• Published 28th Oct 2019
  • 865 Views, 3 Comments

Do Not Be Awed, For I Fear I May Have Killed A God. - TehUltimmareFreakRobot



Princess Luna decides to go to Zecora for a potion.

  • ...
2
 3
 865

Potion Madness

Princess Luna frowned as she examined herself in Celestia’s huge bathroom mirror one foggy morning. An incident had caused her bedroom to explode(she blamed clogged pipes), so she had to move in with her sister until her room was no longer a wasteland. “Is it just me, or is my mane less shiny as of late?” she said out loud with confusion.

“Your mane is dazzling as usual, Luna.” Celestia complimented, cleaning up a few things in her room as she heard her sister talk in the nearby bathroom.

The blue furred alicorn frowned deeply. “I thank you for the kind words, but it IS lackluster. I’ve also noticed that I usually have 10 more stars in my mane then I have right now.” She frowned even more. As a princess, Luna always took it to heart to make sure she looked presentable to the masses, and this would not simply do!

Celestia walked into the bathroom, giving her sister a reassuring smile. “I still think you look fine. You don’t have to worry so much about what ponies might say, I’m sure they won’t notice.” She put her hoof on the dark mare’s shoulder.

“It’s not about that!” Luna growled. “I just want to make sure I am fine with what I look like. I’ve heard that there is a Zebra named Zecora that lives in the Everfree that makes potions and brews, she could perhaps make something for my problem.” Having used the bathroom for her intended purposes, Luna stepped out to put on her royal regalia. “Have you considered a color change, dearest sister?”

“Me? Nope.” Celestia waved her hoof. “I think I’m fine with the streaks I have now.”

“Very well.” Luna put on her shoes and yawned loudly before opening the door. “Mind if I borrow Swirling Suns for my escort? Metal Gear’s shift is at night and I don’t wish to wake him up.” She shivered at the thought of her personal guard yelling at her. He was one of the only beings in Equestria that she was afraid of.

Celestia nodded. “That’s understandable.” Gritting her teeth upon recalling Metal’s...behavior, she shrugged it off and trotted towards her bed while levitating the regalia off. “Have fun with your makeover!”

Luna rolled her eyes warmly before walking out the bedroom. “Swirling Suns!” she bellowed. It was still rather early, so most guards were still rubbing the boogers out of the eyes, but Swirling Suns always arrived 1 hour earlier than needed, so Luna trusted the guard she was looking for was nearby.

Swirling trotted up to Luna, probably a bit too surprisingly. “Yes, Princess Luna?” They asked, sternly.

“You shall be escorting me to Zecora’s hut in the Everfree Forest, can you handle that task?” Luna asked sternly.

“Absolutely, your highness.” Swirling saluted, stepping towards her side.

“Good.” Luna let out a hint of a smile. “Have you had breakfast yet?” Celestia insisted on them asking that every time since some guards didn’t get the chance to eat and that could hinder their ability to get their tasks done properly.

“Yes, not too long ago.” Swirling answered.

Nodding, Luna proceeded to walk out of Canterlot and into the Everfree. It went rather stemless save for the one Timberwolf that almost ate Luna’s head for Lunch.

“What’s wrong?” Luna had tensed up when Swirling suddenly stopped.

Flickering their ear, Swirling took notice of noises up ahead. “I hear some activity.”

Luna had gone silent and tried to figure out the source of the noises.

“It sounds like… WOLF!”

The alicorn barely had time to finish before the huge beast slammed right into her, sending her barrling to the floor. The wolf snarled and it raised a claw, ready to deal the killing blow. With a sweeping kick, Swirling managed to distract the wolf, flying around him. They waved their hoof as a means of giving Luna a good signal to attack.

Luna nodded and quickly blasted the wolf with her magic, causing it to collapse in a pile of wood. “Thank you. You saved my life.” She got back up on her feet and dusted herself off.

Swirling bowed. “Anything to protect you, your highness.” They replied.

With that, the two mares walked on without any other problems. Once they reached Zecora’s hut, Luna gave Swirling Suns the order to watch the door before walking inside, leaving the pegasus alone with a squirrel who was staring at them with an unpleasant expression.

“ . . . “ The squirrel sneered before throwing a half chewed acorn at the royal guard.

“Hey!” Swirling shouted, pouting at the little animal. “What was that for?”

The squirrel shrugged before throwing another object, this time it was a rock.

Flying in the air, Swirling chased after the critter. “You get back here!”

Before the squirrel could get snatched into the angry pony’s mouth, Luna stormed out crossly with the potion in her magic, having heard the ruckus. “What is going on here?!” she demanded.

“Uhh…” Swirling quickly forgot about the squirrel, letting it scurry off. They put their hooves behind them, awkwardly smiling. “...Nothing, your highness?”

Luna raised an eyebrow, but then forgive Swirling, as they were hardworking and dedicated. “I shall not question it, then. Let’s get back to Canterlot, shall we? The bugs are biting.” She swatted a mosquito with irritation.

Going to a more proper position, Swirling saluted. “Yes, we shall, your highness.”

Once the two had returned to Canterlot, Luna dismissed Swirling Suns and entered her sister’s court to take her place besides Celestia’s throne. She glared at the raised eyebrows of the diplomats.

“What? 1,000 years is a long time to miss out on politics, and I shall only be observing, not talking!” she snapped.

“In a more calm matter, she is just simply listening onto the topic at hand.” Celestia qualmed the crowd. “No need to get mad at her.” If one could look deeper, though, there’d be flames in the white mare’s eyes.

A familiar brown earth pony gulped and hid in his seat. “Yes, your highness.”

Luna huffed and popped off the seal of the tiny bottle, drinking the contents as the conversation continued. It was going smoothly in the court, and besides her entrance, the deals were going smoothly and happily.

“So, does 340,000 bits sound good to you?” Chewy Taffy inquired, tilting her head.

“Yes, that’ll be perfectly fine.” Celestia answered, gently nodding her head.

“Great, now we can-” Taffy suddenly cut off her words when she took notice of Luna. As she screamed in fear and ran off from the court, Luna’s loud hiccup soon echoed.

“That potion did not taste appealing…” She wiped her mouth and scowled at the now scared quiet Solar Court. “What is it NOW?”

There were fearful chatters in an attempt to not suffer from her wrath, but Celestia quieted everypony with a stomp. “Not much, Luna. Just wondering why you left like that. Are you alright?” She asked, concerned.

“I suddenly got a surge of fear, but it is ok now.” As Taffy started stammering and pointing her hoof, Luna suddenly seemed confused.

“Why does the court suddenly seem… smaller…?” Luna’s voice distorted and became more high pitched, almost sounding like... HER.

Celestia’s ears pinned down and her pupils dilated, recognizing that sound and sight. “No….”

Luna groaned and she grew taller to the point where she would have an inch on Celestia, her eyes became slits and her mane changed to look like crushed stars. Midnight blue fur turned almost jet black. Teeth sharpened, looking like dragon fangs. Her regalia changed to blue battle armor and her head was now covered by a helmet. Once it was over, there was now an utterly confused Nightmare Moon standing in a court of horrified ponies.

“Is something wrong, my subjects?” she rubbed her snout. “Ow… I ache all over….”

The entire crowd screamed in terror, immediately running out of the room. Ponies were scurrying out left and right-some bumping into each other just because of the extreme rush. The podiums were cleared in mere seconds.

Nightmare Moon blinked as the Solar Court was suddenly empty save for Celestia, who was still on her throne. “What was that all about?” she wondered.

“L...look into a mirror.” Celestia trembled out, too shocked to properly say anything.

“Ok then..?” Nightmare Moon walked out of the court. An EXTREMELY high pitched scream soon followed, then utter silence, then the sound of soft crying. The crying snapped the eldest sister out of her shock, immediately heading towards the noise’s source.

Nightmare Moon was sobbing on the floor in front of the huge mirror wall, the entire area was empty due to everypony(even the guards), fleeing in terror. Long black legs covered a tearful face.

“How… how… how am I ever going to escape my sins ...?” Nightmare cried in anguish.

Celestia quickly wrapped her wings around her sister, heart panging. She whispered soothing words to her with a hushy tone. “Oh, Luna…”

Nightmare Moon slammed her hoof into the mirror, shattering it. “How did this even happen?!” she stared at the broken expression in the glass as if she couldn’t believe it was now her. “I thought.. I-I… Sniff.. Bought a mane potion..”

“Potion?” Celestia repeated, her ears flickering up in thought.

“Yes, a potion from Zecora.” Nightmare Moon wiped away her tears and nestled closer to her older sister, not caring about her pride since everypony ran away.

“Do you think that might’ve been it?” Celestia gently asked, rubbing her sister’s shoulder.

Nightmare Moon blinked at Celestia, her slitted eyes now widened to their max. “M-maybe she used the wrong ingredient…” the night mare muttered as she accepted the shoulder rubs. “Mistakes happen…”

Celestia hummed. “I think so too.”

“This is awful… Everypony is now scared of me once more…” Nightmare Moon covered her face as a new round of sobs racked her body, even worse than before. Her wails shattered more mirrors and windows due to how high pitched they were. The repair crew now probably needed overtime.

“I’m sure we can find a way to mend this!” Celestia comforted, nuzzling her sister a little. “Perhaps we should go back to Zecora for a cure?” She suggested.

“But how?!” Nightmare heaved. “E-everypony is going to run away from me!” she ended in misery.

“Uhm…” Celestia tapped her hoof, scrambling for ideas. “...a cloak?”

Nightmare Moon whimpered. “Good enough.”

-----

“Did you hear Nightmare Moon is back?!” Said mare flattened her ears under her cloak as she and Celestia took a relaxing coffee back to calm themselves down. It was now known all over Canterlot, and rumors were flying like birds.

“I haven’t!” The other mare shrieked out. “How is the sun still up?” She wondered, voice slightly shaky.

“I haven’t got a clue. Maybe she’s still weakened from the elements?” the other mare gasped. “Maybe she’s plotting as we speak!”

“Ooohh dear…” She slowly shrunk down into her chair. “I hope Twilight and her friends will put a stop to her once more?”

Celestia never tried so hard to not defensively scream so loudly before in her life.

“I hate myself.” Nightmare sipped her coffee as her telekinetic hold wavered. “I hate myself more than when I was trapped on the moon.”

“Sister…” Celestia quietly comforted. “You’re still yourself.”

Nightmare Moon almost slammed down her coffee as self loathing fury burned at her soul. “How?! I don’t look like Luna, and I don’t sound like Luna..” she hung her head, tiny tears dripping into the brown liquid she was drinking. “I’m a monster again.”

“But have you done anything monstrous?’ Celestia asked.

Nightmare Moon sighed. “I guess not.” She drank more of her coffee, though it now had a bitter tang to it.

Closing her eyes, sighing. “Then you’re not.”

Nightmare Moon finished her coffee and paid the waiter the amount of bits. “We might as well leave-”

“Nightmare Moon is scum, let me tell you, girl. Idk why Celestia didn’t just kill her on the spot.”

Nightmare simply trembled and fled to the 1 mare bathroom, almost slamming the door shut.

Celestia worriedly watched as she saw her flee, sighing once more. “I hope we can fix this soon…”

``````

Zecora was brewing up some more unknown substances when she heard a knock on her door. “Come in!” She didn’t even look as she continued working, too concentrated on her task. “The door will not be locked until night falls once more.”

Nightmare Moon did not want to enter the hut at all. Not happening. “You are going to have to make me go in there, Sister!” she snarled.

Celestia sighed and held onto her shoulder. “Okay, fine. I’ll talk to Zecora about this, if you don’t want to go in.” And with that, she slowly entered through the door, making sure she doesn’t break anything due to her height.

Zecora looked up from her brew in surprise. “Oh, what brings you to this side of Equestria, Princess Celestia?” She inquired with a smile.

“I think you uhm-” Celestia looked behind her, giving her distraught sister a concerned look outside. “-got the wrong potion for my sister.”

“What do you mean? If I am to tell if a potion I made was wrong, the pony that drank it I must see.” Zecora narrowed her eyes.

“Thing is…” Celestia put her hoof to her chin. “She doesn’t want you to see. She got turned into Nightmare Moon.” She explained.

Zecora frowned, then her eyes widened. “If you are saying what you truly want to say, then I used the wrong flower in my potion today.” She started nosing around her supplies and gasped as she pulled out some dark blue plants.

“The misfortune flower! Once ingested, it will remind the pony of a deed that is sour.”

Walking towards her, Celestia asked to make sure of things. “So, it brings out the darkest parts of a pony? Reminding them of past sins?”

“Indeed. In every mirror and look, that’s all they’ll see.” Zecora confirmed. “Now, I am sure that you came here looking for a cure, that’ll be done by 2 days, 48 hours?”

Celestia grit her teeth. “Not sure how she’ll handle that. She’s been gregarious upset this whole day.”

“I can see why,” Zecora shook her head sadly. “But there is nothing I can do, rushing the cure will only have bad results for you.”

Taking a deep breath to calm herself, Celestia nodded. “Understandable. I just hope I can find a way to help out Luna.”

Zecora nodded and started working on the cure, grabbing all sorts of unknown plants and matter. Nightmare Moon could be heard growling outside and sometimes sniffling, clearly still upset at her situation.

Celestia walked outside the hut, forcing a smile towards her sister. “Well, uhm, there’s some good news! And bad news.” She rubbed her hoof.

“What is it?!” Nightmare let a squirrel go that was being held by its tail. It chattered in discontent as the alicorn stood to look down slightly at Celestia. “Bad news first, then get on with the good news.” She stomped inpatentily.

Celestia blinked upon noticing the squirrel, but she shook her head and continued. “The potion cure will take 48 hours to finish.”

Nightmare Moon blinked. “ . . . What.” She could feel the air sucked out of her lungs as the world started crashing around her. “N-no…”

Noticing the lack of heaving in her sister’s chest, she quickly wrapped her in a hug and took slow, deep breaths; in and out.

“Ha… Ha…” Nightmare attempted to breath, but every attempt burned. “N-no…!” she finally screamed. “I can’t be stuck like this!” Dark blue fog started racing around the two sisters, low and choking out the air around them.

“Lu-” Celestia attempted to say, but the lack of air was cutting off her attempts. She held close to her even more tightly. “L-una-p-lea-please-ca-alm-” She choked out.

“I… I…” Nightmare Moon soon realized that she was killing her sister and got rid of the fog, horrified. “Oh Faust above, I am so sorry, Tia!” she exclaimed, quicky using her healing spells to heal Celestia’s now slightly damaged brain due to the lack of air.

Celestia inhaled air as heavy as possible, her chest rising up to her chin and her pupils shrunk in the process. This all settled down as soon as she breathed out, and went back to holding her sister. “It’s alright, Luna. I’m ok.”

Nightmare Moon took deep breaths as she rested her hooves on Celestia’s chest. “I am sorry I snapped. It’s just… How in the name of Equestria are we going to tell our subjects?” She pointed to her demented apperance. “They think that I am going to try and attempt to overthrow you again.”

“I’ll try to tell them what happened.” Celestia said, clenching her teeth a few moments after. “Assuming they won’t panic the second I say something about the topic at hoof.”

Nightmare Moon sighed. “By the way, don’t call me Luna right now. It’s quite clear that I have taken the form of Nightmare Moon, and I fear that you calling me that is making me… angry for some reason.” she grimaced.

Tensing a little, Celestia complied for her sister’s sake. “Alright then, Nightmare Moon.”

“Shall we get this over with?” Nightmare Moon growled, not looking forward to the shitshow that was no doubt about to happen.

“Yes, lets.” And with that, Celestia flew off back to Canterlot, slowly enough for her sister to follow.

------

It was a giant shitshow. But who could be surprised, knowing how cowardly the masses could be sometimes?

“What do you mean Nightmare Moon is back, Princess Celestia?!” A mare cried out in the fearful crowds.

“My sister consumed the wrong potion, turning her into Nightmare Moon by complete accident. She is not here to harm us.” Celestia sternly explained.

“How can you prove it?!” Nopony could tell the gender of the new pony’s voice. “Just put her down so she can’t put Equestria at danger anymore!”

“She hasn’t done a single thing to threaten Equestria.” Celestia answered, plainly. Already, she was done with this.

“Put her down! Put her down!” The crowd chanted. Nightmare Moon slowly ducked behind the throne until all you could see was her tail. She wanted to go deaf so the screams could not pass her eardrums. The screams that wanted her to die.

Quietly huffing, Celestia ended the meeting. “I’ll handle this privately.”

Celestia’s main newspony tried to make it seem like he cared about the fact that he spread false rumors about Nightmare Moon. “It’s not my fault I simply told the masses the facts, your highness!” he whined. He had never liked Princess Luna, so of course he would be the one to spread all the juicy gossip whenever possible.

“You should’ve waited till I said something.” Celestia facehoofed, quietly groaning.

He snorted. “Oh please, Princess, I was doing you a favor. Just look, the coward is hiding behind your throne!”

Nightmare Moon flew from the throne like a demon from Tartarus and snarled in almost animalistic fury. “I am no coward!”

The smaller unicorn hissed, arching his back. “Then why didn’t you tell us about yourself, you piece of nothing-”

“That’s enough!” Celestia came between the two, stomping her hoof. She angrily looked at the unicorn.

“Your highness!” he exclaimed. “You surely aren’t defending that monster?”

And that’s when Nightmare Moon finally snapped. With a bellow, she tackled the unicorn, sending him flying down the steps and onto the floor. She held one hoof to his throat, restricting but not cutting off his windpipe, while the other was planted firmly on the floor next to the now gasping stallion.

“What. Did. You. Call. Me?” Nightmare Moon whispered. “I can and will show you a true monster if that’s what you want.”

The unicorn could only let out a strangled cry for help as he stared up in utter terror at the alicorn looming above him.

“Lu-Nightmare!” Celestia called, trying to move her away from him. “Please stop this instant! There’s a better way we can discuss this!”

A gaze of pure bloodthirst gazed up at Celestia, if only for a moment. It soon vanished and she reluctantly let go of the unicorn, guilt shining her gaze. He gasped and started rubbing his throat, tears pricking his eyes.

“T-thank you for sparing me…” he cried.

Celestia went over to hug him. Even though she couldn’t stand him, she didn’t want to leave him there scarred for life.

Nightmare Moon glowered in self hate while the unicorn cried and cried and apologized profusely. “I’m sorry!”

“Nightmare, it’s ok.” Celestia quietly comforted. “I think it's best to go to your room for now.”

“My destroyed room? Thank you for the kind thoughts, SISTER.” Nightmare spat bitterly. “I shall be heading to YOUR room. Goodbye.” She stormed out without another word.

Celestia’s ears flattened. The chaoticness of today caused that fact to slip out of her mind...ouch.
------------

Nightmare Moon entered the room, shivering. The events that had happened over the course of the day was causing her brain to throb. First it was her bedroom exploding, then getting turned into this…. Demon, then finding out that she was the most hated princess(which did not help her already low self esteem), having ponies run away from her, and now she assaulted a hapless unicorn.

She now had the sudden urge to take a bath. A long warm bath.

“Gods and Faust above….” Nightmare Moon swore as she started removing her shoes. “I have a headache like never before.”

Celestia slowly opened the room, hearing Nightmare’s voice. She thought it was for the best to not speak to her, not until later. It was best to let her calm down. For now, she would also have a moment of peace, reading a nature related book on her bed. Nightmare glared at Celestia as she removed her chest armor, leaving only the helmet. A deep shuddery breath left her before she finally smothered the angry flames in her gut.

“You have the go head to speak, my sister.” she grumbled, smoothing out her ruffled chest fur. “I am no longer angry at you.”

Celestia’s head lowered a little bit more, almost fumbling with the page turn. “I’m sorry still, Nightmare.”

Nightmare sighed as she threw down her helmet, finally becoming bare of her regalia. “It’s fine really, an honest mistake.” She ran a hoof through her mane on impulse. “Wait… the Nightmare has a forelock?” she said, confuzzled.

“Supposedly.” Celestia commented.

“Odd…” Mumbling to herself, Nightmare opened the bathroom door and turned on the water. “I believe a bath will help soothe my awful headache.”

She pulled out the oils and soaps and started squirting, a soothing smell filling the air. The haunting mare grabbed some towels and wandered to Celestia’s bed with a blush tainting her face, though it could barely be noticed due to the dark fur.

“Mind… joining me…? I know we are not filles anymore, but this entire day has been one massive train wreck after another and I just-” Nightmare bit her lip. “You don’t have to.”

Celestia closed her book, and gently smiled back at her. “Of course, if it makes you feel better.” She reassured, softly.

Nightmare Moon gave Celestia a relieved look and headed back to the bathroom. “The bath is ready for when you feel like joining me!” She called as she slid into the water. It warmed her up and already she felt much better.

Celestia proceeded to take her regalia off, trotting over to the bath. She slowly slid into the water near her sister, letting out a calming sigh. The stresses of today were starting to fade, well, at least for now.

Nightmare started scrubbing herself with soap. “Today has been.. Interesting as of so far.” The alicorn said darkly. “I remember when you used the Royal Canterlot Voice and shattered every piece of glass and eardrum in the palace.”

Celestia forced a laugh. “Haha, well,” She said, as she took a bit of bottled soap and poured it on her hoof. “That’s what happens when you go through months of repressed anger.” Her smile was forced, and her tone was passive aggressive.

“Months?” Nightmare’s eyes widened in shock as she made herself frothy with soap bubbles. “Have you been mentally ok, dear sister?” Slitted eyes narrowed in concern.

Washing herself off, Celestia chuckled a little. “Yes, I’m fine.”

Nightmare Moon splashed closer. “You may have to pretend everything’s fine with our subjects-” She booped her elder sister’s nose with a smile, bubbles dripping down her head making her look like a young filly. ”But you don’t have to do it with me.”

Giggling, Celestia genuinely smiled a little and reapplied more soap onto her. “I mainly do it for your own safety.”

“Really?” Nightmare inquired. “Why? I can handle those warring souls myself.”

“After years of us being separated, I feel the need to protect you from the emotional harm you faced.” Celestia explained, swirling a bit of water around.

Nightmare pressed her head against Celestia’s neck, nuzzling her. “Oh sister, we both suffered from the separation, I feel the need to sometimes smother you with myself to make up for being trapped on the moon.”

Celestia hummed, nuzzling her back. “I suppose we’re on similar pages, huh?”

Nightmare pulled away. “Indeed. Going back to before on the Royal Canterlot Voice, how on Equestria did you reach those volumes?!” she gaped. “I have never felt so scared in my life.”

“I have no idea, to be honest. I must have been really, reeaaally pissed off.” Celestia pondered, rubbing her neck.

“Thou dare to say such bullshit on such a sensitive matter!” Nightmare Moon mimicked the outburst by splashing Celestia with the water. “If this was over 1,400 years ago, thy head shall have been cut off for such a statement!”

Celestia used her wings to block the water, but laughed along. “Lu-N-Nightmare!” She giggled out.

Nightmare splashed some more laughing merrily, her voice cracking multiple times. “I shall not stop!”

“I-I-won’t e-either then!” Celestia managed to say, splashing towards Nightmare as well.

“This means war!”

20 minutes later, the bathroom was soaked with water.

“M-maybe we went too far.” Nightmare giggled as she curled in Celestia’s grip. “The janitor is going to throw a fit once he sees this mess.”

With a few remaining laughs, Celestia agreed. “I think so too.”

“Thank you for being here with me.” Nightmare choked up. “I love you so much.” Gray hoofs stroked white cheeks.

Celestia hugged her closely. “I love you too.”

A sudden sadness filled the younger sister. “Does it make you feel sad that I look like this?” Nightmare asked wearily. “I look like the Nightmare that almost doomed Equestria to eternal night and cold…”

“It shocked me at first.”

“Of course it did. I saw the way your eyes shrunk like pins.”

“I’m not as affected as I was before, I believe.”

“I thought you were going to honestly pass out for some moments there. Can you imagine if that had happened?”

“More mass panic.” Eyeroll.

“Even more then when you screamed at everypony?” Smirk.

“Possibly.” Celestia winked.

Nightmare rolled her eyes before climbing out of the tub, shivering on contact with the cold air. “That was quite enjoyable.” A yawn ripped from her mouth as she used the towels to dry herself off. “But I think a nap is order, don’t you think?”

“Indeed.” Celestia agreed. She joined in with drying herself off, including her long and ethereal mane.

“I remember when I got my waving mane some months back.” Nightmare Moon sighed as she remembered that happy yet not happy night.

(QUE FLASHBACK)

Luna paced around the garden in front of the Royal Palace. “Big sister, I still don’t know why I feel all itchy!” she whined, pastel blue mane sticky with sweat.

“It looks like your mane is melting!” Celestia screeched, putting her hooves to her head in panic.

“I also feel like I’m growing… OW!” Luna shuddered as she felt the world get slightly smaller, her mane felt like it was on fire. “Make it stop!” Her hooves clutched her head in pain.

Celestia immediately went over to hold her, whimpering in concern.

A groan tore through Luna as she felt the pain suddenly go away. “Mpghhh…” She moaned, getting on all 4 legs. “What was that all about?!” She stomped her hoof in fury. “That hurt more than when I tried to use magic soon after I got cleansed from the Nightmare!”

“Uhm...Luna…” Celestia trailed off. She looked at her sister in shock.

“What? And why do you seem a bit shorter than before?” Luna narrowed her eyes, mane flowing in not seen wind unknown to the alicorn.

“Look at your mane.” Celestia slowly pointed towards it.

Luna looked at her reflection and gasped. “T-tia….! I look…. Grown up!” she squealed. “And my mane is moving like yours!” She pranced around as joy filled her being.

“Holy crap.” Celestia thought. How was her process less painful looking? Eh, whatever. She joined alongside her sister’s joy seconds after shaking her head and laughing.

“Tia!” Luna tackled Celestia giggling. It was way easier now that she was bigger. They rolled around in the grass wrestling.

“H-hey! I wasn’t r-ready!” Celestia cackled out, playfully climbing over her as they rolled.

“Too bad; you’re bigger so you already have an advantage!” Luna proclaimed, but then she spluttered as she was pinned down. ‘H-hey, what gives?!”

“Pinned ya.” Celestia giggled and winked.

(END FLASHBACK)

“ . . And then you tickled me until I lost my voice.” Nightmare deadpanned. “I sounded like a dying animal for 4 days afterward.”

“Oops!” Celestia joked, putting her hoof to her mouth.

“I hate you Tia.” Nightmare huffed as she padded over to the elder mare’s bed. “You are insufferable!” A pillow flew from the bed and into Celestia’s mouth, knocking her hoof out of location because of the speed and angle. Nightmare Moon froze in fear on the bed.

“I dislocated your hoof, didn’t I?” Nightmare chuckled nervously.

“It’ll heal soon!” Celestia squeaked out, removing the pillow.

“Are you sure you don’t want me to use my magic?” Nightmare insisted, dashing back over to the bathroom to check out the now dangling hoof.

“...Well if it gets rid of the pain sooner.” Celestia tensed up, the pain in her hoof shocking through it terribly.

“Take a deep breath.” Nightmare Moon ordered, and she quickly snapped the hoof back. It failed to relocate. “Shit, I’ll have to try again.”

Wincing harder, Celestia hissed through her teeth in pain.

“How about THIS?!” With bravado and brute force, the hoof relocated back into position. “Done.” Nightmare sighed in relief as she let Celestia’s leg go, her magic fading away as it repaired the last damaged bits of hoof.

Celestia made a weird noise in response-that was probably a lot more painful than it should have been-but sighed in relief. “Thank you.” She huffed out.

Nightmare gave her a welcome in response and clambered back to the bed. Celestia’s resting quarter was soft and fluffy, and the mattress was even more so. She sank into it like a rock and she now looked like a lump of black fur.

“I’m stuck….” The furball realized. “This is lucrious….”

Celestia covered her mouth and giggled upon seeing the sight. “Oh my goodness..”

Nightmare Moon flailed around trying to get back up, but all it achieved was her sinking even deeper. Now all you could see were 4 long black legs. “MMMMPPPPTTTT!”

With as much concentration as she could muster, Celestia used her magic to levitate Nightmare Moon. Lifting large objects came at ease, but it was rare for her to do such a thing with a pony around her height. So, naturally, it was a bit of a struggle. Nightmare’s eyes widened as she felt herself get picked up in a magical aura, dangling in the air. Her face burned with the blush that stained it as she looked at anything but her sister.

“ . . . .”

Gently and carefully, Celestia placed her back onto the ground, giggling a bit at her sister’s embarrassed reaction. “It’s ok, Nightmare.”

Nightmare grumbled and spat as she was plopped back onto the hard floor. “No it’s not! How am I supposed to sleep on a bed that tries to kill me!?” She demanded with a tail lash.

“Hmm…” Celestia looked around the room, thinking of various possibilities...none that wasn’t just outright sleeping on the floor. Upon looking at pillows, a lightbulb lit up in her head. “How about a bed of pillows?”

Nightmare Moon hummed in thought. “That may actually work if we play our cards right…” She tapped her chin before nodding and pulling all the pillows off the bed to count them all. It was a lot of damn pillows.

“Hopefully.” Celestia chirped.

Soon enough, the pillows were covering all of the bed. Nightmare growled in content and started walking around the soft plush objects, trying to find a good position to lay down on.

“Does that feel better, sister?” Celestia asked, somewhat looming near her with a comfortable presence surrounding.

“It does.” Nightmare answered, finally finding a comfy spot and laying down. She sighed, snuggling into the blankets. She wrapped her tail around herself in a misty scarf, softly purring in content.

Celestia yawned, and curled up onto her bed after fixing it up a little. She had no idea Nightmare could’ve easily almost made it out of whack, boy was she strong! “Good nap, sister.” She said, gently.

“Good nap. By the way, I'm a big spoon for once in my life.” Nightmare tried and failed to snatch her elder sister in her grasps. Scowling, she tried again, only to be met with the same results.

The older mare giggled. “Yes, you are indeed.”

Finally Nightmare managed to scoop Celestia in her grasps and sighed contently, letting the day’s troubles melt away as she fell asleep. Her soft breaths filled Celestia’s ears, and the one thing that carried over to the Nightmare transformation was her scent, filled with lavender and soft reeds.

Celestia softly breathed upon feeling and hearing Nightmare Moon, allowing her to sweep off to sleep faster than usual. She felt as if she was sleeping on the clouds above, yet surrounded by nature’s flowers.

In their dreams, they battled Daybreaker, who thought it would be a super good idea to invade after confusing Nightmare with HER Nightmare Moon. It wasn’t fun to say the least.

“Sister, dodge!” Nightmare Moon screamed as a blast of fire seared through her ears and headed on a one way path towards Celestia.

The older alicorn quickly moved out of the way, blasting a bit of magic towards through the fire.

Daybreaker yelped as the beam smacked her neck to the side. She snarled as she flew down to Nightmare Moon and bit her neck hard, causing the slightly smaller mare to scream in pain.

“Grr…… This ends now you good for nothing sister!” she growled through slowly turning red fur. Nightmare’s screams grew louder and louder.

“Luna!” Celestia shouted out of impulse, her expression quickly shifted from shock to anger as she zapped Daybreaker as lighting fast as she could.

Daybreaker screamed in agony as her grip on her targets neck was wrenched out. Blood bubbled from her chest and down her mouth as she faded once more into the dark part of Celestia’s mind. Nightmare sighed in relief and shook the clotting blood from her neck, wincing in pain.

“I was going to handle that!” She huffed. “I know how to stop that counterpart of yours. And besides…” Nightmare stood up. “Even if she had managed to break my neck, it’s a dream. And honestly Celestia, my name is Nightmare Moon, not Luna!”

“I know, I know I just…” Celestia sighed. “...got worried.”

“Oh, you.” Nightmare bumped horns with her sister tenderly before pulling away with a scowl. “I have to go to a meet and greet in a bar when we wake up. Hopefully most of the ponies there are going to be too intoxicated to care about my transformation.” She waved to herself to make the point.

“You go to bars?” Celestia asked with a slightly smug smile. “Didn’t know that was so usual for you.”

Nightmare Moon screeched and bit her sister’s ear in anger. “I do not go there to get drunk!” After biting the ear, she proceeded to harshly shoulder check Celestia.

Celestia rolled her eyes, lessening the tension in her body to allow Nightmare to do what she was doing.

Growling, Nightmare lashed her tail and flattened her ears before calming down. “Have I always been so short tempered?” she wondered as they started to wake up, the world swirling around them in bursts of colors that no normal pony would be able to perceive.

“Well, you weren’t at first, but things changed after…” Celestia paused and briefly looked away. “...a certain point.” Trying to lighten things up as fast as possible, she smiled. “It’s like we switched.”

Nightmare smiled in return and pointed to a patch of color that was about to over take them. “Look it’s Celestial Ray. Don’t you feel sad that most ponies will never see that color?” She gulped as the color started sunking her in. “Uhm, never mind, answer that when I wak-” And she was gone.

“We could magically-” Celestia, unfortunately, was cut off at the same moment.

Nightmare jolted, jolsting the mare in her grip. “-e up. Well, that was a fail.” She started snorting. This was too funny to NOT laugh at!

Celestia started to crack up with her, also finding it hilarious. It was also just too difficult to not laugh alongside her.

Nightmare’s voice cracked. “That was the most awful timing, sister!” she exclaimed.

“I know!” Celestia choked up, her voice surrounded in laughter.

After a very more laughs, Nightmare untangled them from the snuggle and yawned. “That was a nice nap.” She commented as she rubbed her eyes.

Celestia stretched her limbs, with a satisfied sigh. “Indeed.”

Sighing, Nightmare Moon put back on her battle armor. “Unfortunately for me, it’s time to head to that bar.” She headed over to the balcony and spread her wings out. “If I don’t return in 45 minutes, assume the worst and go to the bar. It’s ‘The Boston Flames’.”

“Hopefully the better happens.” Celestia commented, putting on her regalia. She waved to her sister before stepping out the door, ready to continue her duties (less ready to calm Equestria down)

“See you soon, sister!” Nightmare called as she flew off into the night. The room gained a peaceful silence until a knock was heard. It grew louder and more annoyed with each second it wasn’t answered.

“Princess Luna!” A masculine voice angrily yelled. “Where are you?” He kept knocking on the door more and more fiercely, steam puffing out of his nostrils. “I haven’t been given my post!”

Celestia’s ears flickered upon hearing him on the other end of the hall, and she sighed. Metal Gear. She usually didn’t enjoy having rare interactions with him, but now was probably the best time to explain.

``````

Nightmare swooped down at the front of the bar, her hooves touching solid ground. She sighed as she adjusted her helmet and puffed out her chest. ‘Here goes nothing…’ she thought as she opened the double doors.

The bar was just was rowdy as the alicorn expected. Drunk stallions everywhere, beer pong, loud, bellowing swears. It was very unruly and Nightmare Moon cringed as a pony puked his guts out onto the floor. Maybe she’ll rush this meet and greet for once.

“Heyeyy Lunaaaa….” An extremely, near knockout drunk pony drawled out, lousy walking towards her.

Nightmare tensed up and tried to force a polite smile that looked more like a dying whale trying to send out mating calls. “Hello back to you, my subject.” She gritted her teeth as she was once more mistaken with her counterpart.

“Yoouuu…” He looked closer, or at least tried to as his eyes were all over the place. “Look….hic...different.”

“I took a potion that accidently turned me into Nightmare Moon.” The bar gasped, and the haunting alicorn had to stifle a snarl from rising in her throat. “You have no need to fear me.”

“Whhyyyy would we….youuu rule uss…” The pony lay limped on Luna’s body, making weird giggly noises.

Nightmare shoved the stallion off of her. “Please go sit down, I fear you are drunk.” She spat. He stopped for a second, twitched, then crawled back towards her.

“Nooppe, I...hic...am ok.”

“For bucks sake..” Nightmare kicked the stallion’s hoof off and slid down into the meeting table, writing autographs with a furious speed. Many ponies gathered around, handling various objects; drawings, plushies, figurines, boxes, a pencil holder...anything really.

“Is this… a picture of my sister and I doing…” Nightmare just shook her head and signed it without another word.

“Heres...hic...something less shrewd…” A mare gave her a cute crayon picture of Celestia and Luna as fillies. They looked more like how they do now but tinier, but that’s what happens when you have a lack of historically accurate resources.

“Oh goodness..” Nightmare Moon teared up. “That’s really…. Amazing, my subject.” She wrote her name and a little compliment.

The mare squeaked and smiled, hiccuping a little before she left and gave a “you’re welcome” wink.

Nightmare smiled before looking at her next fan. The smile dropped instantly. “May I help you, sir?” she deadpanned.

The stallion held up a bottle, placing it towards the dark mare. Nightmare stared at the bottle then back at the pony. “My subject, I am not signing a beer bottle.” She shook her head in clear annoyance.

Blinking, he then proceeded to use his telekinesis to slam the bottle onto her head, bolting out of there after doing said action. And of course, the crowd freaked out. As Nightmare layed there unconscious, moaning in pain from the concussion, the not drunk ponies screamed for help and started elevating her head.

“We need to not jostle her head!” A mare screamed to the now groaning stallions who were placing Nightmare onto a bench. “It will only make the injury worse!”

“Does anypony have bandages!?” One trembled out loudly.

“I have paper towels!” Another screeched, holding the pieces of paper.

“That’ll do, possibly!” The pony paused. “Maybe. Hopefully.”

A tiny trickle of blood dripped from Nightmare’s helmet.

-----

“What’s the matter, your highness?” A guard quipped. “You have been awful nervous.”

“I haven’t seen my sister in hours.” Celestia worriedly replied, her eyes glinting. “She shouldn’t take long...”

“I’ve heard that an unknown stallion attacked a royal in a bar from my cousin who was over there gettin’ blind drunk. Strange, ain’t it?” He hummed in thought. “Ya think your sister had something to do with that?”

“WHAT!?” Celestia shouted, perhaps a little bit too loudly.

Thankfully the guard didn’t mind. “I know right? The royal got a severe concussion and apparently is now in the ICU!”

With that, Celestia immediately flew off. Sure, Nightmare was an Alicorn and could make it out alive, but the concern of a sister overdrew her. At the Canterlot hospital, Nightmare Moon was resting peacefully in her bed, her injury banaged as the doctors worked hard to keep her stable. Celestia swiftly went through asking what room her sister was in, and quickly arrived. The door was almost torn off as she opened it as heavily as she could.

“Nightmare?”

Nightmare Moon didn’t respond besides a slight change in heartbeat. She was connected to tubes and her breathing was strong and certain.

Trotting over towards the hospital bed, Celestia laid a hoof on it’s rail. “Oh, thank goodness you’re ok…”

A doctor walked up to the rail. “She is very lucky, your highness. She was hit on the head with a beer bottle, and it caused a severe concussion. If she wasn’t wearing that helmet-” he pointed to the now slightly red piece of armor. “It would have most likely caused brain damage.”

“Hit with a beer bottle? For what reason?” Celestia asked, flabbergasted.

“According to eyewitnesses, she refused to sign her name on it, and he smashed it onto her before running off. Reports say it was hard to tell in the light, but it was a stallion that held himself high despite being drunk, and most likely had a blonde mane and white fur.” The doctor recalled. “Very bizarre.”

Sighing, Celestia shook her head. “I’ll deal with that later.”

Nightmare mumbled and her lips started moving. The doctor smiled as his patient opened her tired filled eyes. “Oh… my head. Where am I..” she moaned, staring sadly at her visitors.

“Lu-Nightmare!” Celestia bounced up a little with a hopeful smile, looking down at her.

“All I remember is my nephew hitting me with a beer bottle… Then… nothing…” Nightmare slurred, still obviously waking up and suffering from the effects of the concussion.

“Wait, nephew?!” The doctor fell onto his haunches in shock.

“What!?” At this point, Celestia was wondering why she was so shocked. There was already like a billion plot twists at this point.

“Oh Tia… My head hurts like never before…” Nightmare cried out. “Why does this happen to ME? Have I sinned so much I will never atone, no matter how much I try?”

“Nightmare…” Celestia comforted. “None of that was your fault.”

A sniffle. “Lies.”

“You did nothing wrong.” Celestia started to have a slightly serious expression.

Nightmare blinked at Celestia. “L-lies?” Another sniffle.

“No lies.” Celestia nuzzled her a little on the cheek.

“Good then.” Nightmare gave up. “How long have I been out for?” She shuffled around, trying not to tug on the tubes inserted in her legs and chest.

“Well, I only recently got the news not too long ago...probably for a few hours.” Celestia tapped her hoof in thought.

“Indeed, your highnesses.” The doctor nodded as he rechecked Nightmare’s vitals. “I’m glad to say that in 5 hours she should be well enough to be discharged from the hospital.”

Nightmare groaned. “I want water… and food..” She whined.

Celestia looked at the doctor. “Got anything good?”

The doctor tried and failed to keep a straight face. “We have dry mashed potatoes and flavorless…. Gravy…” He burst into laughter and rolled around clutching his belly.

Celestia held in a snort. “Oh, goodness.”

“Your princess gave you an order!” Nightmare’s harsh ringing voice cut sharply into the laughter. The doctor yelped and almost knocked down a tool as he bolted off. Nightmare huffed and snuggled into her blankets.

Patting her sister on the hoof, Celestia sighed. “You sure you want that?”

A loud rumble sounded from the blankets. “That was your answer, dear sister.”

“Alright then.” Celestia sat close to the walls, awaiting the doctor.

Nightmare reached out her hoof in sadness. “I am sorry I have been putting you through such stress, Celestia.” A tremble wavered her voice, the raw potent almost poisoning the room.

“No stress at all, Nightmare.” Celestia qualmed. “If anything, the other ponies are stressing me more.”

“In what way?” Nightmare groaned and clutched her head. “Ow…”

“They are rather...aggressive.” Celestia grit her teeth, rubbing her hoof.

The younger sister rolled her eyes. “That much is obvious.” A hoof tugged at Celestia’s long tail, yanking her backwards.

Celestia made a weird noise in response, flopping downwards. “What was that for, sister?” She asked, rubbing her head.

Nightmare shrugged. “I just felt like doing it.” She tugged harder, feeling a strange glee hearing Celestia’s yelps. Her mind started tunneling; maybe a side effect from the potion? Either way, this was REALLY fun.

“Well-can-you-stop-it’s-ugh-aggravating!” Celestia attempted to stop her, her head getting a bit sore from the near constant impacts.

“Why would I?!” Nightmare giggled too gleefully. “This is really an amusing sight!” A pull caused her target to face plant onto the floor.

“It’s painful!” Celestia answered, her voice muffled.

Nightmare’s eyes widened and she let go just as the doctor scutteled in and delivered the potatoes and gravy. He gently placed the elevated plate onto Nightmare’s chest before rechecking her vitals and running out. Growling to herself, the alicorn began eating, not bothering with manners as she shoved her muzzle into the meal.

Celestia looked at her with a weirded out expression. “What was that all about?” She asked, concerned, while readjusting her crown.

“Jisjdfoafj.” Nightmare garbled through potatoes, spraying them everywhere on the bed sheets. Her eyes had turned into emotionless pits. Uh oh.

“...Nightmare?” Celestia’s pupils shrunk in fear, ears lowering.

“What?” Nightmare spat, raising her head from the meal. “Please tell me it’s not a pitiful question like the rest of this miserable country and it’s brain dead inhabitants.” Cursing under her breath, she scratched her head violently, almost tearing off the bandages. “I want my helmet.”

Nervously laughing, Celestia took a breath. “Not at all, I uhh-forgot it though.”

“Then be quiet! I should shut your mouth permanently for such an interruption!” Nightmare slammed her hooves onto the plate, sending more gravy bits everywhere as a cold fury overtook the younger sister, her sharp teeth bared, saliva dripping down her chin.

“Please calm down.” Celestia held onto Nightmare’s hoof. “There’s nothing to be upset about.” She calmly reasoned.

“Ha… ha… What is happening to me?” Nightmare cried out, clutching her sister’s hoof tightly. Quietly, Celestia simply nuzzled her. She would’ve hugged, had it been more easier in this state.

Nightmare jerked away from the touch, spitting mad. “Don’t touch me, you useless mare!” she screamed. “Eternal- I mean… no, that’s wrong….” She slapped herself in insanity. “I feel like I’m splitting…!”

While she looked worried, Celestia was internally panicking. Was it usual for the potion to cause these effects? How could she stop it? Especially when she was recalling that night from centuries ago...

Just then, Zecora randomly burst in. “It is worse than I thought, and if I don’t act soon, my efforts could be in naught!” She tripped over her hooves and landed in a black and white heap on the floor. Nightmare pointed and laughed at the sight, crackling madly.

“Zecora!?” Celestia unintentionally shrieked, before clearing her throat and asking. “How did you know we were here?”

Zecora dusted herself off. “Do not even say, for I have my own ways.” She got out a green liquid held in a rather large bottle. “If you do not give her this soon, it will be too late for Nightmare Moon.”

Said mare growled and spat in the zebra’s direction, thankfully missing. Zecora twitched an ear in annoyance.

Celestia nodded her head, and levitated the bottle towards Nightmare. “Doctor’s orders!” She proclaimed.

“Fine.” Nightmare opened her mouth and grabbed the bottle, thankfully it was big enough for her to grasp without her magic, which would have hurt to use right now. She started drinking it, the horrible tastes swamping her taste buds.

Clenching her teeth, Celestia hoped this would be the key to qualming her sister’s behavior. She wasn’t sure if she could handle violent acts and an aggressive nature like that once again.

Zecora watched with no expression as Nightmare finished the brew. She burped loudly and sighed, a content smile lit up her gaze. “I feel much better…” Yawning, she snuggled into her blankets and started snoring, her fur already looking a lighter shade then normal.

Celestia sighed out of relief. “Oh thank goodness, she’s calmer.” She put her hoof to her chest, just to quell her faster heart rate.

Zecora also let out a relieved sigh, wiping some sweat off her forehead. “It is not too late to revert Nightmare back to her previous state.”

“There’s not much time left before the cure is created, correct?” Celestia asked, looking at Zecora curiously.

Zecora nodded in response. “I’d say you’ve had a very long day?” Nightmare’s form shifted in her sleep, muffling her snores.

“Very.” Celestia put an emphasis on those words, putting a hoof on the rail. “Most peace I’ve gotten was a bath and a nap.” Her eyes and ears lowered as she continued. “Otherwise, you have a bunch of ponies not listening to you and hurting your sister in the process.”

Zecora put a hoof on the alicorn’s shoulder before walking out of the room to give her some privacy with her injured sibling. Celestia looked at her sister, a smiling arising from her face again. Once again, the younger mare looked like she was put at ease, and didn’t need to have sudden bouts of anger again. A part of Celestia wondered what would’ve happened if she never got that other potion...best not to think.

“Hehe… eternal night funny…” Nightmare giggled, chewing on her blankets. A ripping sound filled the air, sploopy and gargled.

Celestia blinked. “Hope you aren’t this loopy when you wake up…” She thought, cautiously. It’s hard to handle an angry mare, but a mare that acts like she’s deeply drunk is probably even more difficult.

“I’ll kick your ass Daybreaker.. I’ll kick my own ass, I’ll kick my dog’s ass!” Nightmare whooped, her hooves waved around. “Death to all jello rulers!” Yep, she was now extremely loopy.

Gulp. Celestia shook her head and looked a little more confident. “Come on, Celestia. You could handle the rest of today.” She looked outside through a nearby window. “You can handle this!”

“Tee hee…” Nightmare slurred, having woken up and noticed Celestia. “Are you lookin’ at ma moon?” A stupid grin overtook the alicorn’s features, making her look more alligator then pony,

“Uhm…” Celestia looked at her, concerningly. “Not exactly.”

“Why not, Tia!?” Nightmare demanded. “It looks sexy!”

“I…” Her ear flickered. “...suppose it does?”

Perhaps it was best to just move along with it. This was going to be a long while.

Comments ( 3 )

Ok. It's actually pretty funny :) I don't see the reason for Luna to ask to be called Nightmare Moon but that's my only real peeve.
Really reminds me of Mane Attraction but cranked to 11.... Not too shabby overall but some details could use a light polish.

Thank you for the compliment and advice! The whole Nightmare Moon thing was due to Luna feeling like since she didn't look like Luna, she didn't have Luna's name, only Nightmare Moon's, if that makes sense. :twilightblush:

You know strictly going by the title I thought the story would have a Discord tag.

Login or register to comment