• Published 11th Nov 2019
  • 1,583 Views, 96 Comments

Princess Preparatory - Melody Song



Human Alternate Universe where Twilight Sparkle and Mane 6 attend a Princess School. They get past obstacles while falling in love with certain boys.

  • ...
15
 96
 1,583

The Shadow Lands

After they got their food, Tempest and Pharynx switched with Ember and Thorax, who took the wheel. As they ate, Tempest looked out for the familiar landmarks that proved they were nearing her home.

Tempest had never let her friends see how much of a wasteland the Shadow Lands were. So, as usual, she had Thorax stop the car at the train station, insisting she could walk from there.

"I don't like how you won't let us drive you in." Pharynx said as he grabbed her bag for her-the classic chivalrous knight, no matter how much he protested against fitting into the archetype.

"I just don't want to trouble you guys any more, you're already late getting to Tia and Lulu's, and after that you still need to head back to your own kingdoms. Besides, I could use the exercise, without my students-or you-to keep me on my toes."

Pharynx chuckled softly and nodded, placing a hand on her shoulder.

"Well, okay. But promise to call this time? I don't get how you just suddenly drop off the grid while here."

"I have a lot of work to do." Tempest said, avoiding his gaze.

This was true, her King did give her a lot of work whenever she returned. But the Kingdom didn't exactly have good internet, so she used her devices sparingly.

"I guess not all of us are lucky enough to be employed by our brother, huh?" Pharynx joked, and Tempest smiled halfheartedly.

"No, I guess not. I'll try to call if I can, but I wouldn't get my hopes up Phar. For now, I'd better go."

"Okay then..." Pharynx scuffed his foot on the ground. "...I'll miss you..." Tempest finally gave him a real smile.

"I'll miss you too, bug." she punched him lightly in the shoulder, then turned. "See you guys next semester!"

"Bye!" Thorax and Celestia called cheerily, waving.

"Goofballs." Ember teased them, then waved. "See ya Temp!"

"Good luck with your duties!" Luna called out.

"Bye, Tempest." Pharynx murmured, holding still, until something hit him in the back of his head. It was the keys, which he caught before they could fall.

"Get in the car lover boy. We've still got a ways to go." Ember said, having been the one to throw the keys.

"I'm coming, I'm coming." Pharynx responded, going back around to the driver's side and looking up, watching Tempest walk into the distance.


Tempest pushed open the gates of her kingdom, saluting to her fellow guards, two big brutes with shaggy black hair. She then walked through the dingy, dark streets, past the homeless peeking out from alleys. Tempest stopped at one point and dug out half a loaf of bread and some cheese that she'd nicked from the school kitchens. She walked towards one of the alleys and found, as expected, a girl with long, white-pink hair, and blue eyes, wearing a tattered brown outfit. A smaller boy with purple hair with white tips lay beside her.

"Commander Tempest!" the girl said, rising on trembling legs.

"Laibah. How's Siamen?" Tempest kneeled down and nudged the boy.

"He's okay. He was up late gathering wood." she replied "And I'm not Laibah."

"Why not?"

"Because Laibah is the name my father gave me."

"You should be proud he gave you such a beautiful name." Tempest told her, sitting down and setting the bread and cheese on a napkin, drawing a blade from her bag. "It means he loves you. My parents must've hated me because they gave me such an awful name."

"Hehe, yeah, your real name's awful." Laibah giggled, accepting the bread and cheese Tempest sliced for her.

"Huh? Tempest!" Siamen cried, sitting up, his blue eyes gleaming.

"Hey buddy. Brought you some food." Tempest held out another slice.

"Are you staying long?" he asked, accepting the bread and shoving it in his mouth.

"Sorry guys, but I just got back. Need to report to the castle. You know how much the King hates being kept waiting."

"Okay..." Laibah reached and hugged her. "We missed you. Scavenging is hard."

"I know." Tempest said, a little too knowingly. "Tell you what, if I can manage it, I'll get you some more food once the King's done talking with me."

"Yay! You're the best Tempest!" Laibah cried

Tempest laughed softly.

"Okay. Make sure to share that food with the other people."

"We will." the two chorused, and Tempest nodded, standing and collecting her things.

"I'll see you again-come by the palace gates in a few hours and wait for me there."

"Yes ma'am!" they jokingly saluted her.

As Tempest left, she reflected on what her friends said.

"I can't really be evil if I help those two, can I?" Tempest shook her head. "I can and I am. Even villains aren't completely heartless to two cute kids like them. The King is right, I'm not a hero...I'm just a bad person living a lie..."


"Cadence!" Night Light and Twilight Velvet eagerly welcomed the Princess as she walked into the home, followed by Shining, Spike, and Twilight.

"Hello Mr and Mrs Sparkle, it's good to see you again." Cadence greeted politely.

"Oh none of that Cadence, you're family now!" Velvet cried, pulling her in for a hug.

"So, how was royal school kids?" Night Light asked

"Great dad, I made a lot of new friends, so did Spike and Shiny."

"Yes," Cadence agreed, prying herself free from her soon-to-be mother in-law at last. "Twilight has a number of great friends now. Speaking of friends, are we going to go say hello to your other friends Twilight?"

"Oh, Minuette, Twinkleshine, Lyra, Moondancer, and Lemon Hearts? Of course!" Twilight agreed

"You can do that after some food. I made fritters!" Velvet called as she headed into the kitchen.

"Yes!" Spike and Shining cried, running after her. Twilight and Cadence walked after them, Night Light following.

"It's nice to have you three home again." Night Light told Twilight, who smiled.

"It's good to be home dad."

Author's Note:

I'm back! Next chapter you'll get to find out (sort of) what the King has in store for Tempest. And those two cuties Tempest helped? Just thought I should clarify: Siamen is pronounced sigh-AH-men. Don't worry about those two, you'll see them again, I didn't just add in two extra characters for no reason.

~Melody Song