• Published 11th Nov 2019
  • 1,559 Views, 95 Comments

Princess Preparatory - Melody Song



Human Alternate Universe where Twilight Sparkle and Mane 6 attend a Princess School. They get past obstacles while falling in love with certain boys.

  • ...
15
 95
 1,559

Meeting the Boys

Months passed, and all the students at Princess Preparatory grew excited for the grand banquet they would be having with the students from Prince and Knight Academy. Out of Twilight's friends, Rarity in particular seemed the most excited for it.

"Oh, just think! A whole night with the charming Princes and Knights from the Academy!" Rarity cried as she did her nails. They were having a sleepover four days before the big banquet.

"It's not supposed to be a simple dinner, it's to show off what both schools have taught their students." Twilight objected

"Yes darling, I know that. But I'll still be in the same room as all those charming young men. I do hope they're handsome."

"I don't see what the big deal is." Spitfire said from where she was sitting with Fleetfoot and Rainbow Dash. Sunset and Starlight were nearby.

"Well, I don't mean to be offensive, but you wouldn't, really. Considering your preferences." Rarity said

"Hey! Rare, I'm not taking offense, but get your facts straight. I'm Bi, not Lesbian. That's Fleety." Spitfire said, kissing her girlfriend's cheek. "I like girls and guys, there's no problem with that."

"Sorry darling, I won't mix it up again, I promise." Rarity said, and Spitfire nodded in thanks.

"Anyway, what's the schedule for the day of the Banquet?" Sunset asked

"The regular morning classes, but the afternoon classes are canceled so we can focus on getting ourselves ready." Twilight replied

"And then...?" Fluttershy asked

"Party Time!" Pinkie answered, falling backwards onto Twilight's bed with a laugh. The other girls joined in, thinking about the night to come.


"Why is this banquet happening again?" Discord asked

"To show how we've progressed with decorum." Sunburst replied

"So you'd better behave yourself." Flash Sentry warned

"Relax, I promise I won't mess up the party."

"Good, 'cause in exactly three days, it's Party Time!" Cheese cried

"We'll get to see Twily again." Shining said to Spike, and he nodded eagerly

"I can't wait to meet the new friends she texted about."


"Time for the Banquet!" Rarity called in a sing-song voice, skipping down the hallway

"We have two hours." Spitfire replied, sticking her head out of her dorm room

"I know, not nearly enough time! We've got to hurry!" Rarity cried. Spitfire rolled her eyes and shut the door to her and Fleet's room

"I'm excited too Rarity, but two hours is plenty of time to get ready." Twilight said, coming out into the hall.

"True, but a lady must always be prepared." Rarity said, before going into her room.

Two hours later the group of girls headed to the grand dining room, where the Banquet would be held. They were in School Uniform, as required, and stood in line with the other Princesses and Royal Assistants to wait for the arrival of their guests. Their teachers stood in front of them.

"Listen." Applejack breathed, and they heard it. Whinnies and neighs. The carriages from Prince and Knight Academy had arrived. Two people strode in after the doors opened.

"Headmaster Thorax." Headmistress Celestia greeted the one with green hair

"Headmistress Celestia." He returned the greeting

"Vice Headmaster Pharynx." Vice Headmistress Luna said to the man with black hair

"Vice Headmistress Luna." he bowed formally to her, unlike the first man. Behind the Headmaster and Vice Headmaster, boys were entering and standing in a line, like them.

"Oh, I've never seen so many charming boys." Rarity breathed. Twilight was searching the line and spotted her brothers, but she wasn't supposed to be moving until given permission. It seemed the boys had been given similar instructions.

"Princesses and Royal Assistants, please welcome the Princes, Knights-in-Training, and Royal Assistants of Prince and Knight Academy." Headmistress Celestia said, and they all curtsied. The boys bowed back politely, and Vice Headmistress Luna clapped her hands.

"The feast will begin in an hour, for now there are Hors D'oeuvres and refreshments. Please take this time to mingle." she announced, before following her sister down a hallway. Their teachers, Professor Tempest and Professor Ember, were walking beside the Headmaster and Vice Headmaster of the Prince school. The two groups of students shifted uncomfortably for a moment. It was their first time meeting.

"Shiny!" Twilight couldn't help herself, as soon as the doors closed behind them, Twilight ran over to her brothers

"Twily! I missed you sis!" Shining hugged her back. Spike hugged Twilight too, as Twilight's friends came over too. Shining was standing next to some other boys, who were looking at him

"Guys, this is Twilight, our sister." Spike said to them

"Hi." Twilight said shyly to them "These are my friends." she gestured to them.

"And you were worried you wouldn't make any friends." Spike teased, and Twilight smiled back.

"And to think I wouldn't have made friends if Uppercrust hadn't been mean to me."

"Who was mean to you?" It was Cadence

"Princess Cadence!" Rarity gasped, curtsying. Sunset and Starlight did the same. Pinkie and Fluttershy followed their lead, while Rainbow, Applejack, Spitfire, and Fleetfoot didn't move until the other girls jerked them down.

"Hey Cadence." Shining brought her in for a one armed hug and she smiled

"Uppercrust, she dumped her smoothie on me my first day." Twilight explained in answer to Cadence's question, and Rarity jumped up from her curtsy.

"But, thankfully I had been nearby, and gave her a new dress. The fashion crisis was avoided." Rarity said, and Rainbow rolled her eyes simultaneously with Spitfire.

"Ah think we were talkin' about how we met, not her outfit." Applejack said

"Well, yes. But if I hadn't offered to help, she'd never have met us."

"Well, Rainbow 'n I are her roommates..." Applejack was drowned out by one of Shining's friends.

"You gave her a new dress? Was it yours?" The boy had gray-blue hair and blue eyes, which were covered by white rimmed sunglasses with pink lenses.

"Yes, technically. I made it." Rarity said, and he took her hand

"I've always wanted to talk with another fashion lover! I'm Fashion Plate, Prince of the Chic Kingdom."

"Rarity, Eldest Princess of the Style Kingdom." Rarity said, and the two walked away, talking excitedly to each other.

"Ah think we should all introduce ourselves." Applejack suggested "I'm Applejack, Princess of the Apple Kingdom."

"I'm Fluttershy, Princess of the Nature Kingdom." Fluttershy said shyly

"Pinkie Pie, Princess of the Laugh Kingdom!" Pinkie said

"I'm the one you picked to be your Royal Assistant, Cheese Sandwich." the boy with curly brown hair said

"Really? Oh, that's amazing! Would you like to come talk with me about confetti preferences while we go try some of those snacks?!"

"Sure! M'lady." Cheese bowed jokingly and stuck out his elbow. Pinkie giggled and linked arms with him, and the two bounced off

"I'm Sunset Shimmer, Princess of the Sunlands. I see you know my brother, Sunburst." Sunset said

"Hey sis." he greeted

"I'm Starlight Glimmer, Princess of the Star Kingdom. You know my brother too, Star Tracker." She nodded to the boy, who waved shyly.

"I am Discord, of Chaotica, Knight-in-training." The boy with messy black and white hair said

"Flash Sentry, also a Knight." this boy had blue hair that swept back over his eyes.

"Spitfire Flare, Princess of the Fire Kingdom." Spitfire said, one hand on her hip.

"Fleetfoot, Ice Kingdom." Fleetfoot said, then looked away, muttering under her breath.

"Rainbow Dash, Princess of the Light Kingdom." Rainbow said

"Soarin Skies, Prince of the Air Kingdom, also Knight." Soarin said

"You're both?" Twilight asked

"Yeah, I'm training to be a Knight but I'm a Prince." Soarin replied

"What do you guys want to do?" Spitfire asked Fleetfoot and Rainbow Dash "Since Professor Tempest left we can't ask her about her class."

"What does she teach?" Spike asked

"Self Defense." Spitfire replied "It's an elective, Rainbow, Fleet, and I signed up."

"We're like, the only students in her class. Well, there were other girls, but they dropped out or are on the verge of dropping out. We're her best students." Rainbow said

"I'm gonna check out the snacks." Applejack said, turning and leaving.

"I know what we can do." Fleetfoot said, pointing at Uppercrust, who was flirting with one of the boys, surrounded, as usual, by her cronies.

"Oh yes." Rainbow said, clenching a fist "Come on." she started forward, but Spitfire held her back

"Perimeter check first Rainbow."

"Why does that matter? Also, how do you know that term, it's for Knights." Discord asked

"For your first question, the teachers don't know Uppercrust and her goons are bullies, if they spot us attacking them, we'll get in trouble. For your second question, Professor Tempest teaches the skills of a Knight as a part of her class, as she is Head Knight in the Shadow Realm. Fleet, we clear?"

"All good."

"Okay, now we can go." Spitfire released Rainbow Dash, who tore across the room, Spitfire and Fleetfoot following. Uppercrust saw them coming and huffed, turning to them, glass of punch in hand.

"This won't end well." Fluttershy murmured, ducking behind Sunset and Starlight.

"What do you want to bet Uppercrust gets the jump on them?" Sunset asked calmly

"I'll bet...my collection of star-shaped barrettes on the Wonderbolts winning. You?"

"The Wonderbolts?" Soarin asked

"It's their group term for themselves, because they like going fast and when they play sports they leave everyone in wonder." Sunset replied "Anyway, I'll bet my favorite leather jacket on Uppercrust, not that I want her to win."

They could see Uppercrust, she was talking to them as Sonata, Adagio, and Aria came up behind them. Uppercrust snapped her fingers and the three mean girls grabbed Spitfire, Fleetfoot, and Rainbow. The three were pinned against the bullies, though they struggled, they couldn't get their arms free. Uppercrust said something to each one of them, then poured her drink on Spitfire's head, getting her slicked back hair wet, making it fall around her shoulders. The boy Uppercrust was with joined in, pouring his own drink on Rainbow's head, then Uppercrust sneered at Fleetfoot, saying something else. Sonata, Aria, and Adagio dropped them with another snap of Uppercrust's fingers, and followed their leader away.

"Looks like I owe you my barrettes." Starlight sighed

"I'd would rather have had to give you my jacket, Uppercrust is such a pain." Sunset said

"That little brat!" Rainbow snapped, coming over with Spitfire, who had an arm around Fleetfoot. She looked like she was going to cry.

"What's wrong?" Twilight asked, and Fleetfoot mumbled something

"What?" Spike asked

"Sh-she called me pathetic, a-and she made fun of my...you know." Fleetfoot trailed off

"Your what?" Soarin asked

"Promise you won't laugh at her?" Spitfire asked, and they nodded

"My...lithp." Fleetfoot said "She called me a lethbian freak and thaid my thtupid lithp made me thound like a thnake."

"Now she's gone too far." Starlight cried, and Rainbow sighed

"Well yeah, but she's got way too many cronies, and us three are the only ones who know how to fight."

"Oh."

"My hair is gonna take hours to dry, and I liked it in that style." Spitfire sighed, and Rainbow touched her own, very wet, hair.

"It's not so bad. At least no one will notice it in mine." she reasoned

"You don't care?" Flash Sentry asked

"Not really. I just don't want my hair to be down, it's really long." Spitfire said

"You said something about being lesbian?" Star Tracker asked

"Yeah, that'th me, the gay little freak."

"You're not a freak, and if you are, so am I." Spitfire said to her, and Fleetfoot smiled softly, hugging her.

"Huh?" Discord asked, and Star Tracker leaned in, whispering something. "Oh, got it." Just then, the teachers came back, and Vice Headmistress Luna clapped her hands again to get their attention.

"It is time to adjourn to the dining room. Princesses and Lady Royals, if you would so kindly escort the students of Prince and Knight Academy?" Vice Headmistress Luna's suggestion was more of an order.

"Come on, we'll take you there." Twilight said, leading them into another room with long tables arranged in a circle around what was clearly the ballroom.

They all sat down and began to eat. Soarin talked with Rainbow, Spitfire, and Fleetfoot. Star Tracker talked about the constellations with Twilight, while his sister and Sunset talked with her brother and Flash Sentry. Discord and Spike made small talk with Fluttershy and Applejack, while Rarity and Pinkie talked with Fashion Plate and Cheese Sandwich.

"I'm not really good with this whole table setting thing." Soarin admitted to the three girls.

"Don't worry, I'm not good at it either." Rainbow replied, stabbing her steak with one of the forks.

"Rainbow, you need to work your way in from the outside." Rarity commented helpfully.

"Oh, okay. Thanks Rare." Rainbow took her other fork and kept eating.

"Such a slob, aren't you Rainbow Crash." Lightning Dust commented, smirking. The boys nearby laughed.

"Rainbow Crash!" they echoed.

"Who are they?" Spitfire asked, clutching her fork tightly.

"Those are some Royal Assistants from my school, Hoops, Score, and Dumbbell." Soarin replied, glaring at the boys.

"Just ignore them guyth, they'll thtop." Fleetfoot murmured.

"Yeah, you're right, they're just dumb bullies anyway." Rainbow spat.

Author's Note:

Sorry, it was going to be too long so I split it into two chapters (it might stretch to three) the next chapter will come soon!