• Published 17th Aug 2012
  • 660 Views, 4 Comments

Sweet Pink Sunset - Annon56



Forest Thundertred's past comes back to challenge him after years of training and trying to move on

  • ...
 4
 660

His Return

They gathered round the training field. The Elements of Harmony, the Defenders, and to Applejack's surprise, Big Macintosh.

"Big Macintosh!" Applejack began, "what are you doin' here?"

"Decided I'm goin' to help out and train with you all." He replied forwardly.

"And who's gonna be on the farm? Don't tell me ya' think Granny 'n' Applebloom are gonna be okay on their own."

"Nnope, I called some of the family to help us out on the farm for the mean time."

Applejack and Big Macintosh began to argue in a typical sibling like manner. Applejack would not want to have any of the family members outside of Ponyville to carry the burden of looking after the farm when it was in fact her job to do so, as well as Big Macintosh's of course. The stallion could not stand idle when knowing that his lover, Fluttershy, and his younger sister would be outside on the battlefield facing danger. Big Macintosh soon provided enough valid points to win the argument.

"Fair enough," Applejack added, finally agreeing with her brother, "I hope you've got a special thank you planned for the ones workin' on the farm."

"Eeyup."

"Well, now that that's out of the way, we can get started," Boa said, she then began to walk to the right end of the training field, "Big Macintosh, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, we're going to occupy this side of the field, come on now."

"Okey dokey lokey!" Pinkie Pie replied, hopping as she followed them.

The earth ponies took their side, Jokey and Forest kept Twilight and Rarity in the centre as Arrow guided Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy to the left.

"Okay, first thing's first," Boa began, immediately drawing attention, she pulled out a light green hand book with an unmarked brown label in front of it. The book was in midst condition.

"A story?" Pinkie Pie said blatantly, "I don't think we have time for those right now, was this Twilight's idea?"

Boa rolled her eyes and sighed lightly, "This isn't a story book Pinkie Pie, this is the book that's going to teach the three of you how to use your earth pony powers."

Boa opened the book to the very first page, "when I was just a filly this book was given to me by a mysterious genius... the stallion that wrote this book was one of the first earth ponies to harness powers as an earth pony. Listen carefully," Boa then began to read out the passage in the book, "Greetings, my fellow earth ponies. If you have been given this book then it was of my intended duty to share the new discovery of ones abilities as an earth pony. Let it be known that earth ponies can only manipulate powers that are strictly related to the surface we stand on, otherwise known as the earth. It is possible to have the same type of earth manipulation, although this can be highly uncommon, for each individuals power depends on what they have grown around and how they grown with it."

"So, lemme get this straight," Applejack asked as soon as Boa completed the paragraph, "we can control earth related things dependin' on what we grew around?"

"Precisely."

"Oh boy!" Pinkie Pie exclaimed ecstatically as she began hopping in one spot, "I can hardly wait to find out what I can do! Oh, will I be able to create huge dandelions that have gum drops instead of seeds? Or maybe trees with cotton candy instead of leaves? Oh, oh! How about-"

"Strictly earth related." Boa repeated with her eyes narrowed in a dull manner, "no candy. Just earth stuff..."

"Booooring"

"You'll say that now, but trust me, once you get a hold of your powers, you're gonna love what comes next. Now the first step to being able to feel the natural energy inside of you, which concerns earthly powers, is to meditate. So Pinkie Pie, stop hopping and calm down."

"Okey Dokey Lokey." Pinkie Pie brought her hopping to a halt and then stood still, her smile unaltered.

'Teaching three ponies is one thing, but keeping you calm is going to be a real challenge, Pinkie Pie.' Boa thought as she gave a weak grin.

x

"Now as pegasi, our source of power comes from our wings," Arrow stated bluntly, "Rainbow Dash, you are already entirely familiar with this. Needless to say this training session will be somewhat easy for you. You just need to focus your tricks as attacks and you will soon be able to acquire your magical wing abilities."

"Aww yeah!" Rainbow Dash said confidently as her wings shot up, "these babies are ready for anything!"

"Umm, excuse me..." Fluttershy uttered, "I- I'm not exactly strong at flying..."

"I am aware of that, Rainbow Dash has informed me of you abilities," Arrow replied.

"R- Rainbow..." Fluttershy blushed in embarrassment, feeling down and burdening.

"It is all-right, Fluttershy. Your primary focus will go to the use of your element. I am sure that with it you will be able to enhance your own abilities. I will also try my best to help you become stronger. You have my word." Arrow gave a comforting grin, Fluttershy returned a smile as she now felt more confident with herself.

Rainbow Dash noticed Rarity and Arrow eyeing each other and smiling in a way considered more than friendly.

"Hey, wait a second," Rainbow Dash said flashing a cocky grin, "what's going on between you two? Did something happen last night?"

Arrow blushed intensely as Rainbow Dash brought up the topic, Fluttershy then immediately looked at Arrow and smiled heartily, Arrow then covered his cheeks with his wings in an attempt to hide the crimson blush, but it only made it more obvious. His blush then disappeared as soon as he cleared his throat.

"Let us begin," Arrow blurted in a serious tone.

x

Deep within the unknown location of the Metamor Legion's main base, countless amount of soldiers stood together in clean staright rows with their leader, Surgio, and the three top ranks, Kanthon, Razorsharp and Phoenix in front of them. Four scrolls surrounded the replacement statue in a square pattern, strange mystical writing on the scrolls were glowing and so was a magical pattern underneath the statue itself. The portal on this side was ready.

"Everything is ready, my leader," Razorsharp said, breaking the momentary silence, "all we need to do is send this letter to the spies to initiate the plan."

"Excellent," replied Surgio, "did you remember to include the bit on how the scrolls should be placed in reverse order on their side?"

"Yes, with the same layout of orbs of course."

"Right then. Go ahead."

x

Deep in a secure area within the depths of the castle of Canterlot, a fleet of stairs led deep down to a large circular chamber, two spies were keeping fake watch over Discord in his imprisoned stone shell.

"Oh man... I don't know about this," the unicorn spy uttered anxiously, "just being near this thing creeps me out."

"For goodness sake," the pegasus spy huffed as she rolled her eyes, "we've been GUARDING this guys for a while now, just keep your pants on."

"B- but I'm not wearing any pants, I'm wearing armor."

"It's a figure of speech you moron, unless you actually plan on taking your armor off, jeeze, don't wet yourself."

"Hey, buck you! Princess Celestia could waltz in here any second while we prepare this thing, and if we get caught it's game over!"

"Well we won't get caught, so stop cowering in your own thoughts... you can be such a child sometimes."

The unicorn glared aggressively at his comrade, "so you're telling me that you're not nervous at all?"

"Keep your voice down!" The pegasus replied, she sighed immediately afterwards, "look, all I'm saying is-"

The spies went silent as the their backpacks gained a heavier load, they searched their bags to find that each of them have received two blue orbs and two long scrolls, the unicorn had recieved the initiation letter. As they thoroughly read through the instructions, the looked at each other and with a nod, quickly began setting up the portal.

"All-right, so the scrolls are in reverse order?" the pegasus spy asked as she checked the layout and the instructions.

"Affirmative, and the orbs are glowing properly. Now we just need to-" A loud menacing laugh echoed from beyond, they two spies looked around in fear, completely taken by surprise.

"Sweet Celestia, was that him?"

"What the hay?" The unicorn jumped back, "aw man, we are dead, we are so dead! I bet the whole castle heard that!"

"Just chill out," she uttered nervously as she began to sweat, hoof steps were soon heard going down the fleet of stairs, and as fate had it, a mixture of blue, purple and harsh violet magic rays began to surround Discord, it zapped and flickered quickly and vividly, the statue was soon sent away leaving a short time interval of merely three seconds for the replacement statue to make its way to the chamber. The transport process was complete.

In their panic, the spies quickly collected up the scrolls and orbs packing them in their bags with haste and closing up the zippers.

'Wait, we've caused some racket,' the pegasus thought as she stared at the exit , 'Celestia is bound to have heard that and it's definitely going to bring up immediate suspicion,' she then directed her eyes to her unicorn comrade, and taking notice, he made eye contact with her.

"This going to be really sudden but just go with it," she stated calmly.

"W- wha-" the unicorn's eyes widened in shock as he fell on to the ground from the impact of his companion jumping on to him. She placed her hooves behind his neck as they hit the ground and began to aggressively make out with him.

"It's okay, just go with it," she managed to squeeze out the phrase finally allowing him to get the picture. Their tongues wrestled as he placed his hooves around her back. Celestia had just walked in on them witnessing the unicorns hooves flowing down to the pegasi's flank, feeling her softly as their mouths kept vigorous contact.

"Sunshine, Moon Rush, What are you two doing?" Celestia asked in a slightly hesitant tone, her face held an expression of complete surprise.

"Oh! Princess!" Sunshine the pegasus jumped off of Moon Rush with a gasp, "I'm so sorry," she continued with a blush.

"I- it's just that we really like each other!" Moonrush the unicorn added as they stood up still.

"Well yes I can see that," Celestia remarked, still surprised with their actions, "if I had not known better I'd say you two were about to-" Celestia shook her head as she quickly chose her next words, "never mind, I've never dealt with a case like this before but, please, attend to your personal needs when you are off duty... he can still see you." Celestia jerked her head to the statue which stood behind them, completely unaware of the farce obstacle.

"Yes, of course, we are truly sorry your highness!" Sunshine exclaimed, both Moon Rush and herself bowed down in apology to their acted out actions.

"It won't happen again!" Moon Rush added.

"Very well," Celestia turned away, making her way out of the chamber again, "back to your posts then."

"I wonder..." Moon Rush uttered as Celestia left, he narrowed his eyes angrily and held an upset expression.

"wonder about what?" Sunshine asked as she directed her eyes to him.

"If the case is really about liking somepony or not."

"I'm... I'm sorry..."

"It's okay, we can fix it,"

"You're asking me out?"

"I'll let you decide that," He replied in an teasing tone.

"Dummy..." she intoned as she blushed, "whatever..."

Celestia frowned as she began to walk up the fleet of stairs, feeling the grief of guilt on her conscience, 'am I the only one who hears him theses days?' she thought to herself, greeting the past. 'I should not fear for the worst, but something just is not right these days.'

x

"It's here... it's actually here," Phoenix Blossom said with a semi manic smile, the feeling of dominance struck her at their success.

The Metamor Legion gazed upon the real statue of Discord, all completely silent and awaiting for Surgio's command.

"Leader, are you completely sure that this plan is going to work?" said Kanthon, only directing his eyes to Surgio.

-Flashback-

The sun was setting across the wondrously blossomed city of Coltenhagen, Surgio and his brother Season were in the gardens of their home which provided such a glorious view of the rest of the city.

It was a time back in Surgio's foalhood, two young stallions were being themselves after hearing an awe inspiring story from their father.

"Hey, Season," Surgio began as he kicked a pebble across the garden.

"Yeah?" He answered, joining his brother in pebble punting.

"Remember that lady that dad was talking about? The one who was the commander of the Equestrian army way, way, back?"

"Volta Thundertred? What about her?"

"Well, I was thinking, dad said that she had to cut two tornados in half with lightning... and that there was this crazy war between ponies and griffons... well, do you think it all might happen again?"

"The tornados and griffins? Well, ponies and griffons are at peace now, but weather is something else," Season chuckled lightly as he carried on through the garden.

"No, no, what I meant was do you think that Coltenhagen... and well... Equestria will be at some sort of threat again?"

"I- I dunno... but it's kind of a scary thought."

Surgio sat down and sighed, "you know, I'd hate to see the ponies and griffons here get hurt, Coltenhagen is so peaceful and amazing... everypony is just so happy here."

"Hey, don't forget!" Season exclaimed cheerfully as he sat down next to his blood brother, "we're gonna be going into magic school soon and we're gonna learn all about leadership and all that political junk that dad was talking about!"

"You mean you really wanna do it?" Surgio looked at his brother with a grin of hope.

"Definitely, we promised each other that we're gonna grow up to make Coltenhagen the most peaceful and beautiful land ever! And after that, the whole of Equestria!" Season put out his front hoof, "Thundertred brothers till the end, right?"

"Right!" Surgio complied, his grin widened as they bumped hooves, "till the end!"

-End-

Silence claimed the area once more as Surgio stared at his hoof, his frown soon left his expression as he looked up, "Yes. I'm sure," Surgio's horn began to glow in a blue aura, "General, if you could please assist me."

"Of course my leader," Razorsharp replied as his horn glowed in a crimson aura.

The two then shot continuous rays at the statue, the magical particles soon coated the stone prison in a spiraling motion of ocean blue and crimson. Pieces of the statue began to crumble where in their places would be the surface of Discrons skin and fur starting from the tip of his hands, quickly but smoothly the lower part of his body began to reveal itself as the stone coating toppled off, as the process complete by the last piece of rubble bursting off the tip of his nose, a blinding white light flashed instantly, and Discord groaned loudly and violently yet it was a groan of relief for he was finally free once more.

Discord shifted his eyes from side to side, he grinned evilly as he saw the fear on some of the soldiers faces but it soon faded as he met the stare of the Surgio.

"Who are you?" Discord asked as he crossed his arms while maintaining his midair state.

At the brink of his first words, the entire Metamor Legion kneeled down to Discord.

"Greetings, O omnipotent and mighty god of chaos," Surgio began, holding nothing back, "this is the Metamor Legion, and I am their leader."

"Well, I suppose it's safe to say that I owe my revival to you?" Discord said as his nefarious grin returned, "you have my thanks but don't expect any of my praise, you see I'm actually quite angry and I've got a little score to settle with-"

"The princess' and the elements of harmony?" Surgio said, sharing the same grin, "we are indeed very aware of what it is you're after, and I can offer you the fastest route to success."

"Well I'm sorry to burst your little bubble, but incase you didn't know, I'm the god of chaos and I don't play well with others," Discord flew upwards and mysteriously ended up crawling up behind Surgio, he placed his arm around his shoulder, "haven't you given any thought of what might happen to you if you were to revive me in a place which seems so unknown in front of many unfamiliar faces? Has your mind not pondered on just how much I'd be aching for revenge? And you have the nerve to think I'd be so thankful that you would forever have my loyalty? That you would be able to lead a god?"

Surgio chuckled heartily at Discord's so called misunderstanding, "oh my lord, excuse my rudeness for leading you to such a false direction. It was never of my intention to try and control you, parish the thought. You see, all these ponies here including myself, actually enjoyed your way of ruling, I mean, who is Princess Celestia to say that we cannot have clouds of cotton candy which pour chocolate milk?"

"What's your point? Are you saying you're going to support me in stepping up as ruler of Equestria?"

"That is exactly what I'm saying. Think about it Discord, the princess' are gaining knowledge and power each day and even as we speak the elements of harmony are familiarizing themselves with their elements, pushing themselves to become stronger. Don't get me wrong my lord, I am not saying that you can't possibly stand up against them, but what I do know is that it's going to be one heck of a kerfuffle and there's a great possibility that their strategy will be to gang up on you and turn you to stone once more, and there may not be a second wind after that."

"You have my undivided attention." Discord placed his hands together as Surgio carried on his explanation.

"I too have a grudge against Celestia. My home, Coltenhagen, was completely annihilated and that hack of a princess didn't even bother to take action. I, we all would much rather have someone else take over her place, somepony like you. And seeing as though power is everything, in this case yours surpasses Celestia's I am sure of it, then we wouldn t have to worry about cowardly and corrupt futures when all you want to do is simply have fun. We will ward off the elements of harmony while you deal with the princess', we'll even keep the elements of harmony alive just so you can have your way with them."

"Did you say... Coltenhagen?" Discord disclosed, Surgio nodded in response.

"My name is Surgio Thundertred, this is the Metamor Legion, and we are dedicated to your success. We are your army, you are our leader."

Discord glanced over the countless amounts of soldiers, his grin widened as he darted his eyes back to Surgio, "Thundertred you say? Yes of course, the shape of your ears and the way your mane bends is so much of a resemblance of his own..."

'Oh this is just too perfect,' Discord thought as he his veins pumped ecstatic dominance around his body, 'my very own army and I've already got the upper plans! And this pony... Surgio Thundertred is the perfect relic of revenge to Celestia, Luna, and... him.'

"Allright, you've convinced me!" Discord blurted in exciteful bliss, "but I must warn you, I can feel the level of all your abilities, and if you dare cross me, then I'll destroy you all."

"Oh my lord, I wouldn't dream of such a thing," Surgio quickly turned around to the rest of the army, his cape brushed against the wind as he did so, "all hail our new leader! Discord! The god of chaos!"

They all cheered loudly and proudly as though a world changing victory had been achieved and Discord loved every second of it. He laughed with such a tone of darkness, his heart filled with glee.

A few seconds later, once everyone had calmed down, Surgio walked up to the god which stood before him, "tell me my leader, what is it you would like us to do?"

Discord hummed out his laughter as he met eyes with Surgio once more, "share with me all your plans, let's go start some chaos."

"Gladly," Surgio replied with full dedication, 'all according to plan.'