• Published 14th Nov 2019
  • 467 Views, 6 Comments

Adventures in the Bermikun Triangle - Rakoon1



Dusk will embark on an adventure where he will have to lead a squad to open all the gateways that keeps a certain realm sealed, all while dealing with the bad guys that lurk around.

  • ...
2
 6
 467

The Great Key

Inside the captain’s quart, Dusk tried to open the door, but it wouldn't budge. But he had to get out of there so that he could go find Star and return home. The captain's seat, a big spinning armchair, span around to reveal Clover sitting there, with him saying, while catching Dusk by surprise:

“You really don't have a single clue rattling inside of your solid head, do you?”

The little ghost made a gest with his hoof and the blinds of the windows opened, revealing the room to Dusk. He got amazed for what he saw. The room was sumptuous, furnished with many maritime objects, charters, compasses, dipping compasses, and so on… That quarter, much like the rest of the Chaos, was a mix of amazing precious woods and high technology.

“Let me guess” Clover said, appearing beside Dusk. “First day in the Triangle, right?”

“The Triangle”

“Duh, the Bermikun Triangle.”

“Get out” Dusk said, heading towards the captain’s seat and sitting there, melancholically, not believing that Clover was saying that he was stuck in a place that was considered to be a myth.

“Nothing gets out. That sort of the Triangle's thing. We have a lot to go over.”

At the exterior of Chaos, Golden Bones was at the deck of his ship, wearing the necklace with the Eye of Beru, observing it while making it pass through his hoof. His troops were there too, having his first-mate beside him.

“Where did the boy find the Eye of Beru?” he asked. “We've been searching for it all these centuries. He said it was a gift. Maybe Heartbeat or Bright Night gave it to him. But why? One thing is certain, that colt is a light pony, from the same kingdom as that annoying Heartbeat. But that doesn’t explain why the eye was with him.”

“Let me talk to him” the first-mate asked.

“No, I'll handle it myself” Golden Bones replied. “This is a too much important matter to be handled by anyone who isn’t me. Bring him to the Demoniac!”

While Golden Bones started heading to the bridge, the soldiers saluted him and prepared to go the Chaos. But the ship, provided of a will of his own, just moved away a few hooves away while making a light noise similar to a roar, causing some of the soldiers to fall in the water. Noticing that, Golden Bones said:

“There is another one hiding somewhere! Search this old tub!”

And so the soldiers did what their captain ordered.

In the captain’s quarter, a globe made of glass, with a luminescent hologram shaped like a pyramid at its center, came down from the ceiling, on a table-like structure, while Clover said:

“You heard stories, right? Whenever you're from, everyone knows that if something's lost at sea, in the air or on Earth it ends up here, in the Bermikun Triangle! Every weirdo freakish crazy mate or missus you meet in here fell into the Triangle and can't get out. So welcome to the club, friend.”

“That’s impossible” Dusk said. “The Bermikun Triangle is just a legend. I know that, I live right at one of the points.”

“At first, everyone said, that’s impossible, it doesn't exist and then they see sea monsters, talking skeletons, and… an incredibly handsome and jaunty ghosts” Clovis said, while appearing either beside Dusk or at the other side of the globe. “Not to mention many other stranger things you don’t find on the Pony World. Then, slowly, they believe.”

Appearing beside Dusk, Cover continued:

“Right now you're in one of the Triangles' seven magical seas. The Sea of Beru, to be precise-icle.”

And the same symbol that was in the stone on Dusk’s necklace appeared on one of the sides of the pyramid.

“You need a vortex to go to the Sea of Blazz or Aeria” Clover ended his explanation.

“A vortex?” Dusk asked. “You mean, like a portal? Isn't there one to take me home?”

“Oh, I tried to get out of here plenty of times before I lost my body” Clover told, while seating beside the captain’s seat. “But no go. The Triangle's sticky.”

He got up and continue saying, while walking away to one of the windows, speaking in a serious, and yet sinister, voice:

“There is an old legend whispered in dark corners that someone, someday will reunite the Seven Seas and command them. Only then will the Triangle open again.”

Dusk became a little uneasy with all that, especially by the way Clover then looked at him.

“I actually I creep myself out there a little bit” the little ghost said.

“Who commands the Seven Seas?” Dusk asked.

“No one” Clover replied. “Not yet anyway. Maybe you?”

“Me?” Star asked, as the globe was recollected, while getting up and advancing towards the door. “I'm nobody. I’m just Dusk Storm, surf rat and a formerly forgotten little prince. And I just wanna go home.”

“Oh, don't we all?” Clover asked. “Wait, you’re a prince?”

He then saw Dusk trying to open the door.

“What're you doing?” he asked

“If this is for real, then my older brother Star is also here at the Triangle” Dusk said. “We were together when I came here. He is the one who can help us. But first I gotta get out of here.”

But despite his best efforts, Dusk couldn’t open it. It was then that he remembered something…

“Wait, you can get out” he said, turning to Clover. “But you don't have a weapon!”

“Oh, oh, if you're looking to give Golden Bones a headache, I don't need a weapon” Clover replied with a mischievous smile.

Having said that, he disappeared by phasing through the floor of the captain’s quart.

Golden Bones was at the bridge, when one of the soldiers approached and said to him:

“We've finished searching the vessel, Golden Bones. There's just a kid.”

“That’s impossible!” Golden Bones exclaimed.

Clover appeared suddenly, while shouting:

“Fart attack!”

He farted green fog at Golden Bones. He coughed heavily before that attack. After recovering, he turned to Clover and shouted at him:

“Feel my blade, foul ghoul!”

He tried to attack Clover, but the little ghost easily dodged his attack, saying, while advancing through the other skeletons:

“Good luck with that, slow-poke!”

While advancing, Golden Bones caused two of his soldiers to have their bones disassembled. Positioning himself in front of the door, Clover said:

“Correction. Numb skull!”

Golden Bones swung the hook to attack Cover, but, with the ghost dodging, the pirate accidentally unlocked the captain's quarter door. Clover then farted another fog at Golden Bones, before going away with the golden pirate following him.

Seeing that Clover was able to do it, Dusk said:

“Way to go, Clovis!”

Dusk opened the door to get out, only to smell Clover’s ghost stench.

“Huh! Gross!” Dusk exclaimed, covering his noise with a foreleg. “Blast from the past!”

Eventually, Golden Bones was able to reach Clover with the hook, passing him then to his hoof. Surprised that he was able to get captured by Golden Bones, Clover said, while trying to get freed:

“That's not how this ghost thing works! How'd you grab me when I don't want to be grabbed?!”

Noticing Clover was in trouble, Dusk picked a skeleton head with his magic.

“You're not the only one who's gone to the other side” Golden Bones replied to the young ghost.

“Not fair!” Clover protested.

“Hey you bag of bones!” Dusk called. “Let's trade!”

And he threw the skeleton head at Golden Bones, hitting him right in the head, causing him to release Clover who took that moment to take off the necklace from evil pirate and tosse it to Dusk who caught it. However the skeleton army re-assembled themselves. One of them shouted:

“For Skullivar!”

Dusk became a little intimidated by the amount of soldiers, but that didn’t last for long. He advanced, avoiding their swings and hopped up onto one of the Chaos' sails so he could climb up. However, it would appear that it was too much difficult for him to climb. As if hearing him, the sail inclined, facilitating the climb to him. Did the Chaos just did that to help him climb up?

The young unicorn prince noticed the stone on the necklace shining again and moving, trying to direct him to the skull at the top of the mast. It was obviously attracted to it.

“Okay, necklace, you obviously want me to take this thing, so…” Dusk said, as he made it to the top.

He picked up the skull figurehead, which was stuck into a grip, with his magic, sitting then on top of the sail. Observing it carefully, he shook it when it stopped shinning like the stone.

“I was expecting something to happen” Dusk said.

Suddenly, the skull became animated, much to Dusk’s shock, and shouted:

“Yeah!”

The skull laughed as the stone on the necklace is pulled from Dusk's haoof and then out of the necklace to be placed on the empty point of the gear that was the skull's cross guard

“Yum-yum!” the skull said, as the cross guard spins around and the skull's eyes glow blindingly green, with a blade appearing from the skull's cross guard.

Golden Bones became disbelieved when he saw that.

“It's… it's the Great Key!” he exclaimed, turning then to the skeleton army. “I told you to search this wreck!”

“The Great Key?” Dusk repeated confused.

“Arr, call me Calabrass, matey!” the skull said, much to the young colt’s surprise. “Are ya gonna just stand there with your mouth gaping like a landlubber or are ya gonna give me a hoist? What's yer moniker, kid?”

“Dusk. Dusk Storm.”

“A powerful name. Get us out of this here mess, Mr. Storm!”

Calabrass meant that Golden was climbing up the sails.

“I don't know how this mess has got so... messy” Dusk confessed.

“And it's about to get messier... for them” Calabrass replied. “Turn the ring and invoke the power of the Seven Seas!”

“That's sound really cool, but, like, I didn't take magical swords lessons.”

“Ask me to give you the Eye of Blazz, matey!”

“Do I really have to say it out loud?”

“Well, would ye rather walk the plank?” Calabrass asked.

He really made a really good point, especially because Golden Bones was getting really close. Without any other choice, he said:

“Um, give me the Eye of Blazz!”

As soon he said those words, a new and intense strength took over him. Calabrass’ eyes started glowing orange and the cross-guard started moving, positioning the red stone with symbol of fire at the top. It started glowing too, followed by the other stones which glowed with the same light, and, in a flash of light, he saw that he got a red eye patch over his left eye with an flame-style orange lent, his left foreleg became covered in layered crimson armor, reminiscent of flames, with golden trims on each layer and Calabrass’ blade got covered in flames.

“This… is… way… too freaky!” Dusk exclaimed, excited for the power he just got. “What's happening to me?”

“Confound it, what did ye mean what's happening to ye?” Calabrass asked. “You have magic armour and a talking sword, laddie. Do I have to hold your hoof?”

And he was able to take control over Dusk’s hoof, putting it in a fight position.

“Now fight!”

“Now, lose!” Golden Bones replied, swinging his hook, only for Dusk to duck down. “I'm going to take your sword now, and your foreleg with it!”

Golden Bones advanced towards Dusk, but Calabrass, controlling his foreleg again, stopped the evil pirate from striking him. A little confused by how he was doing all that, Dusk asked Calabrass:

“How'd you do that?”

“Keep a good grip on Calabrass and I'll teach you everything a great mate needs to know” the talking sword replied.

As the fight continued and Dusk blocked Golden Bones’ attacks, he said:

“I'm doing it!”

I'm doing it!” Calabrass corrected him. “You just hold on tight, that's all.”

When Dusk’s hoof positioned itself to attack, Calabrass shouted:

“Turn!”

Dusk did just that, causing the flaming blade to hit Golden Bones’ hook.

“It's not that hard, actually” the young colt said, causing Calabrass to roll his eyes.

As the fight continued, Calabrass could sense a resistance coming from Dusk and told him:

“Don't fight me! Fight him!”

After another one of his blows was defended by Dusk and Calabrass, Golden Bones told the former:

“Only a coward hides behind others.”

But Dusk didn’t get affected by his words and, while fighting, he started to realize one thing.

“It's like surfing, keep your balance and react super-fast” he said. “I know how to do that at least.”

To avoid a blow coming from above, Dusk rolled forward only to defend another attack. Clover appeared between Golden Bones and Dusk and asked, while making air punches to Golden Bones:

“Can I fight too? I love scufflies and brawly-brawls.”

But the golden skeleton pirate just flung Clover to his soldiers, while saying:

“Blasted idiot! Catch him!”

The soldiers surrounded Clover, but the little ghost didn’t get intimidated and just said:

“You're mean and ugly!”

He laughed as he pulled out a ball and chain and knocked the soldiers apart. However, more soldiers got aboard from the Demoniac, leaving him to release another gas attack.

“Good job, Clovis” Dusk praised, only to smell Clover's fart again. “Ooh! Yuck! Maybe not.”

“You know what goes well with gas?” Calabrass asked to Dusk. “Fire!”

And so, using Dusk’s hoof again, he unleashed a fire attack on the reinforcements, causing an explosion on the Chaos.

“Exploding stinkballs…” Dusk said. “Nice.”

“Really?” Clover asked, appearing beside Dusk, raising his hoof to the young unicorn. “Cool! Friends!”

But before Dusk could do it, Golden Bones appeared behind Clover and, with blow, disarmed Dusk from Calabrass, who swung in the air until it got stuck on the inferior deck, with him getting dizzy from all the spins. As Clover disappeared in a poof, Golden Bones pointed his hook at Dusk, advancing and causing the young colt reacing the edge of the sail, while saying:

“And so ends your moment of glory.”

“That’s what you think” Dusk replied.

He then tried to levitate Calabrass to him, but he was too much stuck to be able to take it and his magic wasn’t strong enough.

“I guess I’ll have to improvise then” Dusk said.

When Golden Bones was about to attack Dusk, Chaos tilted the sail, unbalancing the villain. Dusk took advantage of that and slid off to the deck, grabbed Calabrass with magic and jumped onto the other sail. He got clumsy at the landing, but was able to hold it.

“Not so spineless afterall” Calabrass commented.

Skeleton soldiers appeared on the deck of the Demoniak and started shooting on Dusk, but he was able to dodge them. Taking hold of Calabrass with his right hoof again, Dusk shouted:

“Give me the Eye of Blazz!”

And so he returned to the form of before. Jumping to there, he attacked the skeleton soldiers with the fire of Calabrass. After causing all the soldiers to fall into pieces again, Calabrass congratulated:

“Yarr, a fast and fiery study!”

“Nice work, Captain!” Clover said, appearing beside Dusk.

"Captain?” Dusk repeated, not very comfortable with that word. “Let's start with not dead friend".

“That's enough!” they heard Golden Bones say, on one of the sails of the Chaos. “The Eyes of the Seven Seas belong to Skullivar and by the marrow of my bones, I will have them!”

But Dusk wasn’t afraid of him anymore and prepared to attack Golden Bones, but, suddenly, he detransformed with Calabrass.

“Hey, I didn't drop you!” Dusk said to the talking sword. “Light up!”

Calabrass seemed exhausted and he said:

“Sorry, lad. Haven't crossed swords in ages. Arrr, and I'm washed out!”

"Washed out?” Dusk repeated.

“Too busted up to do any busting” Clover clarified.

“Thanks for the translation” Dusk replied, sarcastically.

It was then that Golden Bones got aboard the Demoniac. Clover was able to get out of there with a puff, but the same could not be said about Dusk and Calabrass.

“There's no shame in making a tactical retreat, laddie” the latter told to the former.

An attack from Golden Bones caused Dusk to jump off, but, for his luck, the plank from before arrived just in time for Dusk’s joy.

“Oh yeah!” he shouted. “Thanks, uh… I think I’ll call you Plank, so I know how to address you.”

“Enough!” Golden Bones yelled, now completely infuriated. “We'll sink these rebels and fish up that blasted sword!”

The Plank brought Zak to the bow of the Chaos before returning to its place and he tried to steer the ship away, but the wheel wouldn’t budge.

“Move it, you old crate!” Dusk said, turning to Clover who was by his side. “Clover, how does this thing work?”

It was then that the steering wheel moved on its own, making him fall

“Ow!”

“He's a bit moody, but… shh, don't tell him that” Clover replied.

“Okay, got it” Dusk said, while getting up, directing then his words to the Chaos. “Mr. Chaos, would you please blast that crazy skeleton to bits? Please?”

There was a grunt and the Chaos responded to what Dusk asked. He collected his sails, facing the Demoniac, and turned around and opened his mouth, revealing a canon. He fired at the Demoniac, with the force of the shots pushing him away.

“Oh yeah!” Dusk exclaimed, bumping hooves with Clover.

And so the Chaos sailed away, using his propellers to move faster. After seeing all that, Dusk said:

“Wow! So this boat really is alive then?”

“In the Triangle, everything is possible, Cap'n” Clover replied, while saluting to Dusk.

"Captain?” Dusk asked, thinking about the idea. “Let's make a deal. I have to find my brother and go home. And you, you have to find your body. Why don't we team up?”

“If you want my opinion...” Calabrass started.

“No one's asking you” Dusk replied to him, turning then to Clover. “Well? What do you say?”

"Um, I don't think anyone ever manage to escape the Triangle” Clover replied. “No one even knows where the bolts are to get out of this bizarre-o world, and you don't know beans about boats or swords or...”

“Clovis?” Dusk called, in a way to stop the little ghost’s brambling.

Stopping the blambling, Clover turned to Dusk and replied:

“I'm with you all the way. But you better ask him too.”

Knowing he was talking about the Chaos, Zak said:

“Okay…”

Putting his free hoof over the wheel, he said:

“Hey, Chaos, do you think maybe I could...um, be your captain? You know, just a trial run? To see how it's goes.”

“Like a boat can decide anything” Calabrass grunted.

The Chaos responded with a squeaking sound and lights up the jets on the aft of the ship.

“I'll take that as a yes” Dusk replied. “I just hope I can find my brother and that he’s okay.”

“Uh, stop with that sentimentalism, sea snail” Calabrass replied. “It makes me as green as seaweeds.”

Sighing, Zak asked:

“Okay, Calabrass. Now what?”

“Yer asking me?” he asked back “Yer the one playing Cap'n.”

“Well, like my father would said, a Captain has to make a right decision for his squad…” Dusk said. “Although, in this case, it’s a crew.”

Turning to the Chaos, he said:

“So, straight ahead! And make it snappy!

However, the Chaos didn't move.

“Please?” Dusk added.

Grunting and illuminating his eyes, the Chaos moved.

“Talk about a captain” Calabras grunted.

“I'm working on it” Dusk replied.

At Skullivar’s fortress, Golden Paladin was reporting what happened to his master, kneeling before him.

“To say that I'm disappointed would be grossly understating, Bones” Skullivar said.

“Yes, Master” the golden pirate replied. “But as I said, the kid… the villain… has power that we've never encountered before! At least, after the Generals.

“Those are the powers of the Seven Eyes of the Seven Seas!” Skullivar exclaimed. “Powers that belong to me. Powers that were denied to me by those two!”

“I'll find the villain, the sword, and...”

“Stop whining and get after him. Before the kid who beat you realizes what he has.”

Golden Bones rose up and replied, while bowing:

“Yes, Master.”

And then he walked away.

Author's Note:

I'm sorry if this chapter was mostly taken from the series Zak Storm, including the villains and all that, but I promisse that in the next chapter things will change as it's when the differences will happen.