• Published 11th Nov 2019
  • 1,583 Views, 96 Comments

Princess Preparatory - Melody Song



Human Alternate Universe where Twilight Sparkle and Mane 6 attend a Princess School. They get past obstacles while falling in love with certain boys.

  • ...
15
 96
 1,583

The Winter Ball Part 2

Author's Note:

Sorry this took so long, I had writers block but I'm back now! And you may have noticed I changed the character tags. That's because after this chapter, starts an arc mostly concerning the teachers, with the students providing aid. But I think you're going to like this chapter. The ending has a bit of a...surprise.

~Melody Song

"They look happy." Luna remarked as they took their seats at the table.

"Mmhmm." Tempest hummed, not really paying attention. She was tapping her fingers on the table and looking away.

"Something wrong Temp?" Pharynx asked

Luna and Celestia shared a look with Ember. They too, had noticed Tempest seemed upset, but had decided to wait and see if Pharynx noticed and brought it up.

"I'm fine. Just something going on in the Shadow Realm...honestly..." Tempest sighed and turned to face them. "...I don't know if I'm going to be able to visit you guys this year."

"What?!" Pharynx asked, which sounded more like a yelp. He blushed and cleared his throat. "I mean, uh, why not?"

"My boss wants me to help him with some top-secret project. He's been very closed-off about it for years. Looks like he finally trusts me enough to show me."

"Well, that's good, right?" Thorax asked, and Tempest nodded.

"Yeah, it is. But it means I might not see you guys this winter."

"We'll miss you sorely Tempest, but we understand." Celestia said, placing a hand on hers.

"Now can we talk about how nice you two look in your dresses?" Luna asked, changing the subject abruptly. Tempest cracked a small smile.

Tempest was wearing a deep magenta dress that matched her hair. It was simplistic from a first glance, but if you looked closer, you could see stormclouds woven into the skirt. Her sleeves were made of a silver-gray fabric that reminded everyone of rain. Black thread accented the whole thing. A silver circlet was on Tempest's head, with the image of a lightning bolt on it.

Ember, meanwhile, was wearing a golden dress that resembled the armor she typically wore. Parts of it were made of genuine armor that had been turned into a skirt. She wore fingerless gloves made of a purple-blue fabric. The crown on her head was the same shade of purple-blue, with a bright red gem in the center.

"She's not wrong. You look beautiful." Thorax said, looking straight at Ember.

"You look even better Temp." Pharynx added, making the female knight blush.

"Please. No one ever thinks I look beautiful. Back...home, they always complain that I don't dress right, and this..." Tempest reached up to graze the scar running over her eye.

"Temp, that's just a sign of strength. And honestly, you look even more attractive in your armor then you ever would in a dress. Not that this one doesn't look good on you." Pharynx said

"Will you two stop flirting and just kiss already?" Celestia asked abruptly, and they both blushed.

"Shut up Tia." Tempest muttered

"Yeah, no one needs to hear your nonsense." Pharynx added

"I believe what my sister is trying to say..." Luna leaned closer so the group of friends could all hear. "Is that the mistletoe we had hidden around the school grounds wasn't simply for the students' pleasure..."

Pharynx coughed and blushed while Tempest shrank back in her seat. Ember and Thorax shared knowing looks with each other, beaming.


Rainbow Dash stood with Daring, Spitfire, and Fleetfoot. Soarin walked up to them, carrying drinks. He offered one to Rainbow, who blushed and thanked him, taking it.

"So, this is the guy?" Daring asked, and Rainbow ignored her, taking a gulp of the cider.

"Yes." Spitfire responded and Daring leaned in to whisper to her twin.

"Hey, you two should kiss."

Rainbow turned bright read and choked on her drink. Soarin reached out, touching her shoulder gently.

"You okay?" he asked, concerned

"Fine." Rainbow said, glaring at Daring, who laughed and turned to leave.

"What did she say?" Spitfire asked

"Not important." Rainbow muttered, looking up at Soarin. "That was my twin sister, Daring Do, by the way. Ignore her, she's a writer so she likes making stuff up."

"Oh, tho she thaid thomething about how you two are made for each other." Fleetfoot teased

"A writer?" Soarin asked

"Daring writes about some of the adventures she goes on and gets a little money out of it. But Daring always says she only does it because she feels the stories are so amazing she shouldn't keep them to herself."

"That's pretty cool." Soarin took a sip of his drink.

"Yeah." Rainbow said "But she's being annoying now."

"Just ignore it. I'm sure she doesn't mean to annoy you."

"Rainbow and Soarin, sitting in a tree~" Spitfire started

"But they do." Rainbow muttered, blushing. "Come on Soar, I know somewhere quiet we can go."

-------------------------------------------

In another section of the room, Twilight, Spike, Star Tracker, Sunburst, Sunset Shimmer, Starlight Glimmer, and Flash Sentry were talking.

"So then, we realized that if we organized the group so the Cleric was in the back, and the Wizards in the center, we'd stand a better chance." Sunburst was saying to Starlight, who nodded interestedly.

"I kind of want to try that. Think one day during the break we could get together for a round?"

"Well...the thing is...we're in the middle of a story and we need all the players..." Sunburst began apologetically.

"It's fine." Starlight smiled at him. "But definitely let me know when you start a new 'story'. It sounds fun."

-------------------------------------------

Fluttershy, Discord, Pinkie, and Cheese were near the food, snacking on treats while they talked.

"So you really almost made chocolate milk rain?" Pinkie asked

"Well, let's just say if Sunburst and Shining weren't such sticklers for the rules our science project would have...rained on everyone's parade."

"Wow." Pinkie gasped

"Yeah. I wish I'd been in his group instead of Shining, we'd have had tons more fun." Cheese said

-------------------------------------------

Shining was twirling Cadence around on the dance floor, and nearby, Rarity and Fashion Plate were also dancing.

"You're quite the dancer Fashion."

"As are you, Ms. Rarity."

Rarity giggled and leaned up against him. Fashion slipped his arm around her waist and kept hold of her other hand.

"Having fun?" Cadence asked as she and Shining passed by, done for the time being.

"Yes." Rarity said, pulling away so she and Fashion could resume their dance.

"Nice. We're gonna go find Twily."

"I think I saw her over there with Flash, Spike, Star Tracker, Sunburst, and those two's sisters."

"Thanks." Shining said, before heading off, holding Cadence's hand.

-------------------------------------------

Daring had slipped away so that Spitfire and Fleetfoot could finish the job-and so Rainbow wouldn't kill her. She headed for the buffet, then bumped into someone and stepped back.

"I'm sorry, I didn't see you." Daring said

"No, it's my fault." the person-it was a boy by his voice-insisted.

Daring looked up to see who it was. "Oh, Dark Shooter, right? Fleetfoot's brother?"

"Yeah." Dark Shooter nodded "And you're Daring, right? Rainbow's twin?"

"Yep."

"She mentioned you were an author and adventurer, right?"

"Uh, yeah. How do you remember that?"

"It seemed cool." Dark Shooter shrugged. Daring laughed softly.

"I was just heading over to the buffet-would you like to join me?"

"Oh, sure. I see some of my friends over there anyway." Dark Shooter said, holding out his arm. "M'lady?"

"Heh, funny. But I'm sure you're aware that an adventurer doesn't need to walk in on the arm of a man."

"I am." Dark Shooter said, not missing a beat. "It was a joke."

"If you did want to make up for bumping into me, you could hold my food." Daring suggested

"Now hold on, you said you bumped into me!"

"And you apologized anyway." Daring teased as she headed over, and Dark Shooter sped up to keep pace with her.

"I'll still hold your food if you want."

"Nah, I've got it."


"The students certainly seem to be enjoying themselves." Celestia remarked, and Luna nodded. Tempest's phone suddenly rang, and she stood up to take the call.

"What?" Tempest growled

"When are you going to be done with the mission of yours? I'm worried you may be too invested in the role."

"I told you, I'll be back in the army by the end of the week."

"Good, because I may get impatient. And if I do I guarantee it will be Grubber I tell my plan to and dictate what I want him to do to complete it."

"What?" Tempest put a hand to her forehead. "I-okay. I'll...see if I can get back earlier."

"You better. Remember Tempest, I'm the only one who can give you what you really want...your freedom, and the respect you wish you had-"

"Yes, I know."

"Ah, I was rambling again wasn't I? Very bad habit, thank you Tempest. I really must break it. What kind of villain goes around telling the hero their plans? I'm just glad you're not a hero, right Tempest?"

Tempest turned to glance at her friends, smiling and laughing together, then back to the shadows she was hiding in. She looked downcast, and mumbled her answer. "...Yes, your highness."