• Published 11th Nov 2019
  • 1,579 Views, 96 Comments

Princess Preparatory - Melody Song



Human Alternate Universe where Twilight Sparkle and Mane 6 attend a Princess School. They get past obstacles while falling in love with certain boys.

  • ...
15
 96
 1,579

New Girl

Author's Note:

Okay, so the movie they were watching was [drumroll please]....

It Takes Two!!

It's a movie on Netflix starring the Olsen twins. You should check it out if you haven't, it's really great.

Now, it's time to meet the newbie.

~Melody Song

Rainbow, Spitfire, and Fleetfoot were hard at work in Self Defense. Professor Tempest Shadow was sparring with Spitfire while Rainbow and Fleetfoot went at each other. Professor Tempest had finally allowed them to use weapons. Spitfire and Fleetfoot had selected swords, while Rainbow had picked a staff. Professor Tempest's weapon was a spear.

All the blades were covered with sheaths, so that if anyone was accidentally hit, it wouldn't hurt them.

"Nice parry Fleetfoot, now try a thrust. Spitfire, use the flat side of the sword to block my attacks." Professor Tempest was saying, when Vice Headmistress Luna entered.

"Professor Tempest, may I speak to you?"

"Okay then. Girls, take a break." Professor Tempest set the spear to the side. She then left the room with Vice Headmistress Luna.

"What do you think's going on?" Spitfire asked

"Don't know." Fleetfoot replied


"She was outside, wearing this cloak. Claims to be related to one of our Princesses in your class." Luna nodded to the strange girl.

"Oh? Which one?" Tempest asked the girl. She had the hood pulled over her head so that her face was masked.

"Princess Dash, she's my sister." she replied

"Princess Dash only has one sister, Princess Scootaloo." Luna objected

"She knows who I am, she was instructed not to say anything." the girl raised her hand and flipped back her hood. "But try to tell me we're not twins."

They both gasped. She had the exact same magenta eyes as Rainbow Dash. Her hair fell in the same natural style, though it was grayscaled instead of multicolored.

"But, your hair..." Tempest breathed

"I remember when we were younger our mother used to say that since Rainbow was born first, she took all the color of our hair with her." Daring chuckled. "Anyway, can I see my sister?"

"I suppose you can, yes. You've arrived rather late for school." Luna chuckled

"Sorry about the holdup. I meant to be here sooner but my last mission ran long." Daring then pulled her hood back up and entered the classroom.


The three girls turned to see a strange girl step into the classroom. She was wearing a hooded cloak.

"Who are you?" Rainbow asked, and the girl laughed.

"Come on Rainbow, don't tell me you three have already forgotten-"

"Daring!" the three girls raced across the room and hugged the hooded girl, knocking her hood off her face.

"I missed you." Rainbow said, hugging her tight, and Daring returned it. Rainbow let go and glared at her sister. "You said you'd be back in time for the first day!"

"Sorry sis. Caballeron proved trickier to capture than I thought. But I'm here now. And I rescued the Sphere of Secrets too, so that was a bonus." Daring replied, smiling.

"The Sphere of Secrets? It's an ancient artifact. Who are you, exactly?" Vice Headmistress Luna asked, coming in with Professor Tempest. Rainbow gave her sister a look.

"Daring, don't tell me you haven't even told our teachers who you are yet?"

"I had to find you first sis." Daring turned and smiled at them "Daring Do, Princess of the Light Kingdom and best adventurer in the world. I also write books, but that's just a hobby. I travel around the world and find ancient treasures. Then I return them to where they belong: museums in their native Kingdom or Territory. Better in there than in the wrong hands, I say." Daring explained

"Why don't you stay in my class with your sister. Then tonight we can give you a room. I believe Miss Flare and Miss Frost have an extra bed, the rooms are for three each but they have a room to themselves." Professor Tempest suggested.

"That'll be fine." Daring agreed, then whispered to the girls. "As long as you two don't do it, I won't say a word." they nodded gratefully.


"So, you and Scootaloo have another sister?" Twilight asked at dinner. Rainbow had introduced Daring to them.

"Yeah. Spit, Fleet, and I grew up with her. We were super close." Rainbow said, and Daring shrugged, more focused on her food.

"Why don't you stay in your kingdom darling?" Rarity asked, and Daring sighed, putting her utensils down.

"Well, I first left because I wasn't very respected. I was a Princess of the Light Kingdom who's hair wasn't colorful. Our parents did their best to protect me but I was harassed a lot. Eventually I left for the night, to get some peace and quiet. Rainbow went with me. We ended up...kind of saving the whole Kingdom from a monster named Ahuizotil, who was trying to doom it to a hundred years of unrelenting heat. In the aftermath, I discovered that everybody would respect me if I saved them. Now, I let my sisters be in the public eye while I save the day. I occasionally show up to represent the family-and visit my sisters, of course. But my home has never been the Light Kingdom. It's the land outside it. Our subjects still know who I am, but they respect me a lot more as their savior than their Princess." Daring explained

"Oh. I see." Rarity didn't know how to respond to that.

"Daring's still my sister, no matter what. She just protects the Kingdom in a different way." Rainbow put an arm around her sister and hugged her. Daring smiled back.

"Love you too sis. So, what's been going on?" Daring asked

"Well, there was a Banquet a few weeks ago, with the boys school." Twilight said

"And your sister was charmed by a boy." Rarity added, and Rainbow blushed.

"Oh, really?" Daring asked, looking at Rainbow with a grin.

"I-it's nothing, really. It's not important." she stammered

"Judging by the blush on your face, as well as my Twintuition, I know that's not the case." Daring replied cheekily. "What's his name?"

"S-Soarin Skies. He's the Prince of the Air Kingdom, and he's training to be a knight." Rainbow replied.

"He sounds great. Is he cute?"

"Y-yeah. He kissed me on the cheek when he had to leave."

"You know the next time we see the boys for the Winter Ball I'm going to tease you relentlessly, right?"

"I expected it." Rainbow sighed, glaring at Rarity.

"So, I hear there's a new girl." Uppercrust had come over to their table.

"What do you want Uppercrust?" Rainbow asked

"To talk with her." Uppercrust leaned down and whispered into Daring's ear for a long moment. Daring's eyes narrowed and she glared at the girl.

"Leave. Now."

"Or what? You know I'm right." Uppercrust laughed. It happened too fast for the others to see. Uppercrust lay on the ground, clutching at her skirt, now shredded. Daring had stood, she was holding a handle that was attached to a long rope.

"I didn't miss. Try me again and my aim will strike closer to your face." Daring snarled, and the girl ran off.

"What is that?" Pinkie asked eagerly as Daring coiled the rope back up.

"Whip. Never thought it would come in handy at a Royal School but here we are." Daring said, stashing it back in her cloak.

"What did she say to you?" Twilight asked

"She told me that I had better join her crew. That there was no use for a colorless Princess in my kingdom. That I would never amount to anything more than a Royal Adviser to my own sisters." Daring replied

"But...didn't you say that yourself?" Sunset reminded her.

"I said I was never meant to rule the kingdom. There's a difference." Daring replied, going back to her food.

"It doesn't matter what Daring said." Rainbow added "I've learned that just because you already know something about yourself is true, it doesn't stop it from hurting when others tell you."