• Published 11th Nov 2019
  • 1,583 Views, 96 Comments

Princess Preparatory - Melody Song



Human Alternate Universe where Twilight Sparkle and Mane 6 attend a Princess School. They get past obstacles while falling in love with certain boys.

  • ...
15
 96
 1,583

Escape

Author's Note:

This chapter's a bit long, but I promise it's worth it.

~Melody Song

"You want to what?!"

"You already said that my dear Commander." King Storm said

"I just...you want to..."

"To take over the surrounding Kingdoms, yes Tempest, I already said that."

"My apologies your highness, only...are you sure it's right? The other Kingdoms are peaceful with us and there's no need to create such chaos and distrust."

"But that's what I live for Tempest!" King Storm said.

"But your majesty-"

"And besides Tempest," King Storm leaned closer to her from his throne, "Surely you're aware of the fact the Shadow Land is hardly the most modern Kingdom? We need the resources they can supply and all your little 'undercover scouting missions' have done nothing to improve it."

Tempest looked away, arms stiff at her sides.

"...In fact, I'm beginning to question whether that was even your true intent of these little missions. But a worry for another day. You see the poverty around you, don't you?"

"...Yes, your highness."

"I need the power of these Kingdoms to provide for my people."

"Yeah, right. Like we both don't know whatever's in those Kingdoms is just going right to you, and your soldiers." Tempest thought, then stood up and cleared her throat.

"Of course your majesty. Only I fail to see how channeling the magic of these kingdoms into the Staff of Sanacas would help."

"Tempest, that was in step seventeen-A of my plan! Without their magic, the rest of the nearby Kingdoms will be forced to bow to me!" King Storm rose and let out a stream of maniacal laughter.

"And, those Kingdoms you wish to target specifically..." Tempest glanced to the map King Storm had showed her.

"Yes, please recite them Tempest, it's about time for your mission report anyway."

Tempest took a breath to steady her fast-beating heart.

"...Alicornia, home of Celestia and Luna, a Princess diarchy led Kingdom that encompasses much of the land, including the town of Canterlot and the Princess Academy you sent me to. It also temporarily includes the Crystal Empire until it's rightful heir-her majesty Princess Cadence-can ascend to the throne. Second is the Shifter Kingdom, which is ruled by a monarchy under King Thorax and his elder brother, Prince-General Pharynx. It has no towns, instead only one city surrounding the castle, like our own, but outside it's territory lies the Prince and Knight Academy that is the brother school to the Princess one. Last is Dragonia, a land ruled under a Lordess, Ember, and contains a series of small settlements."

"Indeed, and where are they on the map?"

"Dragonia lies to the east, Alicornia is large and encompasses the north and west areas, while the Shifter Kingdom takes up the south."

"Correct. Now, about your...scout missions."

"Yes?"

"Now that I have all the information I won't need you to continue them."

"...You...won't?"

"Of course not, you've done your duty. Besides, I need you here to keep an eye on Grubber."

"So, I'm..."

"Yes, dismissed." King Storm turned to observe his plan. Tempest turned and headed for the door. "Oh, and Tempest?"

"Yes your majesty?"

King Storm turned back to her. "You weren't getting...attached to those pesky leaders we're going to overthrow, were you?"

"N-no your highness, of course not." Tempest replied

"...Good."


"I don't know why I let you talk me into this..." Thorax moaned.

He was clutching Ember tightly against him, hiding his head in her hair. Ember herself was also burrowed into him, arms around his waist, but was watching the screen in awe. Pharynx was curled up by their side, pressed against his brother and resting with his head on Thorax's shoulder. The group had turned off the lights, so now it was extra scary.

"Pass me the popcorn Lulu." Pharynx said, extending a hand.

Luna passed him the bowl from her spot on the couch, curled up with Celestia. Her older sister was holding her against her, eyes wide.

"That can't actually happen, can it?" Celestia asked

"Of course it could!" Luna cried, staring eagerly at the screen.

"B-but it's almost o-over, r-right?" Thorax asked, trembling.

"Shh, they're about to perform the exorcism." Ember hushed him, tightening her grip on his waist.

The group watched silently as Ed crouched over Carolyn, ready to preform the ritual. Just as he was rounded on, they heard a door open with a bang. Thorax, Luna, and Celestia screamed, while Ember and Pharynx jumped and gripped onto Thorax.

"Um...are we interrupting something?"

The group of adults turned to see Cadence standing with a key in her hands, Twilight Sparkle, Shining Armor, and Spike standing behind her.

"Cadence!" Celestia leapt up and turned, as Thorax pried Ember and Pharynx off him, reaching for the light switch.

"What are you doing...?" Twilight trailed off as she saw the screen, and clapped a hand over Spike's eyes. "He's not allowed to watch horror movies!"

"H-here..." Thorax, still trembling, grabbed for the remote and turned it off. He then rounded on his friends. "I told you we shouldn't have watched that!"

"Aw, come on, you're just a big scaredy-cat."

"Says the one who was gripping me so tight I think I have marks on my arm." Thorax said

"Th-that was Ember!"

"No it wasn't!" Ember defended, then crossed her arms and looked away. "...I was holding onto his waist." she muttered

"I hope you weren't waiting for us." Celestia apologized

"No, we just got here. I was going to show them around now." Cadence said

"I'll join you." Luna said, smiling as she walked forwards.

"The rest of us will get some snacks for you and meet in the dining room when you've finished." Celestia added, smiling warmly. "Come on you three."

"Right behind you Tia." Thorax said, following her, Pharynx and Ember fast behind.

"Wait...where's Tempest?" Cadence asked

"She had urgent business to take care of in the Shadow Lands, she is the leader of their army, after all. She must follow any orders given by her ruler." Luna explained "Now come, I think you'll like this place..."


"I can't believe him!" Tempest spat under her breath as she walked through the castle after stopping by her room.

Tempest was livid that King Storm was doing this so he could have more land! Honestly, he was going to harm more of his subjects than he ever would bother helping them. If he sent them into battle...even without the magic the Kingdoms possessed-whether they knew it or not-knowing Pharynx and Ember, there would definitely be losses. However, she composed herself before reaching the guards to the kitchen. With a nod and salute, she walked through. They completely disregarded the satchel she wore, and she passed without a second glance.

Tempest had not forgotten her promise to Laibah and Siamen, despite all that had occurred since then. She walked casually by where the chefs were preparing ingredients. She reached a hand and slipped a carrot out of a stack of them, followed by two apples. Placing them in her satchel, Tempest whisked a few muffins off a plate, pretending to take a bite of one. At least one of the benefits of being close to the King was the chefs wouldn't stop her from eating whatever she liked when she liked.

"Commander Tempest, we do need those..." one chef said

"Sorry, but the King ordered me to check these." Tempest replied shortly, knowing she'd have to make her leave soon. She couldn't take too much in one go or else they'd ask the King to confirm her claims.

"But...the King ordered our new recruit to do that not thirty minutes ago, we heard from Grubber." one chef said

"He must have been worried something would slip past them." Tempest lied easily, turning to leave.

"Not so fast...guards!" one of the chefs called, and Tempest sped up. "Commander Tempest, stop! Gaurds! She's taking our food!"

Tempest broke into a run and made it out of the castle. Unfortunately, her running alerted the other guards. Tempest saw a white-pink glint of hair and ran for it. Before she could reach it, something whizzed past her arm. Tempest winced as blood trickled out of the new wound, an arrow on the ground showing what had happened.

"Tempest?" Grubber wandered up, half a cake in his hands.

"Grubber! Get out of here, it isn't safe!" Tempest shouted at him, as another arrow flashed by.

Tempest barged through the bushes, seeing Laibah and Siamen crouching behind it.

"Tempest?" Laibah asked, holding Siamen.

Tempest ignored them, not even fully hearing Laibah, and continued to run. A spear scraped her leg and she stumbled, leg buckling. She pulled herself up again and continued running, staggering on occasion.

"Lai, what do we do?"

"...Come on Sia!" she pulled him up and ran after Tempest, ducking behind trees and bushes to stay hidden-they technically shouldn't be on the grounds.

They followed Tempest slowly, watching her run past the castle gates. Laibah dragged Siamen after her, and they ducked into an alley. Laibah and Siamen knew the streets as well as Tempest knew the palace.

"We've got to help her." Siamen told his sister, who nodded and ran along, peeking at Tempest.

"Got an idea!" Laibah announced, taking her brother's hand again. "Come on!"


Tempest ran, blood still coming from the wound in her arm and the injury to her leg making it hard to run. She looked back to see the guards still chasing her. King Storm must have heard by now.

"Commander!" Tempest turned and saw Laibah standing in an alley, pointing at something. When Tempest glanced that way she grinned.

Siamen was standing among barrels, and had his hands on one in the back. Tempest raced past the alley and stopped, turning.

"Tell King Storm I refuse to fight my friends!" Tempest yelled to them, as Siamen pushed the barrel, causing a domino affect that sent the barrels crashing onto the street. Better, it seemed they had been filled with tar, and the guards that didn't stop ended up getting stuck.

"For once the gangs that tar and feather us come in handy." Laibah remarked, rushing to Tempest and taking her hand as Siamen joined them. "We're sorry if this is 'cause of us."

"No, it's not...I needed to leave." Tempest wiped a brow, sighing. "I need to go, before they find me."

"We know the alleys, better than you. We can take you to the gates." Laibah suggested. "But we're coming with you."

"I can't let you do that." Tempest argued.

"Why not? There's nothing left for us here." Siamen said

"We're better off with you. You feed us." Laibah wrapped her arms around Tempest's waist, and the woman smiled at them, gaze full of understanding.

"Then let's go...I guess." Tempest reached and lifted Siamen, holding him against her waist and taking Laibah's hand. "Where's the gates?"

Laibah led her the rest of the way, and when they left, Tempest left the gates wide open to show she'd left.

"Where are we going anyway?" Siamen asked

"Alicornia."