• Published 17th Aug 2012
  • 660 Views, 4 Comments

Sweet Pink Sunset - Annon56



Forest Thundertred's past comes back to challenge him after years of training and trying to move on

  • ...
 4
 660

Moments of Joy

Forest spectated the main six as they kept pushing through their training whilst attending his own, 'It's as I expected, Twilight and Rainbow Dash are moving along quickly and are easily adjusting to their powers. Twilight was ridiculously fast in this, already using her cosmic affiliated magic in terms of combat. Rainbow Dash's wings and energy produce the power of light in the form of rainbows which also bring along shock waves. A little bit similar to Arrow's except for the distorting effect.'

"Well," Boa began as she observed the results of her fellow earth ponies, "looks like you have the ability to sprout trees, Applejack."

Applejack gazed down at her hooves and noticed little plants and newly sprouted trees around them, "Well how about that?" Applejack said with an excited grin, "it works after all!"

"Big Macintosh," Boa continued, "you're able to merge yourself with solid ground."

Big Macintosh slowly pulled his front hoof out of the ground which then materialized back to normal skin and fur, "eeyup..." he uttered in surprise.

Pinkie Pie huffed in frustration as she tried her best to sit still, her eyes were closed but was much too impatient with meditating at the moment.

"Pinkamena," Boa placed her hoof on Pinkie's shoulder, causing her to snap out of her meditative position.

"This is never gonna work!" Pinkie Pie exclaimed as she shook Boa back and forth, Boa then placed her hooves on top of Pinkie Pie's, stopping her immediately. "How can you sit down and do absolutely nothing for so long? I mean it has got to be the most boring thing I have ever tried and," Pinkie Pie continued to rant on as Boa soon cut her off.

"Meditation is not doing nothing at all, it's the process of clearing your mind to find your inner connection to your spirit and inner peace. It stimulates the rising balance of energy within you. Once you find out what your power is you won't need to meditate any more... it kinda comes to you as second nature."

'That is right,' Arrow thought to himself, 'It seems like Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy are advancing quite slowly while the rest are at moderate speed. Although Fluttershy is getting very familiar with her element, so at least there is still a sign of progress.'

'So, the good ol' elements of harmony,' Jokey pondered as he observed the others, 'it's amazing enough that these mares hold the most powerful tools ever, but each element gives them all a magical boost, and as Twilight Sparkle read, depending on their personalities it grants extra special power types. Looks like Rarity has found her second form of magic as well.'

"How marvellous!" Rarity exclaimed happily, "I can create the magnificent images of rare gems, emeralds and etcetera and use them as sharp projectiles!"

"Is that what you're really excited about?" Twilight added as she cocked an eyebrow.

Rarity turned to her with a smile, there was a necklace made of rubies around her neck, "tell me, dear, doesn't this look just fabulous?"

"It's gonna disappear once you stop focusing magic. Boom, bubble bursted." Jokey said with a wide grin. And with a pop, Rarity's magic necklace had left existence.

"Oh poo."

"Hey, Forest!" yelled Boa as she made her way to him with Pinkie Pie at her side, "I need you to help me out with Pinkamena here."

"What's the problem?" He asked, completely willing to help out.

"She needs to be in a relaxed state, either I can't get her to focus or I'm just using all the wrong methods."

"Probably the second one because you're such a bad teacher!" Jokey remarked loudly, he snickered as she turned to glare at him.

"You are so annoying!" Boa aggressively marched towards him, and in response, Jokey immediately got up and began to run away as she tried to chase him down.

"Those two are so silly," Pinkie Pie said she watched them, "watching those two fight is better than stand up comedy!" she continued and began to giggle.

"I'll say, sometimes Boa can go overboard though... or maybe it's Jokey that goes overboard..." Forest tapped his chin in thought and soon shook off the matter, "anyway, what's the problem?"

"Boa said that I need to be calm and try to connect to my inner spirit or something like that." Replied Pinkie Pie.

"Something like that... well, why not just think of a calm moment or something?"

"I try to think about but nothing is really coming to mind," she shrugged as she sat down, "why don't you help me remember one?"

"Alright, sure!" Forest happily sat down next to her in the same meditative form, "now let me think... oh yeah! Remember a few months back we all had that afternoon out together just a few days after you and your friends went to the grand galloping gala?"

"When we all watched a the sun setting? Of course I remember! We were so tired by the late afternoon."

"Great! Well let's remember what we talked about... how we felt when you and I were sitting down together looking at the sunset, the conversation we had..."

Pinkie Pie was quickly and sufficiently able to pick up that fragment of her memory, for it was a late afternoon so vivid, so peaceful. It was a day Pinkie Pie had convinced Forest to have his friends meet her friends for an enjoyable day of activities, and it turned out pretty well. A moment very special between the two of them, it was something that deepened their relationship. With all the memories rushing back to her Pinkie Pie felt that flow of ease in her head. As the type of mare who was happy to laugh and be with her friends, this particular day shined it's special affection towards the two of them.

-Flashback-

"Wow! I'm poofed!" Pinkie Pie stated as Forest and herself sat down with their backs to a tree.

"Same here, we did so many things... I've never had this much fun before!" Replied Forest.

"I'm so glad our friends got to know each other, I knew RD and Jokey would get along quickly."

"Yeah, and I always had this feeling in my gut that Boa and Applejack would become friends straight away."

They took turns rambling on about how the day had gone by so pleasantly for both of them, the others had said their goodbyes for the day and left home except for Jokey and Rainbow Dash who watched Pinkie Pie and Forest from a distance.

"Those two go really well together, don't ya think?" Jokey began as Rainbow Dash and himself glanced over at them.

"I'll say," Rainbow complied, "I didn't think there would be anyone who could match Pinkie Pie's silliness."

"For real, they both have those habits of antics, the really heart warming kind."

They continued to watch them. At that moment, Forest lowered a tree branch over his head giving himself an afro of leaves and posed in a parodic style of a model which made Pinkie Pie blurt out in laughter, Jokey and Rainbow chuckled lightly at the sight, they shook their heads in a pleased manner as Forest stood on his hind legs supporting Pinkie Pie by having her handstand on his front hooves. He was basically helping get up the tree in a much more agile manner, but they had fun doing it nonetheless.

"I'm just happy that Pinkie Pie found a guy like him, she's like my closest friend and it's good to know he's treating her right," Rainbow Dash continued, "so what about Forest and yourself? You two close?"

Jokey met eyes with Rainbow Dash for a few seconds, looked away with a grin and then back at her, "Him, Boa, and Arrow. Those ponies are my closest friends... hay, these past few months with them has been a real blast... I'd even go as far as to call Forest and Arrow my siblings, I've never really felt such a bond like that before."

"What about Boa? You didn't include her."

"Boa? Heh, she's a bit more special to me than that... I've really got the hots for her."

"Oh, really now?" Rainbow Dash replied in a sly tone, grinning widely at the stallion next to her, "she the mare of your dreams as well?"

"Hah, I ain't got nothing to hide."

"Dude, you should totally ask her out! I wanna know how all this goes!"

"Not right now, RD... I just need a little more time."

Pinkie Pie jumped down from the tree and landed in Forest's grip, the shared a tender moement of laughter and love as they looked into each others eyes, they sat down again looking at the sunset. Pinkie Pie frowned as a thought crossed her mind.

"What's wrong, babe?" Forest asked, his grin left his expression to make room for his concern.

"Forest, you know how I know like, everypony in Ponyville, right?"

"Yeah, I'm still amazed of how you keep track of that."

"Well, I've been wondering, now that we've been together for a while now, I remember how I've seen other ponies get together and then sometimes go
apart..."

Forest shared her frown as he knew what she was leading to.

"I know... I've thought of that before..." Forest replied as he gazed back into the sunset.

"It scares me to think that that might happen to us, we've had so much fun together I-"

"Look at this sunset, Pinkie Pie," Forest said, interrupting her, "I remember my parents telling me that I was born on a day like this, apparently it happened in Coltenhagen much more often than it would happen here, and they told me how much it reminded them about how happy they were together, how a beautiful moment like this reminded them of our joy as a family..."

Pinkie Pie's eyes widened at him, they seemed to shine across the reflection of light as he continued his speech, she joined him in gazing at the sunset as well, the sun was a deep tropic orange, it settled so expansively across the land and practically matched the colour of Forest's coat, the sunlight made the sky and clouds blend into the sweetest colour of pink which matched her coat as well.

"Let's say that the sun right now is me and that the clouds and sky are you. As long as two things can come together to make something beautiful, no matter what shape or form it is, and if it has the power to spread it's nature to make anypony feel at ease, then you and I can always have moments like this... and as long as we keep on believing in each other then I know for a fact that our love will keep growing... because you are that huge part of my happiness that I lost long ago, the way you smile, the way you laugh and the pony you are will always drive me to do whatever I can no matter what it takes to make you happy and to keep you safe... because I love you, Pinkamena Diane Pie. I love you for who you are."

Forest turned to her after his speech just wanting to say one more thing, but was stopped as her lips met his, for his truthful words spoken from his heart ignited a larger flame between them. This certain kiss signified a deep understanding in their relationship, something that refuses to be undone. Why? For Forest to lose his childhood so quickly was something that destroyed so much bliss that never got to happen.

His undying will to never give up immensely shined out his positive side, it easily made him an all around playful and enthusiastic pony, playfulness which he never got to have as a foal, it was a grip on his personality, what made him who he was. No matter where he'd be or what he'd do, Forest would always admire those who were not afraid to be themselves, and Pinkie Pie had that complimentary personality to his. Her giddy and excitable ways were like a magnetic attraction to his enthusiasm, Pinkie Pie is that essence of somewhat childlike, blissful nature that filled the hole in his heart.

Their playful attitudes were a wonderful match.

-End-

x

"Your majesty!" A royal guard exclaimed in panic as he barged into Luna's room which startled the princess, "a thousand pardons to disturb you in your personal chambers, but something has just come up!"

Luna gently placed her hooves on the guards shoulders,"try to remain tranquil, loyal one. What troubling news dost thou bare?"

"Princess Luna, I have just been informed that the victims of the north keep incident have reappered! We are not sure what is going on but they seem to be
in an almost mindless state..."

Luna recalled to what the lone survivor had told her just after she had transported the heroines of harmony to retrieve their elements.

"Your majesty... I was trapped under chunks of stone from the collapsed walls, I could only see the faintest sight of dragons and heard the devastated screams of my comrades... just as I had managed to get out of the stone prison everything was burned and destroyed but I didn't see any other guards... I don't know if they were either burned to dust or abducted."

After dismissing the guard, Luna had teleported to the north keep where Celestia was already attending the matter with two other guards.

"Sister? Luna spoke out as she approached Celestia, she noticed the guards wandering around aimlessly across the destroyed keep. The two sane guards next to them were completely silent. Their frowns had spoken for them.

"This is just... unacceptable," Celestia began as she turned to Luna, she was deeply saddened with the situation, "all these guards have kind and pure souls, the enemy has relieved them of their memory, completely brainwashing them."

"By the heavens..." Luna uttered.

One of the wandering guards managed to strafe close enough to the Princess', Luna slowly grabbed him by the hoof, leading him to face them for proper communication.

"Speak to us, please, show us a sign that you still have your wits," Celestia added desperately.

The guard slowly looked up at the two goddesses, his face held no expression making him seem completely emotionless. The damp and pale colour of his eyes suggested he was about to lose consciousness, but it was only the traumatic effect of the spell used on him to remove his memory.

Luna and Celestia only continued to keep eye contact with the stallion until he finally spoke the words to break the silence.

"Luna, Celestia?" he uttered under his breath.

"Thank goodness," Luna said in relief, "what actions hath arisen during your-"

"Where... where were you?" The pale looking guard muttered, preventing the immortal sisters from any inquiry, "where were you when we needed you? One minute I was marching around the keep, just performing my regular guarding routine... and then everything is in ruin... I- I don't remember anything..." The guard looked down and collapsed in depression.

Celestia and her sister Luna had taken the soldiers back to Canterlot where their trauma would be aided by medical ponies, for the sisters had to discuss yet another matter on how to advance.

"Luna, before we take any other actions, I have something to ask you."

"What is it, Celestia?"

Celestia hesitated to continue as a thought disturbing to her crossed her mind, "you didn't happen to pick up the faintest scent of cotton candy outside our quarters, did you?"

"What a strange acquisition... no, I hath not."

"Hmm, probably just my imagination... I suppose."

x

"Are you sure it was a good idea to send the prisoners back to the keep instead of finishing them off?" Phoenix Blossom asked as she accompanied Surgio alongside her other companions in a throne room which was pre-built for Discord.

"But of course, Phoenix," he replied with such sureness and ease, "remember, we're not a bunch of ruthless killers. We have reason. And besides, it's a good step to tamper with the minds of our enemy, perfect for keeping them occupied with other things and jumbling their thoughts."

"Poking them with a stick and making them look like confused innocent bunnies. I like the way you think, Surgio." Discord snapped his finger to have a glass of chocolate milk appear in his other hand.

"How many of those are you going to have?" Kanthon asked as he tucked away some potions into his bag.

"Oh, where are my manners?" Discord snapped his fingers once more. Kanthon, Surgio, Phoenix, and Razorsharp each had their own glass of chocolate milk to enjoy.

"Eh, I'm not really a fan of chocolate milk..." Razorsharp remarked as he shook the glass with an unstatisfied expression.

Discord gave a weak gasp, "bite your tongue!" he proceeded to finish his drink, but ended up drinking the glass instead and began to spin the milk on the tip of his finger as though it had taken the form of a solid state.

"Anyway," Surgio began, taking lead of the conversation, "in precisely six more days, we shall commence the attack on the south keep to obtain another quarter of the ultimate shielding gem."

"How troublesome... why did Princess Celestia have to split the gem into four pieces?" Phoenix Blossom added with an annoyed huff.

"Why make it too easy? I like a good challenge," Razorsharp remarked, "if you can call their forces a challenge anyway." Phoenix and himself made eye contact and began laughing darkly.

"Oh something tells me I'm going to have a lot of fun with the four of you," Discord smiled nefariously, "so tell me, Surgio, what exactly must be done?"

"Well, accurately predicting what the Princess' will do. It is probable that they try to assist in defending the keep in order to protect the gem. That is where you come in, my lord."

"Say no more!" Discord jumped out of his throne in utter excitement, "I'm going to keep the Princess' busy!"

"On the spot, my lord!"

"Oh this is simply too juicy! I can't wait to see the looks on their faces when I appear! I'm going to need to plan my entrance! If you'll excuse me, I've got some organised chaos to attend."

Discord left the room to a lower personal chamber which was also pre-built for him.

"It's like he's one big destructive child." Phoenix commented as she grinned at her comrades.

"And a very useful one he is." Said Surgio.

x

"Well, I don't know how you managed to do it, but it worked!" Boa said, as she sat down next to Jokey, Forest, and Arrow, taking a break from training as the main six were trying out a sparring match with minimal contact just to get the hang of things. "You've gotten Pinkamena to channel her inner energy."

"So she can sprout and gather rocks... I didn't expect that to be Pinkie's power." Jokey added.

"She must have spent much time around rocks in her past."

"Rock farm." Forest remarked.

"Really?" Arrow replied sounding a bit surprised, "that seems very out of place when you look at her personality."

"Yeah, this coming from a blank piece of paper." Jokey added.

"Hey, Jokey!" Boa scoffed in a scolding manner, "that wasn’t very nice!"

"Boa, come one, I'm just messing with him. He knows I don't mean it." Jokey placed his hoof around Arrow's shoulder, "ain't that right buddy?"

Arrow nodded with a smile, "It is as Boa said, Jokey's words should not be taken seriously at all."

Jokey raised an eyebrow and frowned feeling a tad bit insulted, "hmph, I think I take back what I said."

"W- what is wrong? I do not understand, was it something I said?"

Boa and Forest chuckled heartily at the matter, "Oh come on Jokey, you said so yourself that there's always time for jokes," Boa added with a smile.

"Yeah, whatever."

Boa grabbed her backpack and undid the zipper, "Anyway, look at what I finished knitting for all of us last night!" she smiled heartily and took out four identical cloths that had their cutie marks on them, all in a straight line starting from Arrow's, her own, Jokey's and then Forest's.

"Aww, Boa that's so sweet of you." Forest took claimed his with a wide smile on his face.

"That is very kind of you, Boa." Arrow said as he took his.

"Man... that is so cheesy..." Jokey added as he took his.

Boa frowned as Jokey made his remark, "T- there's nothing cheesy about it... it's just my way of saying I appreciate you guys and trust you all with my life... you three are the closest that anypony has ever been to me."

"D'aw... group hug for Boa!" Jokey blurted, and so, he, Forest, and Arrow, hugged her.

"I know what you mean, sis. You guys are like... my real time siblings!" Forest exclaimed happily.

"I agree entirely," replied Arrow, "I feel like we all have a deep understanding for each other."

"Well why don't we all get married then?" Jokey said, making them burst into laughter.

Jokey took another gander at the cloth and noticed that his cuite mark, and Boa's were next to each other, and just at the furthest end of his vision, he noticed Boa looking at it and back at him. He slowly lifted his head to make eye contact, and what would normally break quickly in the past lasted much longer as they stared into each others eyes. Did she do that on purpose?

They exchanged smiles which soothed them on the inside, smiles which were the cut off as a sudden gust of wind snatched Boa's cloth from her and left the cloth caught at the top of the fence.

Boa rushed next to the fence to try and retrieve her piece, "ugh, that's too high up. Hey, Jokey, Get over here and give me a boost!"

"What?! So your big flank can crush my spine?! Forget it!"

"Get over here and help me, dammit!"

"Jeeze, talk about taking a joke... alright don't get your panties in a twist I'm coming!"

"Panties... in a twist?" Arrow uttered as he tapped his hoof against his chin, "why would she do that to her panties?"

Forest chuckled lightly at Arrow's comment, "figure of speech, it means don't get so worked up, you know?"

"Oh." Arrow replied, "panties in a twist... huh."

Jokey galloped over to Boa, she then hopped on to his back.

"Not high enough," She uttered as she tried to reach for the cloth.

"Hey Arrow! Get over here!" Jokey yelled to him.

Arrow then flew over to them and looked up at the cloth, "Umm I suppose I could just fly to it-"

"Arrow, lend your wing down," Jokey said, cutting him off mid speech. Arrow then nodded and lowered his wing to the ground allowing Jokey to climb on to his back with Boa on his.

"Great, nearly there... if I could just... reach for it..." Boa stood on her hind legs and edged much closed to the cloth.

Forest, creeping up behind them, shook his head, "leaving me out of a pony pyramid? Huh! The nerve!" Forest then went under Arrow and scooped him up on his back, Arrow quickly balanced his hooves on Forest's back.

"Woah!" Boa, Jokey, and Arrow blurted in unison. The pony tower shook from side to side, Boa managed to finally snatch the cloth and then angrily looked down at Forest, "what the hay are you doing?!"

"Aw man.... you guys are r- really heavy." Forest muttered.

"Agh, you hear that, Boa? Forest thinks you need to lose some weight, fatty!" Jokey then chuckled but soon received hard tap on his head, "ow!"

The main six stared at the defenders from their side of the training field, all of them quite confused with what they were doing.

"Is that... part of their training?" Twilight began as she raised an eyebrow.

"What in tarnation are those four up to..." said Applejack.

"That looks fun! Hey, here's an idea! We should try that right now!" Pinkie Pie exclaimed as she hopped in one spot excitedly.

"Absolutely not! That can be very dangerous darling. Although it does look like it could be rather thrilling." Said Rarity.

"Looks daring! I actually wanna try that!" Rainbow Dash said, siding with Pinkie Pie this time.

"O -oh my, I hope they don't fall down and get hurt," and just as Fluttershy had uttered those words, the defenders had toppled down on each other, "eep!"

The main six rushed to the aid of the defenders, and upon arrival, they sighed in relief as the defenders returned a smile to them and began laughing, and so, they joined them. Even in a state of tension and stress, individuals can always manage to find a moment of joy.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment