• Published 26th Mar 2021
  • 904 Views, 2 Comments

The Dazzlings' Adventure in Equestria Land - MorbidTheBrony



Time for the Dazzlings to have a fun day out at Equestria Land! No one can wait! And by no one, I mean only Sonata! Aria and Adagio could wait just another moment.

  • ...
 2
 904

It'll be fun, I swear!

"Where we going?" Sonata asked, sitting in the back of the car.

"It's a surprise," Adagio said from the drivers seat.

"Okay, but why do I need to where a blindfold?"

Aria facepalmed, sitting in the passenger seat. She looked back at her blindfolded sister. "She just said it was a surprise."

The Dazzlings, Adagio Dazzle, Aria Blaze and Sonata Dusk, were currently driving down a long highway. Adagio and Aria had a trip planned and they decided, since it was very easy, to surprise their youngest sister.

"Guys! I'm bored!" Sonata moaned.

"Relax, it'll only be about five more minutes," Adagio informed. She could see their destination in the distance. "You can at least survive that long, right?"

"But I'm bored now!" The blue haired siren moaned louder. "Aria, un-bore me."

"No." Aria crossed her arms and lifted her chin up.

"Aria, un-bore her," Adagio now requested.

"Oh, come on! Why's it gotta be me?!" the edgy one complained, putting a spread out hand on her chest.

"Because you're the only one that's currently doing nothing. Now shut up and entertain her for a few minutes."

Aria moaned loudly and tried to think of a way to entertain Sonata. It was never that hard anyway. Even a simple joke could have her going for hours.

"Hey Sonata, wanna hear a joke?" Aria asked. She looked in the mirror to see that Sonata had excitedly nodded. "Why can't a nose be twelve inches long?"

"I don't know! Tell me!"

"Because then it would be a foot!" Aria began laughing loudly at her own joke. Sonata, however, stayed completely silent, confused by the punchline.

Aria's laughter kept up and it only got louder as she began slapping her knees. Sonata, however, was still completely stuck on what the joke was.

When Aria finally began calming down, she was clutching her stomach and wiping the tears out of her eyes. She then realised that she heard no one else laugh with her. She looked backwards and glared at Sonata.

"I don't get it," Sonata said blankly.

Aria humphed in annoyance and sat down properly again.

Adagio tapped the moody girl's arm and gestured for her to look forward. Aria did so and saw that they had finally arrived at their location.

However, Adagio had to find a parking spot first, and by the looks of it, a lot of others wanted to come too.

"Are we there now?" Sonata asked, becoming quite impatient. "I think it's been five minutes." She began moving her hands to her blindfold.

Aria immediately stopped her. She held her sister's arms. "No it hasn't. It's been, uhh... two." She tried to play dumb, which was very easy with Sonata. "Count to one hundred and eighty, then we should be there."

Adagio looked at Aria with enraged eyes and an agape mouth. "Three minutes?! Why are you giving me only three minutes to look for a space?!" she quietly hissed.

Aria waved her hand at her and sat back with her arms behind her head. "Relax. There's no way she can count that high. You have plenty of time."

Adagio tapped the steering wheel worryingly, hoping to God that Sonata couldn't count that high. She continued driving around, seeing nothing but cars in spaces of which she could have stolen herself.

Seven minutes go by, and they're still looking for a space. Sonata luckily still hadn't tried to take her blindfold off. In fact, she was still counting, and she was long passed one hundred and eighty.

"Four hundred and thirty-five, four hundred and thirty-six..." Sonata counted.

"Why's she still counting?" Adagio whispered, leaning closer to Aria.

"Maybe she forgot why she was counting." Aria just shrugged and watched as Adagio still failed to find a parking space.


"Seven hundred and two, seven hundred and three..." Sonata continued to count with no sign of stopping.

They still haven't found a space. There were some instances where it looked like there was a space, but it just turned out to be a small car hiding behind bigger cars. Aria had fallen asleep after waiting for over ten minutes while Adagio felt like she was about to lose her mind.


"Nine hundred and fifty-eight, nine hundred and fifty-nine..." Sonata could surprisingly count pretty high.

Adagio almost felt like giving up, but then it finally happened... she saw an open space. She felt like shouting, but she held it in and planned on using it for when she was in the space.

Adagio drove the car in the space's direction, but then she saw another car coming their way. It was a blue bus that was decorated with clouds and rainbows. It was coming for Adagio's space.

"Not today," Adagio growled with determination. She began flooring it. She was getting this space one way for another.

She was almost tied neck and neck with the bus. She was building up her shout the closer she got to the space. This bus wasn't going to win, Adagio wasn't going to allow it.

The two vehicles were getting too close to eachother, so the bus began to break to a stop, but Adagio wasn't stopping for anything. She turned into the space and claimed it.

"One thousand!" Sonata shouted with pride, scaring Aria awake.

Aria collected herself and looked at her surroundings. "Huh, so you finally found a space, Adagio?" she asked. She turned to her sister that could drive and Adagio looked like she was on the verge of throwing a fit.

"Yup! And it only took me one thousand seconds!" Adagio said, gripping the wheel harder to the point where it could break in her hands.

"Alright then. Should I uhh..." Aria pointed towards Sonata.

"Yeah, go ahead." Adagio opened her car door and stepped out, feeling proud that she had a space.

Aria unbuckled her seat belt and opened her door. "You can take the blindfold off now," she said before leaving.

Sonata never felt so excited to remove a piece of cloth over her eyes in her life. She slowly moved her hands up to the white barrier that separated her and where she was. What was she to see? What was this surprise? She was about to find out. All she had to do was take the blindfold away from her eyes. What she is about to see may be the greatest thing ever and she is about to experience it for herself.

Sonata could finally see the real world again. She reached her hand to the buckle on her seat belt and let herself free. She moved over to the door handle and pulled on it, opening the door. One foot out and then the other, she pulled herself out of the car and looked at her surroundings.

There it was. Beyond some trees, she could see it, the giant, the amazing, the oh so awesome... Equestria Land! Sonata almost couldn't believe it. Her sisters always said that they didn't have the money to be able to do something like this.

She ran up to Adagio and Aria and tackled them to the ground. "Oh, thank you-thank you-thank you-thank you!" Sonata shouted, nuzzling her cheeks against her sisters'.

"Get off of us!" Aria struggled to stand up and escape from her younger sister's iron grasp. "It was really nothing."

Adagio humphed. "You say it was nothing but you only paid about twenty percent, giving me the excuse that you wouldn't be using it for things like the rollercoasters," she revealed to Sonata.

Sonata's eyes widened in surprise. "Aria, have you still not gotten your fear of rollercoasters? That accident was forty years ago!"

"So? You never know when another screw is loose! I'm not taking anymore chances just because human scum think its 'fun'!" Aria had the look of fear in her eyes, looking back at that traumatising moment. She was then given a slap in the face by Adagio and she snapped out of it. "And besides, we saved enough to get all day wristbands that gives us unlimited access to the rides and games, which is where you will be finding me."

"Really...?" Sonata was at such a loss for words. "Aww! You guys are the best!" She went over and hugged her sisters again. Adagio and Aria didn't struggle to escape this time; they just patiently waited until she was done.

Sonata stepped back away from them. "But how did you know I really wanted to go to Equestria Land?" she asked.

"We caught up on it by your little 'hints,'" Adagio explained.

"Really? I'm sure I was being very vague."


About four weeks ago...

Sonata and Aria were sitting on their couch, watching the TV. They were watching some weird cartoon about three boys that shared similar names.

"Boy, do I want to go to Equestria Land!" Sonata suddenly said loudly.

"Uh-huh," Aria responded nonchalantly, resting her face on her hand on the arm rest.


"I don't see how you guys picked up on it so easily," Sonata said surely.

Aria and Adagio just stared at Sonata blankly.

"I guess you could say we're world class detectives," Aria said. She turned around and walked towards the park. "Now hurry up! The more time we spend standing here, the less time we can spend inside."

Sonata gasped. "She's right! Let's go!" She grabbed hold of Adagio's arm and blazed off, grabbing Aria's arm along the way. They were all at the park's entrance at almost an instant. However, there was still something standing between them and the park. The line to get the wristbands.

Adagio looked over the head of the person in front of her and at first glance, the line didn't look very long, but then she looked at it from the side and saw that it went around a corner. She sighed through her nose and stood with the other two again.

"It's long, isn't it?" Aria asked. She felt as though she already knew the answer but wanted to hear Adagio say it.

Adagio nodded, crossing her arms. "We may be here for a while."


Sonata sat on the rope that separated the line from the crowd coming in and out from the park. She swung herself back and forth, trying to be as patient as humanly possible.

It had been eight minutes since they joined the line. It should probably take just a few more minutes. Sonata could wait that.


The Dazzlings were about to round the corner Adagio saw over fifteen minutes ago. Sonata couldn't imagine it being that long now. They'll get into the park soon enough.


The corner revealed an even longer line. It had now been twenty-eight minutes. Sonata could see the end, but it was still quite the distance away and the line moved incredibly slowly. She began tapping her foot impatiently.


Sonata could barely take it anymore. She grasped the rope she sat on tightly, trying to maintain her composure. It was so incredibly boring for her, having to wait forty-two minutes. She was amazed at how Adagio and Aria were coping so well. She figured they enjoyed the boredom a lot, those foul, un-fun demons.

"Mommy, is that girl okay?" Sonata heard some kid ask.

Sonata slowly creaked her head towards the mother and her very young son that stood behind the Dazzlings. She stared at him with all of the fire in her eyes, all built up from boredom. The fire in her eyes was so hot that the kid's ice-cream melted right down into a vanilla puddle.

The kid began crying, telling his mother at the top of his lungs, "My ice-cream melted!"

The mother tried to reassure him. "Don't worry, we'll get another one once we get in."

It didn't help as the kid continued to cry loudly.

Adagio and Aria seemed to break out of the daze they were in and turned to see the crying child. They could see the white puddle beside him and his empty cone.

Adagio scoffed and turned forward again. "Kids. Can never learn to eat the thing before it melts." She glanced over to Aria. "How long do you think it'll be now?"

Aria shrugged. "Dunno. Probably gonna say a few more minutes."

Sonata looked passed her sisters and saw that they weren't that far now. In fact they were pretty close to the end. She was almost out of this insane asylum for a line. Soon enough, she'd be in that park, and she was gonna ride everything!


The girls all got their special wristbands and finally headed inside the main attraction. It was certainly big.

Adagio looked at the map she was also given. "So, where should we go first?" she asked.

Aria and Sonata peered over her shoulder to look at the map.

"Yikes, they got Cloudsdale here?" Aria pointed to the section that looked to be covered with clouds. "How did they even find out about some of these places?"

"I mean, this world is basically just Equestria without magic," Adagio explained, not looking away from the map. "Cloudsdale's a city here, and the Everfree Forest also exists in this world."

"So, what? Is this amusement park just a more fantasy version of this world, then, or...?"

Adagio actually began to think about it after that, but she quickly facepalmed to snap her out of the trance she was about to enter.

"I don't know! Just-" Adagio sighed and looked at the map again. "Sonata. Why don't you pick. It is you're-" She turned the other way to show the youngest sister the map, but she wasn't with them anymore. "Where'd she go?"

"Sweet. Guess that means we're splitting up," Aria said before walking away on her own. "I'm going to Golden Oaks Arcade. Find me there if you need me."

"But-" Adagio didn't try to stop her and decided that this was how it was going to be. Everyone having their own fun. She checked the map again and walked in the direction towards the Canterlot section.


Sonata was mesmerised by the park. So many rides and games, so little time. How was she to choose what to go on first? Her eyes sparkled at all of the possibilities. All of the fun she could be having, she wasted precious time just trying to choose what was first.

However, what with her sightseeing, she didn't notice that she was about to bump right into someone. Her face came into contact with something that smelled like deodorant. Sonata took a step back, looked up and saw that she had bumped into a hugely built man with golden sunglasses and a grey broom mustache.

"Oh! Uh, sorry about that," Sonata apologised. She began walking around the man. "I'll just get out of your way."

But as soon as she was directly next to the man, a hand flew in front of her, blocking her way.

"Hey, what gives?! I said I was sorry!" she complained, walking back to where she started with this guy.

"No access to anyone over the age of eight," the man said. He appeared to be a security guard.

Sonata looked passed to see what it was she wasn't allowed into, and it certainly was a children area. There were ball pits, small trampolines with protective nets surrounding them and very small rollercoasters that looked like a three year old could ride. She also saw a small chalkboard not to far away that said 'Welcome to Ponyville!' in big, bright letters, and despite the fact that it was for very little kids, it looked so fun!

"Could you maybe make an exception for me?" Sonata asked sweetly, holding her hands together and giving the guard puppy eyes.

The guard shook his head, remaining completely expressionless.

"Pretty please?" Sonata wasn't willing to give up yet. She tried to make even stronger puppy eyes.

"Children. Only!" the guard emphasised.

Sonata frowned and slumped far forward. "Okay, fine! You win." She turned around and began walking slowly. "I guess I'll just- Look up there! It's a meteor!" She quickly turned around again and pointed up to the sky.

"What?! Where?!" The guard faced the other way, looking around for a meteor.

Sonata took this chance to stand closely behind the guard. As the guard turned forward again having found no meteor, Sonata moved with him and just like that, she was inside.

"There was no-" the guard stopped himself. That girl he was talking to had left. He rubbed the back of his strong neck as he looked around for her. She just straight up disappeared.

Sonata explored the world of this toddler land called "Ponyville." She thought she could see it all just from the entrance, but actually being inside revealed not just a section, but what appears to be an entire town of young childlike wonder. Sonata knew the park was big, but she could never imagine the entire thing being one colossal world. She was very eager to explore it all.


Aria was currently shooting virtual zombies with a fake gun attached to a thick, long chord. The plastic fraud vibrated in her hands as she held down the trigger and her commands were repeated on the screen in front of her, shooting down hordes of enemies. She looked, with one eye, down the length of the gun to aim at the heads of the undead.

The high quality sound of blood gurgling and head exploding emitted from the machine. The points stacked up higher and higher. Aria was annihilating the swarm of zombies that stood in all directions of her character.

Eventually, her terror against the horde came to a terrible conclusion as the zombies all piled onto her and ate her alive. The screen then faded to black and displayed with bloody red text, 'GAME OVER!'

Aria checked out her score. Unfortunately, there was still another that ranked higher than her on the leaderboard. She sighed as she placed the gun back into its slot and walked away.

"There was nothing Equestrian about that game at all," she suddenly complained. She looked at all of the other games in the arcade and saw that none of them were related with Equestria.

Aria stepped out of the arcade and walked in a random direction, seeing if there were any rides she'd like that didn't go out of her comfort zone.

Upon wandering, she found a collection of booths, all with unique games with the prizes of giant plush toys. Putting her hands in the pockets of her pink jeans, she walked towards a randomly chosen booth.

The booth she just so happened to approach seemed to be a hit the target kind of game. In front of her was a counter with an alignment of balls and a few feet away was a wall with holes with a bunch of clown puppets sitting within each of the holes. The clowns all had a red target on their bellies.

However, she saw that no one was currently behind the counter of this booth.

"Is anybody here?" she called out.

No one answered, so Aria decided to begin to just walk away to another booth. But suddenly, she heard a springing noise coming from behind her which caused her to look back at the booth.

"Step right up!" came one voice.

"Take your aim!" came another.

"Come around to have a shot at the Flim Flam brothers' hit the clowns game!" both voices announced in unison.

Behind the counter appeared two almost identical men. Two tall, red haired with white streaks, blue and white striped shirt with a black bowtie, white pants and white bowler shoes. The only way Aria could tell them apart was that one had a red handlebar mustache.

"Come over, take a ball and hit a clown for our wonderful, soft and unique prizes!" the one without the mustache said.

"Ain't no way you can find any other prize like these in the park!" the mustached one added.

Aria looked to the booth directly next to the brothers'. "I can see that they literally have the exact same parakeet plushie," she coldly said, pointing to the other game.

"Au contraire, missy. Does any other booth have a prize like...!" Mustachio (Which was what Aria was calling him for now) dove downwards behind the counter. She could hear the sounds of him rummaging around. "...this!" He presented to her a plushie of a wooly, white llama plushie.

Aria crossed her arms and through her nose upwards. "Please, as if I'd want a stupid-" But then she looked at the plushie. Immediately, her eyes widened, her jaw dropped and her arms fell to her sides.

She slowly stepped back towards the game to get a closer look at the llama. It looked so fluffy, so derpy, so cute. She wanted it. She needed it. Her arms slowly raised to grab hold of it, but it was instantly taken away again by one of the brothers.

"Uh-uh-uh!" the naked face brother shook his finger. "If you want this prize, you're going to have to win it by knocking down ten of the fifteen clowns!"

Aria did not feel like spending a lot of her time here trying to win a prize, so she reached into her pockets, hoping to have a little bit of cash on her. Unfortunately though, she forgot to bring her wallet, so simply buying the prize was way out of the equation.

She sighed in defeat and looked at the brothers again with a face that read no emotion. "Fine," she unamusingly said.

"Three tickets," Mustache requested, holding out a hand to Aria.

"Actually..." She held up her right arm that had her paper wristband. "I was given this wristband that gives me unlimited access to all rides and games."

Both brothers slumped forward and moaned. "This looks like no win for us, Flam."

"It sure does, Flim."

Their disappointment had gotten a small smirk to appear on Aria's face.

"Take your shots, lady! You got fifteen of 'em!" the mustached man enthusiastically said.

The brothers stepped to the left and right walls to get out of the way of Aria's shots.

Aria stretched her right arm from the shoulder down to the wrist before picking up one of the many red, hard cricket balls. She steadied herself, she had her eyes locked onto a target, she brought her arm back and she threw. The ball flew across the booth towards the shelves of clowns and...

...the ball smacked right against the wall that covered the space between all of the clowns.

No problem. She still had fourteen balls left, she could do this. That llama was as good as her's.


Adagio wandered around the park, eyes glued to her map, and according to her map, she was where she wanted to be, the Canterlot section. She didn't know why she wanted to come here, she just imagined it being nicer than the Changeling Hive section.

In the Canterlot section, there was all kinds of gift shops and cafés. It was an alley full of them. One café in particular caught her eye, that being one with a glowing sign that read "Donut Joe's".

She stepped inside and found that it was just as bright and colourful as pretty much the rest of the park. With black and white tiled flooring, the lower half of the walls having green wallpaper and between all of the tall windows having pink wallpaper.

Adagio walked towards the counter. There was a large display of all different kinds of donuts and treats.

"What can I do for ya, ma'am?" someone asked her.

Adagio looked up to see quite a round looking man behind the counter. She looked at the man's name tag on his white baker's outfit. This man turned out to be the Donut Joe of the Donut Joe confectionery.

"I think I'll have a..." Adagio tapped her chin with one hand with the other hand on her hip as she looked at all of the different donuts and cakes she could have. "I'll just have a yum yum and a latte, thank you," she chose. She took out her purse and handed him a $5 note.

"Good choice. I'll have that for ya in no time flat," Joe said, taking the note. He grabbed a pair of tongs and a paper bag and placed inside one of his many yum yums. He handed the bag to Adagio. "There ya go. Your latte should be just a few minutes."

Adagio smiled and turned to sit at a table. She opened the small bag and pulled out the sweet, glazed pastry. She should probably save it for when her drink comes, but one bite shouldn't hurt. Adagio took a small bite out of the yum yum and let it dance around her mouth as she chewed it.

It tasted heavenly. The soft, squishy pastry, the sugary coating of glaze, it made her taste buds jump for joy and crave for more. But she had to wait on her drink. But then on the other hand, she wanted another bite now. She needed another bite.

Adagio gave it her all, but her mouth watered falls as her arms were going against her by forcefully pushing through her restraints to bring the yum yum to her mouth. She tried so hard. Oh, did she try. Unfortunately, her sudden craving managed to best her. And as soon as she realised what she had done, the yum yum was gone.

Adagio was filled with both happiness and sadness. Happy because it was so good, it would've been stupid not to resist, but sad because now she didn't have anything to go with her hot drink that was still yet to come.

Then again, she could always just buy another one. No big deal.

She stood up from her table and went back towards the counter. Joe's back was turned towards her. Adagio leaned to the side to see that Joe was putting the lid on a cup. Likely, it was for her.

Adagio cleared her throat to get his attention. Donut Joe turned around and took the cup with him.

"Oh! Good timing. Your latte's ready," he said, handing Adagio the hot cup.

"Thank you," Adagio responded. "I would also like to order another yum yum, if you will."

"Oh yeah, sure." The barista got his tongs out again, pulled out another glazed pastry and slipped it into another paper bag.

Adagio watched as Joe was about to roll the top of the bag down. "Can you add another one?" she suddenly asked.

"Pardon?" Joe stopped.

"Another one."

Joe just remained still for a moment. "Alright then." He opened the bag again and put another yum yum inside.

Adagio paid for her new yums and went back to her table with no shame. With a pleased smile on her face, she sat down, opened the bag and dug in.

The sweetness of the donut, the soothing heat of the coffee. It felt like pure bliss. Especially the yum yum. Oh, how delicious it was.

Another wouldn't hurt, right?


Sonata continued exploring the Ponyville section, being mesmerised by the sheer amount of bright colours and children activities. Her plan was to try it all out because she absolutely had to! But the question was where was she to start? Was she to begin with what looked to be the best? Or does she look for the worst and try work her way up? Sonata thought about her choices, the latter was definitely too much work, what with her limited time being here.

"Hey! You there!" someone called out.

Sonata slowly turned around. It was that security guard again, and he did not look the most pleased. He ran right towards the girl with furrowed brows.

"There was no asteroid in the sky!" the guard growled at her. "You gotta lot of nerve trying to stir up panic!"

Sonata gave a disappointed look in response. "Well, first of all, I said meteor, so get your facts straight. And secondly..." Sonata just realised that she didn't really have a second thing to say. "...check again." And then she disappeared into the wind.

"Get back here!" The guard began giving chase to Sonata.

The two very rudely barged passed many parents who were just trying to give their children a good time. Sonata attempted to expertly manoeuvre herself by the crowd, but she would still find herself accidentally shoulder barging a lot of people.

Sonata needed a plan now if she wanted to get away because judging from the guard's build, it would be a matter of time until he caught up with her. Perhaps her surroundings could help her hide.

Sonata quickly took a turn into a building. She didn't read any of the signs outside, she just ran right on inside. Due to her carelessness as well, Sonata found herself coming face to face with a mirror and she fell to the ground. Collecting her bearings, she could see that she was surrounded by many of herself. Standing back in her feet, Sonata looked all around her and she was as far as the eye can see. It was now that Sonata realised that she was in a Hall of Mirrors.

"Excuse me, have you seen a girl with blue hair and a dark purple dress?" Sonata could hear. The guard had followed her in here.

"I think I saw someone like that run into the maze," Sonata then heard a woman say.

It now looked like going back through the entrance was no longer an option. If Sonata were to make it out of this, she would have to solve this maze.

The chase was on to get Sonata the everloving heck out of this kids' section of the park. All that Sonata could think of right now is that with the proper chase music, this would be like one of her Hanneigh-Barbera cartoons.

Time was finite, and her choices were limited. But with enough willpower, Sonata could find a way out. She quickly took a path on her left and was met with a mirror to the face. She held her nose as it throbbed with pain. "Darn! My own eyes have deceived me!" She turned and went the other way. "Ow!"

The quest to escape this hall of reflective lies was a painful one to say the least. Sonata ensured to rub her hands against every surface she passed, which made her job a whole lot easier. A bit tedious, but progress was being made.

With enough patience, Sonata had finally made it out of the hall of mirrors. At the end of the maze, she was met with an open door and a basket of lollipops with a 'Take 1' sign. With a delighted smile, Sonata humbly took a lemon flavoured sweet and threw it on the ground as she decided to take the one bowl with her, now empty of lemon.

"I've got you now!" the guard announced from behind.

Sonata quickly turned back around, dropping the bowl in the process. "How did you get through so fast?!"

"I followed your handprints," the guard explained, pointing back into the maze where a large smear across the mirrors had created a trail.

Sonata was silent. She was sure that her idea was flawless. Though, it technically still served its purpose to help find a way out.

She smacked her lips and raised a finger in the air. "I just wanna say..." She remained still. The security guard raised an eyebrow, waiting to hear what Sonata could possibly say now.

His guard was down now. Sonata took that oppurtunity to bolt off again.

"Darn it! Not again!" the guard shouted as the chase continued.

Sonata had to shake this guy somehow, but he does not give up easily as it would seem. What was she to do now? If she were caught now, she would certainly be kicked out of the park, so if a plan would be needed at any point, it was now.

As Sonata continued to run, something flew passed her vision that quickly grabbed her attention. She had an idea. Sonata proceeded to take an immediate left turn and run between two more colourful buildings.

The guard saw what Sonata was doing and ran down a path between two further back buildings, planning to catch Sonata off guard finally. He had entered a new street, the same one where Sonata would turn up. However, he looked all around the area and the blue siren was nowhere to be seen.

The guard slowly explored the street, assessing every face that entered his sight. And yet the one he needed seemed to disappear without a trace. He walked passed a large ball bit, which he took a quick glance at before deciding that a teenage girl could not possibly hide her entire body in a pit of balls that barely reached a child's kneecaps.

Seeing that the coast was clear, Sonata rose up from the ball pit, climbing out of the hole in the ground that she took refuge in. She stood up straight again and brushed the dust off of her skirt.

"Someone really oughtta do something about that very convenient hole. Some kid's probably gonna fall in there," she said to herself before walking in the opposite direction of where the guard was headed.


Meanwhile with Aria, her determination to win that stuffed llama was still strong. However, her sanity was wearing thin. How long she had spent at this one game she did not care to remember. All that she did know however was that llama was hers for the taking.

She gave the ball a lob. Miss. Another throw. Miss. And another, her last ball of this attempt. Hit.

"It seems that our competitor here has finally broken her record, Flim," the mustached man boredly said, leaning against his brother.

"And what is her record now, Flam?" Flim asked.

"Five."

Aria growled. "I'm winning that llama! Even if I become an old lady, I'll be here until it is mine!" She pounded her fist onto the counter. "More balls!"

Her arsenal was refilled for the umpteenth time with another fifteen balls at the ready. Her task was to knock down at least ten of these stupid clowns and the prize was hers, but she could swear that she hit a lot of these guys and they just didn't go down! Rigged or not, which it most likely was, Aria wasn't willing to lose to a bunch of stupid puppets that tried to intimidate her with their giant creepy smiles!

Just in a matter of seconds, Aria was out of balls again. "More!" she roared.

The FlimFlam brothers were becoming quite scared of the siren's fire. They both tried to push eachother to give the psycho what she wanted, eventually resulting in Flim winning the battle, forcing Flam to get closer to the beast.

"Hey, uh, listen lady, why don't you just take one of the other prizes?" Flam hesitantly asked. "You've done more than enough to get... that walrus." He pointed towards a grey walrus plushie that sat beside the llama.

Hearing that heinous suggestion caused for Aria to glare death into the moustache man's eyes. After seeing that, Flam quickly gave Aria more balls. There was no changing Aria's sights onto something else like some semi-cute walrus. No, she needed the undeniably adorable llama.

She gave it everything she had. Aria blazed through her ammunition once again, barely even focusing on where she was throwing anymore.

Flim and Flam were having to watch out as Aria's tosses started to come a bit too close for comfort. Flim had to duck to avoid a high toss while Flam comically raised his pelvis to dodge a more low blow.

Flim laughed nervously. "Listen lady, do you mind watching where you throw? You're kind of, umm..."

Flam pushed his brother out of the way as he looked at Aria with more anger in his eyes. "You're close to knocking us both out you psychotic-" But before Flam could finish, a ball hit his head with an audible donk sound and he fell to the ground unconscious.

"Flam! Speak to me, brother!" Flim shouted, cradling his brother's limp body. He looked up at Aria with sadness and rage. "You knocked my brother out cold! I'm going to get the police on you!"

Aria just looked at the bald faced man blankly. She then looked at the ball that was in her hand and suddenly she had an idea. She gave the ball a throw at Flim's head, also knocking him out.

Now with both brothers laying on the ground, Aria climbed over the counter and walked up to the llama plushie. She slid the long neck out of the plastic that was wrapped around it and finally claimed it as her own.

Aria walked away from the booth, cradling the llama like her child. However, she noticed the scared looks that she was receiving from the other booth owners. She looked between each of them and just brought a finger to her lips, telling everyone, "Shh," as she walked away.


Adagio slowly walked out of the café, one arm clenched around her stomach as it made a horrible gurgling sound. As it turns out, eating a ton of a literally sugar coated pastry was not healthy and now, Adagio is having to suffer the consequences. Other than the pain caused by her stomach, Adagio felt a great wave of regret in her decisions.

The newly sick siren was having to slowly glide her feet across the ground, being barely capable of lifting her legs without her stomach feeling on the edge of an explosion.

She had no idea what she should do, whether that was to find her sisters and go home, or to find the nearest porta-potty and try to release what was about to escape her. Adagio's mind was at a blank, so much so that she was not paying attention to where she was even walking anymore.

Due to her ignorance, Adagio had accidentally walked into a man waiting in line. She quickly pushed herself away, quickly sending her backwards, which she immediately regretted as the sudden movement caused her body to shake and she was so close to vomiting right there.

The man Adagio had bumped into turned around to her. "Hey, can't you watch where you're-?" But he cut himself off as he saw the terrible state Adagio was in. "You okay, lady?"

Adagio, too scared to talk anymore and while clutching her stomach with one hand, nodded and waved the man away as she quickly walked away. That porta-potty idea sounded real good right about now. The problem was that there wasn't one in sight, meaning that it would be a gruelling search.

Well, maybe not that hard, but with the siren's condition it would feel like an eternity before one showed up.

Adagio could feel something building up inside of her which meant that the danger was just about to arrive. Suddenly her cheeks puffed up, so she slapped her hands over her mouth to maintain the pressure. This was bad. If she didn't find a place to throw up now it would possibly mean bye-bye to some unfortunate soul's handbag.

She looked all around for someplace, anywhere. Her eyes landed onto a trash can and decided that this would have to do. Adagio quickly scurried towards the bin and bent over it. The horrible smell of the contents were the final straw, and everyone around Adagio could hear her retch.

Everyone looked at Adagio with disgust, some parents having to cover their children's ears so they couldn't listen. Adagio had quite the audience, but she really could not care less. The hell she endured in the last few minutes, she would have been happy with anyplace to let it all out, and she was certainly happy that she did find somewhere that wasn't a great inconvenience for others.

Adagio still held her head over the trash can for a few minutes after she was done, just in case there was a little more. She still felt horrible, but she would probably be good for another while. She finally took herself away from the bin, walking past the crowd that still gazed at her with shock and disgust that she paid no attention to. Her mission now was to find Aria and Sonata and have them take her home. This day didn't turn out to be anywhere near as fun as she was hoping, not that she set the bar too high in the first place.

Was she to admit to it being her own fault, the thought lingered her mind, but she definitely wouldn't be bringing this up with Aria, as she would tell Adagio that it was her fault, and right now Adagio really didn't feel like arguing.

Her stomach really hurt after everything that just happened, but for now she would have to look past the pain as the search for her sisters began.


Aria continued to walk through the park. She didn't really have any more plans for the day as she feels that she has made one of her greatest achievements.

She held her fluffy white prize up high. Just looking into its stitched eyes brought the siren more joy than pretty much anything. Having something that genuinely made her, the grouchiest of the three, smile with real happiness felt so strange to her, but at the same time it was like a blessing in disguise. The bright white fur of this llama brought light to this old siren's black heart.

Aria held the llama close to her face, nuzzling her nose against its nose. "I love you so much, my little Leeroy," she baby talked to it. "And if Sonata ever thinks she can take you away from me, I will gladly pummel her. Yes I will. Yes I will." Aria now rubbed cheeks with the plushie.

Aria had gone passed a porta-potty, to which the door opened suddenly. "Aria," she could hear someone whisper to her. Aria looked around suspiciously and then noticed the open door. She went in for a closer look, but then an arm came out and pulled her in, causing Aria to yelp as the door closed behind her.

"Aria! Thank goodness I found you!" Aria eventually managed to process what exactly was going on; Sonata had pulled her into the porta-potty and then locked the door behind them.

"Sonata, w-what are you doing?" Aria asked nervously.

Sonata scoffed and flicked her sister's nose. "Get your mind out of the gutter and just listen to me, okay? I'm in some deep doo-doo right now and I need your help!" she explained with urgency. Her eyes were suddenly drawn to the llama cradled in Aria's arms. Sonata clasped her hands and had a look of joy. "Aww! Has Awia made a wittle fwiend?" She brought a hand forward to try and stroke its head.

However, Aria quickly brought the llama away from Sonata. "As a matter of fact, I have, and I would kindly appreciate it if you kept your grubby mitts off him!" Aria hissed. "Now, why have you locked us in a toilet?"

Sonata suddenly remembered why they were even here. "Oh! Right, sorry. It's a funny story actually. You see, I-" But before Sonata could tell her story, there was a banging at the door.

"Occupied!" Sonata called out.

"Well, would you please hurry? There's a little, *groan*, emergency I need to attend to," the voice from the other side said.

"Wait, that's Adagio," Aria noticed. She unlocked the door to let the third one inside. However, before Aria and Sonata could say anything they were quickly thrown out and Adagio came running in.

Now outside of the porta-potty, Aria and Sonata stood by the door and they could hear Adagio emptying her stomach. After a few minutes the door opened again, and then came out a green faced, sweaty, dead looking siren.

"Yeesh, you okay, Adagio?" Aria asked, patting her sister on the back.

"Yikes! You look like a zombie, and not the hot kind," Sonata observised, receiving a glare from both Aria and Adagio. "What? You never seen a hot zombie before?"

Adagio grunted before she looked back at her actually supportive sister. "I'm okay, I think I just need to lay down for a while."

"Yeah, we gotta get you home." Aria brought one of Adagio's arms around her shoulder and started carrying her. "Sonata, you get her other arm."

Sonata went to grab Adagio's other arm. The coast seemed to be clear, so maybe with a little luck, she could make it out before-

"There you are!" Sonata turned around to see that the guard was back again, and he looked way more mad than he ever was before. "You are not getting away this time!"

Without thinking, Sonata ran off, dragging Adagio and Aria with her. She gave no heeding to the crowds of people the three of them were very rudely shoving.

"Hey, Sonata! Why is that guy chasing us?!" Aria called out.

"Tell you later! Right now we gotta hide!" Sonata replied.

"Well can you not run so fast? I feel like I'm gonna hurl again!" Adagio's face was slowly becoming green once more.

Sonata looked all around for another hiding spot. Why this guy wasn't giving up, Sonata had no clue why, she wasn't even in the kids' section anymore. But if she let herself get caught now, there was probably a high chance that she would never be allowed to come back.

A good spot came within her sights. She quickly changed directions and the Dazzlings all huddled together in a pretty cramped place.

The guard was scouting around again. He had lost Sonata again! This was now the third or fourth time (he was losing count) that girl has gotten away from him.

"Oh, darn it!" the guard shouted, stomping the ground. "If the boss finds out about this, I'm losing my job for sure." He ran off again, hoping that Sonata wasn't too far gone.

Someplace else, Sonata poked her head out of her hiding place, looking around for that nasty man. The coast was clear. For now. She retreated back into the hidey-hole where Adagio was beginning to gag again and Aria was rubbing her back.

"Care to explain what the heck is going on now?" Aria asked.

"Long story short, I went somewhere I wasn't supposed to and now I think he's gonna arrest me," Sonata explained.

Aria facepalmed. "Sonata, you little...! Ugh, I don't even know what to say to you anymore! Where are we anyway?"

All of a sudden, a ding sound was heard. "All riders, please keep your arms and legs inside the ride at all times," a voice spoke through a speaker.

The girls all stood up, but were immediately sat back down by a metal bar.

Aria quickly caught onto what was going on. "S-Sonata, you're hiding spot was a rollercoaster car!" She clinged to Leeroy for dear life.

"It was?" Sonata asked. She looked all around and saw the rails that were in front of them and the rows of people that sat behind them. "Huh, look at that, it was."

"You maniac! I want off the ride, right now!" Aria tried shouting out to someone while also trying to lift the metal bar that held her down to no avail. The car began moving forward. "No! Please stop the ride! STOP THE RIDE!"

But the car did not stop. It had reached the incline that led upwards, the car slowly started its way to the top.

Aria was shaking from her head to toe in fear. "I'm gonna die! I'm gonna die! I'm gonna die!"

"Aria! You're not going to die! We haven't even reached the loops yet," Sonata said, pointing towards one of the loops that they would soon ride through.

Seeing the giant loop caused Aria's fear to shoot right through the roof! She let out a cry as her impending doom was about to arrive. Aria tried to shut her eyes as she held onto Leeroy as tightly as she could.

"Yeesh, what is her problem?" Sonata asked to Adagio, who glared daggers at her, still as green faced as ever.

The car reached the top and slowed down, giving the Dazzlings front row seats as they feasted their eyes onto the large drop that lied in front of them. Aria's heart felt like it had stopped beating for a second. She could almost feel her own life flash right before her eyes. Was this to be the end of Aria Blaze? Not with a bang, but rather amidst a collection of crashed rollercoaster cars? A blaze of patheticness was definitely not what she would want to be on her tombstone, but for now, she would have to wait and see what fate had in store for her ahead.

After a few seconds of gawking what was the beginning of the girls' demise, the car moved forward again, gaining insane amounts of speed as the momentum carried the train of cars down the drop.

There were screams of thrill and excitement from Sonata and everyone else that sat behind the girls. Everyone was throwing their arms in the air and the speed of the ride forced everyone's arms to flail in all directions.

Sonata laughed maniacally as the car twisted and turned all around different bends and corkscrews. She was having the greatest thrill of her life at the moment, which was definitely a memory worthy enough to treasure forever.

The other two Dazzlings, however but obviously, were not handling the ride nearly as well. Midst all of the screams of joy, Aria felt on the verge of fainting from all of her shrieks of terror that were only barely drowned out by everyone else. She looked to Leeroy the Llama for comfort, but not even he could help her face her fears. Still, she held onto him tightly to maintain his safety. She wasn't even sure if plushies were allowed on these rides.

Adagio was only feeling worse. The quick turns that constantly threw her body around only made her feel way more ill than any time beforehand. If she were to throw up again now, it would definitely no longer be a fun ride for all of the unfortunate humans that sat behind them. As her brain felt like it was being dribbled like a basketball in her skull, Adagio mentally swore that she would never eat a donut or sweet pastry again.

Eventually, the ride came up to the magnum opus, the penultimate of the entire experience: the giant loop. The rollercoaster was racing towards it at an incredible velocity. It was now that Adagio's stomach could take no more again. As the cars all travelled up and eventually had all of the riders hanging upside down, that was the last straw for the poor cheeto hair, and as a result she vomited while upside down. Every other rider had lost all of their excitement for a brief moment as they all disgustingly reacted to Adagio's little scene. But this was short lived as the cars were racing back towards the ground even faster than before, now right side up.

The cars rounded a corner into familiar territory. Aria opened her eyes to see that they were approaching the start again. She took a sigh of relief. Finally, this hell would be over.

Aria sat herself up straight again, ready to get off. However, the ride didn't stop moving. It wasn't until the cars were being pulled upwards again that she realised something: rollercoasters ride the track twice. She would have to endure that horrifying mayhem again before she was allowed off.

"God, why are you doing this to me?" Aria asked to herself as she tightened her grip of Leeroy once more.


A few minutes later, the Dazzlings found themselves finally off the ride. As soon as her feet touched the concrete again, Aria found herself laying down and caressing the ground.

"Ground. Sweet ground," she whispered with trauma in her voice. "I never want to leave you again."

Sonata ruffled her scaredy-cat sister's hair and smiled at her. "Oh come on, Aria, it wasn't that bad. And besides, you finally faced your fear!" she said enthusiastically.

Aria's head snapped towards Sonata as she rose back up to her feet and gave Sonata the deadliest of stares she's probably ever given. Sonata broke a sweat just looking at the rage that was consuming Aria at the moment.

Sonata laughed nervously. "I'm gonna guess you're not very happy with me?"

"I'll show you how to face fears!" Aria's wrath was ready to be unleashed, but before she could lash out, Adagio fell onto her shoulders. Still not looking good, but looking better.

"You can kill her later, Aria. Now though, I need you to drive us home. I'm exhausted," Adagio demanded.

"Aww, what? But there's still so much I have to do!" Sonata whined.

Adagio moaned. "I really don't care. I just want to go back to bed, and besides, I'm pretty sure that security guard is still looking for you."

"Oh, yeah. Forgot about him." Sonata smiled innocently. "But come on, girls! Can we at least do one more thing before we leave?"

Adagio and Aria rolled their eyes. "Fine," they said in unison.

They were both immediately dragged away again by Sonata, who was freakishly strong to run this fast with the weight of two older sisters behind her. They were shoved into another confined space.

"Sonata, I swear, if you shoved us into another rollercoaster...!" Aria growled.

"Relax, Silly-Billy, and say cheese!" Sonata announced.

Adagio and Aria looked in front of them and saw a screen in the wall that had the three of them captured in it, and above the screen was a tiny lens. There was a countdown on the screen that began at three.

"A... photobooth?" Aria noticed.

"To treasure this memory forever!" Sonata excitedly exclaimed as she wrapped her arms around her sisters, giving the camera the widest smile she could give.

The camera began to flash at them. The first picture has Sonata with her big and happy smile while Aria and Adagio were caught off guard by Sonata's loving embrace.

The second picture has Aria ready to kill Sonata while Adagio tries to stop her. Sonata tried hiding behind Adagio while also caught mid-scream.

The third picture has Aria looking off to the side with her arms crossed over Leeroy, all while still having some anger in her face. Sonata gave a piece sign as she winked and smiled for the camera. Adagio gave a weak smile and waved forward, showing her exhaustion and illness, but she tried to power through it just for this.


Sonata held the photos close to her heart as the Dazzlings were all walking through the park looking for their car. She suddenly stopped as a though entered her mind, causing for Adagio and Aria to walk right passed her.

"Adagio, Aria?" Sonata called. The other two sisters stopped and looked back at the blue haired siren. "I just wanna say... thank you both so much. This was probably one of the best days of my life!"

"Yeah, well, anything for the birthday girl," Aria suddenly said.

Sonata's smile suddenly disappeared as confusion had entered her. "Wait... birthday?"

Aria scoffed. "What? You think we're just gonna come to a place as expensive as this on any old random day?"

Adagio placed her hand over Aria's mouth to shut her up. "What Aria means to say is that we know just how much you wanted to come here, so we decided to save up early so that we would have enough money in time for your birthday," she explained with a sweet smile. "However, it sounds as though you had forgotten, like how you managed to forget the fourth of July."

"Why do we even celebrate that?" Aria asked quietly to herself.

Sonata sniffled as tears began to form in her eyes. She rushed forward and began hugging the life out of her sisters. "Oh! I love you guys so much!"

"Sonata, please! I can't breath!" Aria pleaded.

Sonata let go as to not kill her pigtailed sister. "Oh. Hehe. Sorry. Let's go home now."

A smile finally formed on Aria's face as they all turned around to look for their car again. "Best idea you've had all day."

And thus ended a day of great fun and complete havoc. With the sun beginning to set over the horizon, the Dazzlings climbed back into their car with Aria taking the driver's seat now and they rode their way back home.

The bond shared between siblings continuously proves to be strong, and while there may be some grouches that act as though they do not care, deep down Sonata knew that her sisters truly cared for her, and she loved them back. Through thick and thin, these three have stuck together as if there was this seal that binded them together, and from the way anyone would try to see it, the Dazzlings were a team, but most importantly, they were a family.

Having been lost in a daydream while staring out of the car window, Sonata perked up as she came to a realisation. "Oh! I get it now! Because twelve inches equals a foot!" And then, much to Adagio and Aria's dismay, Sonata began howling with laughter with no signs of stopping.

It was going to be a long ride home.

Author's Note:

I'm pretty sure I started this near the end of 2019. I got far into it, and then I just stopped working on it for whatever reason. I'm glad I came back around to it, though, it was a fun write for me.

Hopefully it is as fun for you all to read. :twilightsmile:

Comments ( 2 )

Scum still outranks an amoeba. And hey, at least humans are not something as lame as overgrown, mutated seahorses. I'd say we're better than sirens. Well, at least people like me who are probably immune to mind control due to the attempt only causing us to lose all that we are to a bloodlust-induced madness, thus turning us into mindless beasts. After all, you can't control someone's mind if there's almost nothing left to control. Everyone else, however, is probably totally screwed against that type of crap.

Great story. I wish Sunset had done the same thing to Flim and Flam.

Login or register to comment