• Published 17th Aug 2012
  • 660 Views, 4 Comments

Sweet Pink Sunset - Annon56



Forest Thundertred's past comes back to challenge him after years of training and trying to move on

  • ...
 4
 660

Costumes

Forest stared at the mane of his beloved pink lover, slowly edging closer to her side of the bed with small movements to avoid waking her from her peaceful slumber.

When he got close enough, he inhaled briefly through his nose collecting the scent of Pinkie Pie's mane.

'Red velvet cupcakes,' he thought while giving a joyful grin, 'she even smells sweet, not to mention it s my favourite type... this mare-'

His thoughts were interrupted as Pinkamena turned to his side slowly like a cat lounging to one side of a rug and then to the other. That moment, Forest felt at complete ease to see the still face of his lover in her slumber.

'She even smiles in her sleep, she looks so peaceful.'

The pink mare had a small cute smile with her eyes softly shut, then she slowly fluttered her eyes open, the two ponies' eyes met, each reflecting the colour of dark-aqua blue. Forest felt so amazed to see her smile was still in perfect shape, with this his cheeks slightly radiated a sweet red-apple blush. Pinkie pie's cheeks mimicked Forest's.

"Mornin' sunset," she whispered to him the nickname she would call him only when they're alone, complementing the colour of his vivid orange coat.

At first he thought the name was quite odd, but as they built their relationship he began not to mind at all, he would always think about the line 'sweet pink sunset' whenever she called him that.

"Good morning, sweetie pie," he replied.

With their morning greetings complete, Forest and Pinkie sat up, placing their opposite front hooves behind each other and have their lips meet for a chaste kiss. They sank into the bed and cuddled, Pinkie Pie placing her head right under Forest's chin and resting against his chest.

"Mmm...Forest?" she intoned.

"Yeah?"

"What time is it right now?"

Forest, cast a glance over her head to see the time on the alarm clock, wincing to get the gleaming sunlight out of his eyes.

"Its seven-thirty," Forest muttered as he rested his head back down.

Pinkamena then suddenly jumped up letting out a huge gasp.

"Woah! Pinkie what s wrong?" Forest asked.

"Omigosh, it's today and I only have thirty minutes!"

"Thirty minutes? for what?"

"Today's the super duper extra wonderful anniversary celebration of the grand opening of the Sugarcube Corner, and I have to be there early to make all the most yummiest cupcakes and the best part is that it's also the yearly festival of Ponyville s historical beginning! Everyone is going to be all over town, party ponies and funny costumes left and right!"

Pinkie Pie got closer and closer as she went through her explanation until all Forest could see where her big eyes when she finished.
"Ooooooh, that s why I've got the day off!" Forest blurted while directing his eye to look at his nose.

Pinkie Pie tried to hold in her laughter but it was too sudden to keep in, so she snapped back and threw her head in a little chuckle.
"Of course silly, didn't you notice the costume I left in the bathroom yesterday?" she asked.

"That vintage baker costume? Oh, right... that makes sense."

"Exactly, oh, you don't happen to have a costume then do you?"

"Aah.. So I guess everyone s gonna be dressed up except for me, well that s no fun."

"Consider yourself lucky!"

Forest looked up at Pinkie Pie with his eyes widening, "You have one? really?"

"Mmhmm!" she replied, "I don't know if you re gonna like it, but Rarity and I were deciding what would be a good costume for you so we picked out this one!"

Pinkie Pie opened the cupboard parallel to the bed and then went to open the curtains revealing a vintage jester costume, she looked back at Forest.

"Tada! we first thought of giving you a duke or king costume but Spike's already going as a king, and Fluttershy convinced me that Gummy would look ridiculously cute in the duke costume, sooooo waddaya think?"

Forest leaped off the bed to the cupboard like an athletic long jumper and analysed the purple and yellow polka dotted jester outfit, it had the classic white neck crown with a matching purple and yellow head piece. The hat looked like purple and yellow bananas with bells attached to each end, perfect for any fool. Forest, looking unsatisfied to Pinkie Pie then motioned his head towards her and made soild eye contact.

"Pinkamena..." the only time Forest would say her first name is when they were in times of profound emotion, although sometimes it could mean trouble.

"Are you telling me, that I lost to a baby dragon and a toothless baby alligator in outfits of class?" He continued to say.

"Oh... you don't like it? I thought that-"

"Like it? Pinkie Pie, I love it!"

"Really?"

"Of course, I mean look at it! It's perfect in every way, this is enough to make anypony think I came from the past, besides I think clowns are awesome anyways."

"WOOO!" Pinkie Pie cheered as if she had scored the winning goal for the Ponyville national football team. "We're gonna have so much fun I just know it! It's gonna be one great big party and the whole town's invited," she exclaimed.

"Aww man! I'm already so excited Pinks, I bet there s going to be so many- wait a minute," Forest paused and looked back at the alarm clock noticing that fifteen minutes have passed. "Uh, honey... we only have fifteen minutes left."

Pinkie Pie jumped up in the air and gasped again, this time more dramatically. As she landed she grabbed Forest by the hoof.

"Come on, hurryyyy!" she pulled him into the bathroom, they took their toothbrushes, washed them and manically squirted on some tooth paste.

At the same time they look at each other and said 'ready? one, two, three!' and began to brush their teeth. Forest did not know if they were racing or just trying to be fast, they brushed every angle to ensure they are in the best shape to consume as many delicious sweets and candy that their heart's content. If they had brushed any faster, the grip on the brush would most probably begin to melt.

With the final stroke, they washed their toothbrushes, gargled their mouths and spat.

"To the costumes!" Forest exclaimed. They rushed back to the bedroom and slipped into their silly little outfits. They looked down to find a purple eyed green Gummy, who strangely enough, seemed to already have his costume on. Pinkie Pie and Forest looked at each other and just shrugged.

With ten minutes to spare, Pinkie Pie grabbed Gummy and put him under her chef hat and went outside as Forest followed.