways of Marituga, searching for someone to help fix the Chaos. Finding a mare passing by, she asked:

“Hi... um... excuse me, we're looking for a mechanic? My ship is broken. It's the clutch, I think.”

As the mare instructed him where to go, the filly and the colt were watching him from the top of a nearby building. The filly was using a special spyglass that allowed her to read Dusk’s lips.

“Looks like our friend here is looking for a mechanic” she said. “Well, that can give us the chance we need.”

Following the instructions he got, Dusk advanced until he reached a workshop full of spare parts.

“Hello?” he asked. “Is somepony here?”

“I’m here” a voice came from behind him.

Dusk turned and saw the same filly from before.

“Ah, you scared me” Dusk said.

“If ya ask me, you scare pretty easily” Calabrass commented.

Ignoring him, Dusk addressed the filly:

“Are you the mechanic?”

“You bet I am” the filly replied. “Why, did you expect somepony but a filly?”

“Certainly I wasn’t expect that, but I wanted to know if you could help me” Dusk said.

“For sure” she replied, while getting in the workshop. “Tell me what you need.”

“Can you fix a ship?” Dusk asked, while handing over the clutch. “This is what's busted.”

“Impressive…” she said, while taking the clutch with her magic. “A perfect blend of magic and technology. Okay, just wait here for a moment.”

And she turned her backs to Dusk and Calabrass, while taking a few steps to a working desk.

“Between you and me, kid, she doesn’t inspire any trust” Calabrass replied. “Let's walk outta here!”

“But we need to fix the clutch” Dusk replied to him. “Besides, you said we need a crew. Why not try to recruit her as our mechanic? Why are you always so negative, Calabrass?

“Because we're in the most dangerous place on the Pony World and I'm in the possession of a colt who has no idea what he's doing!”

When Dusk was about to reply, a big noise was heard from the ceiling that crumbled under the weight of the same colt that was with the filly, while he shouted:

“Ragnasala!”

Sensing trouble, Calabrass told to Dusk:

“Get us out of here, Captain!”

“Let's see how you like this!” Dusk exclaimed, preparing to attack.

It was then that he was caused to trip by a low kick that was given by the filly, all while she took Calabrass from Dusk’s scabble. That really got him by surprise, as he didn’t expect that filly was trying to get Calabrass.

“Have a seat” she said with an arrogant look. “Don't move. Good boy.”

Having said that, both she and the other colt run out of the workshop.

“Calabrass!” Dusk called.

He got out of the workshop and looked around, trying to find Calabrass and the ones who had stolen him. It was then that he noticed them climbing to the tops of the rooftops.

“Hey, give me my sword!” he exclaimed.

But they didn’t listen and just continued. Dusk couldn’t feel more frustrated than he was at that moment. He didn’t have ways to go to the rooftops and keep following them.

“Looks like you need a hand… little brother” a voice said.

Hearing it, Dusk paralyzed and then turned around, to see a pony using a hooded cloak. When he took the hood down and revealed his identity, Dusk became full of joy when he saw.

“Star!” he exclaimed, going to hug his brother. “I’m so happy to see you. I thought I have lost you after that portal.”

“I ended up appearing nearby Marituga” he replied. “I knew it was only a matter of time for you to appear here. But I never expected it would be in this situation. Looks like you need help.”

“You can’t imagine how much I need it” Dusk replied.

“So… care for a lift?” Star asked, taking off his cloak and extending his hoof.

Smiling, Dusk nodded and handed his hoof to Star.

While their were running on the rooftops, the filly was holding Calabrass with his magic. He then told her:

“Young lady, you ought to bring me back on the double. Ye don't know who yer messin' with...”

“Oh, but I do” she replied, as she and the colt stopped. “Calabrass, the Great Key of the Triangle.”

That really surprised Calabrass, but he didn’t get too much impressed, as he said:

“Okay, so ye read a book once. Big deal. I already picked the boy.”

“We will see about that” the filly replied.

The colt then took Calabrass, while chuckling, said:

“Magic sword, can you open oysters super-fast?”

“Mallet, it's not a toy!” the filly scolded. “It's the Great Key to get us out of this awful place!”

But then Star and Dusk approached, with the former taking the latter, while flying, and the younger brother took Calabrass com Mallet’s hoof with his magic.

“Hey!” the filly protested.

“Finder's keepers, little tinker” Dusk replied.

"Tinker?” the filly repeated with indignity. “I am a princess!”

She then took a gun that turned into a crossfire and then she fired a blast on Star. The young alicorn prince was able to dodge it, but, in doing so, he ended up dropping Dusk who started falling. Fortunately he was able to use his magic to slow down his fall. Landing beside him, Star asked:

“Are you okay, little brother?”

“Yeah… I think so” Dusk replied, while massaging the back of his head. “Thanks for that save, Star.”

“So you are Star” Calabrass said. “It’s nice to finally meet ya.”

“Likewise… Calabrass” Star replied.

“Ah, so you know who I am” Calabrass replied.

“Let’s just say I like to get informed about the places where I end up being” Star told.

“You've no right to wield Calabrass, street rat!” the filly’s voice came from the nearby rooftop.

“And you do, mini-tinker?” Dusk asked.

“The name is Opal Gear” she replied.

“Like I care?” Dusk said. “I'm Dusk Storm and Calabrass is mine.”

“Wait a minute…” Star said. “Opal Gear?”

“You know her Star?” Dusk asked.

“Just by name” he replied. “She is the princess to Obstang, King Stronghold’s daughter.”

“So you know who I am, hein?” Opal Gear said. “Big deal. It doesn’t change our situation.”

She then noticed Star’s horn and wings.

“It can’t be…” she said.

“What is it, princess?” Mallet asked.

“That colt… the bigger one… is an light alicorn” she said. “There’s only two existing light alicorns.”

“Yeah, I know that” Star told. “I’m one of them and the other is my mother.”

“So… you are Prince Star Knight of the Light Kingdom” Opal Gear observed. “Having the jinchuriki of the Nine-Tails in the Triangle clearly is unexpected. Especially, when helping a street rat.”

“The street rat is my younger brother” Star told.

“Younger brother?” Opal Gear asked. “I thought you have only two sisters.”

“What can I say, Creation is full of surprises” Star replied. “Just like is a surprise to see a member of the Mighty Helm with a princess of the Enchanted Forest.”

“Mallet’s name is Mallet and Mallet likes clobbering!” Mallet replied, taking his hammer than then turned into a broadsword with three propellers.

Before that, Star tried to use his magic to defend any possible attack. However, a wave of weakness came to him.

“Star, are you okay?” Dusk asked.

“I’m fine, but…” he started. “I don’t know, a wave a weakness came to me.”

“That’s the magic of surrounding the Triangle” Calabrass said. “It messes with the other’s magic… except for me, Calabrass, the Great Key. Looks like this is our cue. Show this brute what we know how to do, Dusk.”

He nodded and, holding Calabrass, he shouted:

“Give me the Eye of Blazz!”

However, instead of the Eye of Blazz being activated, it was the yellow one, the Eye of Dezer. It turned Calabrass into a shield made entirely of rocks, while Dusk gained an eye-patch that was a flat stone with a yellow lent, while the left foreleg became encased in rock armor. The skull on the buckle of his scabbard also got the same symbol than the one in the activated eye.

“I see…” Star said. “So this is the power of the Eyes of the Seven Seas.”

“Wow…” Dusk said, while looking to himself. “Hold on. But this…”

“It's the Eye of Dezer, the Sea of Sands” Calabrass replied.

“But that's not what I asked for” Dusk told.

“No, but it's what you need” Calabrass responded.

And he was right, as Mallet jumped down from the rooftops and preparing to strike Dusk, while shouting:

“Ragnasala!”

However, he was only able to hit Calabrass's rock shield instead. With that, Dusk was able to throw Mallet away.

“Wow!” Dusk exclaimed, impressed with the power of that shield.

“This is not a game, boy!” Opal replied, up there, pointing his weapon and shooting missiles at Dusk.

Dusk was able to block them with Calabrass, but then he saw Opal making a great leap and then kick Zak, causing them to retreat and detransform. Having recovered from his wave of weakness, Star positioned himself in front of Dusk, in a defensive position in case Opal attacked again.

“You don't know what the sword means to...” Opal started.

“He means our ticket home” Dusk replied. “That's all that's matters!”

He and Star started fighting Opal, but she was doing pretty well, dodging their attacks. After a brief pause of their fight, Star asked:

“Why is Calabrass so important to you, Princess Opal?”

“Yeah, he's just a sword!” Dusk replied.

“What do you mean just a sword?” Calabrass asked, a little offended.

“Calabrass is the Great Key” Opal replied, making another physical attack, only to have Star creating his barrier.

But she used that as a trampoline to attack Zak and knock him down, causing Calabras to get stuck on the ground.

“The only one that can open the Triangle's secret locks” Opal continued. “A destiny he claimed before he was cursed and turned into a sword.”

“Hold up” Dusk said to Opal, before turning to Calabrass. “So you were like, a real pony?”

“With the finest mustache in the Seven Seas!” he replied with great pride. “That is before that cursed witch Heartbeat turn me into a talking sword!”

“Wait, Heartbeat?!” Dusk asked, surprised.

“Of course she had to do something with this” Star sighed, as he landed beside Dusk.

“Calabrass is returning to the hoofs of a hero” Opal replied.

“And how do you know he is not already with heroes?” Star asked.

“Just because your mother is the Princess of the Light Kingdom and your father a General of Order, it doesn’t mean you’re heroes” Opal replied, as Mallet arrived to her side.

“You have been in the Triangle for more than one year” Star replied. “There’s so much that have happened out there.”

“As if that mattered” Opal replied. “You're still nothing more than a little minnow lost in the Seven Seas! How can you…” she talked to Dusk “ever hope to carry him when you don't know anything about the legends, the triangle, and all of its danger?”

“He has me and I’m not that bad with facts and research” Star said. “Besides, you shouldn’t underestimate your adversary.”

Having said that, Dusk threw pebbles at Opal, distracting her enough for he to get Calabrass and point his blade at her.

“I'm a fast learner!” he exclaimed.

It was then that Opal and Mallet’s face changed as they retreated a little.

“Behind you!” she said, seeing someone behind Dusk.

“Really? Behind me?” Dusk asked. “Even where I'm from that's the oldest trick in the book.”

“Ah, Dusk…” Star said, also retreating to near Opal. “I think she is not kidding with you.”

And so a golden hook taps onto his shoulder, making Dusk to turn around and see Golden Bones, along with some of his soldiers.

“So we meet again, young Captain” he said to Dusk.

“Friend of yours, little brother?” Star asked.

“You know each other?” Opal asked. “Well then, perhaps my colleague and I shall leave you alone to chat.”

When Dusk prepared himself to attack with Calabrass, Opal took him out of Dusk's hold.

“Hey!” he protested.

“Let go of me!” Calabrass protested, as Opal and Mallet started running away.

Dusk tried to go after them, but Golden Bones grabbed him and hold him up, while saying:

“I haven't finished with you, runt!”

“Hey, drop my brother, now!” Star protested, while charging his horn with magic.

However the task proved to be too hard for him at the moment, causing to skeletons to hold him. Golden Bones laughed and said:

“Looks like the little alicorn has found his match” Golden Bones replied. “The magic of the Triangle is too much for you to handle?”

He then turned to the other soldiers and told them:

“If that filly escapes, you lose your heads! Get that sword!”

Meanwhile, Opal and Mallet were trying to get away fast, but they ended up having their way blocked by the skeletons, with more coming from behind. While Mallet dealt with the skeletons they had before them, Opal said to Calabrass, while holding him and raising him in the air:

“Now Calabrass, give me the Eye of Vapir!”

But then he realized something was amiss.

“Why have I not transformed?” she asked.

“If you know the prophecies, you should also know that only a real captain, my captain, can invoke my powers” Calabrass replied.

Golden Bones then appeared, holding Dusk, along with the skeletons that were securing Star.

“Skullivar will be pleased” Golden Bones said. “The sword, the seven Eyes, a would-be captain and his rebel scum, all in the same day.”

“I am no scum and he is no captain” Opal said, while pointing Calabrass' blade at Dusk. “Look at him, he's a disaster!”

“For a smart lass, ye don't seem to understand a basic rule of the Triangle: nothing is as it seems” Calabrass replied.

That last statement, along with what Star have said before, caused her to come to one decision: give Dusk at least the chance for him to prove he could be a good captain.

“Fine” she said, turning to Dusk. “Show me what you can do, Captain!”

She tossed Calabrass to Dusk who used him to give a blow on Golden Bones and force him to release him.

“Yeah, this is better!” Dusk exclaimed. “Wanna break some bones, Cal?”

“Sorry boyo, no more energy” he said, as he closed his eyes.

“Dude!” Dusk exclaimed, while shaking Calabrass. “Since when does a magic sword take a nap! Cal!”

“Ha, I knew it” Opal said, while shooting to approaching skeletons, as she, Dusk and Mallet got back-to-back. “You're no captain.”

Golden Bones laughed and then said:

“Capture these amateurs!”

More skeletons advanced and Golden Bones told to Dusk:

“I've said it before, you do have guts, boy. Would you like to see what they look like?”

“I’m sorry, but I can’t let you do that” Star said to Golden Bones, looking down.

“And what can alicorn that can’t use his magic properly do when he’s contain by skeleton soldiers?” the general asked cynically. “Don't make me laugh, worm.”

“I’ve already told this once and I’ll say it again: never underestimate your adversaries!” Star exclaimed, while raising his eyes that had turn toad-like.

And he was able to knock down the skeletons that were containing him like they were a house of cards, doing the same with other skeletons. He even sent Bones away with one punch only.”

“Bro, that was awesome!” Dusk exclaimed, while his brother landed beside him. “How did you…”

“My magic may be a little out of control, right now, but now I’m using the energy I have around me” he replied.

“He can use natural energy?” Opal asked to herself, surprised. “Now, that’s impressive.”

“I think we are doomed” she replied, while pointing to the horizon, where they could see an army of skeleton soldiers coming towards them from the air with their robotic pterodactyls.

“Even with my reserve of natural energy, we won’t stand a chance against all of them” Star told.

“Then I suggest we run for our lives” Dusk told.

And the two brothers started run away. Seeing them going away, Opal said to Mallet:

“We must follow him. If Skullivar gets the Key, we're all doomed!”

And so they did. As they were running, Dusk said:

“If we reach the Chaos, we're safe.”

Stopping to avoid getting spotted, Opal asked:

“Your ship is called the Chaos? Fitting.”

“I didn’t even know you had a ship” Star said.

“It’s a long story” Dusk said to his brother, turning then to Opal. “And about my ship’s name, I'm gonna pretend that means cool in Obstang.”

They continued to run, only to stop at the last line of buildings before the stairs to the dock. Looking at the pterodactyls the skeletons were riding, he commented:

“They're really robot pterodactyls? If I wasn't about to shake in fear, I'd think that was really cool.”

“Yer a strange colt, Zak” Calabrass commented.

“That and he has our dad’s sense of humor” Star commented.

“Hey, dad has a great sense of humor” Dusk replied, turning then to Opal. “Do you have a boat?”

“No” she replied.

“If you want, I can take you on mine” Dusk said. “That is if we can take make him go.”

“Okay, I don’t know why you’re addressing your ship as a him, but I think I can help you with that” Opal replied, as she showed him Chaos’ clutch that she took from her satchel. “I thought I would get a use for this.”

“Well then, you’re welcome to join in” Dusk said, going then to grab a pouch from a merchant. “If you pay for this candy!”

And he and Star continued to run, with the others following and Opal paying the merchant while running.

“I'm not sure I want to be on the same boat as you” she replied.

The group started going down the stairs to the dock, but they all stop when they see the skeleton soldiers blocking their way.

“Big guy, do you think you can clear us the path all the way to the bay?” Dusk asked to Mallet.

“One thing Mallet likes more than seaweeds: bashing bone heads!” he replied, while taking his sword which got activated again.

And he charged toward the skeleton soldiers to clear the path for them. Above Star, Dusk, Calabrass and Opal, the skeleton soldiers on the pterodactyls started shooting at them. Star took off to deal with some of the soldiers, while Opal used her gun to shot a light rope on one of the pterodactyls’ tail, launch herself up and get onto one of the pterodactyls, knocking the pilot out, while Dusk and Mallet tried to take the soldiers down from the land.

Appearing at the top of the mast, Clover saw what was happening and said to the Chaos:

“Look, he's been chased by blood-thirsty Pteros. That would otherwise be totally cool.”

Realizing that he was babbling again, Clover hasted to exclaim:

“We have to help him!”

Answering to that, the Chaos launched the Plank in the direction of Dusk. Seeing it approaching, Dusk said:

“Awesome.”

Once the Plank was close enough, he leaped onto it and flew up to the sky and knocked down the skeleton soldiers and pterodactyls. Appearing next to Opal, she said:

“You're full of surprises, Dusk Storm.”

Dusk winked at her.

“Get ready!” Star said, approaching. “There are more skeletons coming!”

He was right, as more skeletons on pterodactyls started appearing. The three of them took down some of the soldiers and their pterodactyls. However, one of them caused Opal to fall from her pterodactyl, but Dusk caught her just in time, allowing her to land on the Plank.

“Did you learn to fly at the same place you learned to handle a sword?” Opal asked.

“You can hop off whatever you want, Opal.”

“It's Princess Opal to you.”

“Whatever.”

Dusk and Opal came down and jumped down from the Plank and landed onto the Chaos' deck, right at the stern, followed by Star, as the Plank went back to its original location. Dusk then proceeded to give Clover the pouch of candy he had requested.

“You thought of the candy!” he exclaimed, while going to hug Dusk. “Oh, you're the best captain ever, Dusk!”

Mallet also arrived on the Chaos just in time.

“We sort of make a good crew, don't you think?” Dusk asked Opal.

“Enough!” Golden Bones’ voice boomed.

“If we escape, I will let you know” she replied.

Golden Bones was at the top of a building at the docks, having his land soldiers all pointing crossbows at them. He then proceeded to say:

“Has it gotten through your tiny skull yet, young Storm? You are not equipped to lead. This is a battle you will not win. Ever.”

Turning to Opal, Dusk said:

“Opal, can you fix the boat? We’ll handle the rest!”

“Despite I wouldn’t take any orders from you, I guess it would be preferable to have a way out.”

Having said that, she went below deck. After that, Golden Bones said:

“You can put an end to all this. Give me the sword, the ship, and swear an oath of loyalty and I'll spare your life. I could even whisper a word to the Master so that he sends you home.”

“Skullivar could take me and my brother home?” Dusk asked.

“Skullivar is all-powerful” Golden Bones replied.

“Calabrass, what did you think?” Dusk asked.

“I'm not the Captain” he told.

“Star?”

“You already know my answer” Star told him. “The question is: what is yours?”

Closing his eyes for a moment, Dusk thought very carefully of what to do and then came to one conclusion:

“I want to go home. Bad. But I could never look my Mom and Dad in the eye if I sold out to you. Plus, when I finally do go home, so do my friends. We're in this together!”

“That’s my brother” Star told.

“Yeah, very captainish of you” Clover commented.

“And very, very stupid” Golden Bones replied, turning then to his soldiers. “Ready to attack at my command.”

“Dude, I don't think you caught the part about my friends” Dusk said. “I have a living sword, a brother, a bone-crushing Mighty Helmet warrior, an almost-ghost, a living ship, and...”

He didn’t finished, closing his eyes.

“And?” Golden Bones asked.

“And?” Mallet asked too.

Star also looked at his brother with curiosity of what he was about to say.

“What're you doing, Zak?” Calabrass asked.

“And...” Dusk said.

It was then that Dusk was able to hear the engine of the ship working again. Opal came out of below deck saying:

“Finished!”

“And the fastest princess mechanic in the entire Pony Reality!” Dusk exclaimed, holding Calabrass. “Calabrass, give me the Eye of Sino!”

There was a burst of light, after the Eye of Sino moved to the top, and Calabrass’ blade turned to ice, while Dusk gain a diamond-shaped eye-patch made of ice-blue lent with an ice-blue left foreleg became encased in ice armor. The buckle of his scabbard also got the symbol of Sino.

“Charge!” Golden Bones exclaimed.

But before any of the skeletons could fire, Dusk leaped up and stroke ice all over the docks, including Golden Bones and his army who got frozen solid.

“What in blazes is that?!” Golden Bones asked, before being frozen.

Landing on the bridge, detransformed, Dusk said, while turning on Chaos’ engines:

“Chaos, let get outta here! Full steam ahead!”

The Chaos then started sailing away from Marituga. Golden Bones was able to break free from the ice with his hook. Seeing Chaos getting away, he exclaimed:

“I loathe that child!”

After they were at high sea and away from danger, Dusk, placing Calabrass in his scrabble, went to the lowest deck where the others were and said to Opal:

“Thanks for fixing Chaos. If you and your viking don't want to stay, I can take you back to Marituga.”

“Why would you want us to stay?” Opal asked. “We tried to steal Calabrass!”

“Yeah… but you sort-of kick major butt in a fight” Dusk said. “And I'm never gonna do this on my own. I need a crew.”

Opal looked at Crogar who nodded to her in agreement.

“And a crew you shall have, Dusk Storm” she replied to him.

“Great… Princess Opal.”

“You can call me just Opal” she replied.

“Deal, Opal” he said, while bumping hooves with Opal.

“And I hope to have a first-mate I can trust and that can help whenever I’m in great need” Dusk said, turning to Star. “What do you say, big bro?”

Star smiled and said:

“You can count on me, little brother.”

“We should give ourselves a name!” Clover said, sitting on the bridge. “How about the Courageous Corsairs? Or the Treachery Team?! Or...”

“What about… The Sea Raiders?” Star asked. “It’s a sounding name and it fits our mission to search for the locks.

“It’s not a bad name” Opal said. “What do you think, Captain? The Sea Raiders?

“The Sea Raiders…” Dusk said, liking the sound of the name. “Let's do this! The Seven Seas are waiting for us! Sea Raiders, full steam ahead!”