• Published 11th Nov 2019
  • 1,583 Views, 96 Comments

Princess Preparatory - Melody Song



Human Alternate Universe where Twilight Sparkle and Mane 6 attend a Princess School. They get past obstacles while falling in love with certain boys.

  • ...
15
 96
 1,583

Goodbyes

"Well, we'd better find the others." Pharynx sighed, standing. "Can you walk?"

"I think so. I might limp but I'll be okay." Tempest said

"I'll wait outside so you can change." Pharynx said, blushing.

"Thanks." Tempest said, also blushing.

Pharynx waited for Tempest. Luna had put some of her clothes aside for Tempest for when she woke up. She decided to change in the bathroom, and came out wearing jeans to cover the bandage on her leg, and a short sleeved shirt. The shirt, having been borrowed from Luna, was of course blue, rather than the magenta Tempest liked to wear. But still, it was a clean shirt. Pharynx was just admiring how nice she looked in clothes other than her usual style, but noticed her limp over to him.

"C'mere Temp." Pharynx held out a hand and she took it. Tempest leaned against him as they walked.

"Tempest?" they heard Shining's voice behind them and turned. He, Spike, and Twilight had come out.

"You look okay...mostly...but Celestia said you were hurt." Spike said

"Lucky for me the King's guards aren't the best at their job." Tempest tried to smile. "Where are Laibah and Siamen?"

"Cadence is waking them up." Twilight replied, as Cadence exited her room, Laibah and Siamen behind her.

Cadence had dressed Laibah in one of her old shirts, a white one, and a small-enough pink skirt. Siamen was wearing what was clearly one of Spike's purple shirts. It hung down around him. But it was the best they could do, anyway. And the clothes were better than the rags they'd worn the night before.

"Tempest! You're awake!" Laibah ran to her, and Tempest smiled, holding out her free arm.

"Hey Lai, I'm okay."

"We were worried..." Siamen mumbled, going up to Tempest and hugging her.

"Come on kids, we don't want to be late to breakfast." Pharynx said, shifting to steady himself and Tempest with the added weight of the two children.

"Yes, you two cuties need to be fed." Cadence added

"How is Tempest supposed to get down the stairs if she can't walk?" Laibah asked "She was having trouble yesterday before she fainted."

"Good point..." Shining said, bringing his hand to his chin.

"Well, I could always...carry you..." Pharynx mumbled the last part, making them both blush.

"That won't be necessary, we don't want to embarrass you two in front of Aunt Celestia and the others. They'll just tease you. And as adorable as you two are together, especially when being teased, I don't think it'd be a good thing for your students to see. Besides, walking down these stairs while carrying someone may not be the best idea." Cadence gestured to the large stairway.

"Cadence is right, factoring in the slope, added weight that would counterbalance you, and ability to see the next step, there's about a...fifty-four percent chance of you falling. Which could hurt you both, not to mention anyone walking in front of you." Twilight added

"Then how's she sp'osed to get down?" Siamen asked, and Cadence grinned.

"I have an idea." Cadence went over to the railing and ran a hand along it. "When I was little, Auntie Luna showed me how to get down the stairs quickly, in case of 'emergency'."

"Why did you do air quotes around the word emergency?" Spike asked

"Well, it's what she told me to say if Aunt Celestia ever caught me practicing...but really I think she just showed me because it was fun."

"What do you do?" Twilight asked

"I'll show you." Cadence hopped onto the railing and situated herself sideways on it, skirt folding underneath her. "In one...two...whoo-hoo!"

Cadence slid all the way down the railing, leaning forward on the curve so as not to fall. She straightened back up and jumped lightly off, landing with her long pink skirt swirling around her.

"Woah...." Spike said "I can't wait for her to be our sister-in-law!"

"Me next! Me next!" Laibah cried, trying to hoist herself onto the railing.

"Hold on Laibah!"

Cadence ran back up the stairs and picked Laibah up. She set her down on the railing, situating her.

"I should go beside you, okay? Just hold onto my hand, and I'll go first. So if you need to, you can scramble onto my lap. Now follow my lead."

Cadence pushed off and Laibah was tugged along after her, squealing in delight. When they reached the bottom, Cadence jumped off with practiced ease, pulling Laibah into her arms as she fell to the floor. They were both laughing.

"That was amazing! Come on Siamen!"

"I-is it okay if I just w-walk?" he asked

"Of course, come on." Twilight took his hand and walked down the stairs with him.

"Well, I wanna try it too!" Spike leapt onto the railing. "We used to do this on the poles at the skate park, this should be easy."

"Famous last words." Shining joked, walking down. "Here, I'll run beside you, just in case."

"Suit yourself. Whee!" Spike slid down after them, but unlike Cadence, was unable to land properly. He stumbled and fell, landing on his stomach. "Still worth it." he grunted

"Well, it's worth a shot. Should be easy with my training." Tempest said, limping over and sitting down on the rail. Pharynx, grinning, jumped on beside her.

"What, like I'm going to let you have all the fun." Pharynx smirked as she looked at him.

The two of them slid down the railing, a bit more steadily than the others. Their knight training enabled their balance to be better and they jumped off easily, though Tempest's leg buckled. Pharynx was right beside her to steady her, however.

"What's going on here?" Celestia asked as Shining, Twilight, and Siamen walked down the stairs.

"Er...just finding a way to help Tempest get down the stairs...?" Cadence said

"What...Cadence did you slide down the banister?!"

"...Yes Aunt Tia..."

"Who taught you to do this?" Celestia asked, putting on her Headmistress voice.

"...Auntie Lulu..."

"Luna!!!" Celestia turned and stormed off.

"Are we in trouble?" Laibah asked

"No, don't worry, Celestia and Luna just fight sometimes." Cadence assured her.

"That was still fun!" Laibah said, bouncing.

"What was fun?" Thorax and Ember had appeared.

"We slid down the railing." Spike shrugged

"You what?" Thorax looked up. "Wasn't that dangerous?"

"Not all of them did it." Pharynx replied.

"Did you?"

"...Uh..."

"I thought we're supposed to be setting a good example for the students Pharynx." Thorax said

"Technically, we're on holiday so we're not your students." Spike replied

"...I'll consent to that." Thorax sighed.

They headed into the dining room, where Laibah and Siamen raced forwards, gazing at the table.

"It's so big!" Laibah squealed, as Cadence lifted her up and set her on a chair, Twilight helping Siamen.

The others took their seats as Luna entered, closing the doors behind her.

"Hiding from Tia?" Tempest asked

"I don't care what she says, sliding down the railings is a necessary skill in life. She's just mad because when we used to do it as kids she'd always fall off at the end."

"Aunt Celestia used to do that?" Cadence asked

"Mm-hmm." Luna nodded. "I was going to help her make breakfast but now I think I'll just sit back and watch her struggle."

"Luna, that's not very nice." Thorax protested

"Fine." Luna huffed "But if she kills me it's on you." she glared pointedly at Thorax, before dropping the act, laughing, and turning to leave the room.

After breakfast, Twilight, Shining, Spike, and Cadence had to go.

"We're sorry, but their parents are expecting us." Cadence said as she hugged her aunts.

"It's quite alright Cadence, you kids have fun during the break, alright?" Luna said

"Yes, and stay safe." Celestia added

"We will!" Cadence said, smiling before heading out with her soon to be husband and siblings.

"The rest of you stay safe as well." Celestia said to her friends.

"Of course Tia." Thorax said "Come on Pharynx. Temp, will you be going with us?"

"I would, Thorax, but..."

Tempest looked over at Laibah and Siamen, who were watching a TV show in the living room. Laibah was holding Siamen, the two cuddled up together.

"We can look after them Tempest." Celestia said, smiling softly.

"I would love to have more kids to look after, things aren't the same now that Cadence is older, I've taught her everything."

"Luna!"

"What?"

"Thank you both, but I think they're the most comfortable around me..." Tempest said, as the kids looked over at them.

"Temp, we could always take them to the Shifter kingdom..." Pharynx said

"I think they should stay here." Celestia said "They're malnourished and need to be cared for in a secure place."

"Are you saying my army isn't up to the task?" Pharynx growled

"Pharynx..." Tempest put a hand on his shoulder. "...Can you give me a minute to talk with them?"

"Of course." Luna said, and Tempest walked over.

"Tempest!" Laibah and Siamen said together, and she kneeled down to look them in the eye.

"Hey kids." Tempest smiled "You like it here, huh?"

"It's great!" Laibah said

"What if...you stayed here? For the time being."

"Yay!" Siamen said, and Tempest laughed softly.

"Well, what if...you stayed without me here?"

"We'd miss you!" Laibah protested

"I know you would. But Celestia and Luna will take care of you-and Luna will teach you more stuff like sliding down the banister." Tempest winked.

"Will you come visit?" Siamen asked

"You couldn't keep me away." Tempest assured him, and the two kids rushed to hug her. "Oh, I'm gonna miss you two." Tempest murmured, hugging them.

"Come visit soon?" Siamen asked "All the time?"

"I'll be back during the winter celebration, okay?" Tempest said, then stood up. She waved to them before heading back to the other adults.

"Temp?" Pharynx asked, and Tempest leaned over, kissing him on the cheek. He blushed.

"Okay, let's go." Tempest said, the girls giggling and Thorax smiling knowingly.

Author's Note:

Please don't check my math on Twilight's calculation about the stairs, it's not going to be correct because it's just to provide a reason for the next scene. The next chapter will be a time skip to the first day of the new school semester.

~Melody Song