• Published 17th Aug 2012
  • 660 Views, 4 Comments

Sweet Pink Sunset - Annon56



Forest Thundertred's past comes back to challenge him after years of training and trying to move on

  • ...
 4
 660

Flour Pyramid

Pinkie Pie and Forest stepped out the door to find a carriage stacked up with a ridiculously large amount of flour bags. They were stacked up together in a neat pile forming a large pyramid. Forest's jaw dropped as he shifted his head to look up higher.

"Pinkie Pie... what in Equestria are you- were you planning to push this all by yourself?" Forest asked.

"Oh noooo! It's way too heavy to push to the Sugarcube Corner quickly enough, we'll never get there on time!"

"What in Equestria is going on?" A voice disclosed from behind the pyramid of flour.

Forest and Pinkie Pie looked behind it to find Twilight Sparkle looking up at the stack having the same expression as Forest did moments ago. Having gotten the attention, almost everypony from outside the house were staring at the tower of flour.

"Twilight, perfect timing!" Pinkie Pie exclaimed.

"Huh? What do you mean? I'm supposed to be on my way to the boutique where-" Twilight was then interrupted by Spike as he jumped out from behind her.

"Where Rarity is waiting for us so she can hand us the costumes she offered to make for us, until we saw that flour tower you guys got over here but anyway we can t keep a lady waiting. Nice costumes by the way," Spike stated.

Forest looked down to Spike and bowed. "Thank you, your majesty," he said. Spike's eyes widened as he looked up at Forest and began to laugh.

"Hahaha, that s perfect! if only I had my costume on right now."

"Five minutes left!" Pinkie Pie shouted.

"What? Already?" Forest added.

Pinkie Pie then grabbed Twilight, "Twilight! I know this is really sudden but we really need your help. Thing is I'm supposed to be at the Sugarcube Corner with all this flour so Mr and Mrs Cakes and I can start making all the deliciously yummy treats for the festival and anniversary of the Sugarcube Corner itself but we can't push the carriage to get there on time so it would be really super spectacular if you could please, please, please, use your wonderfully wonderful magic to teleport us there so I won t be late... please?"

Forest and Spike cocked an eyebrow with their mouths slightly open as Pinkie Pie completed her request to Twilight in lightning speed.

Spike then turned his head to Forest, "does she even need to breathe?"

"I think those two gasps she gave in back in the house is all she needs," Forest replied.

Twilight met the glare of Pinkie Pie's puppy dog eyes; she sighed at the request and nodded.

"Alright Pinkie don't worry, I'll help you guys out, Spike, grab the carriage and Forest's tail, Pinkie Pie, grab my left hoof, and Forest you grab my right one."

"YES! Oh, thank you Twilight, thank you, thank you, thank you!" Pinkie Pie cheered as she grabbed Twilights hoof.

"Uh, Twilight, are you sure about this? you haven't practiced teleporting with multiple objects yet," Spike said worryingly as he placed his hand on the carriage and firmly gripping the end of Forest's semi-long brown tail with his other hand.

"Not really being left much of a choice here, Spike, now if I can just focus and the get spell streaming through all of us..."

The four flour deliverers each closed their eyes, feeling the trickle of the magic spell flowing through their bodies. The trickling began to feel more forceful, the spell was about to be casted. The four suddenly felt a powerful rush of wind blowing against them in every direction, none of them daring to open their eyes, the force came to a sudden stop. They opened their eyes to find themselves directly in front of the Sugarcube Corner.

"I think I'm... gonna throw up," Spike mumbled as he sat down holding his belly.

"Ugh... m-my head.." Forest said while trying to keep balance as he held his hoof against his temple.

Pinkie Pie was trying to make her way to the entrance, "I'm so d-dizzy, th-this is kinda fun, haha...woah..."

She was about to trip over onto the door until Mrs Cakes barged outside and caught Pinkie Pie saving her from falling over.

"Goodness, Pinkamena! Sweetie, are you ok? I was beginning to think that something might have happened, I was so worried."

"I feel wonderful! We made it just in time and we have all the flour!" Pinkie Pie replied.

"Oh, thank Celestia..." Mrs Cakes said while sighing in relief. "Well then let's get bakin', Forest could you be a dear and unload the carriage into the bakery?"

"Way ahead of you ma' lady," Forest had already brought in a few blocks of flour as Mrs Cakes finished her request.

"Thank you sweet heart, your always giving us a hand."

"Never a problem madam," Forest added giving Mrs Cakes a grin.

Twilight kneeled down as Spike picked himself up from the floor to get on her back, "sorry for the impact guys are you all feeling better?" Twilight asked.

"I'm good now," Spike said.

"I'm fine," Forest followed.

"Everything's okey dokey lokey, Twilight!" Pinkie Pie answered.

Pinkie Pie, Mrs Cakes, and Forest then entered the Sugarcube Corner leaving Twilight and Spike outside.

"I'm sure there s something they forgot to tell me," Twilight stated in annoyance.

Forest and Pinkamena then peeked over the side of the door and thanked her generously, Twilight then smiled at them and nodded, "your welcome."

"Alright, no more delays Twilight, we gotta hurry to the boutique."

"I know, Spike. I'm not sure what you re excited about the most, getting the costumes or seeing Rarity."

"What? Well uh, I mean... Both! I just don't wanna keep a lady such as Miss Rarity waiting."

"Whatever you say lover boy." Twilight giggled as she began to trot to the Carousel Boutique. "See you guys later."

"Bye!" Forest replied as he went out to bring in more sacks of flour.

Forest looked up at the sky as he noticed a white pegasus from a distance was about to land near him. 'I'd recognise that mane anywhere,' Forest thought as the stallion got closer and landed next to the carriage. The pegasus had a light green mane that looked like the head of a scythe slicked back as though wind was constantly brushing it back and so was his tail. His mint green eyes did a once-over at the pyramid of flour but he thought nothing of it.

"Hello, Forest, nice costume..." the pegasus turned his head to the unicorn as he greeted him.

"Arrow Distorton, I had a feeling you'd be wearing something related to art, it suits you," Forest complimented Arrow's choice of outfit, a medieval royal artist.

"So what's up Row?"

"Forest, I received orders to gather the other three defenders so we can meet up at the outskirts watch point. I just need to reshape the area to make sure we have provided secure protection for the day, then we can enjoy the festival. I just need you, Boa, and Jokey to guide me along the flight so we can cover up the area properly." Arrow explained.

"Oh, I was just bringing all this flour for Mr and Mrs Cakes let me just-"

"No worries Forest, you go on ahead and fulfil your duties, I'll take it from here", Mr Cakes walked out of the Sugarcube Corner and picked up some flour sacks.

"Thanks Mr Cakes, I'll try to come back as soon as possible," Forest then turned to Arrow, "are Boa and Jokey already there?" he asked him.

"Yes, they're waiting for us as we speak." Arrow replied.

"Go on ahead, I'll follow you."

"Sure thing." The stallion then took off, flying to the watch point.

Pinkie Pie then went outside the bakery, "Forest, hold on a sec!"

"Oh, did Mr Cakes already tell you?"

"Mmhm, I packed this for you just in case you need to be there a bit longer" She handed him a little white paper bag that contained a red velvet cupcake and pecked him on his cheek. "Ciao, oh and by the way, the zipper on your flank is undone," Pinkie Pie hopped her way back into the Sugarcube Corner.

"Oh, right, thanks Pinkie," Forest turned to zip up the zipper of the jester outfit but paused for a few seconds to look at his cutie mark, a blue shield.
He then zipped up the outfit and the wondered why the costume had a zipper there anyway. 'Whatever,' he thought, and so he put the treat that Pinkie Pie gave him into his backpack, turned away from the bakery and made haste to the watch point on the outskirts of Ponyville.

Back in the Sugarcube Corner, Mrs Cakes had just finished making the first few dozen cupcakes. "Did Forest leave? so soon? I thought he had the day off for the festival."

"Mmhm, he went for a final check-up so he'll be back sooner or later," Pinkamena replied.

"Well I sure do hope it's sooner, all the flour sacks are starting to put a krick in my back," Mr Cakes chuckled.

"Mr Carrot Cakes, honestly now, one sack at a time is sufficient you know?" Mrs Cakes remarked to him.

Pinkie Pie brought out four metal trays for the next batch of cupcakes, she suddenly dropped them all onto the floor as her body began shaking uncontrollably. The clang of the trays against the floor got Mr and Mrs Cakes attention as they turned to Pinkamena in shock. The shaking then stopped, Pinkamena then placed her hoof in front of her mouth.

"Oh no..." she muttered with a worrying expression on her face.

"Pinkamena, sweetie, please tell me you have a case of the shivers," Mrs Cakes asked as Mr Cakes and herself got closer to her.

Pinkie Pie shook her head at the question.

"Pinkie Pie, is it what I think it is?" Mr Cakes asked her.

Pinkie Pie nodded, "It's a-a real doozy."

"Sweetie, what is it? What's going to happen?" Mrs Cakes asked, sounding very worried.

"I-I don t know, but whatever it is, it's going to happen at the watch point...wait- the watch point? Forest!" Pinkie Pie went out of the Sugarcube Corner and called out for Forest, but she was too late. Forest had already gone out of sight and reached the outskirts of Ponyville.