• Published 1st Oct 2019
  • 8,499 Views, 28 Comments

I Love You - DivineRoyalty



When you confess your feelings and shortcomings to the Alicorn so special to you, you do so thinking she is asleep. Little do you know, she is anything but.

  • ...
5
 28
 8,499

I Love You

Author's Note:

Hey-O! Due to request, I’ve written a sequel! I hope you enjoy!

I don't know how many stories I will write using this format, but they're actually pretty fun to write. Let me know your thoughts!

Oh my, is it that late already?

I suppose I should hit the hay pretty soon.

Hey Twilight? I’m headed off to…

...Bed. Darn it! I forgot you fell asleep on the couch!

Twilight? Did I wake you?

...No?

I guess not. Phew… and you accuse me of sleeping hard. But, I guess writing a multi-hundred page textbook for the Academy for Gifted Unicorns is… well, tiresome to say the least.

Hmm.

Have I ever told you how much you amaze me, Twilight?

Well, I guess you already know. I saw my journal had moved from my nightstand to the shelf beside my door. There are many things you are good at, Twilight, but being sneaky is not one of them.

Heh… I never really was either.

...

Twilight… I don’t really know how to say this, but it’s been on my heart for awhile. I’ve tried to ignore it for as long as I’ve been able, and I’ve tried to suppress it. Fact is, I can’t. No matter how hard I struggle, no matter how hard I try.

Twilight, I…

...I…

Well, you see...

...Well you already know, you’ve seen my journal…

But that shouldn’t prevent me from saying it out loud… so why does it?

Maybe it isn’t even that. Maybe it’s just because I’m too much of a coward to express my feelings for you even when I know you can’t hear me. Figures…

...I can’t even do that right.

*Sigh.* When was the last time I did anything right?

Probably a looooooong way back.

I know it probably kills you to see me so hard on myself, but…

...How could I not be?

When I first got here, my first reaction was to try and strike anyone who came near me! Even when you all were just trying to help me! Then you still took me in anyway, gave me food, shelter, clothing…

...A life…

...And… it’s just… it’s just so difficult to stand tall when you know that everything you are is because of the generosity of someone else, especially when they don’t ask for anything in return! You don’t ask me to pay rent, do chores, anything. And when I try to, you turn me down as if I’m deserving of what I have received, when… I’m not.

Twilight, you have been the kindest, sweetest, most loving creature that has ever entered my life.

...And all I have done is take, take, and take…

Sheesh. What kind of monster am I?

If I were back home, I guarantee that no one would take me in like you have. No one would do as much for me as you have. No one would treat me as kindly as you have. And yet, I find myself taking for granted everything about you!

...How could I ever call myself your friend, let alone… your lover?

Did I just… say that out loud?

Yep… I did. Good job, Anon.

Well, since I’ve already started, I may as well finish something in my life.

Here goes…

Twilight, I love you. To the ends of Equus and back. From Celestia’s Sun to Luna’s Moon. From the smallest quark to the largest galaxy cluster. I love you so deeply, that it sometimes doesn’t even register in my mind that you probably don’t like me as anything other than a friend. I hold out hope, fantasies, and dreams that you love me, that you ache for me as I do you. Twilight, I…

...I love you. Truly and completely. From start until finish, from the East to the West…

...I just wish I was good enough for you to love me back.

Anyways… I’m gonna go to bed now. I’ll… I’ll see you in the morning.

“Goodnight, my love.”

What?

“I said Goodnight, my love. See you in the morning!”

...Did I wake you?

“Yes, but you did when you first started. I just wanted to hear what you’d say, and…”

...And?

“You’re right.”

...A-about?

“That it kills me to see you so hard on yourself.”

“You don’t need to be, you know.”

What do you mean?

“You know what I mean.”

That I don’t need to be so hard on myself?

“Yes.”

But I —

“No buts.”

“Anon, you are a beautiful stallion, inside and out. Can you not see that?”

No…

“If you don’t mind my asking… why? You do so many great things for so many different ponies!”

I… well, you heard my rambling…

“I did. And most of it was false: all except for the part about your being hard on yourself and likely your feelings for me.”

I…

“You are a great stallion, Anon. Never let anyone tell you otherwise. You may not be perfect, but who is? We all make mistakes, and we all have doubts. But your mistakes should not define your future, nor do they ever have to. Every day is a new canvas to be painted upon, a new opportunity to seize.”

But…

“No. I won’t let you degrade yourself anymore. I won’t let you undersell your value anymore. You are a good, upstanding, moral, friendly stallion. No one will convince me otherwise.”

“And… on a lighter note, you really do assume a lot about how I feel about you.”

“Wh-what do you mean?”

*Smooch* “I love you too, silly!”

“Woooow! I didn’t even know it was possible to turn that red in the face!”

I… you… what… uh…

“Anon?”

...Yes?

“I love you too. To the ends of Equus and back. From Celestia’s Sun to Luna’s Moon. From the smallest quark to the largest galaxy cluster. And you know what else?”

“Nothing will ever change that.”

I…

“Anon?”

Yes?

“Would you stay with me tonight?”

…O-of course I will!

“Is that comfortable?”

Mmm… very.

“Anon?”

Yes?

“What do you need tonight?”

I need… you, Twilight.

“Then I’ll hold onto you.”

...

“...And won’t let go. Anytime you may need me… always know I will be here for you. Always and forever, because…

...I love you.”

Comments ( 28 )

Wholesome as f boi.
But really it was a sweet story that brought a bit of happy to the brain. Thanks for the story.

9860162
Thank you! I am glad to be an inspiration!

9860164
Thank you very much! I am always happy to write content that brings smiles to the faces of others! :twilightsmile:

This is just nice to read. It makes me feel good. Thanks for writing such a sweet story :twilightsmile:

i'm glad my suggestion turned into something so beautiful

9860377
I'm glad! Thank you for reading!

9860486
Thank you for thinking so, and thanks again for the suggestion!

Brilliant follow-up. I could almost see them singing "I Just Can't Stop Loving You."

:rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh:

I haven’t even read it yet but I just laughed because this reminded me of my joke plot twist comment from the prequel.

This is definitely getting a read from me.

9860876
I enjoyed it immensely.

This is great. I love it. Another one for the Twilight bookshelf.

I'm not gonna lie, I looked at the short description and it made it sound as if Twilight was dead and he was professing his love to her.

I'm so happy that I misunderstood that because this was wholesome and good.

9861671
Oof, brother! Not the intention I wanted to convey! I will consider changing that!

But anyways, thank you for reading, and I hope you enjoyed!

9861548
Thanks so much! I'm glad you enjoyed!

9861760
I think it's a good description, it's just that my mind went to a dark place. It was mainly the "she is anything but." part.

Okay, this is epic.

I love this story, from Celestia's sun to Luna's moon! You are by far one of the best fanfic writers I have encountered in a long time. I am very eager to see what new stories you will post next : )

Can we get a sequel of them on a date or something?

mmmm... cute story. Very much like.

Thank you for this story! Also thank to reader

beautiful story telling

Please make more.

10356484
I would love that.

Login or register to comment