• Published 11th Nov 2019
  • 1,583 Views, 96 Comments

Princess Preparatory - Melody Song



Human Alternate Universe where Twilight Sparkle and Mane 6 attend a Princess School. They get past obstacles while falling in love with certain boys.

  • ...
15
 96
 1,583

Coronation Day-Part 1

Author's Note:

Another time skip. Sorry, the rest would've just been easily skippable filler chapters, which aren't important to the plot. So we get a time skip. Yay!

~Melody Song

"I can't believe after all this time, Coronation Day is finally here!" Rarity cheered, bouncing down the hallway eagerly.

"What I don't understand is why we're graduating when kids like Scootaloo, Sweetie, and Apple Bloom still have to attend school for another year." Twilight remarked as Rarity entered her, Rainbow, and Applejack's dorm room.

"It's because they're in the younger class darling. They'll get their crowns though, just like us." Rarity explained

"Well, I can't wait to get my real crown." Rainbow said, twirling her practice tiara on her finger. "This one was about to fuse to my head."

"I simply can't wait to meet up with those charming boys again for the coronation." Rarity sighed, falling onto Twilight's bed in a trancelike state.

Applejack rolled her eyes, then stared out the window. Her eyes narrowed.

"Huh, who's that figure flittin' 'round the trees?"

"What?" Twilight went over to the window in concern, looking out. "I don't see anyone-wait, that's-"

Twilight broke off and rushed out of the room. Rarity sat up, looking after her.

"Where is she off to in such a hurry?"

"Eh, beats me." Rainbow shrugged.


Twilight rushed down the hall, Cadence joining her somewhere along the way.

"You saw the car too?" Twilight asked her, panting.

"Yep! I can't wait to see how much the two will have-woah!"

Cadence and Twilight were suddenly knocked into each other from the force of someone much stronger than them rushed by.

"Tempest." they said as one, continuing to run down the hall.

"I guess we aren't the only ones excited to see them." Cadence giggled

"Of... course... not!" Twilight panted as they ran. "Tempest... looked after them!"

"Fair enough!"

They reached the outside of the school just as the limo both had seen coming up the driveway pulled up. Tempest was already there, and rushed over as the door opened. Pharynx got out of the driver's side, Thorax at the passenger's side. Celestia and Luna then got out of the limo, leading two familiar kids.

"Laibah! Siamen!" Tempest rushed over and picked up Laibah, swinging her around.

"Tempest!" both kids hugged her tightly. Cadence and Twilight walked over, smiling.

"It's nice to see those two are looking better, they're clearly not going hungry." Cadence said

"Of course. The castle staff have been making sure of that, they said they're such angles." Luna remarked

"Not that I don't love to see you two, but what are you doing here?" Tempest asked the kids, balancing Laibah on her hip as Pharynx walked up to them. "Same goes for you, Phar."

"Well, since Laibah and Siamen will be growing up in a royal household, we thought it might be proper for them to see what a coronation is like." Celestia said, smiling. "They'll be helping us to pass out the official royal crowns."

"And since we have a limo, Thorax and I offered to get them here in style." Pharynx added, taking Tempest's free hand. She blushed, and Twilight and Cadence shared silent giggles.

"So, are the boys looking forward to the coronation?" Cadence asked once recovering from her stifled laughter.

"Mhm. Shining especially." Thorax told her, smiling.

"Well, we should get these kids inside." Tempest said, setting Laibah down. "Cadence, Twilight, could you give them a tour?"

"Of course! Come on little ones, we'll introduce you to our friends!" Cadence said, smiling kindly at them.

Laibah and Siamen eagerly followed the girls inside. Tempest looked at Luna and Celestia, who shared grins of amusement before joining the girls.

"Hey Thor, why don't you go say hello to Em? She should be on her break by now." Tempest suggested

"Really? Good idea!" Thorax beamed and headed inside. Tempest chuckled, shaking her head.

"He's too easy-" she broke off as she turned around to see Pharynx nose to nose with her. "U-Uh..."

"What? I assume you didn't chase them off for nothing." Pharynx slipped his arm around her waste and kissed her. Tempest closed her eyes and kissed back, smiling.

When the two pulled away, Tempest smiled and hugged him. Pharynx hugged back, chuckling. Neither noticed a shadowy figure peeking out from around the side of the building.

"I missed you Temp."

"Missed you too." Tempest said, smiling. "Can't wait until the coronation dance."

"Me neither." Pharynx ran a hand through her hair, then laughed. "Can't believe you got me excited about dancing."

"We could always sneak out and spar. The kids are almost adults, they don't need too many chaperones." Tempest suggested

"Heh, I'll take you up on that sparring match. And I'll win." Pharynx said, smirking.

"You will not." Tempest shoved him lightly, chuckling. "I better get inside before Laibah and Siamen get too overwhelmed."

"And I better go grab my brother so we can get ready for tonight." Pharynx smiled, holding out his hand. "May I escort you in, my lady?"

"No, but you can walk beside me." Tempest said, grabbing his hand and tugging him into the school.

"Heh, worth a shot." Pharynx chuckled, letting her pull him away.

The shadowy figure disappeared as they entered the building. It made it's way into the forest, where it stopped in front of a larger figure sitting on a makeshift throne. After the two murmured to each other for a bit, the second figure rose, clutching a staff and grinning widely.


Soon, the sun had set, and just as the moon was rising, the coronation began. The leaders of all the kingdoms arrived to watch their children graduate. Celestia, Luna, Thorax, and Pharynx were seated in chairs on a stage. Once everyone had gathered before them, Celestia rose.

"Welcome, everyone, to the joint coronation of Princess Preparatory and Prince and Knight Academy." Celestia said, then paused, waiting for the applause to die down. "Each of the students you see before you have worked and trained hard through this year, and have proven without a doubt they are ready to be crowned."

As the other heads of the schools rose, Laibah and Siamen walked onto the stage. They were carrying a glass case containing a few crowns. More were carried on by Ember and Tempest. Celestia and Thorax removed the first crowns from the cases, and Pharynx and Luna took one each as well.

They began to call up the princesses and princes. Finally, Twilight's friend group was called up. Starlight and Star Tracker, Sunset and Sunburst, Applejack and Big Macintosh, Fluttershy and Discord, Rainbow and her sisters, and so on. Then, Twilight and Spike were called up.

Twilight felt so proud as she curtsied as practiced, and the gold crown set with a purple gem was placed on her head. She looked up to see Spike being crowned with a silver one with emeralds in it. She took her little brother's hand and together they went back to their friends.

Pinkie and Cheese received their crowns last, Cheese getting a smaller crown than his friends due to only being a Royal Assistant.

"And now, for the final crowns of the night." Celestia began, lifting up a crown that seemed to be made completely of crystals with a pink gem in the center. Thorax picked up a similar one, with a dark blue gem in the center. "The crowns of Princess Mi Amore Cadenza and soon to be Prince Shining Armor."

The crowd all fell into silence as the named royals made their way to the stage. However, just as the crowns were about to be set on the bowing girl and boy's heads, there was a strangled gasp from offstage.

"Not so fast."

Everyone turned to see who had spoken, and their eyes widened in shock. A large, burly man with a wild look in his eyes and a crown with jagged black antlers was standing there. Celestia and Thorax, surprised, nearly dropped the crowns. Because being held against the man in an arm chokehold... was Tempest. And the man had a dagger against her throat.

"If you want your precious friend to live, then no one's getting crowned." the man said, laughing loudly.

"Who are you?!" Pharynx asked, hand reaching for the sword at his waist.

"Oh, that's right, I nearly forgot. Hello to all, from your new emperor, King Storm!"