• Published 14th Nov 2019
  • 472 Views, 6 Comments

Adventures in the Bermikun Triangle - Rakoon1



Dusk will embark on an adventure where he will have to lead a squad to open all the gateways that keeps a certain realm sealed, all while dealing with the bad guys that lurk around.

  • ...
2
 6
 472

The Lost Orb

The Sea Raiders were at that moment in Aeria, with the Chaos using his metal legs to jump from rock to rock that were going up. The only one that seemed to be enjoying all that jumping was Clover who didn’t stop cheering.

“Again, again!” he told Dusk, who was at the helm from the prow with Opal, from the tip of the bow.

“Don’t worry, Clover, we still have a lot to go” Dusk replied to him.

“Exactly” Star replied, while consulting Opal’s device and holding tight to her position. “The Lost Orb is higher, Dusk.”

“More, more, more!” Clover continued to cheer.

The Chaos continued to jump, but all that was not being very nice to Opal, who was at the deck with Mallet with a sickly look.

“Why couldn’t it get lost more down?” she asked, while trying to contain herself to not puke.

“Mallet like pure air” Mallet told her. “Pure like the mountains of Ragnasala. Breath!”

He took a very deep breath that he enjoyed, but Opal kept being airsick, something that only got worse with another jump.

“Sorry, Opal, but that’s what the map we got from Torg’s ship tells us to go” Star replied. “When we got it, at the first it made no sense as it was indicating Aeria and we had already opened that Waypoint. But after we opened the Beru Waypoint, we caught a signal coming from here which is the location descripted in the map.”

“Great, so we’re basically following a theory…”

“I think it’s much more than just a theory” Star replied. “There are reports about the Last Orb that contains the location of the last Waypoint. I think Torg had found the map with its location before he… well, you know.”

“Okay, let’s just end this… quickly as possible” Opal replied, while containing her puking reflex.

“Looks like our tinker princess is getting the quizzys” Calabrass commented to Dusk, causing him to chuckle.

The Chaos then gave a bigger jump, causing Opal to release a scream. After they landed on another rock, Calabrass asked cynically to Opal:

“Don’t feeling so good, are we?”

“I’m a princess of a kingdom mainly set inside a volcano and a sailor” she replied. “My natural environment is… well, anywhere but up here. Besides, you’re a sword, Clover is a ghost, Star is an alicorn used to fly, Dusk is a thrill seeker and Mallet… well, he’s Mallet. I’m the only one in an disadvantage here.”

“Just hang loose, Opal” Dusk advised her, while looking up to the highest stone where there was something shining. “We get the Lost Orb, use it to find the Waypoint of Vapir and we’re good.”

“Quickly then” Opal told. “It’s all I ask.”

“Hey, Captain Dusk, can we go on or is this a picnic?” Clover asked.

“It’s no picnic” Dusk replied. “Chaos!”

And the Chaos jumped again, with that being accompanied by Opal’s screams and Clover’s cheers.

“Ten out of ten of awesomeness” Clover said.

“Zero out of ten” Opal replied, while over the rail. “Sickness!”

She started to puke when she noticed something down there.

“What?” she asked, as she saw pteros approaching. “Dusk, we got company!”

“What sort?” Dusk asked.

Before she could answer, shots started to be fire at them.

“The bony kind” she said.

Leading the pteros was Golden Bones who shouted, while firing with his canon:

“Dusk Storm!”

“Oh-oh…” Dusk said, taking Calabrass, while he found the Chaos surrounded by the skeletons who kept firing. “Sea Raiders, to your battle stations!”

Star then went to the deck to help the others fighting off the skeletons on their pteros, with Mallet going to use one of Chaos’ side cannons. Dusk dodged the best he could the shots from the skeletons, jumping to the taffrail, and then said to Calabrass:

“Calabrass, give the Eye of Aeria!”

And so they transformed, with Calabrass becoming a shield. While using Calabrass to protect himself when the skeletons attacked, Dusk casted lightning from his hoof to hit some of the attackers.

“They are moving fast” Calabrass observed.

“I can be fast too” Dusk replied.

The young captain whistled and the Plank took flight from the bow and came to him, with Dusk jumping off the taffrail and landing on it. He then started moving around to better hit the skeletons.

While trying to shoot with her weapon, Opal started to feel the effects of her airsickness which caused her to drop her guard. Fortunately, Dusk was able to cover for her and blew up with the skeletons who were trying to attack her. After recovering, she continued to defend the Chaos from the skeletons.

With Calabrass now turned into an axe, Dusk continued to attack down the skeletons. After stopping for a moment, Calabrass asked him:

“While you’re up here, why not cease our chance to grab the orb?”

“Bored already?” Dusk asked.

“Just thinking about our dear tinker princess” he replied, motioning to the Chaos.

Using the binocular over his left eye, Dusk noticed how sicker Opal was getting. He already had to save her before and he didn’t know how long she would be able to hold on.

“She looks green…” Dusk said.

“Yeah, it looks like it is her new color” Calabrass commented.

At that moment, Dusk defended himself from a shot that came from Carver who started coming after him. The young captain started to move away from him, but the lieutenant skeleton kept tailing him. It was then that Bones appeared behind Carver and told him:

“Carver, leave Storm to me!”

“But I got right on my aim” he protested, while pointing his gun.

“It wasn’t a suggestion!” Bones replied.

Having no other choice, Carver turned his ptero around and moved away, leaving Bones pursuing Dusk instead. He started shooting at him, but the young unicorn was able to dodge all the shots.

“Did you come to give your farewell, Bones?” Dusk taunted. “That is, before we get out of the Bermikun Triangle?”

“You’re not out yet, Storm!” Golden Bones replied, while catching up with him. “Give me the sword of legend!”

“Sword of legend…” Calabrass said, while Dusk continued dodging Golden Bones’ attacks. “How can you say that with a straight face?”

“Lightning!” Dusk exclaimed.

“With pleasure!” Calabrass answered.

And they shot lightning on Golden Bones, hitting him and electrifying his ptero. While the ptero started to fall, Golden Bones shouted:

“No!”

With Golden Bones falling to the sea of clouds beneath them, Dusk exclaimed:

“Yeah!”

Now that Golden Bones had been dealt with, Dusk flew to the highest piece of rock and landed there, while detransforming and putting Calabrass back on the scabbard. For a moment, he looked into the fight that was happening down there, before Calabrass turning around and say:

“There she be!”

Dusk then headed towards a small crater on the rock where there was a shining orb.

“This is it?” he asked, while taking it with his magic.

“Aye, laddie” Calabrass answered. “And inside it tells you where to find the Waypoint of Vapir. However, it can only be unlocked once the other six Waypoints are unlocked.”

“So we just need to open it and…” Dusk started.

“We can all go home” Calabrass finished.

However, they had to cut short the celebrations as they started being attacked again. Golden Bones are returned to the skies and tried to hit Dusk again. His attacks caused Dusk to make a sudden dodge that made him drop the orb which started rolling to the edge of the rock.

“No!” Dusk exclaimed, unable to go after it because of Golden Bones’ attacks.

Annoyed by Golden Bones, Dusk did his best to better evade his attacks while trying to go after the orb. When it started to fell down, Dusk jumped as well and was able to grab it. Fortunately, Chaos, in his flying mode and steered by Star, was able to catch him.

“Nice work, Chaos!” Dusk congratulated, turning then to his crew. “Did you get them all?”

His question was answered when skeletons regrouped with Golden Bones who told them:

“At my command, maximum power! Fire!”

They all started to fire with everything they had. It was then that some of them caused some damage on Chaos, causing him to start falling, pushing Dusk back. Fortunately, he was caught in time by Opal’s magic and she brought him back to the deck. Chaos continued to fall down, heading towards the sea of clouds that existed beneath them. Before that situation, Dusk commanded:

“Chaos, submarine mode, now!”

He did so and they all dived into the clouds, with the pteros reaching the diving place seconds later.

“Dusk Storm is slivering away, Bones” Carver told his general.

“Silence!” he replied. “We’ll return to Netherwhere.”

And so they all started heading towards a vortex to Vapir.

As the Chaos advanced through the sea of clouds, Dusk asked to his crew:

“Anything broken?”

“Only my funny bone” Clover replied, laughing before releasing a painful moan.

They went then to the captain’s cabinet, where they placed the Lost Orb on the table.

“Why so much for little ball?” Mallet asked, while looking the orb closely.

“This is our map for out of here, Mallet” Dusk replied.

“Map is flat” Mallet said.

“This one isn’t” Opal told.

“I love this adventure!” Clover replied, appearing on Opal’s back. “What’s next, Captain Dusk?”

“We take this orb to the Great Library of Sino so we can see what’s inside of it” Dusk said. “It’s a good thing Star found out about it in the books.”

“Actually, it was in one of the books we got from Sassafras” Star replied. “So the good thing was that she decided to lend us some books for reuniting her family.”

“Any who, we have no time to waste” Dusk said. “After this little encounter with the skeletons, no doubt Skullivar will do anything to prevent us from leaving the Triangle.”

In Netherwhere, Golden Bones and his army were before Skullivar at his throne room. Golden Bones was walking with Skullivar, while the other skeletons were in line, heading towards the machine that Steam Forge had been forced to build, with him beside it.

“Yet again, you failed to seize the sword of legend” Skullivar said, while moving. “Yet again, you failed me, Bones!”

“Master, I promise you that…” Golden Bones started.

“I heard the same excuses before” Skullivar replied, turning to Bones. “My machine is ready and it needs a fitting chief. Carver!”

Carver stepped out of the line and Skullivar told him:

“You are now on command.”

“What?!” Golden Bones asked, not believing what he was hearing.

“As you wish, mighty Skullivar” Carver replied, turning then to Golden Bones. “You heard the master, Bones. It’s time to change course.”

“This is an outrage!” Golden Bones told Skullivar as he passed by him to head towards his throne.

“You have no choice” Carver said to him. “Steam Forge!”

Steam approached Carver a little nervously and gave him what appeared to be a golden sphere with a bottom surrounded by five blue circles. Once he had it, Carver told to Golden Bones:

“With this, I shall achieve in one minute what you failed to do in months.”

Irritated by Carver’s words, Golden Bones shouted, while preparing to attack with his hook:

“You insolent dog!”

But when Golden Bones prepared to land his attack, Carver pressed the button of the sphere, causing the circles to illuminate and he disappeared, much to Bones’ confusion.

“Dogs have sharp teeth, Bones” Carver’s voice was heard, echoing.

He reappeared, right behind Golden Bones, but when the latter realized that, it was too late, as Carver punched him and threw him against the floor. Turning to Carver, he asked:

“What Devil’s work is this?”

“An individual vortex inducer” Skullivar replied, nearby. “A portable teleporter, if you prefer.”

“This is how I will take the sword of legend from Dusk Storm” Carver told.

Not even Golden Bones had words to say anymore before that.

The Sea Raiders were able to find a vortex that took them from Aeria to Sino.

“Library ahoy!” Clover exclaimed, as they approached land.

“Finally…” Dusk said, while at the helm, with Star and Mallet beside him.

And they approached what appeared to be a fortress made of giant icicles. They sailed through the entrance and then advanced with Chaos using his metal legs. Inside, they were before what appeared to be a massive vault labyrinth, with each safe box containing an orb like the one they had. Despite it appearing deserted, there was someone there that could help them.

“Ahoy there!” Dusk called from the bow, sided by his friends, holding the Lost Orb with his magic.

After a few seconds, a voice said, while Chaos stopped:

“Yes, yes, hold on already. What do you want? What? What?”

And a troll appeared before them, but this one appeared different from the ones they had already encountered, as he didn’t appear to be dangerous and was wearing a white tunic.

“My name is Dusk Storm” Dusk introduced himself.

“Storm?” the troll repeated, gradually showing some enthusiasm. “Dusk Storm? The Dusk Storm? Oh my… I should have cleaned. The library is not ready for a legend.”

“I’m looking for the Waypoint of Vapir so my friends and I can finally leave the Bermikun Triangle” Dusk explained.

“Leave…” the troll meditated. “Well, yes, I imagine that your ghostly friend would like to restore his true form.”

“My true… form?” Clover repeated.

“Naturally” the troll replied. “Naturally yes. Whosoever leaves the Triangle is free from any Triangle curse.”

“You don’t say…” Calabrass said, thinking that maybe that also applied to him as well.

“How do you know that?” Dusk asked to the troll.

“Well, this is a library” the troll answered. “Ah, this young generation… so clueless. Each of these orbs contain part of the knowledge of the Seven Seas. What else there is to do here besides read?”

“Clover and Calabrass go home?” Mallet asked.

“Yuppi!” Clover celebrated. “All right!”

“Honorable, Keeper, we need your knowledge” Star told the troll.

“Ah, somepony who knows how to speak properly” the Keeper observed. “Well, I’m here for that. Proceed.”

“For ages we have searched for the Waypoint of Vapir” Star spoke. “We know the location lies inside this orb. Now that the other Waypoints are opened, that knowledge is at our grasp.”

“So let’s go to reading it” the Keeper replied. “Mister Storm, please hold the orb out.”

Dusk advanced to the tip of the bow and did what the Keeper told him to do. Before anything could happen, the Keeper asked him:

“Are you sure you are ready to learn all that lies hidden within?”

“I think so” Dusk replied.

“I hope you are” the Keeper told, while his eyes started to glow with the same happened with Dusk’s, while the orb started to move away until it got between the two of them. “That is because knowledge has a cost. Always a cost.”

And the orb emitted an intense light.

Meanwhile, outside, the Demoniac approached the Great Library of Sino. At the bridge, Carver was at the helm, holding the teleporter. He said:

“This teleporter works in a limited distance. It’s critical that we’re not detected until we are at least five hundred meters from the Chaos. So says your captain.”

“Enough with the titles already, Carver” Golden Bones said, between the skeletons that were before the new captain of the Demoniac. “You’re a fake. You step over your superiors and use gadgets to fight your enemy.”

“It hurts seeing someone succeeding in place of your failure… dog?” Carver asked.

“Enough of this!” Golden Bones shouted, fed with all of Carver’s arrogance.

He wanted to attack him, but he was prevented by the other skeletons.

“Na-ah-ah” Carver said, while turning around. “Before the sun sets, I will deliver the sword of legend to Skullivar and your fate will be sealed.”

Inside the library, Dusk was about to see what was inside the Lost Orb. It was then that he found himself advancing through the Sea of Vapir, reaching none other than Netherwhere. Getting inside of it, he entered Skullivar’s throne room and approached his throne, whose base opened and revealed Waypoint, whose appearance resembled the ones from Dezer and Beru, but with the color and symbol of Vapir.

“The Waypoint…” Dusk said, while getting out of his transe and turning to his friends. “The Waypoint… We found it!

Outside, the Demoniac was approaching the Great Library of Sino so that Carver could teleport to where the Chaos was. While Carver was at the front of the bridge, preparing himself, a skeleton was at the help, while verifying the distance they were from the location of the Chaos, counting it down:

“Seven hundred… Six hundred and sixty… Six hundred and twenty… Five hundred and eighty meters…”

Carver prepared himself to press the button, but Golden Bones was too much furious for seeing another about to have the glory that should be his. Unable to contain himself, Golden Bones decided to take back that glory and so knocked down the skeletons that were guarding him and then did the same with the skeleton at the helm. Carver noticed that, but it was too late, as Golden Bones activated the cannons which fired against the library.

The impacted caused the library to shake and, inside, some of the orbs fell down from their safe boxes and got smashed when hitting the floor.

“No!” the Keeper exclaimed. “My orbs!”

“Don’t worry, we know how to deal with this” Dusk replied. “Chaos, let’s move!”

And so the Chaos started heading towards the exit of the library.

In the Demoniac, after seeing what happened, Carver turned back and asked:

“Who opened fire?!”

“That button is too sensitive” Golden Bones replied, cynically, from the helm.

“You!” Carver exclaimed.

He pressed the teleporter and appeared behind Bones, punching him against the helm. Bones tried to attack, but Carver teleported back, beside the skeletons that had already reassembled. He took a saber from one of them and prepared to face Golden Bones who advanced to attack him. The golden skeleton tried to attack Carver, but he teleported to avoid the blow, reappearing behind him and preparing to land a blow. That blow was however defended by Golden Bones who tried to counterattack, only for that try be fooled by another teleportation by Carver. The latter prepared another attack, but Golden Bones avoided it and grabbed him, however Carver teleported away to escape.

After that, Golden Bones looked around, ready to face Carver from any possible direction, but he was able to attack him even so. At the second tried, the two crossed blades, but Carver continued to evade Golden Bones attacks one after the other thanks to the teleporter. It was then that the two got into a position where they started to measure their strengths.

Meanwhile, the Chaos got out of the library and Dusk, who was at the helm, summoned Chaos’ front cannon and started firing on the Demoniac. After that, he made Chaos return to his boat form while getting into the water and used his legs to jump over the Demoniac and run over it, returning to the water and sailing away as fast as he could.

Noticing the Demoniac was standing still, Clover asked:

“Why are they not chasing us?”

“Worry about that later” Dusk replied, while steering. “I saw what’s inside the orb. The final Waypoint is hidden inside the fortress of Netherwhere.”

That new shocked the others and Opal said:

“But that’s Skullivar’s home.”

“If he is waiting for us, let’s not keep him waiting” Dusk proclaimed. “Set course!”

He activated the full power of Chaos’ engines and they started heading towards the nearest vortex to Vapir.

Inside the Demoniac, the fight between Golden Bones and Carver continued, but Bones continued to be at the disadvantage because of Carver’s use of the teleporter. It was then that Carver was able to throw Golden Bones against the floor and then told him, while pointing him the saver:

“I arrest you for mutiny. You deliberately sabotaged our mission. Put him in the brig!”

The other skeletons hesitated before that order as, despite Carver being their captain, they still didn’t know if they should obey it, as Golden Bones had been their leader for so long. Noticing they were not obeying, Carver shouted:

“Now!”

And so they started doing what he commanded, surrounding Golden Bones who got up who started advancing.

“It is I who must bring back the sword to our master” he said to Carver. “And it is I who will.”

After giving that warning to Carver, Golden Bones was escorted to the exit, while Carver replied:

“You will do nothing other than rot!”

And Golden Bones got out of the bridge and then Carver turned to the helm and asked to the skeleton that was at the helm before, while advancing towards him:

“Now where is that ship?”

“The Chaos?” he asked. “Ah… He took a vortex to Vapir while you were fighting the general.”

Indeed Chaos had taken the vortex, arriving to Vapir.

“Vapir, the Sea of Mist…” Dusk said, while they got into a quiet movement. “Take a good look, friends, this may be the last time you see it.”

“Not so fast, Dusk” Star replied. “We’re not there yet. First, we have to face Skullivar and his troops.”

“And, if there is a Waypoint, it means there’s also a Guardian” Opal added.

“We’ll need to be awfully clever” Clover said, appearing next to her.

“And nothing of that scares me one lick” Dusk told, approaching them. “After all this time, all this adventures, I have the perfect team for what lies ahead.”

That speech caused Mallet to get tears on his eyes and say:

“Mallet have beautiful memories.”

“So will we all” Star said, while looking ahead.

They continued to move ahead, however they were being tailed by the Demoniac which had been able to return quickly to Vapir and was now following the Chaos underwater. Using the periscope, Carver was able to have a look on the enemy. Releasing it, he said to the others, while holding the teleporter:

“Success, mates, where there was only failure.”

Reaching Netherwhere, the Chaos stopped behind an echo island in order to avoid being detected by the radars of the fortress.

“Netherwhere…” Dusk said, while looking to Skullivar’s fortress, taking then Calabrass and addressing to his friends. “Get ready.”

Mallet took his sword, preparing it, while Clover checked his chains, Opal her weapon and Star charged his horn.

“Ready, Calabrass?” Dusk asked his trusty sword.

“Never been more ready, captain” he replied.

Dusk then noticed that Opal was making some adjustments to her weapon.

“You’re making adjustments now?” he asked her.

“We have to surprise Skullivar” she replied. “Think outside the box. Not follow old patterns.”

After finishing the adjustments, she took some gravel they had there and threw it, firing after that. With one shoot, she was able to create multiple blasts that hit each of the fragments.

“She be right” Calabrass agreed. “Ye should hold me by the blade.”

“Arr, arr…” Dusk said, faking laugh, while the others smiled.

At that moment, there was a flash and they saw that Carver had just appeared on the prow of the Chaos.

“Carver!” Dusk exclaimed.

Both Star and Opal shot, but Carver teleported and avoided the attacks.

“He has some kind of mini vortex” Dusk noticed.

“Everypony stand guard” Star said. “He can reappear anywhere.”

They all looked around, but Carver appeared right between them. Opal tried to fire, but Carver was able to hold her and her weapon. Despite her efforts to fight back, Carver caused her to trip down the stairs to the deck below.

Carver then started fighting both Star and Dusk, while trying to grab Calabrass, but then teleported when noticed they would be able to subdue him. He then was able to make a quick attack on Dusk, attacking him and throwing out of the bow.

After that he made quick attacks on Star and Clover (who teleported away) as well. Mallet tried to attack him with his sword, but Carver teleported away, appearing right behind him and throwing to the deck below as well. Addressing to Dusk, Carver said:

“There’s a new captain on the Demoniac, Dusk Storm, and this one takes no prisioners.”

At the brig of the Demoniac, Golden Bones was inside a cell with a skeleton guarding him.

“Soldier” Golden Bones called.

“Yes, general?” he asked, while turning to him.

“Under whose orders have you served longer? Mine or Carver’s?”

“Yours, general.”

“And whom do you trust more?” Golden Bones asked. “Me or Carver?”

“This is a tricky question, isn’t it?” the soldier asked back.

“Do you consider yourself smarter than Skullivar?” Golden Bones asked.

“Oh, never, general!” the soldier replied.

“And do you think Skullivar will be pleased to learn that his most faithful general had been put in the brig by his own soldiers?”

“Well, I’m thinking that…”

“He will not!” Golden Bones shouted. “Open this door and I’ll ask Skullivar to forgive you for this treason.”

“Me?” the soldier asked.

“You have the keys…” Golden Bones told.

At the Chaos, Dusk had enough of Carver so he said:

“Calabrass, give me the Eye of Sino!”

They transformed and, after that, he jumped to attack Carver, but he again teleported away.

“That bag of bones is starting to get on my nerves” Calabrass said, while Dusk looked around for Carver.

It was then that Carver reappeared on the bow and so Dusk casted a blast of ice, only for the skeleton to teleport again. He reappeared again behind Dusk, but teleported again when the young captain tried another attack. He continued to try to attack Carver, but, much like how he did with Golden Bones, Carver kept teleporting. During one of those attacks, Dusk accidently froze Mallet.

“No!” Dusk exclaimed. “Mallet!”

His worry for Mallet distracted Dusk enough for Carver to appear behind him. Fortunately, Star saw him and told:

“Behind you!”

Dusk reacted just in time, moving Calabrass away when Carver tried to get it. The two engaged again in battle, but again Carver teleported away when Dusk prepared another blow.

“Two can play this game” Clover said, teleporting as well.

While Dusk continued to fight Carver, Clover appeared nearby and tried to use his chain and ball on Carver, only for him to teleport to the bow. But Clover also teleport and this time was able to hit Carver, throwing him overboard. But before he could hit the water, Carver teleported again. He reappeared before Clover and tried to grab him, but the young ghost was quick enough to teleport and reappear on him, fighting him. But Carver got rid of him by teleporting, with Clover following the same way.

The two continued this battle of teleportation around the Chaos, what clearly confused the others, mainly Opal, who had just recovered from her sickness. It was that she noticed something.

“Demoniac!” she shouted.

It was then that they saw the Demoniac immerging from the waters of Vapir. Even Carver was caught by surprise by that.

“More uninvited guests” Dusk said.

Golden Bones was at the command of the bridge, looking at the Chaos through the periscope.

“Fire at will!” he commanded.

“Yes, general” the soldier that was guarding him replied.

And so they started firing at the Chaos. Before that, Carver shouted at the Demoniac:

“Cease fire! Cease fire!”

“They’re crazy!” Clover said, turning to the Demoniac. “Hey, we got your buddy on board!”

But the Demoniac continued to fire.

“What treason is this?!” Carver asked.

The shots of the Demoniac caused the Chaos to balance so hard that caused Opal to fall down on Carver’s hooves. He took that chance to grab her and then teleport away.

“Opal!” Dusk called.

It was then that Carver reappeared in midair.

“Dusk!” Opal called.

“No!” Dusk replied.

Carver dropped her, teleporting soon after. Dusk was quick to try to reach her, grabbing her hoof just in time.

“Thank you” she thanked.

“What are friends for?” Dusk asked.

At that moment, Carver appeared right next to Dusk and said, while starting to snatch Calabrass:

“That’s your weakness.”

He took Calabrass from Dusk, undoing the Sino transformation.

“Calabrass!”

“You lose, Storm” Carver said, while using the teleporter to teleport away.

“No!”

Carver reappeared behind the helm of the Demoniac and started to make the ship move away as quick as possible. After Star came to help Opal get back on board, Dusk advanced to the bow and got onto the Plank which was dispatched by the Chaos and the young captain tried to reach the Demoniac.

There, Calabrass shouted at Carver:

“Let go of me, you skullyslag!”

Feeling someone approaching, Carver turned around and saw Golden Bones.

“Bones!”

He tried to use Calabrass to attack Golden Bones, but the latter was able to defend the attack and replied:

“That’s General Bones to you, Carver.”

And, with a quick movement, Golden Bones was able to take Calabrass from Carver and cut his armor with his hook. With that wound, Carver saw any other option, but teleport out of there. He reappeared in midair, right in front of Dusk who collided with him. The two then fell on a nearby echo island. Raising his head, Dusk saw the Demoniac getting further away and shouted:

“No, Calabrass!”

Finding himself on Golden Bones’ possession, Calabrass asked:

“So, Bones, ye always get others to do your dirty work?”

“It keeps my hooves clean for the important stuff” he replied, while laughing, turning then to the soldier. “Set a course to Netherwhere.”

“Aye, aye, captain” he replied.

At the echo island, Carver, who had some of his bones scattered, said to Dusk, in a mocking tone:

“Looks like we both lost out.”

Dusk stood up, approached him and replied:

“Speak for yourself, bonebag.”

And Dusk proceeded to take the teleporter, telling then:

“Your loss, my gain.”

Whistling, Dusk called back the Plank. After it arrived, Dusk placed himself onto it and flew away. Watching him, Carver said:

“I don’t wish you good luck, Storm, but, if you can smash Bones for me, be my guest.”

Dusk returned to the Chaos, where Star was able to unfreeze Mallet who was now fast asleep. Jumping to the deck, Dusk asked Star:

“How’s he doing?”

The others made him a sign that he was okay, but Star noticed that Dusk had returned alone.

“Where’s Calabrass?” he asked.

“They took him away” Dusk replied, saddened.

“What?!” they all asked.

“Don’t think I didn’t try” Dusk said.

“If Skullivar gets that sword, all is lost” Star told.

“We were so close in going home” Opal said. “Now… it’s all over.”

“Not necessarily” Dusk replied, showing then the teleporter.

“Is that the teleporter?” Opal asked, while taking it.

“It took some damages” Dusk told. “Do you think you can fix it?”

“I can try” she replied.

“What’s your plan?” Star asked his brother.

“It’s like Opal said: we have to adapt” he answered. “We may not have Calabrass for the moment, so let’s find the solution.”

Moving to the prow, he continued:

“We’re going to get Calabrass back and we’re getting out of the Triangle together. Let’s do this!”

They all nodded with him, even Mallet who had just awaken.

In Netherwhere, Golden Bones approached Skullivar’s throne, kneeled before his master, while showing him Calabrass, and said:

“I have what you sought, master.”

Extended his hand, Skullivar used his telekinesis to bring Calabrass to him.

“I’m warning ye, Skull, you can’t force me to do anything” the talking sword told him, while Skullivar grabbed him.

“I will not force you” Skullivar replied, while moving away from his throne and advancing towards the machine. “You will obey on your own free will. Steam Forge!”

Steam appeared from behind the machine and asked, while kneeling:

“Yes, master Skullivar?”

“Start the machine” Skullivar ordered.

Steam nodded with his head and, with a very heavy heart, he activated the machine. His activation started to cause something on Calabrass, as he felt a great pain, while Skullivar laughed.