• Published 14th Nov 2019
  • 468 Views, 6 Comments

Adventures in the Bermikun Triangle - Rakoon1



Dusk will embark on an adventure where he will have to lead a squad to open all the gateways that keeps a certain realm sealed, all while dealing with the bad guys that lurk around.

  • ...
2
 6
 468

Tanah Lost

In Beru, the Sea Raiders were sailing around, approaching a certain island. While using Star’s telescope, Dusk looked around the island and asked Opal:

“Are you sure, Opal? There seems to not be anything special about this island.”

“Well, maybe not to a naked eye, Dusk, but I detect a very strong energy” Opal replied, while looking to her device.

“Maybe there’s treasure” Calabrass said, while Dusk rolled his eyes with a smile, as that was always what his talking sword normally said.

“Whatever it is, we’re going to find out” Dusk said.

Arriving to the shore, Dusk turned off the engine. He, Opal and Mallet got out of the Chaos, with Dusk saying:

“Opal, Mallet, with me.”

As they wandered on the sand, Opal asked:

“Okay, why is Star not here, instead of me? Normally, he’s the one to join your three-pony team.”

“You know he has to focus in finding the other Waypoints” Dusk replied. “I mean, there’s only three left. Don’t worry, Opal, I don’t think we’re going to face anything serious around here.”

“I don’t know if you’ve noticed, but, most of the times you say that, we really get into trouble” Opal answered back.

After a few moments, Dusk noticed something shining and said, pointing:

“There!”

They runned towards the source of the glow and found an old chest.”

“Ah ah, a treasure!” Calabrass exclaimed, happily. “I told you so!”

It was a weird looking chest, with it possessing a figure that was a creature of bizarre look with long fangs, three horns, a fire-looking hair and orange eyes. On the top, there were some symbols.

“There’s a lock” Dusk observed.

“And look at this inscriptions” Opal said, looking to the symbols. “Maybe we should decipher them before opening it. Perhaps Star may be able to do it.”

“Okay, Opal, look, while my brother is trying to read hieroglyphics, I’ll try the fast Dusk Storm method” Dusk replied, while taking Calabrass.

“Go ahead, laddie” Calabrass encouraged. “Show her how a real pirate opens a chest.”

Using Calabrass’ blade, Dusk tried to force the chest’s top to open. When he was able to do it, it was released a blast of energy that casted them all back. It was then that a strange glow came from it and an immense creature appeared, possessing the same face that was on the chest.

It stepped out of the chest and tried to attack Dusk, who dodged and went to get Calabrass, while Opal used her weapon to attack. But the creature resisted it and then, using a finger, touched with his nail on one of Opal’s hidelegs, causing an immense pain to her, while a green glow emanated from there and spread through her body. Feeling dizzy, Opal couldn’t resist and passed out. Before that, Dusk said to Calabrass:

“Hurry, Calabrass, give me the Eye of Blazz!”

And they transformed, getting the fire power they needed. They shot a blast of fire at the creature, but it, despite stopping from attacking a defenseless Opal, didn’t seem very affected by the fire. It tried to grab Dusk, but he dodged and again when it tried to do the same it did to Opal.

But then, giving a big jump, Dusk casted a fireball that hit the creature right on the face. It seemed to have worked, as it screamed in pain and stepped back. After that, he used fire to surround the creature, allowing Mallet to get Opal. The creature made a big jump to attack Dusk, but he made another fire attack that hit it and cast it back. Dusk made another big jump and shouted:

“Fire Storm!”

And he released a very big explosion of fire against the creature, knocking him down. Dusk prepared himself to attack it again, but the creature jumped into the water and swam away. After it was away, Dusk detransformed and went to Opal and Mallet, worried about the former.

“Opal!” he called, arriving.

He saw that her coat had adopted a greenish color, what really worried Dusk and Mallet. With the latter carrying Opal, they all returned to the Chaos. Arriving there, Clover approached as Mallet went to place her against a wall, as Star appeared from the captain’s cabin, and asked:

“What happened?”

“A creature attacked us. Star, please, can you look at her. We have to do something fast.”

Star flapped his wings to reach her faster and then, after getting into sage mode, he started to examine her. He was able to feel some infective magic in her.

“She was poisoned.”

“Oh, no kidding…” Calabrass said, sarcastically.

“A patch of ash and leaves” Mallet suggested. “It’s the Mighty Helm way of healing snake bites.”

“I’m afraid it won’t work” Star said, as Opal moaned with all the pain she was feeling. “It’s not a natural poison.”

“Isn’t anything you can do?” Dusk asked. “Come on, Star, this is your specialty.”

“Even with all my knowledge, I still know so little about the Triangle and the creatures that inhabit it” he replied.

“Well, we could cut off her legs to prevent it from spreading” Calabrass told, making Dusk glare at him angrily. “What? Are we or are we not pirates?”

“Even if that could work, it wouldn’t do anything by now” Star replied. “It’s already circulating through her all body.”

Reuniting some of the forces she still had, Opal tried to say:

“The inscriptions on the chest… Get it… We need…”

And so she passed out.

“She’s right” Dusk said, standing up. “We’ll take the chest to Sassafras. With the inscriptions on it, we should definitely find a cure.”

Without anything more to be said, Mallet got out of the Chaos to get the chest, while Star said:

“It’s a long way until Marituga, Dusk.”

“I know, but it’s our only option” Dusk said. “We just need to go as fast as we can to get as much time as possible.”

“Wait, that’s it!” Star said. “We can get some time by slowing down the process of the poison using ice.”

“Star, you’re a genius!” Dusk told, while taking Calabrass. “Calabrass, give me the Eye of Sino!”

They transformed and then Dusk used Calabrass’ blade to incase Opal inside a block of ice.

“There we go…” Dusk said, after finishing freezing Opal, detransforming soon after and placing Calabrass on the scabbard. “That will buy us some time, just like you said, Star. Now, to get that chest…”

But before he could get out, Mallet came in with the chest.

“Great…” Dusk said, impressed by Mallet’s promptitude. “Good job, Mallet. Chaos, set a course to Marituga.”

Preparing the sails, the Chaos activated his engines and started sailing away from the island. Arriving to Marituga, they went to get Sassafras, bringing her to the Chaos so that she could read the inscriptions on the chest. Using her magnifying glass, she analyzed them. After a while, she made a shocked sound and asked Dusk:

“You opened it, you fools?! Didn’t you read the inscriptions?!”

Despite Dusk made a confused look, while shrugging his shoulders, Calabrass replied to her:

“Uh, we didn’t come to hear your lectures, Sassafras.”

She replied with an angry look, but Sassafras let it sly and so went to consult the book she had brought. After a while, she said:

“Okay… I thought I recognized these symbols.”

“What language is it?” Star asked, curious. “I’ve never seen anything like it.”

“It’s the language of Beru’s oldest inhabitants” she replied. “You know, I’m a descendant of them… Of course that comes with the disadvantage of having to endure the damages of the time here in the Triangle, unlike you who came after those two Generals sealed it. It’s a good thing I was able to come up with a little something to extend my life and…”

“Sassafras, could you please focus?” Dusk asked, not wanting at all get to know about Sassafras’ personal thoughts.

“Oh, right, right…” she said. “It’s a good thing I can read some of it. Here we go… Oh!”

“What?” Dusk asked.

“The inscription on your chest reads: Here in is locked the evil spirit Buto.”

“Buto?” Dusk asked. “You mean that was the monster?”

Sassafras nodded.

“It must be an evil spirit that came from the same place as Discord” Star said. “The Triangle was formed with that residual chaotic magic around the portal he made to come. Buto must have followed him and ended up here. What can you tell us about what he did to Opal, Sassafras?”

“When his poison runs through your veins all antidotes are in vain.”

“What?!” the Sea Raiders asked.

“Let me finish” Sassafras said, continued to read the book. “Except for the spring in Tanah Lost Temple. The only thing that can heal someone poisoned by Buto’s sting.”

“Tanah Lost?” Dusk repeated. “Well, we don’t have a minute to lose. Find the route, Star.”

He nodded and went to do what he asked, while Dusk said to Sassafras:

“Thanks, Sassafras.”

He extended the hoof to receive the book who had additional information they could use. But the old sorceress just made a nervous laugh and said:

“Well… I could give you the book… for a small price, of course.”

But Dusk, who had no patience for her greed, just kept extending the hoof, while making an angry look.

“But I’m certain we can discuss it as soon you return” she said, nervously, handing the book to Dusk. “Good luck.”

After Sassafras left the Chaos, they sailed away, trying to find Tanah Lost.

“I hope we can find it” Dusk said.

“Don’t worry, Dusk” Calabrass tranquilized. “Opal is brave. She’ll make it.”

Meanwhile, Mallet went to place a big plate full of seaweed in front of Opal, while positioning himself in a praying pose. Clover then appear there and, noticing all that, said:

“Uh, you know, I don’t really think she’ll be able to eat.”

“This is an offering to the higher beings” Mallet explained, proudly. “That way, Opal won’t be hungry when she comes out of ice. Good luck.”

“Oh, okay” Clover said, as Mallet moved away. “These Mighty Helm are so weird.”

At the bow, while Dusk was steering, Star was consulting the book, saying:

“The old inhabitants of Beru spoke an amazing language. Very complex. I want to know more about it.”

“We just need to find the spring, get Opal drink some water and, boom, she’s healed” Dusk said. “That’s what was written, right?”

“According to my experience, nothing ever goes as planned, Dusk” Star replied.

It was then that Clover, at the top of the mast, shouted:

“Hey, there it is! Tanah Lost!”

And so they approached the island. As they were sailing around it, Star said:

“Wait, wait, I found something!”

They stopped and Star continued:

“It’s about Tanah Lost!”

“Can you understand the symbols now?” Dusk asked.

“Yes, but slow down” Star said, while looking to the book. “For what I can see here, this place is protected by a… I can’t cypher this one…”

But the others didn’t need to know the meaning of that symbol as they knew what kind of creature protected Tanah Lost, as it had just immerged from the sea, impressing everyone on board with its size.

“Could it be a snake?” Dusk asked.

“Yeah, that’s it” Star replied. “A snake. How did you know?”

It was then that Star noticed the creature.

“Just a guess” Clover told.

The creature was indeed a very big snake with green scales and a very big red eye.

“I’m sick of evil spirits!” Calabrass exclaimed, as the others prepared for battle. “Is that all they got in the old Beru civilization?”

“Evil spirit or not, it will not gonna stop us” Dusk said. “This is about saving Opal. Chaos, straight ahead!”

And he pulled the level of the engine, causing Chaos to go at full speed, as the big snake dived to make an attack. Dusk saw the entrance of the island, but when he prepared to go there, the big snake jumped out and then dived again, causing its body to serve as an obstacle that forced the Chaos to dodge. He started moving away, with the snake following him. It forced Dusk to make sharp turns, but that only caused Opal to be thrown around. Clover, while trying to get her, told:

“Careful, Dusk!”

When Opal was about to go overboard, Mallet was able to grab her just in time. But when another attack from the snake, forced Dusk to make another sharp turn, he threw Mallet to the other side, causing him to drop Opal and she flew to the other side, about to fall on the sea.

“Okay, let’s play…” Clover said, invoking her ball and chain.

He threw it and was able to get Opal, pulling her back to the deck and said, while on her and moving around because of the movements of the ship:

“I got her! I got her!”

As Clover continued to slide around the deck with the Chaos still trying to evade the snake, he said to Mallet:

“Get ready.”

Understanding what he meant, Mallet went to one of the sides of the deck and Clover, reaching the other one, pushed back the chain, causing Opal to be thrown again, but this time being caught by Mallet who placed her safely on the deck.

“Victory!” he shouted.

It was then that the snake immerged right in front of them, between the Chaos and the entrance to the island, with her body surrounding the ship completely. Annoyed and frustreated, Dusk said:

“If we can’t avoid it, we’ll fry it.”

Taking Calabrass and jumping the helm to go face the snake, Dusk shouted:

“Calabrass, give me the Eye of Blazz.”

They then transformed with Dusk landing at the edge of the bow, exclaiming:

“Firestorm!”

He casted a blast of fire that hit the snake right on the head. It was then that he started to talk on some strange language. That really confused Dusk, as the snake continued to speak on the strange language.

“He’s been in the Triangle for so long that he could at least try to speak our language” Calabrass commented.

Star arrived to his brother and said, while consulting the book:

“We’re on his territory, so we should speak his language.”

“Oh, I can teach him the language of steel if he wants” Calabrass said. “It’s very easy to learn.”

“Hush!” Star told him, needing silence to concentrate in finding the right words to say.

He went through the symbols, seeing how they could be said, and then told:

“Okay, I got!”

“Be careful, big bro” Dusk said. “If he attacks, I’m not sure either of us can stop him.”

“Thanks for the support” Star replied, sarcastically, while flapping his wings to get at the same level as the snake.

After that, Star said something on the same language as the snake. But he reacted by spatting a green smoke that hit Star. Despite being stinky, it would appear it was harmless.

“Are ye sure about his?” Calabrass asked Star.

The young alicorn tried to get another thing to say, consulting the book.

“Does anyone has a flute?” Clover asked. “Maybe we can make him dance until he drops from exhaustion.”

It was then Dusk tried to speak other things he found in the book and that could be useful to prove the snake they weren’t his enemies. After that, the snake looked at him and then to the others and seemed to relax, what really made Dusk become relieved, as he detransformed and put Calabrass back on the scabbard, while Star landed.

While observing the Chaos, the snake saw the chest from earlier and said:

“Buto…”

Dusk, however, was able to tell what he meant.

“Oh, I get it” he said. “He must thing Buto is inside that chest.”

And so he jumped to the lower deck, approached the chest and told the snake:

“Don’t worry. No Buto inside. We’re here for Tanah Lost spring… for injured friend.”

And he pointed to Opal, whose frozen body was still being held by Mallet. The snake just stood there, staring and hissing.

“See him?” Calabrass said to Dusk. “I don’t think he gets it.”

“Look” Dusk said to the snake, while going to open the chest.

“Easy there, Dusk” Star advised.

Dusk opened the chest and, at first, the snake seemed to get agitated, but then saw that the chest was completely empty.

“You see?” Dusk asked. “Buto is not in here.”

Clover teleported to Mallet’s side and whispered to him, while floating:

“Luckily, he doesn’t know we let the bad guy go free.”

The snake continued to observe them and Star knew it was up to him to tell the snake Opal was sick. He started to say it in old Beruan, saying they needed to get to the spring of Tanah Lost to heal their friend. The snake noticed Opal and then talked to Star and started to move away. Star landed on the bow, as Dusk approached him, and Calabrass said:

“Well, it was about time!”

“See, Calabrass, it’s good to use an encyclopedia” Star told the talking sword.

“Yeah, yeah, okay…” he replied, not very amused.

And so the Chaos followed the snake into the entrance of Tanah Lost, where the spring was located. They got amazed by the beauty of it. The stone walls glimmered as the entering sunlight touched them, while the spring sprouted water in a magnificent waterfall, complementing the beauty of it even more. The snake guardian was resting on the stone shore.

“But what marvelous architecture!” Star admired.

“There’s no time for sightseeing, Star” Dusk said, while going to take Calabrass. “Come on, let’s free Opal now.”

He then proceeded to cut the ice that was covering her, releasing her. She was caught by Mallet and Star told him:

“Mallet, carry Opal to the waterfall.”

He then got out of the Chaos and headed to the waterfall, followed by Dusk and Star. Arriving to the waterfall, Mallet took a cup and filled it with water that he then gave to Opal to drink. Once she swallowed the water, the greenish tone on her coat disappeared and she started to wake up, feeling herself get her strength back.

“Thank you” Opal said to Mallet.

“It worked!” he replied, while Star and Dusk bumped hooves.

“So we just battled a giant snake, but she thanks him because he carried her” Calabrass grunted.

“Cut it, Cal” Dusk replied.

“Blimey!”

“Opal, I’m really sorry for what happened” Dusk told Opal, as she and Mallet approached. “I shouldn’t have put you in danger.”

“Do not worry, Dusk” she replied. “Everything is fine now.”

“For what I can see, you really seem in top shape” Star observed. “Completely healed.”

Opal got relieved to hear Star saying that and then looked around the spring.

“What a magnificent place this is!” she exclaimed.

“You mean you’re glad I opened the chest?” Dusk asked in a teasing way.

“No, I would not go that far” Opal chuckled.

Dusk returned the chuckle and then said, also admiring the spring:

“I didn’t even know that places like these existed in the Triangle.”

“Aye, it almost makes you want to stay put” Calabrass agreed, as they headed back to the Chaos. “A hammock, an orange juice, a cool air… We liked here.”

As they got on board, Clover said to Opal:

“Wonderful! You look super healthy! And since you missed some of the adventure… One, we played hoofball with you. Two, we found a giant snake, which turned out to be nice and now he’s our friend. And three, we found the famous spring of Tanah Lost.”

As they started to move away, Opal commended:

“Impressive…”

“Yeah, now it’s time to get back to action” Dusk said, as they got out of the island. “Should I remind you we should be trying to escape the Bermikun Triangle? Let’s go! Full steam ahead, Chaos!”

He pulled the engine level and Chaos advanced. However, unknowing to them, Buto was grabbing himself to Chaos’ hull and then let it go and started swimming towards Tanah Lost. He reached the entrance to the spring and immerged from the water while the snake guardian was sleeping calmly. He approached the snake and extended one of his fingers, preparing to sting him.

As the Sea Raiders were sailing away from Tanah Lost, Dusk was sterring the helm, having Opal and Mallet beside him, and then the former asked:

“Star, how long until we reach our next port?”

But, as he didn’t receive an answer from his brother, he called him:

“Star?”

He then found him reading the book they got from Sassafras at the lower deck and told him:

“Star, enough with the reading. I need you. Tanah Lost was nice. It was lovely. But visiting time is over.”

Star then sighed and said:

“Too bad… It’s just the old inhabitants of Beru had a fascinating civilization.”

“Come on, Star, you think about it later.”

It was then they got a very big turbulence that caused Star to drop the book overboard. Something was attacking the Chaos from under the sea, while grabbing his hull.

“Over there!” Clover shouted.

It was then that the snake guardian immerged in front of them. His eye had been turned green. He then started to say something to them, but it was Old Beruan and so they couldn’t understand it.

“Translation?” Opal asked Star.

“Well… I lost the book before I could truly master the language” he replied. “It fell on the water.”

“I’ll get it” Opal said, making her diving suit come and putting it on. “Deal with him.”

She then dived and went to the book, being able to grab it. Once she had it, Opal started to swim back to the Chaos.

The snake prepared himself to attack and Dusk and Mallet also did the same, but Star said:

“Wait, let me try something.”

He then started to say something to the snake, but he just tried to bite him. Fortunately, Star was quick on his wings to dodge the attack.

“Okay, at least I tried” Star replied, landing.

“Looks like you’re not a friend anymore” Dusk said to the snake. “Calabrass, give me the Eye of Aeria!”

And the two of them transformed, with Calabrass becoming a shield, and Dusk used him to create a pulse of purple energy that pushed the snake back. Dusk then run towards the tip of the bow, using Calabrass to defend himself from the snake’s attacks.

“Wall of the Tempest!” Dusk shouted, while shooting electricity from his transformed hoof.

That attack really had some effect on the snake who went down a little, but his tail whipped on Dusk and threw him in direction of the snake’s mouth. Fortunately, he was able to land with his hooves on both sides of his mouth, using Calabrass to shock the snake to prevent him from eating him, what caused Dusk to be thrown back to the Chaos, hit the sail and fall on the deck, causing him and Calabrass to detransform and the latter to say:

“Oh my, I’m getting tired!”

To their luck, Opal returned and threw the book to Star who caught it with his magic and started reading it. While he was doing it, Clover teleported to the top of the mast and attack the snake with his chain, what really pained him. Clover teleported to the side of his friends and said:

“Hey, look, he’s not that tough.”

“That’s weird” Dusk commented. “He was pretty much invincible before.”

“Of course!” Star exclaimed. “Okay, I think I got it.”

Flapping his wings to get at the same level as the snake, he started to say something. But then the snake grabbed him with his mouth.

“Star!” the others called, worried.

The snake then started swimming away, going towards Tanah Lost. Hasting to save his brother, Dusk run towards the bow and told Chaos:

“Chaos, give me the Plank!”

Once he jumped onto the Plank, the Chaos deployed it and Dusk followed the snake, while asking Calabrass:

“Ready, pirate?”

“I was ready before I was born” he replied.

The snake arrived to the spring and then spat out Star who fell on the stone shore, along with the book.

“Oh boy…” he said, noticing his situation.

It was then that Dusk and Calabrass arrived on the Plank and hit the snake, whose head fell on the shore. Landing next to his brother, Dusk asked:

“Star, are you alright?”

“Yeah, he didn’t hurt me” Star said, getting up.

The Chaos also arrived at the precise moment the water started to become green.

“Look to the water” Opal said.

Heading to the spring, they saw that it was becoming green too.

“Oh no…” Star said. “The spring has been poisoned.”

“That’s what’s wrong with the snake” Dusk realized.

“But why is snake attacking Chaos?” Mallet asked, as he arrived to their side.

They turned and saw Opal approaching the snake.

“Be careful” Dusk told her.

Opal got to his side, with the snake just standing quiet.

“Do not worry” she told him, while massaging his head. “I experienced this too. It is Buto’s poison. He followed us here.”

“That’s it!” Dusk exclaimed. “We were his bait. That’s why the snake attacked us. He thinks we did it on purpose.”

“Well, I say, if Buto is lingering, we shall teach him a lesson” Calabrass said. “We will put him back into his box.”

“Yeah, but, this time, we won’t do anything stupid” Dusk said, while taking the book. “We won’t survive unless we use the encyclopedia. Star, try to find a solution in the book.”

Star took the book and said, while consulting:

“There must be a formula to send him back to his chest.”

At that moment, they heard a familiar sound and so they saw Buto immerging from the spring. Mallet and Opal took their weapons and Dusk said:

“Okay, everypony, protect yourselves.”

“He looks stronger than he was last time” Opal observed.

“It must be the spring” Dusk theorized.

But was about to attack when Dusk called:

“Give me the Eye of Sino!”

The Eye of Sino was activated, transforming Dusk and Calabrass. Dusk started dodging the evil spirit’s attacks, until he made a blow that froze one of his arms. After that, it was Mallet’s turn to attack, hitting him with his sword, which Buto defended and then hit Mallet with his frozen arm, throwing him away, while unfreezing it. Opal started shooting him with her weapon, distracting him enough for Dusk to cast an icy blast that froze must of Buto’s body. When the young captain went to attack, Buto was able to free himself from the ice, causing Dusk to be pushed away, landing and been pushed back to the edge of Star who was consulting the encyclopedia beside the snake.

“Star, did you find anything?” he asked him.

“Almost… Almost” he replied.

“We won’t let him destroy Tanah Lost!” Dusk exclaimed. “Hit him from both sides.”

Opal then started to shoot hard on him and Mallet tried another attack. However, Buto turned to him and stung him with one of his nails, poisoning Mallet who fell on the ground.

“Oh no…” Opal said. “Mallet is down!”

“I’m going to freeze Mallet to slow down the poison” Dusk said.

They advanced and, while Opal distracted Buto, Dusk passed by him and got to Mallet.

“Sino Ice Block!” he said, while putting Mallet on ice, just like they did with Opal.

Buto then tried to sting Dusk too, but he gave a big jumped, while whistling to the Plank to get him. After that, he went to Star and told him:

“Well, Star, anything?”

And so Star tried to chant some kind of rite in Old Beruan to the snake.

“What is he doing?” Calabrass asked.

“Not the snake, Star!” Dusk said. “Buto!”

But Star continued to do it, pointing then to Buto. The snake then turned to Buto, who was fighting Opal, and got up, with his eye becoming red once again, and attacked the evil spirit, catching him with his mouth.

“Nice work, bro!” Dusk exclaimed, while detransforming. “Quick, the chest!”

Grabbing Opal, Dusk returned to the Chaos on the Plank, while Star followed them through flying. The Chaos then started following the snake which was taking Buto away from Tanah Lost, while fighting him.

“Star, tell him to follow us to the Chaos” Dusk said.

But seeing how he and Buto were fighting, it would appear the snake wouldn’t be able to listen them.

“The chest!” Dusk said, looking to it on the lower deck. “We have to get him back inside.”

“There must be a magic formula for that” Star said, looking in the encyclopedia.

“Hurry up!” Calabrass told.

It was then that Star found what they needed.

“That’s it! I have the formula!”

“Okay, go ahead! Do it!” Dusk told.

And Star started to chant the formula. After he did, the chest started moving and then opened, with green mist coming out of it.

“It’s working!” Star exclaimed.

He continued to chant the formula, while the green mist headed towards Buto. It reached him and started to pull him back to the chest. Buto tried to resist, but there was nothing he could do to stop it. It was then that, when he passed by the Sea Raiders, he grabbed Opal’s hideleg, intending to bring her with him. But Dusk and Star were able to hold on tight on her. But Buto was too strong and it looked like he would let her go.

When they were running out of strength, Dusk noticed the encyclopedia nearby and used his magic to take it and then threw it at his head, causing Buto to drop Opal and then being pulled in to the chest completely which was closed by Clover.

“Done” he said. “He’s in the can.”

That caused an immense relief to the others.

They all returned to the spring and Dusk said:

“Look, the spring! Its colors are coming back!”

It was truth. Now that Buto was gone, the spring of Tanah Lost had recovered its normal appearance. The snake then started saying something to them.

“What did he say?” Dusk asked Star.

What out for evil spirits” he translated. “Well, at least, I think.”

“That means: Translate inscriptions on chests before opening them” Calabrass said. “It’s not very pirate-like, but it’s true.”

“The Seven Seas are vast, filled with different civilizations” Opal said, while touching the snake’s snout. “A multitude of cultures. It kind of remains me of the Enchanted Forest. We have to try to understand them all and, more importantly, respect them.”

Turning to the snake, Dusk said:

“Thank you.”

But the snake just hissed, with them not knowing if he understood what they said.

“What about we unfreeze Mallet now?” Opal suggested. “We don’t want him to catch a cold.”

“He can handle it” Dusk replied. “He’s a Mighty Helm, isn’t he?”

And so they laughed.

So, after unfreezing Mallet and cure him from Buto’s poison, the Sea Raiders set sail, leaving Tanah Lost.